Home U.S. Coin Forum

Dan Carrs latest

Comments

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    I think I see mine.... B)

How many BILLIONS of dollars in undelivered merchandise do you think is sitting there . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

edited December 23, 2020 9:07AM

@oih82w8 said:
    Shipping is SLOW just about everywhere.

Here is one you just won't believe . . . . . .

Purchased a single small coin on 12/17/2020 - from a seller in Kihei, Hawaii . . . . . . .

It was put into an envelope with a single stamp, post marked 12/18/2020.

It was delivered in Tucker, GA (a small suburb of Atlanta) yesterday, 12/22/2020 . . . . . . .

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:

@oih82w8 said:
    Shipping is SLOW just about everywhere.

Here is one you just won't believe . . . . . .

Purchased a single small coin on 12/17/2020 - from a seller in Kihei, Hawaii . . . . . . .

It was put into an envelope with a single stamp, post marked 12/18/2020.

It was delivered in Tucker, GA (a small suburb of Atlanta) yesterday, 12/22/2020 . . . . . . .

That's great service from USPS. Not typical in reverse mailed into Kihei. Off Holiday rush it's not too bad but right now add up to a week extra.

DC package with 26 steps arrived. Half bronze, half silver.

Photos when I can.

Z

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:

Photos when I can.

Z

Has the riddle been unlocked? Or is it a secret to those in hand? :)

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@ZoidMeister said:

Photos when I can.

Z

I liked @Akbeez 's solution

"If the dude steps to the LEFT (outside the box) #11, he can then step on the side/edge #12, then onto the back side #13. Escher made it a point not to comply with GRAVITY in his works. ;)"

• TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I saw about 6 UPS trucks reloading from a box truck. There were people and packages all over. Also yesterday morning before 8AM USPS delivered a package that was sent to me from the Village, FL on Dec 4th.
    But my winnings from Heritage are still in transit for 2-3 weeks and my Rite-Aide order the same thing stii in transit for 2 weeks from NY.
    I'm in PA.
    OH well maybe by Easter

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • @ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@Akbeez said:

@ZoidMeister said:

Photos when I can.

Z

I liked @Akbeez 's solution

"If the dude steps to the LEFT (outside the box) #11, he can then step on the side/edge #12, then onto the back side #13. Escher made it a point not to comply with GRAVITY in his works. ;)"

I don't think the guy is standing on step 1. He is in the middle of his journey.

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    For those that can't read smoke signals...Merry Christmas to you all.... B)

Merry Christmas to you, Chief! 🎄

@Akbeez said:

@Kudbegud said:

>

Anyone figure out the riddle/answer?

I think I've got it!

Moonlight Mint is entering / concluding it's 13th year. To @dcarr the journey has been like an Escher staircase.

13 The End? - contemplating retirement?

Say it ain't so Dan. And Merry Christmas!

Z

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:

@Bullsitter said:

So how many tumbles is that?

I’ve counted 1,478 so far, I’ll update you when he stops!

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    I’ve posted these before but, still my favorites.

Gold overstrike

Mexico overstrikes

A few of these are toning now!

Those 3 are awesome! Great Dan classics!

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

Nice! Was the octagon kept in the bathroom :o ? Love the toning --

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Akbeez said:

@Zoins said:

@coinsarefun said:

Nice! Was the octagon kept in the bathroom :o ? Love the toning --

lo.......no not the bathroom. It sits on a shelf in the safe. It’s not in a flip.
    Just bare on the safe.

Try next day sauerkraut. Better than safe , ever B)

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

They look good Z. My bronze piece just arrived, look cool in hand... B)

@Bullsitter said:
    They look good Z. My bronze piece just arrived, look cool in hand... B)

Better photos of my two.

edited January 1, 2021 10:37AM

What a great way to start off the new year!

@WDH said:
    Anyone else getting a Peace broken sword?

I have to! I asked (begged!) Dan to make one years ago when the photos with the Roman Numeral date were first posted here! It's great to see this come to fruition, like with the Winged Liberty Double Eagle.

I also love the bolt thrower. I hope Dan makes a gold one this year as it's one of my favorite designs.

I also love this one. This one is neat because it says "Last Morgan Dollar" and we don't know what the US Mint one will look like yet, which makes it cool!

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

THANKS @Bullsitter for the heads up.

@WDH - I am.

Thank you Dan. All beauties.

edited January 1, 2021 10:36AM

The MCMXXI Roman Numeral Peace Dollar is limited to just 100 pieces!

My order is in!

Any guesses on how long before it sells out?

• 7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got mine as well!! A bit expensive....

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • MitchellMitchell Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 3:20PM

I shouldn't have but I bit. Agreed, a bit expensive but very pretty.

I didn't notice that the Roman Numeral Peace dollars were overstruck on 1921 High Relief dollars.
    Now I appreciate the pricing and I can hardly wait for mine to arrive.

Successful BST: dmwjr, ike126, bajjerfan, morganman94, sonoradesertrat, 12voltman, duiguy, gsaguy, gsa1fan, martin, coinfame, zas107, bothuwui, gerard, kccoin, jtwitten, robcool, coinscoins, mountain_goat, and a few more.
  • DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

My order is in!

These are actually struck over genuine 1921 Peace dollars?! Am I reading that correctly?

If so, this may be the first time a key date was used as a host coin to strike fantasy pieces.
    I dont know how I feel about that🤔

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

I only went for the 2 owls

coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN

@DCW said:

These are actually struck over genuine 1921 Peace dollars?! Am I reading that correctly?

If so, this may be the first time a key date was used as a host coin to strike fantasy pieces.

I actually liked the idea and explains the price somewhat too.
    I’m actually anxious to see mine in hand.

@coinsarefun said:

@DCW said:

@coinsarefun
    We can only hope he is using cull/damaged ones

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021 2:59PM

In on all. Thanks Bull for the heads up! For you brother. Roll Tide!

And yes I'm into owls

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • AgflyerAgflyer Posts: 948 ✭✭✭

I got mine too! Thanks so much for the update!

I've had great transactions with people like: drwstr123, CCC2010, AlanLastufka, Type2, Justlooking, zas107, StrikeOutXXX, 10point, 66Tbird, and many more!
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector said:

@coinsarefun said:

@DCW said:

@coinsarefun

I'm hoping no owls were hurt either

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

All new items are nice but are starting to get a bit too pricey for me.

Many happy BST transactions
    edited January 1, 2021 3:18PM

@coinsarefun said:

@DCW said:

I think it's nice for it to be a real 1921 Peace Dollar. The price is low enough that these need to be low grade/priced coins.

edited January 1, 2021 3:19PM

@Twobitcollector said:
    >

@coinsarefun

I would think so as who would o/s a gem 21 peace :p
    But, yes, prolly polished, damaged etc... 21’s will be neat.
    Would also be cool if the under date was barely visible

edited January 1, 2021 3:18PM

@DCW said:

@Zoins said:

My order is in!

That would explain the uptick in pricing. I hope mine shows a bit of ghosting from the host coin if that is the case.

Yeah, I had to bite the bullet and get one . . .

Z

PS......I can only hope the mintage stays at 100. It would be nice to own a rarity.
    Unless......die pair 2, 3 4 etc.... is down the pipeline

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,957 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinsarefun said:
    PS......I can only hope the mintage stays at 100. It would be nice to own a rarity.
    Unless......die pair 2, 3 4 etc.... is down the pipeline

That would have me a bit concerned too. Could there also be bulk handled versions?
    I'm still debating it, but at $360 it seems too pricey and I could easily see these selling for less on eBay in the future. And nothing against Carr-he sees the aftermarket prices and why leave the profit for the resellers.

edited January 1, 2021 3:49PM

@U1chicago said:

I'm still debating it, but at $360 it seems too pricey and I could easily see these selling for less on eBay in the future.

Quite a few coins are almost never, or never, available on eBay, like the 1805 Dollar and MCMVI (1906) Winged Liberty St. Gaudens. I haven't seen either of these resold ever. Others were offered before but come up rarely now like the 1816 CBH. I can see this being one of them if there are no more die pairs.

And nothing against Carr-he sees the aftermarket prices and why leave the profit for the resellers.

What I find interesting is that sometimes Dan's pieces are being resold on eBay for more while the mintage is still open and being offered by Dan directly. I can understand selling them for more after the mintage closes, but in this situation, it seems Dan's own prices may be too low. Part of the increase in prices may be to adjust to these early resales.

• DCWDCW Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

While we are debating the subject:
    Why do they have to be 1921 host coins?
    Couldn't he have used common dates with the same effect? Unless of course you can see the 1921 date of the host coin. I guess that would be neat.

Still undecided on where I stand regarding overstriking key dates. My inner voice is saying bad idea, but my impulse is to buy one anyway.
    :D

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

edited January 1, 2021 3:53PM

@DCW said:
    While we are debating the subject:
    Why do they have to be 1921 host coins?
    Couldn't he have used common dates with the same effect? Unless of course you can see the 1921 date of the host coin. I guess that would be neat.

Still undecided on where I stand regarding overstriking key dates. My inner voice is saying bad idea, but my impulse is to buy one anyway.

As for numbers, there seem to be quite a few 1921s available and the prices aren't overly high for the low grade ones. And it's just a maximum of 100 overstrikes out of an original mintage of over 1 million, so approximately 0.01% of the mintage.

@DCW said:

My inner voice is saying bad idea, but my impulse is to buy one anyway.

I’ll help your inner self decide.......by it, I’ll pay .......you send it over to me, done! >:):p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file