Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Complaints /Vents / Peeves/ Annoyances/ Etc..or funny observations..what's yours??

Comments

• Options
    Needing to reply immediately after new people post would kind of make you one though. Request please to not reply after anything I post anymore. Just please ignore it if not of interest to you.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: rippapotomus

Needing to reply immediately after new people post would kind of make you one though. Request please to not reply after anything I post anymore. Just please ignore it if not of interest to you.

OK image
  • Options
    The three HOF voters who didnt vote for Griffey Jr.

"Griffey was the first American Leaguer to win three straight home run titles since some guy named Babe Ruth. He was elected to start more All-Star Games (13) than any outfielder who ever appeared on a punch card. He won a unanimous MVP award and racked up five top-five MVP finishes in six years." Just he and Mays are in the 600 HR and 10 Gold Glove club. Pleeeeasse tell me why he doesn't deserve a vote or even one out of your ten votes!?!?!?!?!?

And that there were only 4 college playoff teams. 8 is inevitable. And especially not on the evening of Dec. 31st which is about the hardest night to get away and leave the women alone. Not an option on NY's eve. I think I heard ratings were down 34%!!!!! Wow.
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Ebay only allows you to ask five questions a day of sellers.

• Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    The following 'Topic Titles' are from the first few pages of today's board --

Delete

closed

Ebay Auctions

sold

Help please!

ended

I guess my complaint could be titled 'Useless Topic Titles'...

• Options
    Homeless tortoises.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: skrezyna23
    Ebay only allows you to ask five questions a day of sellers.

Really? Thats something important to know. Ive been really close and would have hated for the conversation to have been put on hold. Why?

Originally posted by: UncleTwoPillow
    Homeless tortoises.

I thought they have a shell.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    People that drive slow in the "fast lane"...I've seen this increase quite a bit in the last few years. Why can't people just move over to the slower lane if you see me come up on you? Instead, I have to pass them in the right lane....if anyone here goes slow in the fast lane, please stop and kindly use the right lane, thanks!
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Burger King "Croissandwich" radio commercials. Or should I say CROISSANDWICH commercials.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Gemyanks10

People that drive slow in the "fast lane"...I've seen this increase quite a bit in the last few years. Why can't people just move over to the slower lane if you see me come up on you? Instead, I have to pass them in the right lane....if anyone here goes slow in the fast lane, please stop and kindly use the right lane, thanks!

I hear ya, bro. I'm sorry if I'm going so slow, but I'm trying to send a text and chat on Facebook.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: UncleTwoPillow
    Originally posted by: Gemyanks10

I hear ya, bro. I'm sorry if I'm going so slow, but I'm trying to send a text and chat on Facebook.

Keep up the good work!
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The use of the word "irregardless."

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: grote15

+1 !!
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: grote15

+1

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Cincinnati Bengals
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Darin

The Cincinnati Bengals

+1

What a terrible way to lose.
  • Options
    image "Crawfish shorts, I like your style." image
  • Options
    Originally posted by: MULLINS5
    Originally posted by: Darin
    The Cincinnati Bengals

+1

What a terrible way to lose.

No sympathy for them or the fans in the stands. 6 got arrested

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    * snow angels

* Kid n Play

* chocolate Cheerios

* Zubas, high tops & mullets

* people who drive fast in the slow lane
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    *People that honk their horn at me for driving 55 mph in a 55 mph zone.

*Grape Nuts cereal. You open up the box... No grapes! No nuts! What's the deal?

*Ovaltine. The jar is round. The mug is round. Why don't they call it Roundtine?

*Newman.

*Truck Nutz, Truck Ballz, Bumper Nuts, Bumper Balls, Cargo Nads, Drive-thru Danglers, Trucksticles, Hitch Nuggets, and Highway Hangers.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    2 different 20 day subs not popping after the 30th biz day and customer service saying they should be done by the end of the week..... Last week.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭✭
    How about people who honk their horn at me while I'm walking (pedestrian)? What do they think it's cute? image Hey at least I'm not the one worrying about car/gas payments and way too many having those giant tacky wheels that probably cost more than the car itself!

And the cereal Grape Nuts gets its name because when it was originally made, they thought it resembled the little seeds you find in grapes.
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Estil
    And the cereal Grape Nuts gets its name because when it was originally made, they thought it resembled the little seeds you find in grapes.

Grapes have seeds?!?!? image Not in 'Murica.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Estil

How about people who honk their horn at me while I'm walking (pedestrian)? What do they think it's cute? image

Maybe they think you're cute.

• Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Grape Nuts are delicious!
  • Options
    With all due respect,

1, More threads about cards..and less about finance and investing. I'd rather see threads about 1991 Topps baseball variations than threads about what the Nasdaq is doing relative to cards. Cards go "up and down"...just collect. It gets tiresome because this board has the potential to be great, just as it used to be. I hope we can get back to actual threads about cards and less of the other stuff like how to make mortgage payments, etc. If I log on and every thread on the main page is actually card related, that's a good thing.

2, Ebay concerns/heads up's needs to have it's own section like "community forum", "bst" etc..call it "Feebay forum" or something to that effect. I think this is an important topic, but oftentimes it clogs up the main page..as I said above lets talk 1978 topps..not ebay seller "jacka**" ripped someone off...give it it's own section.

• Options
    Agree, GY. Even in the last year this board has gone way downhill.
  • Options
    49ersGuy49ersGuy Posts: 382 ✭✭
    small little annoyance.

When you purchase say 3 lots from a seller and notice that combo shipping is not mentioned in the notes. After you win you send over a message requesting combo ship and do not hear back from the seller. The lots total about 9 cards (raw) and the shipping totals nearly 9 dollars.

You know on the other end the seller is hoping to wait you out so that you will pay and he will make some money off that. Then there is the chance he says he does not combine shipping.

So if the seller does not combine shipping I'm left to think that he should have to send 3 different packages. Of course it arrives in one package.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: 49ersGuy
    small little annoyance.

When you purchase say 3 lots from a seller and notice that combo shipping is not mentioned in the notes. After you win you send over a message requesting combo ship and do not hear back from the seller. The lots total about 9 cards (raw) and the shipping totals nearly 9 dollars.

You know on the other end the seller is hoping to wait you out so that you will pay and he will make some money off that. Then there is the chance he says he does not combine shipping.

So if the seller does not combine shipping I'm left to think that he should have to send 3 different packages. Of course it arrives in one package.

On the bright side, you have 3 opportunities for whatever you feel is appropriate feedback and star ratings.
  • Options
    Good one. I hear you. I just pass on any sellers that aren't clear about this.

Originally posted by: 49ersGuy

small little annoyance.

• Options
    I agree on GY points as well. In terms of 'the board' --

1. Add a Like or Thumbs Up button (like every other website). Something where you can acknowledge a post without this silly quote thing.

2. Add hosting capabilities (like every other website). It's crazy to have to use a third party to host photos and then link it here.

These 'tech improvements' would give the board a more modern, professional feel. Obviously, the people posting are the key but I think it would really help.

Originally posted by: DanBessette

Agree, GY. Even in the last year this board has gone way downhill.

• Options
    The fact that pack searching is celebrated with 3 "awesome" pages so far. But people are in an uproar when Wrigley pics are posted in the "wrong" card forum.
  • Options
    Great one about pack searchers. I won't even open those threads. I used to regularly see a guy at Target, mid-50s or something, shifty looking, searching some sort of packs. I would just watch from a distance. Like watching a grown man pick his nose. The downside of this hobby for sure.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: thebaseballcardkid

The fact that pack searching is celebrated with 3 "awesome" pages so far. But people are in an uproar when Wrigley pics are posted in the "wrong" card forum.

Correct us - where does a thread about "pack searching" belong, and where does a thread about Wrigley Field belong?
  • Options
    It's simply a technical argument that pack searching is about cards, so it belongs in the Sports Cards forum, but Wrigley Field in the abstract is about sports, so it belongs in the Sports Talk forum.

Though, I'd say that, given how slow the forum is, there isn't much need to worry about saving real estate space right now.
  • Options
    Wrigley Field is a piece of memorabilia. A very large piece.
  • Options
    I think one of the reasons the forum is slow is because you can't truely say what you feel around here because of fear of being banned. Most of the regular posters that were here when I joined got banned I think, and it was a more entertaining place. Not to say that there isn't still good posters/collectors here because that's not it, but instead of argueing like men, we have to all agree with each other and kiss each others behinds about how nice our 1988 Score commons are.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Originally posted by: LarkinCollector
    Yuup

So instead of truely venting here about the hobby, I have to use other outlets like Facebook etc, where no one understands what I'm talking about anyway. Lol.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I happened to read on another thread that begsu got banned.

I have no idea why. I liked his posts because he put up a lot of scans of his cards, which I enjoyed looking at.

I think PSA should tell us when a poster gets banned, and the reason why.

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Most people seem to get banned for harassing others. There's nothing wrong with strongly disagreeing about a topic or venting. Just keep the personal remarks to yourself and all should be good.
  • Options
    Here's what is my peeve. Pack Fresh. Let's say I opened a pack of 1985 Topps in 1985. How long are the cards pack fresh? I've pulled some real clunkers out of packs I guess technically those are pack fresh.
    #CROWNED

2015 World Series Champions
    2018 Worst Minor League System In Baseball
    #FIREDAYTONMOORE
  • Options
    lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    I think PSA should tell us when a poster gets banned, and the reason why.

I agree with this. I hate being left to wonder when someone disappears. Communication would be nice. There are so many incredibly knowledgeable folks who aren't with us anymore.
  • Options

Most people seem to get banned for harassing others. There's nothing wrong with strongly disagreeing about a topic or venting. Just keep the personal remarks to yourself and all should be good.

Not the reason for Begsu being banned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette

Not the reason for Begsu being banned.

Then why? PM. He added to the community in my opinion but haven't read all of his posts.
    I would like to contact him if anyone knows how. Thanks.

And btw I have no problem with Wrigley pics being posted here. Otherwise I probably would have never have seen them. Point missed. Above the occiput is where it went. Sigh x2.
  • Options
    garnettstylegarnettstyle Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like it is getting harder to buy stuff on ebay. Heard some complaints this week that 4SC's is only letting buyers purchase 1 item every 10 days. What in the??

IT CAN'T BE A TRUE PLAYOFF UNLESS THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONS ARE INCLUDED

• Options
    Originally posted by: thebaseballcardkid

And btw I have no problem with Wrigley pics being posted here. Otherwise I probably would have never have seen them.

The moderator has a problem with it. That's why there's a rule about it.
  • Options
    People who interrupt popular threads to remind everyone that this is post # 300.
  • Options
    When you miss being post #300 by just a few minutes.
  • Options
    Great one. That's on my list as well. Along with "Freshly Graded" and "Minty".

Originally posted by: BeRoyalKC

Here's what is my peeve. Pack Fresh. Let's say I opened a pack of 1985 Topps in 1985. How long are the cards pack fresh? I've pulled some real clunkers out of packs I guess technically those are pack fresh.