Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Complaints /Vents / Peeves/ Annoyances/ Etc..or funny observations..what's yours??

seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
edited December 10, 2017 5:39AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Seems a thread may be needed to just vent or just complain a little bit.....

Ill start.....

1. Im thinking of bidding on a PWCC item and the top three bidders ALL have double digit retractions....I don't know if Im up against just one (possible) shiller..argh..
Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image

Comments

• Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    - When people post sports talk in this forum when a Sports Talk Forum exists. Many seem to think this is the only forum on the website.

- When a seller declines what I consider a reasonable offer without a counter offer.

- stock photos

- Joels HitShow on COMC (always declines outright, never counter offers).

• Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    when people triple stamp my double stamp! image
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I avoid joels hitshow on comc for that reason. I always offer 20% unless a card is ridiculously overpriced. I guess he doesn't want to sell his cards?
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    I can also complain about PWCC as well. I won one card from them and my inbox continually was flooded with their spam mail. That's seriously lame imo.
  • Options
    It's getting rather cold in the house at night and now the bobbleheads all want me to put on their little sports jackets. Crybabies. Hmmph.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    +1 for Joels hitshow being a particular kind of bag......................

Edited because even typing his name in a forum is annoying
  • Options
    Originally posted by: skrezyna23

- When people post sports talk in this forum when a Sports Talk Forum exists. Many seem to think this is the only forum on the website.

- stock photos

Agree wholeheartedly with both of these

• Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    A card that is graded 8 (oc) and is described as high end and the (oc) is conveniently left out of the title.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stewie

It's getting rather cold in the house at night and now the bobbleheads all want me to put on their little sports jackets. Crybabies. Hmmph.

frostbitten toes are no laughing matter, mister! image

• Options
    Originally posted by: begsu1013

Great. Thanks. They read your post and demanded mukluks, too. image
  • Options
    i sense an "anonymous" call to the state labor department should you not comply....

outsourcing.
  • Options
    They don't "work" here. They just stand around. Like Caltrans. image
  • Options
    seebelowseebelow Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: cardcountry

A card that is graded 8 (oc) and is described as high end and the (oc) is conveniently left out of the title.

Jeff

..agreed...and along the same lines.. listed as "centered"...and just went to one ebay page and saw.."super" "dead" and "great....centered"

..also a psa 7 listed as "could be a ....psa 8, 9 or 10"

....those who buy at low SMR but sell at high VCP

..listed cards at 150% to 2x VCP and never lower....awesomely named - "museum listings" by another CU member

...#1...after being bid up all night, throwing in the towel..then the AH calling the next day saying the high bidder mysteriously bowed out and i can "win" it at the high price.....yeah, ok...only fell for it three times in my 20's. They still call.

just looked up joelhitshow...228k listings..wow..never bought from him..bad store?

ok..got all that off my chest..thanks for listening
    Interested in higher grade vintage cards. Aren't we all. image
  • Options
    dberk12dberk12 Posts: 399 ✭✭
    I can't stand when a seller describes a card in a less desirable TPG holder as a "crossover candidate" to a more desirable TPG holder. That is another way of saying - "I am willing to sell you this card for X and you can successfully cross the card over and now it will be worth 5 times X". We are all so lucky that there are so many generous offers currently on eBay.

Baseball, it is said, is only a game. True. And the Grand Canyon is only a hole in Arizona.

-George F. Will
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: dberk12
    I can't stand when a seller describes a card in a less desirable TPG holder as a "crossover candidate" to a more desirable TPG holder. That is another way of saying - "I am willing to sell you this card for X and you can successfully cross the card over and now it will be worth 5 times X". We are all so lucky that there are so many generous offers currently on eBay.

Ah, yes. The generous eBay seller. "looks like a 10!" "regrade?" "undergraded"

Then there's my favorite "PSA 10?" on an ungraded card that is obviously not even a 7. actually, pretty much anything with a question mark is annoying.
  • Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I buy a card and try to add it to my registry set and its still in someone else's set. Its happened quite a few times to me this year, just a hassle to deal with when you're not that gifted with trying to figure out how to send pics to PSA via email. I've had so much practice now I'm getting the hang of it.

The great thing about buying from 4SC, this NEVER HAPPENS!
    DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Darin
    The great thing about buying from 4SC, this NEVER HAPPENS!

Sure it does: Link

• Options
    here's a first for me:

when I make a priority overnight label and write, as requested, "2nd day service" on the box for psa to know the service level, but then someone at fedex takes it upon themselves to change the package level from priority overnight to their 2nd day service level. negating the entire purposes for both companies and possible time constraints of a deal.
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    When you drop 3k on a Pete Rose RC and it gets damaged in the mail by USPS. I'd post a couple pics but I have no idea how.
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    here's a first for me:

when I make a priority overnight label and write, as requested, "2nd day service" on the box for psa to know the service level, but then someone at fedex takes it upon themselves to change the package level from priority overnight to their 2nd day service level. negating the entire purposes for both companies and possible time constraints of a deal.

On my very first sub, I was sending priority 2 day for a CC Renewal, and when I wrote 7 day all over the package, the lady says, you don't need priority for 7 day service, it'll be there in 2. I had to explain it was a message to the receiver, and asked if it would complicate anything. She said no, and thus far it hasn't.

Also...totally agree with most/all of the above. Question marks kill me. Especially on things like Heritage box topper packs...Mantle, Clemente, Aaron? When you can see the card thru the pack.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Tramp Stamps! What in the world really convinced any of them that they were a good idea?
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Seller has BIN/Best offer at $45. I offer $40 and then $42. Each time seller comes back with $45. Why even put Best offer if you are only accepted BIN priceimage
  • Options
    opposite of a pet-peeve as this basically makes me laugh.

this should be an easy math question:

tom has 12 christmas racks. 1 of these racks has a mantle. he only lists 6 racks, however 1 has already sold. what are the chances you have in receiving the mantle rack.

explain your answer.

dutch auction
  • Options
    Originally posted by: RyanAdmirer

Tramp Stamps! What in the world really convinced any of them that they were a good idea?

IDK, depending on the chick, I kind of like them image

• Options

tom has 12 christmas racks. 1 of these racks has a mantle. he only lists 6 racks, however 1 has already sold. what are the chances you have in receiving the mantle rack.

explain your answer.

dutch auction

Forget the Mantle. I'd stand on my head and travel by dogsled to get to those rare rack pack holders he's peddlin'. I bet the elves are working double OT.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

here's a first for me:

To prevent this I address the label like this;

PSA (2day service)

PO box.....
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

explain your answer.

dutch auction

Zero. Plausible deniability in sellers favor. I'm not even sure you'd get the Mathews or Wynn.
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭

Do bobbleheads even have toes?

But seriously one that is really getting on my nerves lately is "set break", which I bet half the time wasn't really a set break...just an excuse to keyword spam the word "set" image

Oh yeah, and those who make the "I'm not a professional grader" disclaimer. image

WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Originally posted by: alifaxwa2

here's a first for me:

To prevent this I address the label like this;

PSA (2day service)

PO box.....

fedex does not do po boxes. i know, i know...

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    I was at USPS the other day and there was a FedEx truck droping off packages to the clerk. No joke.
  • Options
    fedex and ups work w/ usps on both fronts. transferring and actual delivery. especially this time of year.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    When people refer to the Trammell rookie card as the "Molitor rookie card".

• Options
    Originally posted by: DanBessette
    Originally posted by: RyanAdmirer

IDK, depending on the chick, I kind of like them image

Really Dan? I don't know, I just can't get into them. I gotta cover that thing up with the remote control or a sandwhich or something.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options
    " a sandwhich or something "

hysterical!
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

explain your answer.

dutch auction

I have no chance to get the Mantle, because I ain't buying any.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    But are the dimes stolen??

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ha! stolen or just letting people know in case they were stolen because the dimes were had at a very good price?!?!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    HAHA. I saw that math problem and the kids response on the Internet the other day. What a wise little kid!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    So, then Amy's pennies are legit because they came FASPB.
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    Madison "Bumgardner" Yeah you Harold Reynolds.
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    How about all those listings with "RARE!" or "ESTATE" in the topic? Now those are Ebay cliches if I ever heard any...neither of which are hardly ever relevant or true. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Shipping overcharges and poor packaging- I had an invoice for 13 cards for $7 shipping, decided to add one more card from the same seller. Shipping on the new invoice? $12. (All were regular sized PSA slabs). Cards came in a small flat rate box, no padding, no nothing, just put in the box in 2 stacks.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not card related, but still annoys the living hell out of me......people who wear pajamas out of the house!

Its one thing if you're 2 years old, but adults who go grocery shopping in them just drives me batty!!!!

Is this what it has come to? Too lazy to even get dressed?
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭
    Sellers who sell NM/MT raw 84D rookies for $40 when the PSA 8 version will barely net you $20.
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    Rack packs and cellos with the lovely ? in the auction title:

Mattingly?
    Munson?
    Ozzie Smith rookie?

Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    Originally posted by: skrezyna23

Sellers who sell NM/MT raw 84D rookies for $40 when the PSA 8 version will barely net you $20.

I think you mean "list for $40," not "sell" image
  • Options
    Here's mine.

"This pack is GUARANTEED unopen!"
    Sure, but that would also include a resealed pack or a backroom reproduction.... still, guaranteed unopen.
    I like to see guaranteed FACTORY sealed!

Or, "This pack is from a box or sealed case!" - as 100% of ALL packs are.... HELLO!!!

Oh, and other fan fav.... cello and rack boxes with the "GUARANTEED unsearched" claim!
    Yeah, riiiiight! image