Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Just made a Pretty Sweet PSA Storage Box

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike, you need to put out your own catalogue! Beautiful work!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    LOL thanks Tim, it would probably slim down on the pictures huh lol
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    Well I haven't worked to much with wood that last couple of months because had to tear apart my downstairs shower and rebuild it. I just finished up today and of course my daughter had to be the first one taking a shower in it and of course the wife had to wipe it down right away after she got out lol. Here was the finish project I thought I would share.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    Let me know next time you make it out to southern California....I've got a few projects around my house for you too. Great job.
  • Options
    Brian,

I always go to Norther Cali, southern Cali has too many people lol. Thanks bud.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    What part of Northern California? Just curious.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Happy Camp, it's near Yreka
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    Terrific work, Mike!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hiya Mike

You're a talented guy!

Those boxes alone are works of art - if I ever finish my 63F set - something like that would be superb for storing.

I have to say tho - I'm a whiz with duck tape. image
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike

I'm laughing lol, I use duck tape all the time. To hold the project until I get around fixing it lol
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: lilmule
    Happy Camp, it's near Yreka

I played football at cos in weed.
  • Options
    I played high school ball there, a lot of classmates went to the COS as well.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    You are brilliant, Mike!
  • Options
    Nah not brilliant, I had a quote for the shower and they said it would costs around $7000 to do the shower. I was kind of frustrated and said to hell with it I'll give it a try. I really like my tools so with me buying all my material including all the tools and costs around $2500. Tile work is no joke it is some hard work but was able to get a 64 mantle for what I saved image
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am over near Eureka, so happy to see some real Northern California folks on here!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    Well, been awhile since I've posted anything. A lot of hurricane warnings, inspections, and of course family was slowing me down, luckily all of hurricanes missed us here in Hawaii. Hurricane Lester was the last big one that just flew little north of us, which of course allowed me to finish up a few boxes after working on them for a couple of months.

Box #1

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    Here is the second Box. The first Tall Boy Box.

Box #2

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    And here is Box #3

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    The wife wanted me to put up a couple of pictures of myself installing the Mahogany dividers and fitting them in place.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    I still go with the white cardboard boxes placed in airtight bins away from all light.
  • Options
    Those are really beautiful, Mike! You are truly gifted when it comes to woodworking.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Amazing work Mike. How much do the empty boxes weigh?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Cardsnbead, Always a classic with the white cardboard boxes. Nothing wrong with them they serve a great purpose.

Tim, your just saying nice things to get something lol. Thank you as always.

Doug, the empty boxes weigh from 7 to 9 lbs a piece depends on the wood I use and how much I plane off for the thickness.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    Here is Box #5 made with a dark Walnut

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    These just keep getting better and better. Wow, just wow.
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    Lovin' the walnut!
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is some nice work and thanks for the tallboy love...
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭
    Looks awesome.

Appreciate today-

Bill

• Options
    Tecmo BoilTecmo Boil Posts: 259 ✭✭✭
    Impressive. Most impressive.
  • Options
    Well took a couple of weeks to make this logo that is going to be in-beded on a top of a box. Biggest pain in the ass was the bending of each piece of wood lol. Had to cut 6 thin slices on each side to be able to bend and make the border around the shield. With a Superman "S". I don't think it looks to bad for the first time doing something like this.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Man o man I LOVE how this is turning out! You definitely have a gift Mike! THANK YOU!!!
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    That is outstanding Mike - Might have to commission one of those myself! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    I commend you.... for fixing the title of this thread after 11 months image
  • Options
    Well this box, was by all means one of the more difficult boxes that I made, but here is the finish box Patrick. It holds exactly 90 cards in it which will be enough for the awesome superman set, including doubles or extra little trinkets.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

This box is absolutely amazing!!! WOW!!!! Can't wait to show it to my son!

• Options

Our box arrived today and I couldn't be any happier. The quality is top-notch and the pictures do not do it justice. I can't remember if I asked for blue on the inside, if not I'm very happy Mike went with this color because it is the same shade as Superman's outfit and really compliments the piece. He even rounded the edges so they wouldn't be sharp for my three year old son. Can't wait to see his face in the morning when he sees the new home for his graded Superman cards. Thank you again Mike!!

• Options

Amazing work. Are you currently taking orders? Please PM me. Thanks, Joe

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike,

That is some incredible work you did there. :+1::+1:

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

Mike ... AMAZING! A job well done. I think you are going to be getting some orders from this board!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

Thank you all for the comments, sorry I haven't been on here for a few days been extremely busy at work and in the shop. I have a couple more that's almost finished I will take pictures of. Thanks again and Patrick what did your son think?

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2016 4:22PM

I have been so busy at work haven't had to much time to do to much, so luckily this is a 4 day weekend for myself so time to catch up a little.
    This is the wood I am using for one of my next boxes. Some premium Koa, this stuff is gorgeous. It looks rough now but after the trimming, sanding and shaping the inner beauty of this wood will come out. The only problem is the really curly wood comes from old girth trees which is notorious for some rotten wood in some of the boards which you have to trim off.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

Just finished up with another Superman Box, What a pain lol. The top is a little thick due to I routed the shield shape in the top and placed the shield inside it.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

Not too often do I get to play with or even find some Premium Curly Koa. After Drum sanding, resawing, trimming and more sanding this is what the wood transformed into.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

Beautiful work, as always, Mike!

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow!!!! That is some beautiful stock right there. Can't wait to see this box.

Kevin

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is some great looking lumber. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Donato

Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options

Here is a box looking like a present that I just finished up with.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

Heres something a little different that I just finished up. It's a Koa Surfboard Challenge Coin Holder. Loving the grains of this wood.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options

You, my friend, have a gift.

• Options

Thank you Brian

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies