Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #2

123457»

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came across this very interesting and informative picture for those of you that are not sure what the "Reverse of '68" looks like.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came across this very interesting and informative picture for those of you that are not sure what the "Reverse of '68" looks like.

Paul, I don't know much about these varieties, but it looks like there is a difference in the letter thickness and detail in the torch flame. Is that it?
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Originally posted by: lablover

Paul, I don't know much about these varieties, but it looks like there is a difference in the letter thickness and detail in the torch flame. Is that it?

I'm not sure about the letter thickness, but the dead giveaway is the 2 deep groves in the flame on the reverse of the 1968 Roosie. The normal 1970-D has a somewhat flat flame.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy variety to spot.
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    The pic on the right, the top right edge of the fasces is sharp, on pic at the left the right edge is flat. Is that significant?
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    The reverse die for the 1968 was a better die then all the other reverse dies for 1969. I have seen 5 of the 7 1969 FB dimes graded. 4
    of those are from the reverse of 68 die. when you find a 1969 FB dime more times than not it will be the reverse of 68 variety.
  • Options
    This is a first.

Yep, the first all white Roosie I've bought. Guess I've lost my mind. LOL

Since I'm building a PCGS Registry Set, I thought it only right to integrate the set. Not the best image I've taken, but it will do until a TrueView is acquired.

1950-D PCGS MS67FB

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    That should plus.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Lablover,

There is nothing wrong with a non-toned naked, blast white dime. They can be quite attractive with the "Pinwheel" luster.

Your dime is fantastic.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    That should plus.

Perhaps, but there's a hidden tick in the upper band. Other than that it's very clean.
    Worth a shot anyway.

Lablover, There is nothing wrong with a non-toned naked, blast white dime. They can be quite attractive with the "Pinwheel" luster. Your dime is fantastic.

Have always wanted a non-toned Roosie, and took a chance on this one. Great luster as mentioned. Thanks!!!
  • Options
    Blast white Roosies void of spots with great Luster are fantastic. Looks like a plus in your future
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Nick, you are right as usual. Now you should relieve yourself of some of your great toned Roosies and replace them with superior brilliant coins. Don't worry, I'll bail you out on the toners. $$$??
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Someone, anyone got something to post? I'm having withdrawals.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: lablover
    Someone, anyone got something to post? I'm having withdrawals.

Okay, I have one for ya. Does anyone know of this "18yr old Y.N." at the bottom of the 1946-1964 FB Roosie set? He has a very good start to an incredible set.

Royal Roosies Collection

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I ran across this set last week. I don't know who owns it. This is a #2 set in the making. Maybe shooting for the #1 spot.

Take a look at the Emerald Coast Set too. Looks like a future battle brewing between Emerald and Royal for the #2 spot.

I'm happy to see a couple new collectors in the Roosie series
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im working on my first modern submission of coins. Mostly Roosevelt's, however a few quarters and halves are in the mix.

It should be a big boost to my registry set, as I don't like to buy already slabbed coins. I'm not a huge fan of Roosevelt's, even though that is what my grandfather started me on back in the 90's. We'll see how well I did at buying partial sets really cheap and breaking them up.

Ill post results in about 90 days when they grade.....
  • Options
    Jinx, what name and category is your registry set under
  • Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only Roosevelts I have are in this set.
    Linky

I would wager Ive sent in about 75% of the coins in this set so far. I have 15 or so dimes, no Roosevelts, at PCGS currently as part of a 50 submission and a 1893 Barber Dime in an NGC ms67 holder that I just sent in to cross at grade.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: AllCoinsRule
    How many unregistered sets do you think there are in quality in between Nick and Dr Brown's (ie between #1 and #2)? High Desert's of course. Any others known of? All those ms68s graded in recent years have to be somewhere? (Er unless they're all sitting in dealers' inventories priced too high and not selling).

I have an unlisted set I've been slowly working on for the past couple of years. I will list it when it is 100% and sitting in the top 5. That will be a fun day. image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I highly doubt any more than 1 that is complete.
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Roosie in my year set. FB designation is tough for this year in my opinion. Most 67FB are blast white.