Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #2

Comments

• Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Shameless bump so this string does not go to page 2....

How about a roosie picture or ten?
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice 1969-P there in 67!
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just went through this thread and did not see my "paltry" Roosevelts in my Type Set;

My apologies for not having good close ups of these (I am working on it);

1982 No P 10C PCGS MS66

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    Why is the 82 no P not FB. I've seen much worse in FB holders.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea...I may have to take another look at when I get to the house.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am looking for a Toned 1964 Proof Roosie if anyone can help.
    Toning like the following, or these exact coins or better would be great for me to consider.
    Toning like the 1961 posted in this thread would be FAN-FREAKY-TASTIC. image
    Any leads would be appreciated. imageimage
    NGC examples are fine etc...raw in Mint Packaging are okay...etc etc

This is the best I have seen:
    http://www.pcgs.com/cert/31339252

This is okay:
    http://www.pcgs.com/cert/30194562

This is a pretty good but lower in grade:
    http://www.pcgs.com/cert/26773543

I'm also looking for a 1964 Proof Quarter, kinda along the lines of this or better of course:
    http://www.pcgs.com/cert/31339253
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I recently acquired a couple of proof sets that had some color.
    These are the dimes from those sets.

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like both of those proofs quite a bit, keyman! image
  • Options

<< <i>I like both of those proofs quite a bit, keyman! image >>

Thank you. image
    Crossing my fingers that I will be able to locate a 1964 with enough patience.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went to the Chicago A.N.A. and hung out with Dimeman for a few minutes. Seen a couple of his Bust Dimes and was able to catch up for a while. Good to see him.

Went to Rich Ulrich's table and he had a nice selection of Roosevelts. I bought a nice 1949-D PCGS MS67FB and this 1946-S PCGS MS67+FB below which I believe is a S/S DDR & RPM FS-501:

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    This 1955S MS68 just showed up in coin facts. Anyone know who made It.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just crossed my NGC dime over, ex. NGC MS67*FT......just kidding. That dime is radioactive! Good luck in your search Nick!
  • Options

<< <i>This 1955S MS68 just showed up in coin facts. Anyone know who made It.

image >>

Impressive!
  • Options
    Lablover probably bought it in an ANACS 64 holder and upgraded it. He does stuff like that!

Seriously, a moose!
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    Bill, I was thinking of you when I saw this. It has rainbowroosie written all over it. I could see this dime in your set
  • Options
    Yes, that's a coin I would call a "rainbow roosie."
  • Options
    This 46S MS68FB was recently made too. It's for sale on GC right now. I have no idea who made it.

• Options
    I saw that on GC! Pretty coin.
  • Options

<< <i>This 1955S MS68 just showed up in coin facts. Anyone know who made It.

image >>

The color is amazing, but is it NT? I have my doubts.
  • Options
    I would say I'm 99% in the NT camp. I've seen a few with Pink and Green like this one and all of them graded out MS68.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That 55-S is one colorful Roosie!
  • Options

<< <i>I would say I'm 99% in the NT camp. I've seen a few with Pink and Green like this one and all of them graded out MS68. >>

OK, I will defer to your (and PCGS's) considerable expertise. I made the comment because I
    don't recall seeing some of those color transitions before on graded coins.
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that coin is unbelievable! I wouldn't mind a shot at it if anyone knows who owns it.
  • Options
    Two nice coins I have up at Great Collections Ending this Weekend.
    I started them at $1 as I have less than $10 + Grading into each of them.
    I figure it will be interesting to see what the MARKET PLACE says they are worth. image

1947-S/D Roosevelt Dime OMM FS-501 PCGS MS-66

1949-D Roosevelt Dime PCGS MS-67
  • Options
    This one has similar color as the 55S above. I would say 100% NT and a beautiful coin. It now resides
    in the rainbowroosie collection.

• Options
    Wow! imageimage
  • Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nick, a very Beautiful dime image
  • Options
    Well it has been over a month since anyone posted in this thread, so here are a couple of really nice Roosies I picked up at the local Rockford Coin Show. I believe I spent a total of about $11 for these 2 raw.

Both dimes are PCGS MS66FB's

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Paul,

I think you got your monies worth
  • Options

<< <i>Paul,

I think you got your monies worth >>

Nick,

The amount of Gems to be found raw sitting in 2x2's at local show is astounding. Even though they graded out at just a 6FB, these are super looking in hand. Again, I'm not really a fan of 1 sided toning, but this 52-D is really neat. I have logged in hrs sitting at tables over the years sifting through countless albums, and its not just dimes. Some dealers break mint sets open and usually have all denoms. for sale cheap. Most are picked through, but I get lucky once in a while.

The thrill of the hunt!

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Today a 1983-D PCGS MS67FB pop-(2/0) just hammered at $2,033.00 on eBay. I didn't see that price coming. image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Wow, I guess the registry competition is alive and well.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind if I add in this freshly graded (crossed) one for my son's set? We have slowed down a lot, but still trying to do the toned silver Roosie set that Onlyroosies got him so graciously started on....
    MS66FB

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Sorry.

I think I broke the thread with my roosie post.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    Originally posted by: Bochiman
    Sorry.

Dude, I think I broke it before you! I posted a couple of times and got 1 response if that.

Nice coin by the way.

So your son is how old? He is building a silver MS66FB set? Does it have to be toned? If not, I might be able to "Add" a coin...image

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I just had professional images made of over half my set. I wanted to share them here! Click on the slide show to view them....

Registry Roosevelt Set
  • Options
    david3142david3142 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing coins, Jason. I love that 47-S - the reverse must look tremendous in person. Who took the pictures?
  • Options
    Tom Bush. I think he did an excellent job. He will get the opportunity to image the rest in the future.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stooge

Sorry.

Dude, I think I broke it before you! I posted a couple of times and got 1 response if that.

Nice coin by the way.

So your son is how old? He is building a silver MS66FB set? Does it have to be toned? If not, I might be able to "Add" a coin...image

image Maybe it was the new forum software that broke things and neither of us image

Thanks Paul. Yes, he is trying to build a set with most around MS66FB as, for FB, that is probably the highest to go without getting too $$$$. Most are toned, not all are though.

He's 13 now and goes in and out, depending on what he has going on (studying, basketball, xbox, etc). I'm trying not to push him as interests change and I want him to continue to like the coins and not feel forced. He still does coins with me, though, so, although not spending as much time as he/we used to, he hasn't backed away completely, so that is good.

I started getting more into coins after he was born, so he and I could do something together as we both got older, so it is still enjoyable image

• Options
    Originally posted by: Stooge
    Sorry.

Nice coin by the way.

image Maybe it was the new forum software that broke things and neither of us image

Thanks Paul. Yes, he is trying to build a set with most around MS66FB as, for FB, that is probably the highest to go without getting too $$$$. Most are toned, not all are though.

He's 13 now and goes in and out, depending on what he has going on (studying, basketball, xbox, etc). I'm trying not to push him as interests change and I want him to continue to like the coins and not feel forced. He still does coins with me, though, so, although not spending as much time as he/we used to, he hasn't backed away completely, so that is good.

I started getting more into coins after he was born, so he and I could do something together as we both got older, so it is still enjoyable image
    If you give me his 411 in a PM, I can send him something. I also need to know what he is missing in his set, so I don't send dupes.

Thanks, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Nobody broke the thread. This new system in the blame. I for one don't handle technology change very well. On another note:

Looks like we finally had a true no reserve auction at Heritage for several high grade Roosies. A 1946S MS68FB hammered with
    juice at $1233. A 1951S MS68FB hammered with juice at $1762. The 46S didn't look to nice and I was still a bit surprised it went
    that high. I put a $900 number on it. The 51S is a nice coin and I put a number of $2200 on that one. I paid $3000 18 months ago
    for my 51S 68FB and IMHO the Heritage coin is nicer. Back in 2009 the JHF 51S 68FB sold for $6000 with juice. I think these 2
    coins are very similar. The trend for Roosies is still pointing down but is beginning to level off. If anyone is thinking of starting a high
    grade Roosie set now is a good time to start picking up a few of the nicer pieces that come around at current correct price levels.

Just my 10c worth and have fun with the hunt.....
    Onlyroosies
  • Options
    Nick,

Just so you know, Heritage had listed the 2010-D PCGS MS68FB pop (1/0) a few months back. I took a good long look at it and determined that it was indeed a Satin Finish specimen masquerading as a Business strike. I called Heritage and had it pulled. They had their experts look at it, and it since has been removed from the pop report.

So you think the prices are leveling out? Does this speak for just the silvers, or both the silvers and clads?

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Good work on the 2010-D Paul. There are a couple buyers for low pop (1-3) all there clad dimes. I don't see the pops for the early dates rising as dramatically as the silvers did. Most of the pop rise in the clads was a high end NGC set getting crossed over. Not so much up-grades or new coins being made like in the silvers. I still think the clads are a bit on the high side and could come down 20% from here.

The key is the coin has to be all there. The 51S 68FB that I referred to is a nice coin and the buyer got a good deal. I believe the 83D 67FB that recently sold on eBay was a super nice coin. The buyer had to pay up for it but probably now owns the better of the 2 graded. You can never go wrong owning the best of the best.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: OnlyRoosies
    Good work on the 2010-D Paul.
    Thanks Nick.

Originally posted by: OnlyRoosies
    I believe the 83D 67FB that recently sold on eBay was a super nice coin. The buyer had to pay up for it but probably now owns the better of the 2 graded. You can never go wrong owning the best of the best.
    The buyer of that coin is a very good friend of ours! He'll be thrilled I'm sure to hear your assessment.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    "You can never go wrong owning the best of the best."

Nick totally gets it... ??
  • Options
    Jaime said the 83D was a nice all there coin and that was good enough for me. With his assessment I would bet the coin will eventually

up-grade.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: onlyroosies
    Jaime said the 83D was a nice all there coin and that was good enough for me. With his assessment I would bet the coin will eventually
    up-grade.

IMHO, I think Clad Roosevelts are graded exceedingly harsh by PCGS. I believe that clad grades are still below what they could be. There are truly some insane clads sitting in MS68FB holders and not sure why PCGS doesn't give out the coveted MS69FB to some when the deserve it, but again that is JMHO.

Compared to Lincolns, there are countless specimens sitting in 69RD slabs. Same with quarters and halves of the same years (MS69). I also understand that there are 10x's the submitters of those denominations too, so what is up with the grades?

Later, Paul.