Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone up for some Roosie Talk? - Thread #2

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: AllCoinsRule
    By the way I got 67fb 05-p off ebay a few months ago but it was also clearly a satin finish coin. It was one of the original 6. Do you guys know if others of those 6 are satin finish? The pop is now 10 and I also have one of the 4 Tazmic got graded which is indeed a true business strike. I got that right after my own submission of about a dozen of them that all graded 66fb or 67 but no 67fb.

I can tell you without a shred of doubt that every single dime I subbed from 2005-2010 that are B.S. strikes are indeed that. I can give you cert #'s anytime you want. I believe I made 3-4 of those 2005-P MS67FB's.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    onlyroosiesonlyroosies Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭✭
    I just checked the pop report and someone just slabbed another 1970P MS66FB. I thought mine would

stay pop 1/0 forever
  • Options
    Originally posted by: onlyroosies
    I just checked the pop report and someone just slabbed another 1970P MS66FB. I thought mine would
    stay pop 1/0 forever

Well I never thought in a trillion years I would ever see a true 1970 MS67FB and I stand by that word. The fact that there are now 2 (MS66FB's) of these to me doesn't mean a lot. I still think it will not be slabbed.

Stranger things have been know to happen though.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I remember Paul when you said you never thought you would see a 1970 MS66FB. But I do agree that a 67FB will never be slabbed.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No pretty pictures in here for about a month! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    Originally posted by: keyman64
    No pretty pictures in here for about a month! image

Post 1 then...

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    None to post so I have to live through everyone else. image

Back in August I posted two.

All of mine are traveling to PCGS for TrueView or Grading + TrueView as I type.

I only have 4 of the 15 that I need for my Toned 1950-1964 Proof Set.

Edit: Here is one I wish I owned!

Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    rainbowroosierainbowroosie Posts: 4,874 ✭✭✭✭
    Keyman

The 61 is part of my set. Once I get over my laziness I am going to submit this set and a matching Washinton quarter proof set for regrade and TrueViews. It has taken 27 years to put these sets together so that I'm happy will all the coins. Good luck filling out your set. Only one bit of advice. When you see an unimprovable coin buy it even if it seems very expensive. You will never see it again if you pass on the best.
    "You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
    rainbowroosie April 1, 2003
  • Options
    Thanks. I had seen the old conversation between

you and lablover about this coin. I have seen the

matching quarter as well. Would love to have

that one too! image

It's a good journey that I'm on and I will do my best

but nothing really compares to those two coins.
  • Options
    It is tough for me to count sometimes. I actually have 5 Toned

Proof Roosevelts. I forgot about this one since I was so busy with

my submission. A forum member was kind enough to let this one

go and I think it's really cool. It's in a Secure Holder and already

has a True View. image

• Options
    Here is my latest pickup. I wasn't sure whether or not I actually wanted to pick up another 1946-S as I have 12 of them already in 66FB or higher. This date/MM seems to be wealthy in high grade colorfully toned gems. I have 2 that look just like this one already and think this has a shot at 66+FB.

I would love some opinions on grade...

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Nice collection of 46S dimes you have there Paul
  • Options
  • Options
    Not my kind of color. For some reason I just can't get excited over toned Proofs. I love Deep Cam silver Proofs and toned silver business strikes.
  • Options
    Love the color. The reverse is sensational.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen the matching quarter as well...

I still own the half dollar. The entire 61 proof set was a total monster. Here's the half dollar and the remaining coins in the set I once owned.

Note: it (half dollar) resides in a AT holder. Funny, PCGS slabbed all the 61's but the half dollar. Still working to see it in the non AT holder.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    Very Nice! Maybe in 20 years I will be lucky enough to own that dime, quarter and half! Wow. If you ever decide to part with the 1961 50c, please let me know and I might try to get it graded a couple of times.

• Options
    Wow. If you ever decide to part with the 1961 50c, please let me know and I might try to get it graded a couple of times.

Offers are always welcomed. But, let's take that to a PM so we don't screw things up here. But, here's a neat Proof Roosie I found to get us back on tract:

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    I sent a PM last night but the system bounced the message saying that your email address associated with your account here was bad.

Really cool 1990 dime!
  • Options
    I sent a PM last night but the system bounced the message saying that your email address associated with your account here was bad.

Believe I fixed the problem...
  • Options
    Hey Lablover & keyman64,

Like some on these boards, I don't care if you post other beautiful coins on this thread, especially if it pertains to a Roosevelt dime. Everything you posted were awesome to look at and that is the point of this forum.

Keep'em coming....

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Roosie guys,

You are all the best. Happy holidays!????

"You keep your 1804 dollar and 1822 half eagle -- give me rainbow roosies in MS68."
  • Options
    I haven't acquired any new Roosies as of late. Anyone here have anything new to share???

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    True Views from a pre-Thanksgiving submission, hopeful FUN acquisitions just days away, others in the mail to me this week hopefully... image
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked up a few the last few months, nothing as high grade as some of you.

• Options
    Pretty pictures!!! Great stuff Bob, I really like the 47-S, 58-D and 64-D. The smurfy 47-S is tops!
  • Options
    3 new silver MS68FB's were made over the last few weeks. 1 48D and 2 48S's. I opened my set to see my rating drop.

My 48S 68FB pop 1/0 is now a pop 3/0.

Nice coins Bob. I like that 52P.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: onlyroosies
    3 new silver MS68FB's were made over the last few weeks. 1 48D and 2 48S's. I opened my set to see my rating drop.
    My 48S 68FB pop 1/0 is now a pop 3/0.

Nice coins Bob. I like that 52P.
    Those are some really nice looking dimes Bob!

I'm surprised that not more than 3 MS68FB's exist for the 1948-S. It seems to be a somewhat common high grade date if I'm not mistaken.

BTW, can someone please post a picture of the 1953-S/S, it doesn't appear in my CPG book.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    NGC has a great Pic of the 53S/S. NGC 1953S/S This is actually my
    current PCGS coin. I crossed it from an NGC holder.

Onlyroosies
  • Options
    Dan50Dan50 Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭
    Lets see.. $1.5 billion = 15 billion Roosevelt dimes. Excuse me, I need to go buy some lottery tickets.
    Dan
  • Options
    I figured this thread could use a bump...

A few of these could stand to be "upgraded" in terms of toning and then I need 6 more.

PR67

PR67

PR67

PR67

PR67CA

PR66

PR67

PR67

PR66

• Options
    Love the 1954. How on earth did it get those crazy colors???

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Stooge

Love the 1954. How on earth did it get those crazy colors???

Thanks. Your guess is as good as mine. It's the only coin of mine that I have ever owned that

really called out to me to name it. In this case, "SWAMP POX" seemed appropriate. image

It's a pretty cool coin.

• Options
    Time for a bump after about a month and a half. image

Anyone else have anything to share?

I did a color upgrade for my 1955 that I posted above. It is also

a PR67 but does not have a TrueView yet. One day...

I have a forum member to thank for this special coin below. Thank You! image

PR67

• Options
    Stryker62Stryker62 Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Just had this Monster Rainbow Toned Roosie Grade at Dallas. 1950 PCGS 67 + FB Cert # 25606394 Sorry I dont know how to post a photo within the forum or I would have. Please if one of you forum gurus could please do so I would appreciate it. If anyone is interested in the coin also please let me know. While its not Top Pop I think you will all agree it has the nicest colors seen in this date.

Cheers
    Gusimage
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stryker62

Just had this Monster Rainbow Toned Roosie Grade at Dallas. 1950 PCGS 67 + FB Cert # 25606394 Sorry I dont know how to post a photo within the forum or I would have. Please if one of you forum gurus could please do so I would appreciate it. If anyone is interested in the coin also please let me know. While its not Top Pop I think you will all agree it has the nicest colors seen in this date.

Cheers

Gus

• Options
    I have a forum member to thank for this special coin below. Thank You!

What crazy forum member would do something like that? LOLimage
  • Options
    Stryker62,

Nice 50P!!! And, welcome to the forums...

Lablover
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of nice Roosies in the Stacks Bowers Baltimore sale, a few top pops and several with only 1 or a couple higher.

Nothing super-toned like the proof 1961 that Keyman64 posted about ten or so posts above this one.

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    Has anyone had any luck finding this DDO 1955-S or any other date/MM?

Any news as to whether or not it will be in the next CPG?

Any other Roosie news?

imageimage

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I' haven't been looking to hard for it. I'd pay $100 - $200 for a nice MS example.
  • Options
    I noticed on eBay that 2 different 1996-W PCGS MS68FB Roosies in a 7 day auction sold recently for $69.00 & $86.90.

I recall for a very short period of time these topped out at around $1,100-$1,200.

Times have changed...

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: Stooge

I noticed on eBay that 2 different 1996-W PCGS MS68FB Roosies in a 7 day auction sold recently for $69.00 & $86.90.

I recall for a very short period of time these topped out at around $1,100-$1,200.

Times have changed...

Wow. That's an amazing difference. It's not FB maybe why the price difference?

• Options
    There are over 200 1996W dimes graded MS68FB. I would put no more than a $45 value on the coin.
  • Options
    MrDMrD Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭
    Rainbowroosie asked if I would post his newest additions without grades so here they are:

• Options
    Thanks Mr D. The 60 is very tough with nice color. The 46S is proof like and hard to image. I asked Dick not to show the grades because they will upgrade...then I'll post them....??
  • Options
    The above got me thinking about which early silver dates are most difficult to find in gem condition (67 and above) with really nice color. My list in order of the top 5 most difficult to find is:

1962d
    1963d

You can find these later dates with pretty color, but marks are a problem. The 53 is a unique case, mint sets abound, but the P mint invariably toned blue. Albums also never seemed to tone the 53 with rainbow colors. Although 53d and 53 S toned great, the 53p did not. I'm pretty sure album position and mint rinse caused this, but would like to hear any different theory. Strangely, finding 46 and 50 coins is easy despite no mint sets. This was caused by their placement in typical albums.

PS. Craig, I know you think blue is rainbow but it ain't.??
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great additions!!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Thats a great pair of little monsters. Good luck on the upgrade