Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eleanor Roosevelt 2014 First spouse Uncirculated Gold Sold out in 6 months. final sales # 1886, New

Comments

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I would expect more Bess Trumans to appear later this year. Something similar happened with the Buchanan Liberty first spouse coin in 2010, current inventory was exhausted before the end of the year and as a consequence more were struck. >>

Ebay pricing now has them at $2.5k proof and $2k unc.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would expect more Bess Trumans to appear later this year. Something similar happened with the Buchanan Liberty first spouse coin in 2010, current inventory was exhausted before the end of the year and as a consequence more were struck. >>

Ebay pricing now has them at $2.5k proof and $2k unc. >>

Those are 70's and there are no buyers at that price yet. A proof 69 is up for $799.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    Letter from US Mint yesterday --

This letter is in response to your recent correspondence to the United States Mint.

The Bess Truman 2015 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Coins have not yet met their mintage limits and should still be available for purchase until those limits are met. Unfortunately, at this time, there is no information as to when inventory will be made available. You can utilize the "Remind Me" button on the product description page to be alerted when orders will begin to be accepted once again. Please feel free to contact us with any other questions or concerns you may have, and we apologize for any inconvenience.
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll b back.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    Also the Truman and Eisenhower First Spouse Medal Sets are not available. Hopefully they will be back. I haven't bought mine yet to complete my set. They made small quantities of the 2014s,
  • Options
    They will be back.
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Marketing 101.

Create a sense of urgency.

Bargain hunting 101 - wait until the hype is over - pick up the soon to be bargains at pennies on the dollar.
  • Options
    Another interesting development. The 3rd 2015 spouse gold coin is just out of stock. Yes, the tide has turned!
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Another interesting development. The 3rd 2015 spouse gold coin is just out of stock. Yes, the tide has turned! >>

3rd is kennedy and not on sale yet

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Another interesting development. The 3rd 2015 spouse gold coin is just out of stock. Yes, the tide has turned! >>

3rd is kennedy and not on sale yet >>

The 4th 2015 first spouse gold coin (proof Mamie) will be out of stock very soon, in days or maybe hours.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The 4th 2015 first spouse gold coin (proof Mamie) will be out of stock very soon, in days or maybe hours. >>

56 coins remain, looks like proof Mamie will be gone in the next few hours. All 2015 spouse coins will be out of stock.....
  • Options
    Looks like new marketing style is out by the Mint. Sellout restock sellout restock....................

Wow whats in store for the Jackie Kennedy Coin ? Sellout of 2,000 BU and 5,000 Proof in 10 minutes? Then the
    backorder/ unavailable game?

Currently there are 14 Mamie Proofs left ( until restock ). Are they creating an aura of scarcity? I think it's going to
    work for them. Just wait until the HSN prices go into the thousands.
  • Options
    all gone.

Now all 2015 spouse gold coins are out of stock, look forward to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis coins. out of stock in the first 45 minutes?
  • Options
    Wow that was fast. Tryed to go get a proof - looks like they've gone ** POOF**.

Unless it's just my phone messing up.
  • Options
    36 - Florence Harding Proofs

62 -Grace Coolidge Proofs

And the 2014's showing as low stock continue their slow disappearing act. Maybe by years end they will be gone?
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What an absurd way to market your coins. Run them for two or three weeks, stop and offer them again later in the year? And, in the meantime, newbies possibly pay double or triple to buy a coin hoping the Mint forgets to produce more (and would anyone be too surprised if that even happened?) And, when the Mint does remember, those buyers have a coin worth Mint issue price they possibly paid double for?

And, this suggests "new demand" in the spouse series? Am I missing something?

As always, just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin

Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The 4th 2015 first spouse gold coin (proof Mamie) will be out of stock very soon, in days or maybe hours. >>

56 coins remain, looks like proof Mamie will be gone in the next few hours. All 2015 spouse coins will be out of stock..... >>

for the record, I consider the first issue to be both the proof and uncirculated truman, the second to be the pr & ms eisenhower, etc.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>What an absurd way to market your coins. Run them for two or three weeks, stop and offer them again later in the year? And, in the meantime, newbies possibly pay double or triple to buy a coin hoping the Mint forgets to produce more (and would anyone be too surprised if that even happened?) And, when the Mint does remember, those buyers have a coin worth Mint issue price they possibly paid double for?

And, this suggests "new demand" in the spouse series? Am I missing something?

As always, just my 2 cents. >>

Well, I think it is foolish for people to pile into these issues like they are in an attempt to buy a sell out when these are 2015 coins and can be minted until Dec 31, 2015

• Options

<< <i>all gone.

Now all 2015 spouse gold coins are out of stock, look forward to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis coins. out of stock in the first 45 minutes? >>

This is amazing. Usually wait for MCM to get them in stock and I grab a pair for my set. Learned my lesson in 2012 when they started putting out 70s for under $100 over mint price. Guess I just got egg on my face with the sellout of Maime.

Mitch I hope you are right with a return of a set image

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    Eisenhower 69s on sale at MCM

If paying by check its only $15 over mint price.

They have less than 10 left of each.

Edit: MS sold out.

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the same thing happened with the burnished 2008 platinum eagles. I picked up a $25 coin on the second go around, when prices were lower.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    US Mint update on the status of all out of stock 2015 spouse gold coins

""The expected in-stock date is Sat Aug 01 2015.""

Will this new development motivate people to buy the remaining 2014 FS gold coins?
  • Options

<< <i>US Mint update on the status of all out of stock 2015 spouse gold coins

Will this new development motivate people to buy the remaining 2014 FS gold coins? >>

And like the march of dimes set, that estimate is overly conservative and the should be back in sooner than that

And even sooner as the flippers realize the mint really can mint them for all of 2015 and they return their hasty purchases.

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>US Mint update on the status of all out of stock 2015 spouse gold coins

Will this new development motivate people to buy the remaining 2014 FS gold coins? >>

And will the early sellout of existing stock motivate the Mint to strike a bunch more of the 2015's, and leave them on sale indefinitely like the still-available 2013's?

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Eisenhower proof is avail at the mint now. Must be some returns....

• Options
    Buying to chase the key is getting very expensive and speculative. If that's the only one that one is after it will be cheaper and less hassle to just buy the key once its known.
  • Options

<< <i>Buying to chase the key is getting very expensive and speculative. If that's the only one that one is after will be cheaper and less hassle to just buy the key once its known. >>

This would seem to be the best strategy to grab the key. Buying Coins that are about to go out of stock can be too much like
    hanging out in Vegas.

Well the 2 - 2014 Proof issues that are about to disappear are continuing their slow decent. Once these are gone, they are gone
    forever. Unlike the 2015 issues, the minting process for the 2014's is over.

Florence Harding Proofs remaining - 30

Grace Coolidge Proofs remaining. - 57

• Options
    Even the semi-keys will have likely have very low, under 2k for uncs and 2,500 for proofs, mintages. I don't think you can go wrong buying a current spouse coin raw directly from the mint, assuming you don't get a problem coin. And for such a small-produced coin, even within a type quality runs the gambit. Reddish streaky toning anyone?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    Mamie Eisenhower 2015 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Uncirculated Coin

Now 2nd batch available at US Mint

• Options

<< <i>Mamie Eisenhower 2015 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Uncirculated Coin

Now 2nd batch available at US Mint >>

all Truman and eisenhower are back on sale

Only the ms eisenhower is in stock and I added 99 to my bag no problem

Speculators?

• Options
    what a strange turn of events...

• Options
    I wonder how many people got slammed buying these at highly inflated prices thinking that they were done.
  • Options

<< <i>what a strange turn of events... >>

what do you mean?

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OperationButter... You saved some money not taking the 5:1 odds that they were through. image.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>OperationButter... You saved some money not taking the 5:1 odds that they were through. image.

Wondercoin >>

Yes I did. Cheers image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>what a strange turn of events... >>

what do you mean? >>

Trumans and Eisenhower both go dark with 1500/1k made (1500 less than 2014 run). Ebay prices spike to $2k or as high as $2500 on proofs. Mint says they will be back in August yesterday and now you can add 99 to cart today. Thats strange to me, thats all.

• Options
    As per my earlier posts, I never for a second thought that they were done. Just no way. U r most fortunate that u saved your $.
  • Options

<< <i>As per my earlier posts, I never for a second thought that they were done. Just no way. U r most fortunate that u saved your $. >>

no way id buy at inflated prices.

Mitch was referring to the 5:1 odds he would give me if we wanted to bet on it. I told him I always take the underdog but we didnt bet. Good thing or id be sending Mitch a check image

• Options
    ah.

the only strange part is the spike on ebay.

and the first strike window is still open for eisenhower

the speculative buys were foolish, as mentioned.

• Options
    Concerning 2014's, as of this morning:

Proofs:
    Coolidge - 55 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage at 2402; 25 over Roosevelt)
    Harding - 30 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage ~2426; 49 over Roosevelt)
    Hoover – No mint data point; as of 5/13 mint sales, 242 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low

Unc:
    Coolidge: No mint data point; as of 5/13 mint sales, 288 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low
    Harding: No mint data point; as of 5/13 mint sales, 273 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low
    Hoover: No mint data point; as of 5/13 mint sales, 315 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mint says they will be back in August yesterday and now you can add 99 to cart today. Thats strange to me, thats all.

I think the Mint does that August date as a placeholder. They did the same thing to me with the March of Dimes Set and now they've already shipped it.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>As per my earlier posts, I never for a second thought that they were done. Just no way. U r most fortunate that u saved your $. >>

no way id buy at inflated prices.

Mitch was referring to the 5:1 odds he would give me if we wanted to bet on it. I told him I always take the underdog but we didnt bet. Good thing or id be sending Mitch a check image >>

Got it. Likely wise to not bet against Mitch on moderns image
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mint is now in the biz of flippin the flippers!

Who woulda thought??!

If it wasn't for the ever evolving modern threads, I would be bored here.
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    I don't recall Ike being married to an orangutan. That Mamie portrait is cartoonishly awful. image
  • Options
    Concerning 2014's, as of this morning:

Proofs:
    Coolidge - 49 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage at 2403; 26 over Roosevelt)
    Harding - 23 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage ~2426; 49 over Roosevelt)
    Hoover – No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 224 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low

Unc:
    Coolidge: No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 278 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low
    Harding: No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 273 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low
    Hoover: No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 32 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low

• Options
    Has the Mint just stopped selling these 2013 FS coins? Taft will be the next.

Ida McKinley Proof (2013) 2,806
    Ida McKinley Unc (2013) 2,018
    Edith Roosevelt Unc (2013) 2,077
  • Options

<< <i>Has the Mint just stopped selling these 2013 FS coins? Taft will be the next.

Ida McKinley Proof (2013) 2,806
    Ida McKinley Unc (2013) 2,018
    Edith Roosevelt Unc (2013) 2,077 >>

Good observation. Looks like they were not left on the site as out of stock and they have just been removed. Interesting.

• Options
    Edith Roosevelt Proof is now MIA on the mint website. Last sales number provided was 2890

• Options
    Note to the unknown madman at the US Mint Headquarters.....

I'm no longer shocked or surprised by your actions. Please go ahead with the extremely limited reverse proof Jackie
    FS gold issue. Go ahead and back door the entire 100 coin mintage to your TV Coin Show buddie. He will make money
    you will make money. Nothing else matters

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file