Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Eleanor Roosevelt 2014 First spouse Uncirculated Gold Sold out in 6 months. final sales # 1886, New

Comments

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Note to the unknown madman at the US Mint Headquarters.....

I'm no longer shocked or surprised by your actions. Please go ahead with the extremely limited reverse proof Jackie
    FS gold issue. Go ahead and back door the entire 100 coin mintage to your TV Coin Show buddie. He will make money
    you will make money. Nothing else matters >>

they are expecting an increase of sale for her.

they are upping the mintage limit from 10k to 30k for her (coinnews)

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    thats great news for spouse collectors.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    U.S. Mint explains depletion of inventory of 2014-W Eleanor Roosevelt First Spouse gold

Sales reach 4,262 out of 10,000 authorized

http://www.coinworld.com/news/mint-inventory-of-eleanor-roosevelt-first-spouse-gold-coins-depl.html#
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

I'd like a good explantion why there were so few of the Pan-Pac $50 Slugs made. Can I get one? I missed out on those,
    never mind I wasn't born yet. I just would like to get one near issue price.

Its all so unfair. image
  • Options
    Concerning 2014's, as of this evening:

Proofs:
    Coolidge - 46 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage at ~2405; 28 over Roosevelt)
    Harding - 18 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage ~2429; 52 over Roosevelt)
    Hoover – No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 219 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low

Unc:
    Coolidge: No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 275 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low
    Harding: No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 269 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low
    Hoover: No mint data point; as of 5/27 mint sales, 302 until Roosevelt is confirmed new low

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>U.S. Mint explains depletion of inventory of 2014-W Eleanor Roosevelt First Spouse gold

http://www.coinworld.com/news/mint-inventory-of-eleanor-roosevelt-first-spouse-gold-coins-depl.html# >>

"Each design in 2014 was produced to a number based on historic demand trend lines as well as forecasted demand. Unless sales and demand supports producing the maximum mintage, the actual number of coins struck is lower."

So the forecasted demand for Eleanor Roosevelt was less than the forecasted demand for, say, the well-known and ever-popular Grace Coolidge?

At least this year's forecasters have figured out that Jackie Kennedy will outsell Mamie Eisenhower.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the forecasted demand for Eleanor Roosevelt was less than the forecasted demand for, say, the well-known and ever-popular Grace Coolidge?

Kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>U.S. Mint explains depletion of inventory of 2014-W Eleanor Roosevelt First Spouse gold

http://www.coinworld.com/news/mint-inventory-of-eleanor-roosevelt-first-spouse-gold-coins-depl.html# >>

Linky :-)
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Concerning 2014's, as of this evening:

Proofs:
    Coolidge - 42 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage at ~2405; 28 over Roosevelt)
    Harding - 15 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage ~2429; 52 over Roosevelt) >>

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Concerning 2014's, as of this evening:

Proofs:
    Coolidge - 42 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage at ~2405; 28 over Roosevelt)
    Harding - 15 remaining to be sold at the mint (would put mintage ~2429; 52 over Roosevelt) >>

>>

• Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were so many returns across the board last week it basically erased a month's worth of sales.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    test
  • Options
    test
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>There were so many returns across the board last week it basically erased a month's worth of sales. >>

Newb speculation

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indubitably Ms. Morrisine, indubitably..
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm digging the gold spouse series. It's them Susan B. Anthony dollars that drove me to drink. image
  • Options
    We're rounding the horn to 2016.. How long will the 2013s be around?
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    kiyote,
    Not returns, just the mint finally synching up their report with the XLS spreadsheet which had been askew for a couple months.
  • Options
    ** Eleanor Proof is no longer the Key! **

In fact, it's possible that Eleanor Roosevelt could wind up being the *highest* mintage proof First Spouse of 2014!

Based on the latest figures, the proof Grace Coolidge will sell out at 2322. That's 2,276 sold and ~46 remaining as of last Tuesday.

55 fewer than Eleanor.

Meanwhile, Florence Harding looks to be approximately tied with Eleanor, and no estimate yet on Lou Hoover.

• Options

<< <i>** Eleanor Proof is no longer the Key! **

In fact, it's possible that Eleanor Roosevelt could wind up being the *highest* mintage proof First Spouse of 2014!

Based on the latest figures, the proof Grace Coolidge will sell out at 2322. That's 2,276 sold and ~46 remaining as of last Tuesday.

55 fewer than Eleanor.

Meanwhile, Florence Harding looks to be approximately tied with Eleanor, and no estimate yet on Lou Hoover. >>

Down to 38 remaining.. Wow that's low for proof gold. That's lower than most uncirculated coins!
  • Options
    Wouldn't surprise me to see Lady Bird sell 500 BU's and 800 Proofs.

• Options

<< <i>Wouldn't surprise me to see Lady Bird sell 500 BU's and 800 Proofs.

image >>

Mint made two limited first runs on both 2015s but prompty made a second strike with a pretty quick turn around. Some think Jackie is going to go for the full 30k mintage limit. Following those three, Johnson sales will seem weak, and it really will depend if the mint sticks to their first run size of Truman/Eisenhower or if they do one full run as they have in the past. With how quick the first two sold out temporarily, and the strong sales for Jackie, the mint is inclined to think that the sales cycle for the spouses is turning positive and the market can support a higher initial production run.

If history repeats itself... my guess is that they will do one larger run for Johnson and let the sales languish for 18 months.

• Options
    There's 8 Proof Hardings left and 35 proof Coolidges left. Both designs look really good in proof. The reverses, any. Very art-deco.
  • Options

<< <i>There's 8 Proof Hardings left and 35 proof Coolidges left. Both designs look really good in proof. The reverses, any. Very art-deco. >>

There are still four proof Hardings left at the Mint site. Wow, that's four sold in the last ten days! Can't believe how popular these are. image

Looks like final proof mintage will be about 50 higher than Eleanor. Currently selling at about half the price.

• Options
    Based on the Mint's sales report through June 28, it now appears that the Florence Harding proof will have a final total of 2,368. This is nine fewer than Eleanor Roosevelt.

Grace Coolidge will come in even lower, at around 2,320.

Current prices reflect Eleanor's popularity, not mintages.

• Options
    something funky is going on with the mint sales reports for these spouses.

• Options
    There's one last proof Harding available to whoever wants to take her home..
  • Options

<< <i>something funky is going on with the mint sales reports for these spouses. >>

This is a joke. The mint is either doing this on purpose (maybe to move out some of their coins by making them a 1 week scarcity hah) or they simply have hired morons. Im not sure which...

Coolidge Proof Sales Reported Since June 7th Report.

Date Sales # Change to Prior Week

7-Jun 2276 -83
    14-Jun 2368 92
    21-Jun 2372 4
    28-Jun 2287 -85
    5-Jul 2391 104

• Options

I could have swore there were 10 Grace Coolidge Proofs left , a few days ago. Now there are 15.

Returns. Come on and buy someone elses rejects.
  • Options
    There were. I accounted for 2 of those "returns". I cancelled before they left Memphis.

• Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    It seems once the first strike Time limit runs out no one wants to buy anymore. image
  • Options

<< <i>It seems once the first strike Time limit runs out no one wants to buy anymore. image >>

True. And with the price of gold continuing to slide, some buyers may be holding out for lower prices from the Mint.

• Options

Grace Coolidge 2014 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coin last 1 left
    Lou Hoover proof will be the next

non sequitur?
    To the free man, the country is the collection of individuals who compose it, not something over and above them. -M. Friedman
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    When are they going to pull the 2013 Spouses ? image
  • Options

<< <i>Grace Coolidge 2014 First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Proof Coin last 1 left
    Lou Hoover proof will be the next >>

Meanwhile the remaining 2014 uncircs are stuck in the 1600's. Any one of them could eclipse the Eleanor Roosevelt and become the lowest mintage U.S. coin of the 21st century.

• Options
    Yeah yeah new low. Then Lady Bird flies under the radar and trumps em all.

Who was LB anyway? Yeah LBJ's wife I get it. But who was she? How does anyone follow Jackie K?
  • Options
    Strong sale numbers for all remaining 2014 uncirculated spouse coins this past week. Expect to sell out in the next few months.
    2015 spouse number also looks strong. The tide has turned.
  • Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neo, where do you get this info?

Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>Neo, where do you get this info?

Thanks! >>

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/cumulativeSalesStatistics/
  • Options
  • Options
    One of the big boys knows something we don't...

• Options

<< <i>500 Lou Hoover Proof sold last week?

http://www.usmint.gov/about_the_mint/cumulativeSalesStatistics/ >>

My guess is that it's a misprint, maybe intended to be 2,241 instead of 2,741. The other three 2014 proofs sold out with final mintages around 2,400 each.

Edited to add: There are still at least 99 Lou Hoover proofs available for sale from the Mint.

• Options
    Some of the numbers in the Mint's weekly sales reports are all over the map. The 2014 Florence Harding proof was reported at 2,429 on July 12, dropped to 2,372 on July 26, and suddenly jumped back to 2,429 last week despite having been sold out for several weeks. It could be that the sales figures are being compiled from multiple sources that haven't been reconciled with each other yet.

• Options
    First week sale number comparison

Mamie Eisenhower First Spouse Gold 1,035 proof, 587 uncirculated total 1,622 pieces.

Bess Truman, 1,155 proof and 758 uncirculated coins Total 1,913 pieces.

Lady Bird Johnson Proof 1287 Uncirculated 933 Total 2220 pieces

Yes, the tide has turned.
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure the tide has turned as much as folks simply can not rely anymore upon the Mint selling in week 2 what they are offering in week 1.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>I am not sure the tide has turned as much as folks simply can not rely anymore upon the Mint selling in week 2 what they are offering in week 1.

Just my 2 cents.

Wondercoin >>

Good point. I noticed that Mint put the limited label on both coins later last week. Assuming that this limited label is at least partially informative, do it means that only a few hundreds coins are left after the first week?
  • Options

<< <i>Good point. I noticed that Mint put the limited label on both coins later last week. Assuming that this limited label is at least partially informative, do it means that only a few hundreds coins are left after the first week? >>

If it does, my money will be on the remaining MS 2014's will for sure be the low mintage queen.

• Options

<< <i> my money will be on the remaining MS 2014's will for sure be the low mintage queen. >>

Lowest mintage but not highest price. The Eleanor Roosevelt proof is bringing about 30% more than the lower mintage uncirculated, because most of the actual collector demand is for proofs.

• Options
    She could still be unseated by Hoover Proof.

• Options

<< <i>Some of the numbers in the Mint's weekly sales reports are all over the map. The 2014 Florence Harding proof was reported at 2,429 on July 12, dropped to 2,372 on July 26, and suddenly jumped back to 2,429 last week despite having been sold out for several weeks. It could be that the sales figures are being compiled from multiple sources that haven't been reconciled with each other yet. >>

Well, a new weekly report and the Florence Harding proof has dropped back from 2,429 to 2,371.

Meanwhile, the Lou Hoover proof, which added 548 sales to its total last week, lost nearly all of it back this week. Net sales for the two-week period: 11.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file