Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

******** SECRET SANTA 2014 ********* ALL OF THE PRESENTS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED!!!!! ***************

Comments

• vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Just back from Eve festivities got kids down and finishing touches complete.

It's officially Christmas Day on the West Coast.

With the children all nestled all snug in their beds
    Visions if what's in the box, danced in my head.

I tore open the paper, ripped open the box
    And what was inside just knocked my socks off

A real nice Marino, centered and all
    It'll fit nicely, I'm having a ball

And a nice clean pack, vintage 78
    Which I promise tomorrow, will meet it's fate

I'll post the results and share with you here
    Thanks Secret Santa and Happy New Year!

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

image >>

I don't even collect hockey, but that is one helluva gift!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    As of right now there was one person who did not receive their gift, TheMick6. Hopefully I'll hear from his Secret Santa soon with a tracking number.

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • There's a lot of great stuff here, but my favorites so far are the 10's of Yaz, bourque, Bruschi and brady.
  • CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Update.

Since I've had such a great response to my offer, If it's ok with my Secret Santa, I'm
    going ahead with spreading the Joy!

The Packers, Browns/Colts & Jevon Kearse cards are all heading to happy homes.

Any Jets fans out there? The Chansi Stuckey card is still available to a good home.

Hope everyone has a Great Day!

Craig
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭
    Secret Santa sent me this really nice Ron Santo. Thanks

[URL=http://s1012.photobucket.com/user/BenG76_2010/media/PSA/20141225_090159_zpsayfxqhfo.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I am totally blown away by my secret santa gift...my santa had to have known that nolan ryan is my favorite player of all time, and read my references to his legendary fight with robin ventura in 1993 in last years secret santa thread...this is what i found when i opened my gift:
    [URL=http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/pjb103183/media/null_zps6d33b0c2.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Santa hit a home run with this gift! Thank you so much!!!! This is getting framed and finding a spot in my home where it will forever stay! Merry Christmas everyone!
  • Everything looks great so far! Love that Ron Santo 61.
  • DtyDty Posts: 310 ✭✭
    Merry Christmas Gang!

Thank you to My Secret Santa. I am looking to put together a high grade 1978 Topps Baseball set, thus I received:

1978 Topps Sandy Alomar #533 PSA 9
    1978 Topps Tom Seaver #450 PSA 9

and an unopened 1978 Topps Baseball pack that is calling my name to be opened over the next week.

Thank you once again. And to all a blessed Christmas and Happy-Healthy New Year!

Tyler

dty
    Link to my eBay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/halftimecardsandcollectibles/

Unopened Boxes, Packs, Cards, and Tickets

Just send me a PM or email me for discount off eBay pricing. Thanks
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WOW! What a great present I received from my Secret Santa. I decided that I wanted to work on my '64 Stand Up Set in PSA mid grade (4,5,6). I now have 49 of the 77 cards thanks to my Secret Santa.

All three of these cards present VERY WELL for the grade. The colors on them are outstanding ... look even better in hand!

First up, the boy who went from graduating High School to playing in the Major Leagues the next month at age 18. He never played in a minor league game:

Next up, the man who was called "the scariest hitter in baseball" by pitcher Bob Gibson, an assessment with which Reggie Jackson concurred.

Lastly, the man known as "The Human Vacuum Cleaner".

As if that wasn't enough, knowing that this guy was my hero growing up, my Secret Santa gave me these two cards as well:

Once again, my Secret Santa hit it out of the park! Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy your gift(s) as much as I am enjoying mine!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭
    My santa went above and beyond again this year. I got a mother load of wax and I'm not if santa knew it or not but they were "hot" packs. I got 2 1978 FB a 81 rack pack with Largent on the back, an 86 FB 2 84 FB, 82 fb, 81 bk 78 bk and 77 bk. I ripped the 81 rack.. No montana but the Largent was perfectly centered. Opened 1 of the 84 and got a Ricky jackson rc. Got an lt rookie in the 82 pack. Struck out on the 86 pack but hit a Dorset rc in the first 78 pack!! I kept the other one sealed along with the basketball packs and one of the 84 packs. I also got a bunch of cool RC from late 80s early 90s. Amazing gifts and tons of fun ripping the packs. I'll post some scans of the hits later in the week.
    Thanks again and Merry Christmas
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • My secret santa sent me a great package filled with some high grade Griffey's and a nice 2nd year Steve Young. Thank you very much for the generous gift.

[URL=http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/craftsandcards/media/aa_zps893ab595.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    My Santa was great! I have a run of 1980's football packs and a box of 1989 pro set. I am going to try and video the opening of the packs later tonight.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My Santa was great! I have a run of 1980's football packs and a box of 1989 pro set. I am going to try and video the opening of the packs later tonight. >>

You hold the camera and video Sheila doing the rip. We would rather look at her hands than yours anyway.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    Received 3 psa 64 topps giants I needed for my set including frank Robinson , very nice, maybe I'll move that set forward to competition now.

Thank you

Merry Christmas
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I would like to see if I have a few things that would fit in Mick6's collection. Can you PM me his information?

Perhaps we can get him something he could really enjoy.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    All cards claimed!

Matt (natetrook) I have you down for the Packers auto card.

Everyone else is getting their teams or requested card.

Hope everyone is having a Very Merry Christmas!

I will get these in the mail on Friday.
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"

<< <i>I would like to see if I have a few things that would fit in Mick6's collection. Can you PM me his information?
    Perhaps we can get him something he could really enjoy. >>

+1. If for some reason Mick's Secret Santa gift does not arrive, maybe you can post the info here on the main thread. Hopefully it's just a Post Office mix up and the gift arrives back at the sender's or Mick's shortly.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I would like to see if I have a few things that would fit in Mick6's collection. Can you PM me his information?
    Perhaps we can get him something he could really enjoy. >>

+1. If for some reason Mick's Secret Santa gift does not arrive, maybe you can post the info here on the main thread. Hopefully it's just a Post Office mix up and the gift arrives back at the sender's or Mick's shortly. >>

+2

Let me know the info as well and I will see what I have/can get for Mick6
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Opened up my gift...i've been on a kick lately opening up 2000s topps football chrome. Santa sent me a 2000 topps chrome box. No big rookies pulled, but had fun pulling a couple of cool unitas refractors, and a good mix of subset cards and stars.

Thanks!!!!

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/santa141_zpse3c5bc50.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/santa142_zpse797f667.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/santa143_zps087d7f0f.jpg.html]image[/URL]
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    test
  • yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    Whew! Finally in from a day of holiday fun with the families. Just now getting a chance to show off the haul that my Secret Santa sent. I received three cards to go towards my 1953 Topps graded set in PSA 5 or better, some cool Thurman Munson cards I didn't have like the 3-D Super Stars and the disc, some sweet B Mac game used cards and some really cool assorted other Yankees cards. I love them all! Thanks so much Santa!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • mrmint23mrmint23 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Secret Santa..you absolutely nailed it. thank you again and merry Christmas.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Santa Jim (vintagefun) paid me a visit and hit the ball on the screws. Sensational gifts, even better friend. Without further ado:

Was confronted with not one, not two, but three packages.

#1 - I dabble in golf cards, and Eldrick's UD RC will make a smooth transition into my collection. Absolutely love this shot -- vintage Tiger.

#2 - I fancy 79 & 80 T FB, and that's putting it mildly. Santa fed the beast.

I have already eviscerated the former. Didn't strike oil, but there are never any misses whenever I'm able to mangle a 79er. Beautiful cards with edges and corners that could slice a carrot. Oh, and the 80 wax rack? Currently on death row.

#3 - Months ago I conveyed to Jim that I have an affinity for Clemente. This bad boy indicates that he didn't forget.

Immeasurable generosity, Santa J.

Merci beaucoup!!

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

• maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to my Secret Santa as he provided some very cool Greg Maddux items and some nice additions to my registry sets. The highlight was the 1989 Topps autographed card that has been authenticated through PSA/DNA. I have quietly been compiling a run of Greg Maddux autos from the big three companies from 1987 through 1993 and this is a great addition. A nice note was included with it and the autograph itself is from early in his playing career.

• Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    What a great gift! Thank you secret Santa....you made my day image

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a kick out of spotting a card among this thread that I had originally subbed and later sold, and had fun wondering how its travels led it here image

• << <i>I got a kick out of spotting a card among this thread that I had originally subbed and later sold, and had fun wondering how its travels led it here image >>

Saw that with me last year. Good to see it going to a place that wanted the card and the generous person who gave it to their person. Looking back I wish I hadnt gotten rid of it lol. Oh well it's good someone now can enjoy it
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • I'm loving seeing what people got!
    Show us what you got guys ... still waiting for about 15 guys to show us their gifts. It's a lot of fun seeing what others received.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Thanks to my CUSS. The 1970 Kellogg's cards were just the right ones I needed to help with my set. They will soon be off for grading.

James
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to my Secret Santa I was able to take another step in completing my major collecting goal of collecting the 1991 Topps Desert Shield set in PSA 9 or 10. A handful of great looking cards and cards that I was looking to get! Can't wait until next year. Happy New Year to all!!!

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Aaron,

Congratulations on those pick ups. It won't be long and you'll have that set completed. Just working on upgrading mine at this point; as well as working on a couple of other oddball sets.

James
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 931 ✭✭✭
    My scanner isn't in tune with my laptop, here's what I got. Reminded me much of my early subs:

1981 Fleer Nolan Ryan PSA 8
    1985 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 9
    1986 Topps Nolan Ryan PSA 7
    1989 Fleer Ken Griffey Jr PSA 7
    1989 Donruss Ken Griffey Jr PSA 7
    1989 Bowman Ken Griffey Jr PSA 9

A 1985 Donruss rack, a 1989 Topps Rack with Nolan Ryan in the center and a McGwire AS card on the right, and a handful of raw 80's star cards.

Thanks Santa.
  • abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Aaron,

Congratulations on those pick ups. It won't be long and you'll have that set completed. Just working on upgrading mine at this point; as well as working on a couple of other oddball sets.

James >>

Thanks for the words of encouragement and again congratulations on finishing your set in PSA 9. This is a fun set to collect and a lot of very good people on the set registry that help each other out.

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Can't seem to get my photobucket to work...

HUGE THANKS to my Santa!!!! I got two packages. Package 1 was full of all sorts of 1980's unopened wax and racks. What a wonderful box to open up. My kids and I had a ton of fun.

The second package was three autographed Bob Feller pieces authenticated from BBCE. HUGE THANKS again to my Santa for being so awesome!
  • Chris, feller is a hell of a class act, and is one of the greats, even among other HOFers. When your photobucket cooperates I would LOVE to see the feller autos!
    I got some great packs of 1980's football from my secret Santa. I videoed the rips of some of the packs. Please enjoy the rippage.

1980 Topps

1982 Topps

1983 Topps

1986 Topps

1981 Topps

1984 Topps

Here are the rest of the packs. Was stoked I got some Packer Fleer cards and the Payton Fleer was a huge hit for me. Some others you will see look real solid.

My Secret Santa hit it perfect for me. I spent a great deal of time opening slowly and talking to my family about each pack and players I used to open up as a kid. My daughter chewed up almost all of the gum. Just sick. Thanks again.
    Great videos!
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    My secret Santa allowed me the opportunity to open a pack with a chance for a Wayne Gretzky rookie! I've never opened a pack of 1979 Topps hockey so it was fun to open something completely new. Sadly I didn't get any cards better than a Dan Buldoc rookie.

Thanks!

-Nathanael

<< <i>Hi all,
    My secret Santa allowed me the opportunity to open a pack with a chance for a Wayne Gretzky rookie! I've never opened a pack of 1979 Topps hockey so it was fun to open something completely new. Sadly I didn't get any cards better than a Dan Buldoc rookie.

Thanks!

-Nathanael
    >>

Man I haven't opened one of those since the good 'ol BBCE Group Rips, when 79's were plentiful and around $60/pack.

Despite never finding a Gretzky, the rush is always worth the money (for me)!

Great job SS!
  • 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I was able to take my eBay gift card and swap at the local card show for these Durants.

Thanks Santa!

** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
    Nice stuff guys....keep the photos comin!
  • jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Nice work by all! I see some great stuff here.
    I really enjoyed making the videos. I am sure you all can attest to the that by my excitement when pulling some of the stars.
    wow the loose gum really did a number on that 79 pack during transit....great example of why psa needs to create a better holder for packs!
  • Nice group of cards of the Durantula!
  • FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> wow the loose gum really did a number on that 79 pack during transit....great example of why psa needs to create a better holder for packs! >>

It certainly made my decision to rip it even easier than it usually is! I like getting a gift that I wouldn't usually buy for myself (older expensive wax) but love the experience of opening.

-Nathanael
  • ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Finally sitting down after a busy holiday weekend and it was great seeing what people got! Amazing stuff. My Santa hit a Home run as well. I received three wrapped packages!
    1)1985 Donruss Highlights Ozzie Guillen PSA 9
    2)1986 Topps Tiffany Ozzie Guillen PSA 9
    3) 1990 Classic WWF Jake The Snake Roberts PSA/DNA Blue Flip!

Awesome gifts Santa! I took my son to last nights WWE holiday tour at the All State Arena ans it was nice to show him the Jake Roberts and tell him about the good old days!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards