Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

******** SECRET SANTA 2014 ********* ALL OF THE PRESENTS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED!!!!! ***************

Last year was a great success! Here is a link to the 2013 Secret Santa imageLINK!

Let's have a ANOTHER great Secret Santa exchange this year!

Secret Santa Guidelines:

Each Secret Santa will send a gift valued at $25 or greater to their assigned “Secret Santa”. Please wrap your gift in seasonal wrapping paper and add the words “CU Secret Santa” to the outside of your package. All gifts should be mailed no later than December 10th to ensure timely delivery for the holidays. Please do not open your gift prior to December 24th. Participation deadline is November 17th.

This is open to all CU members who have had at least 50 posts OR have been here more than 6 months OR have already participated in a group rip/sub/Secret Santa.

If you would like to “give and receive” sports related items this holiday season, please PM the following information:

User Name
Real Name
Mailing Address
E-mail Address
Phone Number (optional)
Sports related items you’re able to Give
Sports related items you’d like to Receive

An important note: you need to be willing to go out and get the items on your person's "want list". This is a time of giving. If you're questioning the value of the lot you're sending then you're doing it wrong. Send enough to make yourself, your recipient and all the other members feel how special this time of year is! Just an example, last year, gift values ranged from $25 to $250 (with an average around $50).

The following people have sent me their Secret Santa info:

1. JHS5120 image - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
2. yankeesman - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
3. MULLINS5 – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
4. Crazylegs - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
5. pjb103183 – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
6. Guru – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
7. EchoCanyon – confirmed – shipped - RECEIVED
8. Baez578 - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
9. Dialj – confirmed - shipped
10. Sabrgeek – confirmed – shipped - RECEIVED
11. Orioles - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
12. EAsports - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
13. Dboneesq – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
14. FavreFan1971 - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
15. baseballfan - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
16. totallyradd – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
17. jlzinck – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
18. vintagefun – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
19. galaxy27 – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
20. flcardtrader – confirmed – shipped - RECEIVED
21. coachnip13 – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
22. epislash - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
23. TheMick6 - confirmed - shipped
24. Maddux69 - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
25. abcoltsfan - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
26. cpettimd – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
27. ROCKDJRW - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
28. mrmint23 - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
29. shu4040 – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
30. BenG76 – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
31. dty – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
32. jeffcbay -confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
33. frozencaribou - confirmed - shipped
34. sportscardshop – confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
35. charrigan – confirmed - shipped
36. 1980scollector - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
37. goraiders - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED
38. eagles33 - confirmed - shipped - RECEIVED

AN UPDATED SCHEDULE:

Deadline to confirm your participation with me: 8:00 PM EST Monday, November 17th
Email with your Secret Santa information from me: Tuesday, November 18th
MAIL OUT YOUR PRESENTS BY: Wednesday, December 10th
My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    Awesome. I didn't participate last year but wish I had. I'll be doing it this year for sure. I'll send the pm when I get home to see what I have to offer. This should be fun. I have a few good things I hope others will appreciate.

Pete
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • Options
    CrazylegsCrazylegs Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking this on again.

All I had to do was copy and paste from last year.

Merry Christmas!
    Happy Hanukkah! (Chanukah)
    Festive Kwanzaa!

In the Holiday Spirit and I still have Halloween candy!
    Craig AKA "Crazylegs"
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Jason ... looking forward to another Secret Santa. It's a lot of fun to see what everyone gives/receives.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    pm sent...last year was a great success and im looking forward to doing it again!
  • Options
    PM sent. Last year was awesome and I would expect nothing less of this year. Thanks for doing this!
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    In, like Doug Flynn
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. I look forward to this every year! Thanks again for setting it up Jason!
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    PM Sent
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    In. PM on way. Finding a gift was as much fun as opening one.

Thanks for taking charge!
    Jim
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    PM Sent. Looking forward to this as always

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    In.

Agree with Jim - in past years, I've had more fun finding stuff to give than receiving.

I think part of that fun is looking for stuff that's outside of what I normally look for.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    *bump to stay on front page.
  • Options

<< <i>In.

Agree with Jim - in past years, I've had more fun finding stuff to give than receiving.

I think part of that fun is looking for stuff that's outside of what I normally look for. >>

Add another vote for that. Last year was my first time and the shopping was the best part.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I have updated the list to include everyone who has sent me their information. We were able to get 40 participants last year, let's try to shoot for more!

Jason
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to it
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looking forward to it >>

Good. I have a bubble mailer full of pennies to send you.
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Looking forward to it >>

Good. I have a bubble mailer full of pennies to send you. >>

You are on my list Seeman.
  • Options
    I'd like to participate this year. Sign me up!
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm in PM sent, best part of the year in my opinion, especially seeing all the picture.

thanks for putting this together.

Fred

Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    In. Last year I really enjoyed shopping for cards I wouldn't normally collect for myself. Thanks for setting this up!
  • Options
    yankeesmanyankeesman Posts: 945 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>In.

I think part of that fun is looking for stuff that's outside of what I normally look for. >>

Add another vote for that. Last year was my first time and the shopping was the best part. >>

+1 for this. I ended up shopping for hockey stuff last year and had a blast. The Sherlock Holmes part of seeing what the other person really is interested in and then looking for those items is most of the fun for me. I am always wanting to try and knock the receiver's socks off. That's the mentality to go into it with if you've never done it before.
    Don Mattingly, Yogi Berra, Thurman Munson, Brian McCann and Topps Rookie Cup autograph collector
    www.questfortherookiecup.com
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    In again. This is always fun
  • Options
    Updated for PM's received. Remember! You need to PM me the information requested in the OP to be entered into the Secret Santa.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in PM sent, best part of the year in my opinion, especially seeing all the picture.
    >>

I'd argue that if you agree to participate, you should agree to post pictures of your haul.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Updated for last nights PMs.

I added "confirmed" to everyone who has sent me the required information to join. If there is no "confirmed" next to your name, you NEED to PM me.

Lastly, photos are not required but are strongly suggested!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In & up. If anyone reading this thread is riding the fence, I highly recommend throwing your hat into the ring. Treat it as an extension of your own family Christmas; focus on your recipient and everything else is gravy. The true fun is morphing yourself into a bloodhound for the next few weeks, then getting after it.

Thanks to Jason for getting this party started once again!
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me in! This is a highlight for the year and shows a true sense of community on the CU board.
  • Options
    JHS5120,

Could you pm so I can respond for some reason I can't send a pm using my cell phone here. Thanks
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Bump
  • Options
    abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    Please count me in for the Secret Santa this year. It has been a lot of fun in years past and would like to do it again. Thanks and PM sent!

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in!

-Nathanael
  • Options
    Still plenty of time to join!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    In! A great holiday tradition!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    Everyone has been added from the weekend!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    if Doug is playing--I am playing...

• Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    if Doug is playing--I am playing
  • Options
    BUMP!!
    My eBay Store =)

• Options

<< <i>if Doug is playing--I am playing... >>

Manny is so excited that I was in ... he had to post it twice! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Double post ... damn Internet!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    Last year we had 40 participants and everyone had a blast, let's get a few more before we close registration.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    BenG76BenG76 Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭
    Count me in. PM sent
  • Options
    Updated for yesterday's PMs
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've sent my info but don't see my name on the list. I can resend my info if you need me to.

THanks,

Nathanael
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    IN, PM Sent, thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>I've sent my info but don't see my name on the list. I can resend my info if you need me to.

THanks,

Nathanael >>

Sorry! I must've missed it. You've been added
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    I pm'd my info as well a little while ago. Just making sure you received it. Thank you

Pete
    .Looking for ANY National Bank notes of Skaneateles, NY
  • Options
    I am in!
  • Options
    Everyone who has PMed me has been updated.

I have published the unofficial Secret Santa schedule.
    My eBay Store =)

• Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I am in. My little boys and I still mess with cards some. They got to go to the National this year.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In & up. If anyone reading this thread is riding the fence, I highly recommend throwing your hat into the ring. Treat it as an extension of your own family Christmas; focus on your recipient and everything else is gravy. The true fun is morphing yourself into a bloodhound for the next few weeks, then getting after it.

Thanks to Jason for getting this party started once again! >>

That's because you had a cool secret Santa.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **