Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2015 US Marshals Service 225th Anniversary Commemoratives

Comments

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When I looked this am the Mint site said "OOS" (not backordered) for the PF dollar..obviously changed since then..just means that they sold the ones that were packaged and will put more together. They didn't sell 500k in a day

Edited to add: "in stock date Feb 3rd" >>

Now OOS again image
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    Waiting on my 5 3 piece sets to ship still shows processing
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our 3 piece sets show shipped, got the confirmation email this morning in fact... however apparently that is all that's being shipped. No dollars or halves (yet).

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Gold proofs......OUT OF STOCK >>

...and soon will be backorder....and then the next 85k will be shipped

As we have all learned "out of stock" does NOT equate to "sold out" by any means

p.s you can order them now >>

Not anymore...back and forth...OOS/ backordered/OOS/Backordered/OOS...
  • Options
    OOS/backordered/OOS/etc. one day sale were unimpressive and many to go before limits are hit. You really think these are done?
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    The 3 piece sets are not doing bad on ebay... selling anywhere from $600 to $700
  • Options

<< <i>You really think these are done? >>

500,000 limit

just under 35k sold on day one...

I will go out on a limb and say these have a LONG way to go before they reach max.....a LONG way

The same with the individual gold

Way too high a max for me....I do like the silver design though.
  • Options
    Everything always sell high at first. Even if the mint offers no more sets I am certain all 3 will be available once the mint stocks back up. Who needs the set to have them graded? I am one of the few here that have always stated the preference for OGP. All of a sudden OGP is hot. It's laughable.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 3 piece sets are not doing bad on ebay... selling anywhere from $600 to $700 >>

If history is any indicator, that won't last for more than a few months.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 617 ✭✭✭
    OOS, to bad, I would have bought some. Saves me money.

• Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    Not my coin, listed on BST, ebay offering, looks like mechanical doubling the reverse, the eagle breast shield on the reverse is, well, a showstopper for me.

edit - the claw is impressive, not sure what the rectangular object on reverse tail is.

edit - oh, it's the E in e pluribus Unum.

Pass.

imageimage

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OOS/backordered/OOS/etc. one day sale were unimpressive and many to go before limits are hit. You really think these are done? >>

This is the mint's new way of controlling order cancellations. You can only order when product is ready for shipment. Order goes right into
    processing for shipment and card charged. No chance to cancel. When product not ready it is set to out of stock to stop ordering. This helps
    defeat ordering, watching trends then cancelling orders.

Just my guess at what is happening. You never know for sure with the mint.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a cool coin but I will buy it when some one needs the cash at a discount there will be many to go around. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numbers are out from the Mint. This is for the first 4 days of sale...

SR7...2015 MARSHALS 3-COIN SET.........9,676

SR1...2015 MARSHALS GOLD PROOF.......4,066 ......SR2...2015 MARSHALS GOLD UNC.......3,957

SR3...2015 MARSHALS SILVER PROOF...33,599 ......SR4...2015 MARSHALS SILVER UNC...14,789

SR5...2015 MARSHALS CLAD PROOF.....22,462 ......SR6...2015 MARSHALS CLAD UNC......11,846

So, I'm not in any hurry about buying the gold coins, yet...
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I will only buy if the mintage stays below 5500 for the gold MS which I doubt. I am done with collecting the gold commemoratives for now.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mint's postal tracking system is the worst. I recieved an email on Friday that my order had been shipped. To day the tracking is not on the system. My wife claims it's because they get a tracking number but then put the package on a pallet and don't mail it for days. Who knows? I all know that you have your credit card hit and then you wonder what is going on.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    With over 80k of the gold and 440k of the silver left to be sold these will be around for a very long time....

Check back in a few months and see if the mintage remains low and then decide whether to buy....
  • Options
    Is that 30 day first strike clock ticking?
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any info on special labels?

GrandAm image

OK, I called:

Special 1st Strike Label with Marshals Badge & Flag = Grading Fee + $25

Regular Flag 1st Strike Label $18 + Grading Fee

No info on label numbers yet.
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    It would be cool to see PCGS do a special First Strike label for the 3 coin set, all encapsulated in one holder, being only 15,000 minted.
  • Options
    EagleguyEagleguy Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordered the 3-piece proof set in the first half hour of sale and received it a few minutes ago. Took me longer to open the dang box than to order the coins. A+ to the Mint this time around. The coins look nice and the gold proof is beautiful. Wanted to get the uncircs also but the money was needed elsewhere.

JH
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Ordered the 3-piece proof set in the first half hour of sale and received it a few minutes ago. Took me longer to open the dang box than to order the coins. A+ to the Mint this time around. The coins look nice and the gold proof is beautiful. Wanted to get the uncircs also but the money was needed elsewhere.

JH >>

Ordered mine later in the day, marked shipped Friday but tracking number just said label printed when I checked it on Saturday.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a debate among dealers at the Long Beach show whether the NGC 1st day of issue or the PCGS Long Beach show label would be better to have. The consensus was the NGC 1st day of issue was the one to get, since you had to send them in on Thursday only. They are showing up on eBay now from Florida sellers at pretty good mark-ups. The PCGS Long Beach label was available for three days, and it will have less meaning to buyers after awhile, however, you were able to get them back at the show if you were an early submitter.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    We now have 3 piece, dollars and halves in hand but I'm now confused as to what's sold out and what's not. The Mint website now shows 3 piece sets "on backorder" when they were previously shown as "out of stock". Same with proof silver dollars. The half dollars now show out of stock. Does anyone else have a clue what the heck is going on?

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    It's not done until it says SOLD OUT. Out of stock is not the same. You didn't think they were done selling is just a couple days, did you?

Maybe NGC FIRST DAY OF ISSUE will be more scarce but it's still NGC. Doesn't matter if there are 10 times more PCGS if there are 11 times more buyers.
  • Options
    It was my understanding that the 3 piece sets were all spoken for first day. That's why I was confused when it said "on backorder".

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We now have 3 piece, dollars and halves in hand but I'm now confused as to what's sold out and what's not. The Mint website now shows 3 piece sets "on backorder" when they were previously shown as "out of stock". Same with proof silver dollars. The half dollars now show out of stock. Does anyone else have a clue what the heck is going on? >>

There was a link to the Mint site in an earlier thread which defined these terms. Don't have time to find it now. Only " Sold Out" is sold out. These will all b back in stock.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>We now have 3 piece, dollars and halves in hand but I'm now confused as to what's sold out and what's not. The Mint website now shows 3 piece sets "on backorder" when they were previously shown as "out of stock". Same with proof silver dollars. The half dollars now show out of stock. Does anyone else have a clue what the heck is going on? >>

It has been mentioned in MANY threads that "out of stock" means that it presently is out of stock. Backorder means that is available for ordering and will soon be available for shipping.

NEITHER means sold out....

Also mentioned was the fact that there are 440,000 silver $1 left to be sold along with around 80,000 gold. The sets have around 5000 packages left of the same coins.

...and all three are now available for ordering as they are backordered again . The gold will soon also be on backorder status and will be available for ordering
  • Options
    Take a minute to read the earlier posts in this thread. You will see sales figures listed as well as insights

to the out of stock / backorder method of controlling cancellations.

edited to say: BigA, you beat me to it !!image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Looking on Mint website at the Marshals coins, some listed as OOS and some Backordered but all are marked "limited" - ?
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭
    It's that new and improved US Mint website promised a few years ago in action.

OOS, In Stock, OOS, backordered, OOS, In Stock, OOS, backordered, OOS, In Stock, OOS, backordered, OOS, In Stock, OOS, backordered, etc., etc., etc...
  • Options
    This is the mint's new way of controlling order cancellations. You can only order when product is ready for shipment. Order goes right into
    processing for shipment and card charged. No chance to cancel. When product is not ready to be shipped it is set to out of stock to stop ordering. This helps
    defeat ordering, watching trends then cancelling orders.

Just my guess at what is happening. You never know for sure with the mint. image
  • Options
    Did find this on the website, but still not sure about the orange "limited" status top left hand corner of product -

What do Back Order, Out of Stock, and Sold Out mean?
    Back Order: When products are in “Back Order” status, this means that the product is available for sale, however there is no inventory in stock and a future ship date is displayed on our website. Products in this status can still be ordered online or through the Customer Contact Center.

Out Of Stock: Products in “Out of Stock” status with no “Remind Me” button are not available for sale. If product becomes available through additional production or cancelled orders, the product will be made available for purchase again.

Out of Stock with “Remind Me” button: When products are in an “Out of Stock” status with a “Remind Me” button, there is no inventory currently available, but additional inventory is likely. Products in this status cannot be ordered, but by clicking the “Remind Me” button you can request to be reminded by email when product becomes available.

Sold Out: Products in “Sold Out” status are no longer in stock in our warehouses and are no longer available for sale. Products in this status will be removed from the website shortly after they have sold out.

So, gathering that if there is a Remind Me button, as all of the OOS seem to have, there will be plenty more to come, maybe? image
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be time for a new spinning wheel.........image
  • Options

<< <i>Might be time for a new spinning wheel.........image >>

It will have to be one that keeps spinning and spinning and spinning image
  • Options
    You could always call customer service.

PRESS 1 TO TALK TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

PRESS 2 TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS JUST ENOUGH TO MAKE YOU WISH YOU NEVER CALLED

PRESS 3 TO HEAR THESE CHOICES AGAIN

• Options
    That's funny
  • Options

<< <i> This is the mint's new way of controlling order cancellations >>

...and creates a bunch more returns of unwanted coins that would have been cancelled ahead of shipping...

Re: "limited" ...any coin with a mintage limit would obviously be listed as "limited"
  • Options
    << ...and creates a bunch more returns of unwanted coins that would have been cancelled ahead of shipping...>>

The mint is playing the odds that far fewer people would order & return compared to order and cancel.

The number of orders and returns would most likely be a fraction of the number of orders and cancellations.
    I would think twice or three times about going thru ordering something I would likely return, however I
    would not hesitate to cancel an order I placed on speculation.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i> This is the mint's new way of controlling order cancellations >>

...and creates a bunch more returns of unwanted coins that would have been cancelled ahead of shipping...

Re: "limited" ...any coin with a mintage limit would obviously be listed as "limited" >>

The mintage limits are listed with each product, obviously, but the orange "limited" triangle in the left corner of some products on the website does not seem to reflect either the mintage limits, the product limits or household limits as far as can tell, ie Kennedy and first spouse have mintage limits but not sceaming "limited" in orange. All the Marshal products show it. Probably just means there is no way they will make this many:

Mintage Limits:

$5 Gold Proof Coin – 100,000
    Proof Silver Dollar – 500,000
    Proof Clad Half-Dollar – 750,000
  • Options

<< <i>. Probably just means there is no way they will make this many: >>

I would say that they will make as many as they have orders for....and, yes, that will probably be below the stated limit if the interest in the product wanes
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just received my uncirc and it looks, after first examination, like an MS70....very nice coin....will have to look closer under 10X...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    U.S. Marshals Service 225th Anniversary 2015 $5 Gold Proof Coin

"Back Order:
    The expected in-stock date is Tue May 05 2015."

This is the Mint's smart arsed response to OOS image

(l8-)>>

• Options
    MAY????

Over 75,000 left to sell and they won't be available for 3 months???

HAS to be a misprint....

I should add OOS has been removed from all options....available to order again with all backordered except the Unc gold which looks ready to ship now
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    Nahhh that may date shows up in shopping cart and order processing page, I ordered
    Expecting they'll become available before then.

(l8-)>>

• Options
  • Options
    I guess "July 4th" is on there 'cuz they will still be for sale then...image

No clue why "panic" is there though
  • Options
    Populations are posted. I checked a couple through cert. Verification. Can one of you guys that know how to copy and paste the pop. page do that for us. Thanks
  • Options
    Error, double post
  • Options

<< <i>I guess "July 4th" is on there 'cuz they will still be for sale then...image

No clue why "panic" is there though >>

There was some panic when some thought the 3 pc. set sold out in 1 day...image......$600+ ebay sales.

There's some panic now about the FIRST STRIKE dates....image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file