Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2015 US Marshals Service 225th Anniversary Commemoratives

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Last week a proof $5 OGP @$400 shipped went unsold on eBay. That was worth hitting but no one did.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got lucky on eBay a couple of weeks ago and won a PCGS MS69 1st Strike US Marshall's Long Beach Label $5 gold for $407.55 shipped. image

I have received the coin and it is in pristine condition.

That was less than issue price as I recall.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 3-coin sets were down to less than 1500 available at last week's mint report. The Tues update is not showing yet, but that is only good thru the past Sunday. Anybody have the latest mint report?

I would have guessed a sellout before now, but my bet is they are GONE besides a few stragglers.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I got lucky on eBay a couple of weeks ago and won a PCGS MS69 1st Strike US Marshall's Long Beach Label $5 gold for $407.55 shipped. image

I have received the coin and it is in pristine condition.

That was less than issue price as I recall.

GrandAm image >>

Seller cannot be too happy....congrats to you, GRANDAM.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sales numbers are out
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Bloop
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    Now the 3 piece Proof Set is out of stock but the U.S. Marshals Service 225th Anniversary 2015 $5 Gold Proof Coin is back in stock.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
    Picked up an In the box 1st strike eligible Proof $5.00 Marshal's on ebay tonight for $375.80 after the 10% ebay bucks. Anyone else pick up a deal? There were some LB NGC 70's for $489.95.
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options

<< <i>Pops report on the $5 gold.............

Aren't these really low numbers, modern followers???? >>

As of today....March 5, 2015

Looks like the Long Beach variety has settled.
    Now, let's see how the regular First Strike pops proceed.....numbers doubled for the proof gold.

• Options
    Got my 48 dollar PCGS PR69 First Strike Dollar today and it's one of those that you can't tell why it's not a 70 ( I had a proof 70 and sold it). I also bought a raw from MCM and had to return it, looked like someone walked across it with golf shoes. Moral of the story is that there are very nice coins in 69 holders if you don't need to see 70 printed on the insert.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also have seen some coins in 69 holders that looked as good as any 70 I have seen.
    Unfortunately I have also seen too many coins in a 70 slab that should be a 69 or less.
    The Mint is not the only business that needs much improvement in the quality control area.
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options

<< <i>I also have seen some coins in 69 holders that looked as good as any 70 I have seen.
    Unfortunately I have also seen too many coins in a 70 slab that should be a 69 or less.
    The Mint is not the only business that needs much improvement in the quality control area. >>

+1
    Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

• Options
    Check out Phil's TrueView of the proof $5 Gold.

Not mine
  • Options
    Looks like there were some cancellations or returns of the 3 coin sets. Per the Mint's website updated sales of 14,648. Also back on sale at a lower price, $454.30.
  • Options
    This thread is corrupted. image
  • Options

<< <i>This thread is corrupted. image >>

How so?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This thread is corrupted. image >>

How so? >>

Every time someone posted, it was never displayed.

Now I'm seeing several posts I didn't see before.

Looks like it's OK now.
  • Options
    Goldbully,

Had this problem on my big gold Kennedy thread. First go to your customize section and change number of posts per page to 100.
    It is great for long threads as there are 100 posts loaded for each page which makes it easier to look back at previous posts with
    less pages to load. Still when you get to the last page you need to go to the (http// ) display in your browser and the last numbers are the page number

EX: http//forums.collectors.com/*****************13 change the 3 to a 4 for the next page then refresh and it will take you to the missing page.

it seams when the problem happens it takes three to five new posts before the page appears on its own again.

Hattrick

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
  • Options
    I've got my eye on that.

As of the last mint stats release, they had 352 left to go.

It's any day now.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Pops report on the $5 gold.............

Aren't these really low numbers, modern followers???? >>

As of today....March 5, 2015

Looks like the Long Beach variety has settled.
    Now, let's see how the regular First Strike pops proceed.....numbers doubled for the proof gold. >>

As of March 14, 2015......

Numbers are still very low for a popular modern commemorative issue.....IMHO.

• Options
    Low for now, however it's early in terms of PCGS population reporting. Notice the 160% increase in 70's between the
    first two reports and a 250% increase in FS70 between the first and third reports.. A couple more large increases and the pops won't be that small.
    As always seems to be the case, do not get suckered in by the early reported pops by PCGS as they will almost always increase dramatically after the first 30 days.
  • Options

<< <i>Low for now, however it's early in terms of PCGS population reporting. Notice the 160% increase in 70's between the
    first two reports and a 250% increase in FS70 between the first and third reports.. A couple more large increases and the pops won't be that small.
    As always seems to be the case, do not get suckered in by the early reported pops by PCGS as they will almost always increase dramatically after the first 30 days. >>

Wasn't there a hold up in $5 gold shipments from the Mint?

That tells me that there will be a smaller percentage of First Strike candidates.

The next 30 days will be very telling.
  • Options
    We can always hope to score something special, however there is almost always enough bulk orders out the door
    within the "time freeze" mailing period of PCGS' first strike period that a true rarity is a "true rarity"
    It always seems that PCGS first strikes seem to come out of the woodwork later on when populations are low.
  • Options
    the 3-coin set shows an amazing 14,763

vs. 14,648 last week (+115, 2 or 3 weeks left?)

I guess some of the flippers haven't learned and the unsold ebay items are going back as fast as they are being unsold?

• Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    There are some Long Beach 70 labels selling for a fortune on da bay.
    I guess that's a highly desirable pedigree image
  • Options

<< <i>We can always hope to score something special, however there is almost always enough bulk orders out the door
    within the "time freeze" mailing period of PCGS' first strike period that a true rarity is a "true rarity"
    It always seems that PCGS first strikes seem to come out of the woodwork later on when populations are low. >>

That's from collectors holding unopened first strike eligible coins from the mint.

• Options
    As of March 14, 2015......

Numbers are still very low for a popular modern commemorative issue.....IMHO. >>

As of March 22, 2015......8 long days later...............

Did somebody say the Pops will be flying shortly????

These #'s are low folks!!

Even though I have a lowly PR69DCAM $5.....I'm holding to her tightly. image

• Options
    << Did somebody say the Pops will be flying shortly???? >>

Not exactly. Just said it has happened many times in the past and is a possibility. The low numbers will get
    more submittals of sealed boxes in hopes of getting a PF70 ER. How many is anybody's guess. I do not think
    it will be a lot this time, however the totals will increase some.

Look at the pop for the $1 proofs which are also very low now.
  • Options

<< <i>As of March 14, 2015......

Numbers are still very low for a popular modern commemorative issue.....IMHO. >>

As of March 22, 2015......8 long days later...............

Did somebody say the Pops will be flying shortly????

These #'s are low folks!!

Even though I have a lowly PR69DCAM $5.....I'm holding to her tightly. image >>

As of March 27, 2015....................................

Still not seeing the explosion in the pops!

Must be a lot of unopened boxes(First Strike candidates) out there!! image

• Options
    Goldbully,

My comments were directed to moderns in general not your coin.
    I also said in many cases not all and not yours. Example is the NGC PF70 $1 silver U S Marshall. This week it jumped
    by 69% from 155 to 262 after only changing by 1 or 2 for weeks. Even the PCGS $1 Marshal went up by 25% this week.
    WE will see where it goes from here. MY point is that it " can happen " with any coin at any time, not that it " will happen " every time.
  • Options
    A lot also depends on the popularity of the coin as well as pm prices in the case of gold moderns.
    I remember someone posting when the 2013 Reverse Proof Buffalo came out that populations were in the low 100's
    and that there would not be many available. I posted wait a couple of weeks and all of the sudden the pop's started
    climbing by the thousands. PCGS went to 4,000 + FS 70's and around 1,000 regular 70's. The NGC's were over 6,000.

Just saying it can and does happen. Numbers can be deceiving during the first 4 to 6 weeks.

As far as the Gold Marshall is concerned, with selling prices at $ 450 to $ 550 there is little profit or incentive to submit
    for flipping so this will hold down pop's. Gold commems are far from being a hot item on the market.

I do like the looks of some of the gold commems and have a couple just to collect and look at for myself. I am not worried about the population
    and don't care if it is 10 or 10,000. Don't expect them to ever sell for more or even what I paid for them unless the price of gold really takes off.
  • Options
    CoinMaster1229CoinMaster1229 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    Any new sales numbers from the mint yet this week?
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,926 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check out Phil's TrueView of the proof $5 Gold.

Not mine >>

Congrats to Phil! That eagle looks like it's ready to fly off the coin!
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Any new sales numbers from the mint yet this week? >>

Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

scroll down

US Mint sales report 6/11/2015
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    CoinHuskerCoinHusker Posts: 5,030 ✭✭✭
    Thank you
    Collecting coins, medals and currency featuring "The Sower"
  • Options

I keep looking at coinupdate.com but no updates for the last month or so.
    anyone know a good site for sales numbers?
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭
    I still have a $5 gold 69 I'm trying to break even onimage
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep looking at coinupdate.com but no updates for the last month or so.

Go to the very bottom of the Mint's webpage and click on "Production & Sales". It's not very functional, but you'll figure it out from there.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>I keep looking at coinupdate.com but no updates for the last month or so.

Go to the very bottom of the Mint's webpage and click on "Production & Sales". It's not very functional, but you'll figure it out from there. >>

Thanks!
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having been to Fort Smith several times doing work for Rheem/Ruud, this is very cool... image

Wal-Mart to sell marshals coin If I was in Fort Smith, I might actually buy one...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file