Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Official Bo Jackson Thread

12346»

Comments

• Great info Dytch- I've been a "lurker" on this thread, but I appreciate the info you share here
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Thank you Fabfrank. I love the hobby and sharing what I find with other good people.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • vols1vols1 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭
    I bought these prototype coins the other day.

• CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    What makes it a prototype? Looks like the same coin that came in the 1991 figure package.

Lee

<< <i>What makes it a prototype? Looks like the same coin that came in the 1991 figure package.

Lee >>

Because they don't look the same as the one's sold. The image and logo are different sizes and the words on the back are not the same.
  • My newest Bo:

Best regards!
    Buying or trading for these signed Jeter rc's:
    1992 GCL, 93 Stadium Club, 93 Greensboro,, 93 South Atlantic League, 93 Topps Marlins & Rockies,, 94 Classic Tampa, 94 Procards Tampa, 94 Florida State League & 95 Columbus Clippers.

• Awesome! I would love to own a Bo auto.
  • esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Not a card, but I recently picked up the jersey Bo wore the game he hit his first major league home run. It's the jersey pictured in the newspaper clipping at the top of this page. Was incredibly expensive, but I really wanted it. The missing script under the "Ro" of Royals made for an easy match. How no one caught or fixed this is surprising. Originated from George Brett's collection.

I also have the game worn jersey Bo wore in the photo was used in his 1986 Topps Traded and Donruss Rookies sets. I was able to get a high resolution of that image and match the stitching.

These are the only two 1986 Bo Jackson game worn jerseys I am aware of. It's framed up now, but here's a picture from when it first arrived. Will update the photo later.

If anyone can locate a wire photo or online copy of the image used for the photo at the top of this page, please let me know.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.

<< <i> image >>

I am insanely jealous, but happy for you at the same time. Thank you for posting! I will keep an eye out for a copy of the photo.

<< <i>image >>

Nice auto. It's worth noting that the card in that holder is the actual legitimate time out sports silver card.

<< <i>

<< <i>What makes it a prototype? Looks like the same coin that came in the 1991 figure package.

Lee >>

Because they don't look the same as the one's sold. The image and logo are different sizes and the words on the back are not the same. >>

Thanks for posting and explaining the differences. Would be neat to see them side-by-side at some point to compare if you ever have the time.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Lee >>

Because they don't look the same as the one's sold. The image and logo are different sizes and the words on the back are not the same. >>

Thanks for posting and explaining the differences. Would be neat to see them side-by-side at some point to compare if you ever have the time. >>

Neat. The prototype is much cleaner looking than the end product.

<< <i>1988 Raiders Smokey

This card got some action. >>

Popped a second one of these, on the way back in the mail!

<< <i>

Popped a second one of these, on the way back in the mail! >>

Here it is. image

• Wow it's hard to believe Bo is 52 now!
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

That is a nice looking card.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
    Here is the 1988 FOOTBALL HEROES STICKER BOOK NNO BO JACKSON HAND-CUT RAW, recently added to my collection.

• Is that one cut from the books you just got? If so, did you ever get an answer from PSA about how they'd like them cut to be subbed? I know you contacted them, was curious what you found out.

<< <i>Is that one cut from the books you just got? If so, did you ever get an answer from PSA about how they'd like them cut to be subbed? I know you contacted them, was curious what you found out. >>

Yes, this was cut from the books I just got. I also cut out the Bosworth which I posted in that thread.

I haven't heard back from PSA yet, however, I only asked them if they would grade it and not how to cut. They don't typically give cutting advice and this is because I have asked them. It's always very generic and is mostly concerned with equal border width. I may need to hit the top of this card and trim a slice of before I try to slab. Either way, this is how I want it in my collection so if they don't grade I'm all set.
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't heard back from PSA yet, however, I only asked them if they would grade it and not how to cut. They don't typically give cutting advice and this is because I have asked them. It's always very generic and is mostly concerned with equal border width. >>

Not sure if anyone remembers the thread I started, asking about cutting advice on 1936 Detroit Times Sports Stamps. I did end up receiving cutting advice from PSA on that one after a few tries.

I will bump that thread and paste in the info PSA sent to me.

<< <i>

<< <i>I haven't heard back from PSA yet, however, I only asked them if they would grade it and not how to cut. They don't typically give cutting advice and this is because I have asked them. It's always very generic and is mostly concerned with equal border width. >>

Not sure if anyone remembers the thread I started, asking about cutting advice on 1936 Detroit Times Sports Stamps. I did end up receiving cutting advice from PSA on that one after a few tries.

I will bump that thread and paste in the info PSA sent to me. >>

Thanks for the info Greg. I hadn't read that thread yet. It seems like if there are unusual features to consider like the biographies then it might make sense to ask PSA for advice. For this sticker issue it seems like the basic "even distance from edges" and "straight edge/rectangle" cutting would apply here.
    Popped a couple more PSA 10 cards on the remainder of my renewal submission.

GEM MINT 10 1987 Sportflics Superstar Discs 16 Bo Jackson Card
    GEM MINT 10 1987 Sportflics Superstar Discs 16 Bo Jackson Card
    A neat Bo Jackson hand-cut card, Brian Bosworth on the back side.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Here it is. image

image >>

Very small window of opportunity on this card. First one sold for about $750, mine went for $600. One closed yesterday for a little over $100.00. That's still decent money on a card, but the fall off was steep.
    I decided I'm going to slowly begin building a new Bo Jackson collection, The N8 Collection v2.0. I've got 4 new cards not yet listed in the set that I hope to add within the next 60 days as they come back from subs. Stay tuned for more fun! image
  • That's great news Nate!
  • creecree Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Welcome back Nate!

<< <i>Welcome back Nate! >>

Thanks Chris.

PM or email me your address. I have a Deion that I've been saving to send to you, possibly one that you don't have and I have no use for it.

<< <i>That's great news Nate! >>

Woohoo!
  • Did you save one of those PSA 10 Smokey tallboys for yourself? Hope so! Can't wait to see your new additions.

<< <i>Did you save one of those PSA 10 Smokey tallboys for yourself? Hope so! Can't wait to see your new additions. >>

Nope, only had one PSA 10 and had to sell based on value. The market suddenly flooded and now I think I can buy back at 1/3 of the sale price based on recent auctions so will work out in my favor probably sometime soon.
    Sadly, due to severe personal financial problems I am listing the Bo Jackson collection for sale via comsignment. This sucks...

I'll list details in B/S/T or PM me for details.
  • LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sorry to hear this an best of luck on your consignments. Hopefully it's more than enough to relieve the financial issues.
    Thanks bud.
  • Question for Bo experts out there - picked up some sealed Star '88 Baseball sets that are hand #'d to 1000:

The back reads (not sure if it is a back of a card or just a blank front):

The enclosed card set is one of a limited edition of only 1000 "Glossy" sets issued.

Set # ___ of 1000

I am guessing that these sets are the 12 card baseball sets and do not include the (4) football Auburn cards?

I picked up a few and will probably open down the road but wanted to ask in case any of you knew before I open.

Thanks in advance!
  • creecree Posts: 393 ✭✭
    If they are the 1988 Star Gold Glossy sealed sets they should have 16 cards per set. They are not really worth that much. I would just open them and submit to PSA for grading.
  • Originally posted by: cree
    If they are the 1988 Star Gold Glossy sealed sets they should have 16 cards per set. They are not really worth that much. I would just open them and submit to PSA for grading.

Thanks for the feedback - I decided to open one after your note and yes, the (4) football cards are included as well. Thanks again!
  • DJJazzBassDJJazzBass Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2021 12:41PM

Nevermind. Please delete.

Hey Moose! Rocco! Help the Judge find his checkbook, will ya!
  • In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

@DJJazzBass said:
    Nevermind. Please delete.

BO Knows!

• dan89dan89 Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worth a duel auto/card sub? Has the #34 but is is the black of the uniform?