Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Official Bo Jackson Thread

Comments

• Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Good luck to you on the sub. Let us know if you pop a nice Bo, I'm sure there will be people here on the forum interested.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Congratulations to detroitlion20 for having attained over 90% completion of the Bo Jackson Master Set - Baseball & Football.
  • Options
    Posted this on SCN and will open this up to those who participate/follw this thread. Got a special price worked out with the promoter for Bo Jackson's appearance on November 16th at the Minneapolis Sports Collectors Convention (Earle Brown Center show).

Price is $80 per card. Price includes the card of your choice, signing fee, and shipping in a bubble mailer with tracking. Due to the signing being this week I don't want to take the chance of cards not making it in time (unless I don't have the card and you can get yours in the mail shipped via Priority Mail on Monday). Rather, I have 400 or so Bo Jackson cards and I will get one of those signed for you. Just let me know which card you need. If you would like I can send you scans of the card in advance.

We need at least at 7 more cards to make this price happen. I won't be making a penny of profit on this. Just trying to get a few cards done for myself at a reduced rate.

PM me if you are interested and let me know what card you need. Payment must be made in advance via paypal once we have enough confirmed for the reduced price.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latest Bo pickup for my oddball golf collection. The back is somewhat amusing...

imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Bo Jackson Surprises Paralympian Who Idolized Him As A Kid

image >>

Good share. I hadn't seen that yet, thanks. image
  • Options
    I had wondered when I saw the complete set for sale if they even graded these being unlicensed . Bo is the top card so it would be tough to 10
    It never leaves you...
  • Options

<< <i>I had wondered when I saw the complete set for sale if they even graded these being unlicensed . Bo is the top card so it would be tough to 10 >>

We haven't tried grading one, although we'll probably know soon. I can tell you that this card and set is in the 2011 Standard Catalog (Lemke) so it's plausible to think they'd grade it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had wondered when I saw the complete set for sale if they even graded these being unlicensed . Bo is the top card so it would be tough to 10 >>

We haven't tried grading one, although we'll probably know soon. I can tell you that this card and set is in the 2011 Standard Catalog (Lemke) so it's plausible to think they'd grade it. >>

I checked the pop report and so far PSA has graded 70 examples from this set. It looks like they were actually distributed in pack/box form, so i would guess that is good enough for psa to be a licensed issue.
  • Options
    creecree Posts: 393 ✭✭
    Great. The more the merrier!
  • Options
    Nate, Great addition to the Bo Jackson Mastet Set. That 1989 Topps Heads Up Bo Jackson Test Issue is a strong weighted item. I am glad it is now part of the Master Set. Congrats.
  • Options

<< <i>Nate, Great addition to the Bo Jackson Mastet Set. That 1989 Topps Heads Up Bo Jackson Test Issue is a strong weighted item. I am glad it is now part of the Master Set. Congrats. >>

Thanks. I wish I had a better example but this will do for now. Not done looking for a gem. image
  • Options

<< <i>Great. The more the merrier! >>

I have been checking out the POP reports for Bo's playing years and i could not believe all the stuff PSA grades that has not been added to the Master set. Plus all the other star cards that have not been added. This set has the potential to grow by 100-150 more cards.
  • Options
    This thread has been dead awhile, any body have any recent additions to show off?
  • Options
    Aside from these, haven't bought much lately as I'm paying off a large deal. Topps original positive film slides from a photo shoot in 1987. I liked them because the images were not used to produce a card so they'll be unique.

• Options
    Those are cool. They would have made some cool looking cards.
  • Options
    Pretty cool Bo up for sale on eBay.

Details from the standard book on this set: "Released in three series of six discs, the Superstar Disc set features the special "Magic Motion" process. Each disc, which measures 4-1/2" in diameter, contains three different player photos, depending on which way it is tilted. A red border containing 11 stars, the player's name and uniform number surrounds the photo. The backs have a turquoise border which carries the words "Superstar Disc Collector Series." The backs also include the team logo, player statistics, biography and the disc number. The discs were issued with 18 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" Cooperstown Timeless Trivia Cards."

1987 Sportflics Superstar Discs Bo Jackson #16 PSA 10 Pop 1 Rookie

• Options
    It looks like another item that detroitlion and I will have a bidding battle over. Happy bidding to all on this one.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    I have the following available. All prices are delivered.

91 KC Police PSA 10 - $100
    90 Fleer League Leaders - PSA 10 - $60

email me: LDFergi@gmail.com if interested.

Thanks,
    David

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options

<< <i>It looks like another item that detroitlion and I will have a bidding battle over. Happy bidding to all on this one. >>

Sounds like a plan to me. Hard saying what it will land at.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It looks like another item that detroitlion and I will have a bidding battle over. Happy bidding to all on this one. >>

Sounds like a plan to me. Hard saying what it will land at. >>

Let the battle begin!
  • Options
    Here is what one of the actual positive film slides looks like in hand along with it's accompanying scan image.

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Just popped a bunch of Bos:
    NEAR MINT 7 1986 MEMPHIS CHICKS 28 BO JACKSON GOLD - tough surface, nicer looking than a 7
    GEM MINT 10 1986 DONRUSS ROOKIES 38 BO JACKSON
    EXCELLENT 5 1986 DONRUSS ROOKIES 38 BO JACKSON - oops?
    MINT 9 1986 DONRUSS ROOKIES 38 BO JACKSON
    MINT 9 1986 TOPPS TRADED 50T BO JACKSON - 22 pf em, no 10s
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 TOPPS TRADED 50T BO JACKSON - 4 of em
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 FLEER STAR STICKERS 132 B.JACKSON/E.DAVIS
    MINT 9 1990 SCORE 280 BO JACKSON
    GEM MINT 10 1990 SCORE 566 BO JACKSON
    MINT 9 1990 SCORE 566 BO JACKSON
    GEM MINT 10 1990 SCORE 687 BO JACKSON
    GEM MINT 10 1990 SCORE 697 BO JACKSON
    MINT 9 1990 SCORE 697 BO JACKSON
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1990 SCORE 697 BO JACKSON
    GEM MINT 10 1988 TOPPS 327 BO JACKSON
    MINT 9 1988 TOPPS 327 BO JACKSON
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1988 TOPPS 327 BO JACKSON
    NEAR MINT 7 1988 TOPPS 327 BO JACKSON
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1988 TOPPS 327 BO JACKSON

Filled out the stat sheet nicely on the 88 FB...lol

Interesting note - 596 card order, not one half grade...guess some graders use it others dont.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 FLEER STAR STICKERS 132 B.JACKSON/E.DAVIS >>

This is a beast of a card. In fact, the entire 1987 set is tough.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Only one I have pulled that wasn't the wax card. I did hit three 81 stickers in psa 10 this sub and those are usually tough for me too.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1987 FLEER STAR STICKERS 132 B.JACKSON/E.DAVIS >>

This is a beast of a card. In fact, the entire 1987 set is tough. >>

I've never seen them. Were they inserts in Rack packs?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    I'm totally blown away by the price this card turned at auction - US $240.00.

<< <i>Pretty cool Bo up for sale on eBay.

Details from the standard book on this set: "Released in three series of six discs, the Superstar Disc set features the special "Magic Motion" process. Each disc, which measures 4-1/2" in diameter, contains three different player photos, depending on which way it is tilted. A red border containing 11 stars, the player's name and uniform number surrounds the photo. The backs have a turquoise border which carries the words "Superstar Disc Collector Series." The backs also include the team logo, player statistics, biography and the disc number. The discs were issued with 18 1-3/4" x 2-1/2" Cooperstown Timeless Trivia Cards."

1987 Sportflics Superstar Discs Bo Jackson #16 PSA 10 Pop 1 Rookie

image >>

• Options
    I have a group of new Bo items, hand cut by me personally, that are currently my favorite pieces in the collection. It's a number of images that I'll be sharing over the next couple of weeks. Here is #1. Enjoy!

Vincent Jackson #40 - Pep Rally
  • Options
    Where did you come across these early Bo Jackson photos? They look like the ones from his high school yearbook.
  • Options
    Stay tuned and the answers you seek shall be revealed. For now, enjoy the show!
  • Options
    Today's Bo image. Enjoy!

Vincent Jackson #40 - McAdory HS Yellowjackets Team Photo (Seniors)
  • Options
    Today's installment, two images.

• Options
    For Sunday, a triptych.

• Options
    Happy Monday! Three more today...

• Options
    Another three on Christmas Eve.

• Options
    Here are the last of my new Bo images. Merry Christmas!!

MVP Winner. Love the Jordache shirt!

Most Athletic. Duh!?

Varsity Baseball. Saved this one for last, only because it was one of my favorite images.
  • Options

<< <i>Where did you come across these early Bo Jackson photos? They look like the ones from his high school yearbook. >>

Bingo! These were hand-cut from Bo's senior high school yearbook by me.

Some folks may not like me having cut it up, however, my collection is for me and that's what I wanted to do with it.

P.S. - There is still one Football action photo that I haven't shown yet. It's on the back-side of the FB team photo and I didn't feel like taking it out of the bag at the moment.
  • Options
    Almost forgot the senior photo! This has one rough edge because the page was bound so close to the edge of the photo that it has a tension ripple and the natural curve of the paper from having been bound. I'm working to flatten this side before I trim because the blade will likely not cut straight through these features. I have heard about ironing, steaming and other ideas for flattening paper. I haven't had the guts to try them yet. So far just book + weight method has brought it down some.

• Options
    Just got these back from PSA. Woot!

Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options

<< <i>Just got these back from PSA. Woot! >>

Are you taking offers or will you be consigning the cards?
  • Options

<< <i>

Are you taking offers or will you be consigning the cards? >>

Thanks to the invaluable information you offered, these will be on consignment in the PWCC January auction. Again, I greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Are you taking offers or will you be consigning the cards? >>

Thanks to the invaluable information you offered, these will be on consignment in the PWCC January auction. Again, I greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions. >>

They are most likely going to fetch below $100 each and the PWCC fees for that are $6 + 10% and that's about a 20-30% selling tax. Might be better selling direct. JMO.
  • Options

<< <i>They are most likely going to fetch below $100 each and the PWCC fees for that are $6 + 10% and that's about a 20-30% selling tax. Might be better selling direct. JMO. >>

Yeah, I know it's a gamble, but I'm willing to risk it. I don't have much invested in these cards and have been wanted to try out the consignment arena.
    Think. Thank. Thunk.

My eBay Listings
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>They are most likely going to fetch below $100 each and the PWCC fees for that are $6 + 10% and that's about a 20-30% selling tax. Might be better selling direct. JMO. >>

Yeah, I know it's a gamble, but I'm willing to risk it. I don't have much invested in these cards and have been wanted to try out the consignment arena. >>

I think you will do quite well with consigning them. I know there are a few that want these.
  • Options
    Woohoo! Made the leaderboard today. image

• Options
    Congratulations on the move.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options

<< <i>Congratulations on the move. >>

Thanks David!
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any of you Bo collectors snag the Auburn Tigers lot in the Small Traditions auction? In the words of Phil Rizzuto..."Holy Cow"!

Bo Auburn Tigers Football/Baseball PSA 10s
  • Options

<< <i>Any of you Bo collectors snag the Auburn Tigers lot in the Small Traditions auction? In the words of Phil Rizzuto..."Holy Cow"!

[L=Bo Auburn Tigers Football/Baseball PSA 10s]http://www.smalltraditions.com/Scarce-1987-McDag-Auburn-Tigers-Tiger-Great-Bo-Jac-LOT8957.aspx[/

I was surprised they went that high with the baseball version selling around $250 now
  • Options
    I need them both, however, I wasn't the lucky one taking them home. I am tied up with another purchase at the moment.