Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The official 2014 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    i kinda doubt it on the thread record, but the real test will be how long this thread gets once the product is released and trading gets going....thats where previous years (06-08) post count moved!
  • Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I meant the record number of posts before the "live" date. image

Since I've been following, I don't recall 21 pages and no product......

2009 Thread had over 2,700 posts...
  • It's been fun chatting up heritage with everyone. I joined this forum on Craig's recommendation. Like it a lot.

While we're on 2014 hold, does anyone recall if the 2008 high number dual autos were redemptions or actual inserts. I'm specifically looking for the granderson / kaline and perhaps one of the skowron dual autos. There's quite a few boxes out there but I've only seen 1 granderson / kaline auto for sale and my concern is that they were redemptions so real distribution may be significantly less than 25.
    Check out my Collection @ http://www.zistle.com/YankeesNYY
  • Here's the answer to your question. Look at my second card from 2008:

MY 2008 HALL OF FAME

Craig from Texas
    here is a link to topp's full album of 2014 heritage pics released so far: some nice black refs shown

linky

• << <i>Here's the answer to your question. Look at my second card from 2008:

MY 2008 HALL OF FAME

Craig from Texas >>

Ouch! I never noticed it last time I looked at your HOF sales. The actual card is beautiful, IMHO. The $40 2008 high number boxes no longer look so attractive. I suppose there is a shot at the autograph relics? Your Ramirez card is from the regular release. Thanks for the info so far.
    Some new ink...granted its a 1/1 hit....

• guys -

i am gearing up for my case break and wanted to get some suggestions of what i should have on hand - i dont like to overbuy suppies as space is an issue...

1) top loaders for the hits - will a box each of 35/55/75/100 pt loaders work? do any of the hits come thicker than that in years past?

2) boxes - 425 base card set +75 sp - but they are thicker - so does a 660 box cover the 500 cards - or do i need 800 for the 500 cards? for the extra base sets i will just size down.

thanks for any input.

<< <i>Some new ink...granted its a 1/1 hit....

image >>

PSA DNA.....

Can anyone enlighten me on that...?

Thought that was part of the grading service? But I am still not sure what the DNA is... (just checked on line, I don't know why I thought they authenticated his DNA, I'm way behind on this)
  • Those cuts are pathetic
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And here is another one...

Craig from Texas >>

looks more like Roger Montreal or Roger Moustache. Is that really his sig?
    a base set will fit nicely in a 660 ct box. you will need an 800 ct box for 500 cards. rule of thumb on most heritage issues is about 75% of the box size....so 660 will fit 660*.75 = ~500.

<< <i>looks more like Roger Montreal or Roger Moustache. Is that really his sig? >>

Right....HA, and they are always so careful to make sure it fits in the frame......

Not like any of these will be in circulation anyway.... but they are interesting... and create some buzz

Glad they put "Football Player" under his name.... just in case you're not sure who he is...
  • ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    would love to get a Bo auto!
    all the cards i have seen have washed out and muddy photos....hopefully its just a function of how the pics of the cards are taken and posted, but it looks like a bad photoshop filter has been applied....kind of like in 2008 or 2009.
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Gosh, why would a company post a product like the Bo Auto as a sales prop? That thing is so tilted! Just don't understand Topps sometimes. Quality should be everything!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets

• << <i>And what strikes me is the overall poor quality of the pix being released. They look as if they're smuggled out of the topps factory using an old style micro spy camera that you have to develop the pix to see what the image looks like...honestly... Crooked, out of focus, uneven exposure etc. >>

Worth repeating again from page 13 or so...
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    It's supposed to be vintage style, modern camera images would not be proper for the theme.

If you want Topps Series 1 images then by all means...

I for one don't mind.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• I think what others are alluding to is that the quality doesn't even match vintage standards. It's like they overdid it with the photoshop. Images are washed out and blurry -- even more so than the vintage originals. I, for one, don't mind it as much as others but I definitely see their point.

Craig from Texas
  • dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Just saw the Facebook page of the new heritage cards. There is a personalized fleer card cut up at a crappy angle 1 of of 1 Tim mccarver.
    It's gross looking.
  • Even if your name is Larry, this is not a cool card in my opinion. I'm almost surprised Topps would use a Fleer card but nothing really surprises me these days.

If only all of the cuts were as awesome looking as this one....

Craig from Texas
  • And I thought it'd be bad if I got an obermann auto card...doesn't seem so terrible anymore after seeing the topps heritage fleer 1 of 1
  • akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭
    Ok i'll bite, the 1/1's are pretty amateur.

Has anyone known someone who works for Topps? I'm just curious how they run their operations. Everything from design to production and marketing. What "type's" of people work there I wonder.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• there are no words
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    I would be furious if I pulled that McCarver as my case hit. It's bad enough that someone at Topps had the balls to not only produce a card of one of the most loathed broadcasters in the history of the game, but then topped it off by putting a crooked Fleer card in the frame.
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>would love to get a Bo auto! >>

What, I have competition for the Bo and Sabes autos?

<< <i>Even if your name is Larry, this is not a cool card in my opinion. I'm almost surprised Topps would use a Fleer card but nothing really surprises me these days.

Craig from Texas >>

That has to be a joke....

Even still.... with some of the other cut signatures, Topps should be embarrassed. I think they hire people who don't care about quality.

With the 1 of 1 cut signatures, the "mega" hit of the heritage series...... my reaction is "no thanks"....

And didn't the cut signatures used to be deceased players? Couldn't you pay these guys $50 for one decent signature...... their thought process is perplexing.

• Thanks for the tip parkerj

What do Roger staubach and jimmy carter have to do with 1965.
    I think I picked the wrong year to bust a first case of heritage.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Even if your name is Larry, this is not a cool card in my opinion. I'm almost surprised Topps would use a Fleer card but nothing really surprises me these days.

image >>

This has to be an early April Fool's joke, right?
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭

<< <i>

image >>

This has to be an early April Fool's joke, right? >>

I sure hope so
    Don't worry guys, its highly unlikely any of us will ever see these 1/1s.....and if you do, you can always get good coin on ebay for them!
  • robert67robert67 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 4, 2017 4:07PM

<< <i>image >>

The times have changed a bit, eroding each year.....C'mon Topps....

• alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    well, won't be hunting any kind of cards today....its like a blizzard outside and only supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Daughter doesn't have school and I was out early and the roads are already getting slippery......hard to believe baseball is only a few weeks away. al.
  • Apparently the wholesalers have hobby. I just got an email that my cards wer shipped.
  • digdugdigdug Posts: 216 ✭✭

<< <i>well, won't be hunting any kind of cards today....its like a blizzard outside and only supposed to get worse as the day goes on. Daughter doesn't have school and I was out early and the roads are already getting slippery......hard to believe baseball is only a few weeks away. al. >>

You must live near me
  • I know Jim will want this beauty...

Craig from Texas
  • I heard a rumor that retail would be out today. Anyone spot anything at the big box stores yet?

• Which distributor did you order from?

<< <i>Apparently the wholesalers have hobby. I just got an email that my cards wer shipped. >>

• stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I heard a rumor that retail would be out today. Anyone spot anything at the big box stores yet? >>

I went to Target this morning for an unrelated trip and they only had mini (7 packs per?) boxes of 2013 Heritage.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • For those that don't think Topps listens to people on social media, they definitely do. After witnessing the amount of negative comments and backlash about the Tim McCarver Fleer Heritage Cut Signature, they have now removed the picture from their Facebook album.

Craig from Texas

• Don't guess it was really a distributer, J&J sportscards in Georgia.
    Yes indeed that banks is high on my list. But so is the mays and Aaron!
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For those that don't think Topps listens to people on social media, they definitely do. After witnessing the amount of negative comments and backlash about the Tim McCarver Fleer Heritage Cut Signature, they have now removed the picture from their Facebook album.

Craig from Texas >>

Wonder if this card will ever find it's way into the hobby market. May go for big $$$ as an intended, but then unissued card.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

<< <i>

<< <i>For those that don't think Topps listens to people on social media, they definitely do. After witnessing the amount of negative comments and backlash about the Tim McCarver Fleer Heritage Cut Signature, they have now removed the picture from their Facebook album.

Craig from Texas >>

Wonder if this card will ever find it's way into the hobby market. May go for big $$$ as an intended, but then unissued card. >>

It's on the checklist, maybe they will replace with a redemption and cross that bridge when (if) it is redeemed.

(and destroy that one..... )

• I'm sure all of the cards have already packed out. They simply removed the picture in hopes people would quit talking about it. With my luck, I'll probably end up with it. But like Jim said, put it on eBay and it will sell well.

Craig from Texas