Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The official 2014 Topps Heritage thread

Comments

• Options
    oddityoddity Posts: 124 ✭✭
    I'm not a big modern guy or pack ripper, but I'm in this one for the fun! Put in for half a case tonight...
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    day 3 of twitter and not one pic of an autograph.
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the checklist posting. Much appreciated.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Remember the days when Ichiro had his own baseball card in Heritage. I suppose Topps considers the outfield too crowded with Ellsbury, Gardner, Soriano, Ichiro & the Granderson Chrome Card. Yankee Catcher line up is crowded too. On my next consultation with Girardi, I'll be sure to remind him that we need PITCHERS!!!! Yes, I'm a bit jealous the Rangers have Darvish. He's off to a great start too…"Darvish’s personal goal this season: more first-pitch strikes. He faced eight batters and threw first-pitch strikes to all of them. Only 10 qualified starters in the American League had a lower first-strike percentage than Darvish’s 57 percent last year. More first-pitch strikes could lead to shorter innings and the ability to go deeper into games."

I think we'll see the first Retail Heritage on Monday, latest.
    Check out my Collection @ http://www.zistle.com/YankeesNYY
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've ordered 5 cases and will only bust 3. I have 2 available if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    Walmart this am…lots of 2013 Chrome & Series 2 along with new 2014 Series 1…right next to the facial hair removal kit. No Heritage though.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Master set? Doesn't include variations.

Last year included Memorable Moments, right?

New Age Performers
    Then and Now
    Baseball Flashbacks
    News Flashbacks

Inserts NOT Included:

Bazooka
    Topps Embossed
    MLB Draft

Then the box loaders.... they still have the add panels (?), but the checklist only lists 1965 Giant Baseball Players.

• Options

<< <i>Remember the days when Ichiro had his own baseball card in Heritage >>

Someone on another forum somewhat answered this random muse for me. Ichiro signed an exclusive contract, and it's not with Topps. He showed up in Leaf at the end of 2013. Unlicensed by the MLB of course but has a dealer cost of $550 per box, and his own name on it…The 2013 Leaf Ichiro Immortals Collection. Limited to 300. I suppose at 40, you need to make the highest $ push you can. I really didn't know there was that big a market for him still. I just wanted a complete outfield base set in heritage.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Remember the days when Ichiro had his own baseball card in Heritage >>

Someone on another forum somewhat answered this random muse for me. Ichiro signed an exclusive contract, and it's not with Topps. He showed up in Leaf at the end of 2013. Unlicensed by the MLB of course but has a dealer cost of $550 per box, and his own name on it…The 2013 Leaf Ichiro Immortals Collection. Limited to 300. I suppose at 40, you need to make the highest $ push you can. I really didn't know there was that big a market for him still. I just wanted a complete outfield base set in heritage. >>

Interesting, had no idea. He'll still have a card in the base set?
  • Options
    My thoughts are that most master sets will include the following:

425 base cards
    75 SP cards
    10 Then and Now
    10 Baseball Flashbacks
    10 News Flashbacks
    20 New Age Performers
    15 Topps Embossed
    4 MLB Draft

Total: 569 cards

The Bazooka cards are retail only. Some people will collect these for their master set just as they would with the retail only exclusive blue border and red border variations. I'm thinking they still will have the ad panels as well as stamped vintage card boxtoppers. We will know more soon though!

Craig from Texas

<< <i>Master set? Doesn't include variations.

Last year included Memorable Moments, right?

New Age Performers
    Then and Now
    Baseball Flashbacks
    News Flashbacks

Inserts NOT Included:

Bazooka
    Topps Embossed
    MLB Draft

Then the box loaders.... they still have the add panels (?), but the checklist only lists 1965 Giant Baseball Players. >>

• Options

OK, so the Embossed replace the Memorable Moments and the 65 Draft cards. I just hope the Draft Cards all fall in the case.

If you only get one or two per case, that would make it a tough Master Set.

Bazooka are retail only, I didn't know that. Was that the same as last year? I was wondering why I didn't get any.

Same with the Embossed, hope they fall like the Memorable Moments last year,
  • Options
    Target and Walmart this afternoon…Nothing. Although Target did stock up on 2014 Series 1 since I was there last.
  • Options
    Ebay Hobby Box Auction Alert Again…If you're picking up heritage hobby boxes on ebay…Prob"lem"stein123 is at it again. This time he has a 2003 Blaster Box (10+1 Packs) listed as "2003 Topps Heritage Unopened Sealed Hobby Box" Not surprisingly, there are a ton of views with a BIN of $40 for a sealed "hobby" box.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    No siting of Heritage in San Antonio. Checked two Wal-Marts and two Targets. Maybe tomorrow...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options

<< <i>Ebay Hobby Box Auction Alert Again…If you're picking up heritage hobby boxes on ebay…Prob"lem"stein123 is at it again. This time he has a 2003 Blaster Box (10+1 Packs) listed as "2003 Topps Heritage Unopened Sealed Hobby Box" Not surprisingly, there are a ton of views with a BIN of $40 for a sealed "hobby" box. >>

Not sure what the problem is. I searched P...123 auctions under Heritage and found the :Lot of (2) 2010 Topps Heritage 1961 Design Sealed Box" lot. It was going for $10 so I bid. It appears that these are two of the 20 or 24 retail boxes (think it is 20 packs). I didn't see any 2003 Heritages for sale by him..
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Just to get the rippin juices flowing, busted 3 retail boxes (72 packs) of 2010 heritage and 2 retail (48 packs) of 2013 heritage.

No ink but a couple nice pulls:

2013: couple venezuelas, couple game used minor (braves), bruce (reds)
    2010: dice back vlad, game used ludwick cards

and these nice ones:

The Sizemore is an SSP - color variation of the green/red boxes. the normal one has yellow/blue boxes.

Harper refractor is #64/564
    and the stamp is #25/50

All are available, just pm if interested.
  • Options

<< <i>Just to get the rippin juices flowing, busted 3 retail boxes (72 packs) of 2010 heritage and 2 retail (48 packs) of 2013 heritage.

N. >>

Sweet Pulls…We needed some real rips of any year to keep the excitement up…Someone beat me out on a 2009 high number hobby box today…at max value I've paid in the past. Hope they enjoy the rips and get some good stuff!
  • Options

<< <i>
    Not sure what the problem is. I searched P...123 auctions under Heritage and found the :Lot of (2) 2010 Topps Heritage 1961 Design Sealed Box" lot. It was going for $10 so I bid. It appears that these are two of the 20 or 24 retail boxes (think it is 20 packs). I didn't see any 2003 Heritages for sale by him.. >>

The problem is that he advertises blasters and retails as hobby boxes. I sent a few notes to him about it. The 2010 is a retail blaster (8 packs) & retail box (24 packs?), the description & title was changed, so either he took me seriously and informed the last buyer that what he won was not what was advertised, or the buyer realized and changed his mind, or ebay stepped in based on my comments. It may be $10 now, it sold at auction as 2 hobby boxes first time around for about $100 incl SH. The 2003 is still up and falsely advertised. Lastly, I use a mobile device mainly, and the pix aren't very large, making it easy to confuse some items, especially when it comes to a retail box advertised as a hobby box. Thought the heritage forum may appreciate knowing about this guy, so they don't get blindly sucked in.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Well, just spent some money on boxes which I don't usually do....bought a 2014 box for $77 hopefully I didn't overpay, along with a 2012 box for $44 and one of the new Donruss boxes for $65.....got free shipping....did I do ok or was I ripped??? since I don't buy stuff online that often thought I did ok.... you all got me going again on the 1965 design...I am now 61 years of age and way back when the 1965 original topps set was my favorite....

al.
  • Options
    If there are any Allen & Ginter collectors here I could use your advise on a high end trade I am thinking about making. Could you PM me?

Thanks
    Walt
  • Options

<< <i>Well, just spent some money on boxes which I don't usually do....bought a 2014 box for $77 hopefully I didn't overpay, along with a 2012 box for $44 and one of the new Donruss boxes for $65.....got free shipping....did I do ok or was I ripped??? since I don't buy stuff online that often thought I did ok.... you all got me going again on the 1965 design...I am now 61 years of age and way back when the 1965 original topps set was my favorite....

al. >>

You did OK, Maybe $5 high on the 2014, but free shipping quickly absorbs that cost. In fact you did pretty good!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    Dual Relics are now numbered to 65. Still no autograph sightings.

Walt
  • Options

<< <i>Dual Relics are now numbered to 65. Still no autograph sightings.

Walt >>

And what strikes me is the overall poor quality of the pix being released. They look as if they're smuggled out of the topps factory using an old style micro spy camera that you have to develop the pix to see what the image looks like...honestly... Crooked, out of focus, uneven exposure etc.
  • Options
    I like the looks of them. Hope to get at least one of these:

This picture was released by Topps earlier today. As far as I know, the product is not live although we should have a retail sighting soon, right?

Craig from Texas
  • Options

they had some of the stamp cards on twitter.

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    none at Target today
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Although the image isn't high quality, I really like these triple relics. Again, the product is not live as of yet. This was released by Topps ten minutes ago.

Craig from Texas
  • Options

One More:

• Options

A lot of the stuff is one per case...
  • Options
    I like the relic look too and the way they incorporate the banner...btw, I think Reggie's Jackson debut was with the athletics beginning in 1967. At least topps is making an effort to provide some good chase names.
  • Options
    More eye candy from Topps for the night crowd...

Four more days!!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Nothing this pm in Target or Walmart…am I the only big dope on the retail watch?
  • Options

I did check Walmart today. But I think they stock on Tuesdays or Wednesday here, and they are usually behind (or it seems) the rest of the country.
  • Options

Here was another one.... these players have nothing to do with the 1965 or the 2014 season..... Heritage is definitely changing

• Options
    Nope, I have been checking South Texas, nothing out yet down here. I really like that Pittsburgh Clubhouse Collection. I guess the Morgan is suppose to be like the 65 embossed, not real excited about that, but I'm ready. I'm stashing a case and opening a half case, but that may change. I have been waiting for this release for many years, my favorite Topps year-1965!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Forget about 1965....that's a great patch card especially for braves collectors.

They really aren't representative of heritage since I doubt very few of us will pull these. I hope I am wrong !

• Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>Nothing this pm in Target or Walmart…am I the only big dope on the retail watch? >>

Usually I wait until I see the first real card for sale on ebay. Then I hit my local target. Keep me posted. I see myself at Target no later than Wednesday.
  • Options
    Look like topps has loaded up heritage boxes with game used cards. Looks like they are milking the one Auto OR game used per box. Sad I think. For every cool triple relic card there is there are going to be 40 common jersey cards. I don't like the design of the GU cards this year and there have been NO patches yet on the rare relic cards. Dare I say I have yet to see a heritage
    card that wowed me?

4 days now and I have yet to see ink.

Waalt
  • Options
    Walt,

They are building up excitement before they reveal the Real One autographs. Meanwhile, here's a "player sample" to tide you over. Will we see retail tomorrow? Hope so...

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    Larry Yellen? He doesn't even have a logo on his cap. Is this supposed to make me feel better? LOL

It didn't.

I am pretty close to saying the hell with his years heritage.

W
  • Options

<< <i>Larry Yellen? He doesn't even have a logo on his cap. Is this supposed to make me feel better? LOL

It didn't.

I am pretty close to saying the hell with his years heritage.

W >>

Com on Walt, don't give in yet. That's just representitive of the 65 set where the Colt 45 hats were air brushed, It's gonna be a great year!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    Can anyone recall what year UD utilized the Topps 65 design? I seem to recall they did 8-10 years ago.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can anyone recall what year UD utilized the Topps 65 design? I seem to recall they did 8-10 years ago. >>

2003 Upper Deck Vintage. The 2001 Upper Deck Vintage looked like the 63 set.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    Thanks. I had only purchased a few packs so it had slipped from memory. I've always wondered how the licensing agreement, if any, came about with rival Topps for UD to use the design.
  • Options
    It looks like we have 4 of us living in Texas on retail alert. A west and east coast representative will help balance out the first sighting. Blow out is speculating a release after hobby because that's how football worked out this time around. I'm hopeful for Tuesday or Wednesday am. 1 more day at target & I'm certain they'll give me a red vest and inventory count sheet.
  • Options

<< <i>Look like topps has loaded up heritage boxes with game used cards. Looks like they are milking the one Auto OR game used per box. Sad I think. For every cool triple relic card there is there are going to be 40 common jersey cards. I don't like the design of the GU cards this year and there have been NO patches yet on the rare relic cards. Dare I say I have yet to see a heritage
    card that wowed me?

4 days now and I have yet to see ink.

Waalt >>

I'm surprised you're not a fan of the Relic design. For me, compared to the last couple years, the pictures are larger and much more colorful...and at least resemble the set year. And cleaner.

Last year, the photo took up 1/4 of the card.

• Options
    Retail watch in North Carolina. Checked both Target and Walmart yesterday, nothing to report, will check Walmart later today. It seems our Walmarts are ailways later than hobby.
  • Options

<< <i>Forget about 1965....that's a great patch card especially for braves collectors.

They really aren't representative of heritage since I doubt very few of us will pull these. I hope I am wrong ! >>

If they really wanted to pump life into this product.... they would load 3 or 4 of those per case. The checklist seems to indicate they have a wide variety items, double, triples, quads, books... etc.

My fear also is the distribution will remain the same.... and those will be few and far between. But just like spring training, today there is hope.... image

• Options
    Not sure why Topps would put more of anything into any particular case. Heritage sells out, year after year.
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle