Comments

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lol >>

LOL what? Apple is a gadget based company. One can only roll so long on momentum and evolution. Pretty soon they will need another revolution kind of product.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Lol >>

LOL what? Apple is a gadget based company. One can only roll so long on momentum and evolution. Pretty soon they will need another revolution kind of product. >>

Lol , at 2sides for a nice one, ... Lol at you cause you are on another planet...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Lol >>

LOL what? Apple is a gadget based company. One can only roll so long on momentum and evolution. Pretty soon they will need another revolution kind of product. >>

Lol , at 2sides for a nice one, ... Lol at you cause you are on another planet... >>

So other than the i flopwatch, what does Apple have in the pipeline that will rock the world? What do you see pushing the stock up past $250? Microsoft was a white elephant for the last 10 years as far as anything causing a serious movement in their stock price.
  • Options
    I jiss bought another 10 ounces+ of gold equivalent in Apple so maybe it will hit $260 in after hours.image
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "So other than the i flopwatch, what does Apple have in the pipeline that will rock the world?"

Gee, I had no idea that the iWatch was a flop as it has not even been released yet!
    Must be nice to be able to see into the future.
    That being the case, I assume you already rode up the AAPL stock climb of the past few years.
    What should we buy now?
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options

<< <i>"So other than the i flopwatch, what does Apple have in the pipeline that will rock the world?"

Gee, I had no idea that the iWatch was a flop as it has not even been released yet!
    Must be nice to be able to see into the future.
    That being the case, I assume you already rode up the AAPL stock climb of the past few years.
    What should we buy now? >>

I bought Apple again today. There is still some upside left. I've been in it for a few years. Yes, I rode it up. I also wished I'd gotten out at $700 instead of riding it way down and earning the same $$$ a second time. I have thoughts of an exit strategy if it hits $175.

I know it isn't on the market yet, but I tend to think that there is some truth here as to why the iwatch could flop. It won't be for me, I'm sure of that.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou, Bajj… Bajj, Lou

really, we are in the same place (planet) here. I'm learning from some bright stars. It's hard for me. Jay (saint guru) spent lots of time with me in private messages helping me see, but "the stock market" is not easy pickings, like coins have always been for me. And I don't need to be in the BIG coins to make ends meet. image

Thanks for sharing with me , all of you guys.
  • Options

<< <i>Lou, Bajj… Bajj, Lou

really, we are in the same place (planet) here. I'm learning from some bright stars. It's hard for me. Jay (saint guru) spent lots of time with me in private messages helping me see, but "the stock market" is not easy pickings, like coins have always been for me. And I don't need to be in the BIG coins to make ends meet. image

Thanks for sharing with me , all of you guys. >>

I'm in the stock, what more do you think I should be doing?

And yes, I still regret not selling it at $700. It was a little painful watching it lose almost half of its value over a year and a half or however long it was.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apple replace AT&T in the Dow? Kind of symbolic. Also, considering the apple's role in Eve's fall from grace. wai.. wha? image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it werent for ATT and Verizon subsidizing the Iphone, Blackberry may still be relevant and Apple an also ran.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

• Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Apple is up 18% so far this year + it has a 1.5% dividend.
    Just sayin'
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    They AAPL should have one quarter per year where they pay the entire quarter's profits/earnings out as dividends.
  • Options
    Shudda dumped it 2 days ago. It gets tiresome riding it up and down earning/re-earning the same money over and over and over again.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>…
    I'm in the stock, what more do you think I should be doing?

.… >>

Fishing, camping, or basically staying out of your wife's hair.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the entire sector is being supported by AAPL. If you haven't already done it now is a good time to get out.

Why I do not buy Apple Products.

If I did own their stock I would be preparing for more of America to boycott their products.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the entire sector is being supported by AAPL. If you haven't already done it now is a good time to get out.

Why I do not buy Apple Products.

If I did own their stock I would be preparing for more of America to boycott their products. >>

Ah capitalism slicing both ways...... Love it

Mark
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Both. Take care. jws
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My advisor says to stick with the fruits.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    edited January 28, 2020 11:07PM

Apple up 100% the past year. Blow out earnings due to IPhone and wearables. A couple bucks shy of an all time high

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    Apple up 100% the past year. Blow out earnings due to IPhone and wearables. The watch is a cash cow

m

hey stranger :D

its safe to come back , glick got bammed

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd still take the Au, but I'm just a stubborn old fool.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    Tiggs2012Tiggs2012 Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

Still own AAPL and I posted on this old thread back in what, 2012? Its split 7-1 since and still lots of people here who misunderstand tech and investments let alone AAPL intricacies. My TSLA has been great lately outperforming AAPL, the thread here just proves to me how misunderstood it is also. Look at value not prices and do your own DD, prices will always fluctuate in all markets.

Noone here I'm aware of has been more successful than Buffet, hes provided plenty of reference material for starters. Interesting how BRK owns AAPL too.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Apple up 100% the past year. Blow out earnings due to IPhone and wearables. A couple bucks shy of an all time high

m

Actually aapl was trading at an all time high immediately after their earnings report in AH trading. Earnings were reported after market close.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apple has done well.... As far as gold, much depends on when it was purchased....and what part it plays in economic planning. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

It might’ve been a fairer fight had palladium been chosen as the foe.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options

@MilesWaits said:
    It might’ve been a fairer fight had palladium been chosen as the foe.

Not really. I've seen AAPL go from a split adjusted ~0.42 cents to the current $320+ while palladium has gone from an ideal $150 bottom to $2500+ in a similar timeframe and AAPL pays dividends. Bitcoin has done far better though.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭✭✭

AAPL is absolutely crushing AU. Shocking... :)

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    percybpercyb Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Gold is at around 1640 and Apple around 565.

?
    Apple has never been at that price.

"Poets are the unacknowledged legislators of the world." PBShelley
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,228 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold or aapl?

never at 565? that was before it split 7:1.

apple is beating gold easily. amazon is too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

If you guys want a proxy on what wall st thinks about the corona virus follow the price of Apple.

m

• Options
    edited February 4, 2020 9:22PM

@percyb said:

?

Apple has eclipsed the price of gold in grand fashion. It’s split so many times. If you would have invested 10k in Apple just 10 years ago it would be worth well over 100k today. I’ll let someone else do the exact math

m

• Options

@percyb said:

?

Yes, it has. Guess you didn't know about aapl prices before they split 7 for 1 and going over 700. Wouldn't be surprised if they split again soon, maybe more like 3:1 next

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    If you guys want a proxy on what wall st thinks about the corona virus follow the price of Apple.

it's not gold

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Tiggs2012 said:

@percyb said:

?

Yes, it has. Guess you didn't know about aapl prices before they split 7 for 1 and going over 700. Wouldn't be surprised if they split again soon, maybe more like 3:1 next

Apple ended up splitting again this year 4:1 and is up like 60% this year, one of the best performing stocks in the sp500. Tesla did a 5:1 and is getting added to the index :smiley:

• Options

@Tiggs2012 said:

@Tiggs2012 said:

@percyb said:

?

Apple ended up splitting again this year 4:1 and is up like 60% this year, one of the best performing stocks in the sp500. Tesla did a 5:1 and is getting added to the index :smiley:

tesla stock might do ok but its a garbage company and the cars suck.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

tesla stock might do ok but its a garbage company and the cars suck.

ROFL, I'm up over 10x in the last year on my Tesla stock(ATH again today, EVERYONE is green) and my tesla greatly exceeded expectations. People don't agree with you as Tesla highest customer satisfaction 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 per CR:

https://insideevs.com/features/403607/consumer-reports-tesla-highest-satisfaction-rate/

Of course they could do better on irrelevant things like panel gaps but the functionality is there plus the car and builds are constantly improving. As a car enthusiast and engineer, I understand the reality. I hope to keep being tortured by Tesla :D

• Options

Tis the season, to be gloating
    Na na na na na, na na na na 😉
    Good for you, really, congratulations.

• Options

a lot of stocks are doing pretty good in spite of the actual company they represent and the present economy we exist in.

The stock market is basically a computer simulation right now.

I can see apple continuing to go up , I cant see how they have any new products going forward. Even if I was an apple fanboi and had the latest doodad , what are they going to do? A new iphone with a screen that is x+1 inches ? I think my phone barely fits in my pocket now , i am not going to start carrying a purse just so I can carry a bigger phone.

its a pandemic or something actually which is kind of a cramp on disposable income for a lot of people so even if I resigned myself to carrying a manpurse I can't afford another $1000 phone when this one works just fine.

They have to run out of idiots eventually right?

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apple has pretty much sucked since the split. Although gold hasn’t fared much better.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2020 12:24PM

@bronco2078 said:
    a lot of stocks are doing pretty good in spite of the actual company they represent and the present economy we exist in.

The stock market is basically a computer simulation right now.

I can see apple continuing to go up , I cant see how they have any new products going forward. Even if I was an apple fanboi and had the latest doodad , what are they going to do? A new iphone with a screen that is x+1 inches ? I think my phone barely fits in my pocket now , i am not going to start carrying a purse just so I can carry a bigger phone.

its a pandemic or something actually which is kind of a cramp on disposable income for a lot of people so even if I resigned myself to carrying a manpurse I can't afford another $1000 phone when this one works just fine.

They have to run out of idiots eventually right?

@3stars said:
    Apple has pretty much sucked since the split. Although gold hasn’t fared much better.

there were lowers than expected iphone sales.

waning interest? I don't think so. I upgraded my phone when the 5G phones first became available. I think the apple hoard will be upgrading like crazy with the new phones with 5G.

Also, the new phones come in different sizes so guys don't need a man purse.

• Options

I went on ebay bought 3 used kyocera dura force phones for $120 bucks . Shock resistant waterproof. Smash one swap the sim to the next. Used phones are fine for me I am not a 12 year old instagram influencer I make calls I navigate text and check email.

I'm good for 3 years for $120 bucks

• Options
    TPGSTPGS Posts: 207 ✭✭✭

@cohodk said:
    << Can I say neither?

I'd prefer to look for something that might quintuple in a few years, not something that already has. >>

Coulda tripled your money on this weeks AAPL 580 call in about 90 min today.

I went with apple. 837 shares of it.

• Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree. Own both plus alot of other "stuff" :)

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold has that glitter that can often blinds one eye when it comes to investing.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

@TPGS said:

@cohodk said:
    << Can I say neither?

I'd prefer to look for something that might quintuple in a few years, not something that already has. >>

Coulda tripled your money on this weeks AAPL 580 call in about 90 min today.

I went with apple. 837 shares of it.

i always buy in prime numbers too !

• Options

oops my maths were off disregard the above comment

• Options

@3stars said:

Actually it was a huge gift, sry you missed it. It was textbook, perhaps you should review things like pre-split runups, post-split depression, covered calls, CSPs, etc. Some of us have been through more than one or two aapl splits.

The best investment anyone can make is in their own education.