Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

R.I.P. ... PAY IT FORWARD...

Comments

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    The '52 Topps are yours, Perkdog. PM coming. If you are able to snap some pics of your cards (even a phone pic), it would be great. Thanks!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The '52 Topps are yours, Perkdog. PM coming. If you are able to snap some pics of your cards (even a phone pic), it would be great. Thanks! >>

Thank You! My Scanner is not working unfortunately however I want to add another item.

I will give the PSA 9 Thurman Thomas Rookie 1989 Score, 3 Raw Chris Johnson Topps Chrome Rookies, a few Raw Tom Brady Cards AND a custom card of Charlie Trippi 1952 Bowman Style with a cut Auto.
  • Don't know if this has been suggested but maybe something like this could work.

One "I'll take it" per month......but if cards are up for more than 24 hours (or whatever amount of time is fair) with no takers, then anyone can take them.
    This will keep super active members from constantly scooping others on the good stuff, but will allow those same members to keep the thread moving when necessary.

Just a thought. Awesome idea either way!

<< <i>Don't know if this has been suggested but maybe something like this could work.

One "I'll take it" per month......but if cards are up for more than 24 hours (or whatever amount of time is fair) with no takers, then anyone can take them.
    This will keep super active members from constantly scooping others on the good stuff, but will allow those same members to keep the thread moving when necessary.

Just a thought. Awesome idea either way! >>

Just to let it be known, I personally will not take any more cards I just wanted to do my part in keeping this going because I think its a great idea for the forum and a nice change of pace over the negative things that pop up from time to time. I continue to post even though Im not a collector anymore and enjoy it here image

+100 For everyone that has paticipated!
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    I also think it's a fun idea. I guess a post that mentioned about the PMs was edited before I saw it, but I hope it continues.

Sean, your cards went out in today's mail.

Since the total number of members who are going to participate in this is somewhat limited, I vote for once every 7 days.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Thanks guys, I'm liking Mattingly's idea of an initial time limit. Maybe if an item is up for 48 hours and there are no takers, then anyone can take it. And anyone can take any item every 2 weeks. Would that work?

Zep33 and Perkdog, your cards went out today.

<< <i>Maybe if an item is up for 48 hours and there are no takers, then anyone can take it. And anyone can take any item every 2 weeks. Would that work? >>

But still only ONE offer up at a time, right? If there are multiple offers at a time I think this will get too confusing.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
    Yes, one offer at a time. Otherwise, we'd all be lost. image

I edited the rules to include that and clarify/tighten it up a little bit. Thanks, Doug!
  • I think this is a wonderful idea. A lot of fun for very little effort... and maybe some cards that people have taken for granted can make someone else's day?

This seems to me like the kind of thing that would go on for a long time!

(I hope at least until we get to 100 posts! LOL).

Those who don't like it are free to stop reading the thread and are certainly not obligated to participate.

Frank
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    WOW - How the hell did drama find it's way into this thread?

Glad it's still going - Doug's cards went out today too

I vote for the time limit before anyone can grab it too - good idea Foo
    Tick Tick Tick Up for grabs.....

PSA 9 Thurman Thomas Rookie 1989 Score, 3 Raw Chris Johnson Topps Chrome Rookies, a few Raw Tom Brady Cards AND a custom card of Charlie Trippi 1952 Bowman Style with a cut Auto.

Sorry my scanner is broken image
  • Well, I PM'ed poweredh20 but the Musial went out today.

I like the idea about if cards are there for more than Y amount of time then it is open game...

How about something like this:

One "I'll take it" every 10 days and if a 'lot' of cards is up for more than 24 hours then the people who are on the ten day break can grab those card. I don't think it should reset the 10 day timer though since it was up for the extended period of time.
  • prthdprthd Posts: 1,323

<< <i>Tick Tick Tick Up for grabs.....

PSA 9 Thurman Thomas Rookie 1989 Score, 3 Raw Chris Johnson Topps Chrome Rookies, a few Raw Tom Brady Cards AND a custom card of Charlie Trippi 1952 Bowman Style with a cut Auto.

Sorry my scanner is broken image >>

Ok ill take them. This is such an awesome idea, more people should get involved in this. I will be posting up my offering soon.
    Looking for 1950 Bowman football PSA 7's

<< <i>

<< <i>Tick Tick Tick Up for grabs.....

Sorry my scanner is broken image >>

Ok ill take them. This is such an awesome idea, more people should get involved in this. I will be posting up my offering soon. >>

Awesome! PM me your address and I will get your cards out on Wednesday!
  • BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    Not sure anybody cares what I think, as I'm more of a reader than a poster but I love this thread and can't wait to get in on it.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns

<< <i>Not sure anybody cares what I think, as I'm more of a reader than a poster but I love this thread and can't wait to get in on it. >>

Well Basher im uploading the picture of my cards as we speak. Its a very cool lot and I dont think it will last long.
  • psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    If somebody offers up a 1963 Topps Norm Larker PSA I will play!! Last card I need for set. This is a great idea!
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
    OK I need some help. I cant copy and paste links, my right button quit working on my laptop. So would someone please PM me your email so I can send you a link via photobucket and have you post it for me. Im sorry but I want to keep this thread going.

Dell = Never Again
    pm sent image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
    Posting for prthd...I do NOT believe the Miller Lite is included, but you can take that up with him image

Need PSA Indians/Browns

<< <i>Posting for prthd...I do NOT believe the Miller Lite is included, but you can take that up with him image

image >>

Basher thanks so much.

2009 Fausto Carmona Heritage red ink real ones auto26/60. -- I bought this because I wanted PSA to "authenticate" it with his "real" name. They said they wouldnt.
    1959 Topps Clem Labine -- Only vintage card that was in the garage sale find a few weeks ago
    1985 Kick To The Face Aaaaandre The Giant -- Again from the garage sale find.
    and last a 1998 SP Authentic Bryce (no not that one) Drew PSA 9 RC 1499/3500 -- Had a burr up my ass about 2 years ago to build a PSA 9 RC set from SP.

The beer is not included but depending on where these cards land, we might also trade some beer. I love local breweries and sharing Great Lakes (Cleveland, Ohio) with others.

Dave
    Cool cards, Dave! The red ink is very nice.

I live in Asheville NC (Beer City, USA for the past 3 years) and would love to do some brew swapping. Not sure how easy to mail that would be though... Do you have Boulevard in your area?
    Bumping this back up. No one grabbing the red ink & '59 Topps? Strange...

<< <i>Bumping this back up. No one grabbing the red ink & '59 Topps? Strange... >>

I didnt think this lot would last an hour.
    I'll take those if it's open to anybody already. The Heritage ink would look nice in my collection
    Many thanks to Mike (Zep33). I received my cards in the mail today. Not only did Mike send me the three cards he had listed, but he sent this MICK fan three modern Mantle Topps cards as well. THANKS MIKE!!! Much appreciated.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>I'll take those if it's open to anybody already. The Heritage ink would look nice in my collection >>

I say we give it a 12 hour clock. If no one wants it by 11:15 PM west coast time then its yours. It would of been on the trading block for 48 hours at that point.

Sound good?
  • i read this whole thread and im confused, it needs alot of structure,, right now its reading like a cluster fornification thread, great idea but lacks organization,,,, jeeprs,, so whats what?,,, j
    imageimageimageimageimage

<< <i>i read this whole thread and im confused, it needs alot of structure,, right now its reading like a cluster fornification thread, great idea but lacks organization,,,, jeeprs,, so whats what?,,, j >>

1. Claim cards that are available.

2. Post cards of your own.

3. Repeat.

That is really all there is to it. It got a little off track but I think we're back and good to go now.
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    IMO, the only posting should be (a) I'll take those cards and (b) here's what I'm putting up.

<< <i>IMO, the only posting should be (a) I'll take those cards and (b) here's what I'm putting up. >>

I agree. Hopefully that will happen going forward.
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the people on this board could ruin a wet dream!! image

3. Repeat.

And possibly an "I got the cards. Thank you".
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

3. Repeat.

4. I have received the cards.
    I got my cards today, Thank You Jarred!

Dave I sent your cards out today as well.

Paul
    Got my cards today too

Thanks Jarrod!!
    This is (hopefully) the last rule change/housekeeping post I'll make.

For the purpose of keeping this thread active, you can now take cards every SEVEN days instead of 14. Also, if some cards have been here for more than 24 hours, anyone is welcome to them, no matter when they last claimed cards. But again, please don't be greedy and only take cards that go somewhat with your collecting focus (if you have one). I'd like a lot of newer or non-regular members to get in on this too.

If this doesn't work out, I'll change it back to 14 days/48 hours.

Thanks, guys!

Also, this means prthd's cards (including that red ink auto) are available to anyone RIGHT NOW!
  • So the current cards are up for grabs to anyone now, correct?

I Think Zep asked for them.

This is a great thread IMO....Thanks for putting the work in to make it happen!

<< <i>So the current cards are up for grabs to anyone now, correct?

This is a great thread IMO....Thanks for putting the work in to make it happen! >>

Zep had already "won" a lot. This is still up for grabs until midnight. Mattingly if you want it, its yours.
  • Rec'd the cards today!

• << <i>

<< <i>So the current cards are up for grabs to anyone now, correct?

This is a great thread IMO....Thanks for putting the work in to make it happen! >>

Zep had already "won" a lot. This is still up for grabs until midnight. Mattingly if you want it, its yours. >>

No I don't want the lot. All nice cards, but nothing I collect. Plus Zep seems to want the auto for his collection.....that's what this thread is about.

Zep, The cards are your PM me your info and post something else up for trade.

Thanks
    Got my cards today, thanks Chris!
    Sweet - thanks!! PM coming soon

Here's a little something for the next in line:

2011 Topps Tribute - image

2011 Topps Chrome - image

2012 Bowman - image

• I'll take 'em! I'll post my cards later tonight! (I'm at work right now)

-Roger
    Sent PM last evening for your address. Still waiting for reply.... image

• GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    image nice lot zep!
    Waiting anxiously for Roger to post his cards.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• I apologize for the delay guys. No reason for it, I just slacked. In any case, here are the cards I am offering...

2001 Fleer Greats of the Game Mookie Wilson Auto (could probably just be cracked out if you know how to)

2004 SP Legendary Cuts Steve Carlton Bat Card

2000 Black Diamond Edition Mark Buehlre Jersey Card

2005 Sweet Spot Classic Juan Marichal Jersey Card

1967 Topps Wilbur Wood Autographed Card (first year with the White Sox)

Thanks,
    Roger