Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2011 W AGE Unc on backorder now! UPDATE: 1/17 SOLD OUT!!! 1/24: 8,822 sold

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have two pcgs ms70fs 2011 w $50 AGEs. I was just looking at them. They look perfect to the naked eye. However, both have identical areas of relative dullness in the finish over the high points of Ms. Liberty's ta ta's which are easily visible with a 5x loupe. Does anyone else notice this in their coins?

Edited: now that I'm home, I've looked at listings for this coin. You can see this dullness on her ta ta's in this listing, and in others. It's not as obvious on my PCGS 70s, but appears to be the norm for this issue. To tired to look at the '06 and '08 W Uncs tonight, but I'll pull them tomorrow for comparison.

dullness on ms. lib's ta ta's
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Mint is still filling orders, got mine filled this morning for the 1 ouncers.

I'm sorry, I'm confused. What did you fill an order for this morning?

Mark >>

The mint is filling backorders for these coins, mintage of about 8800.
  • Options
    These back-orders were counted already in the final sales numbers, correct?
  • Options
    So to clarify, when you say the Mint "filled" your order, this was for an order that had already been placed, & was on backorder when you placed the order. Subsequently, they filled the order, correct?

That makes sense to me now. As I said, I was confused, I thought the poster said he was able to place an order, which was not the case. He had already placed his order prior to the "sellout".

I learn from you all every single day.

Mark
  • Options

<< <i>So to clarify, when you say the Mint "filled" your order, this was for an order that had already been placed, & was on backorder when you placed the order. Subsequently, they filled the order, correct?

That makes sense to me now. As I said, I was confused, I thought the poster said he was able to place an order, which was not the case. He had already placed his order prior to the "sellout".

Mark >>

You got it correct, the order was placed when they went on back order but prior to the sellout.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>So to clarify, when you say the Mint "filled" your order, this was for an order that had already been placed, & was on backorder when you placed the order. Subsequently, they filled the order, correct?

Mark >>

You got it correct, the order was placed when they went on back order but prior to the sellout. >>

Halfstrike, I would assume that the orders being filled where already counted as sales orders. unless they do not count the sales until they fulfill the orders. However if that was the case then we would have seen a nice jump on numbers last week since they where still filling orders.

I think that once they run out and they cancel the remainder orders then we will see all of the orders subtracted from the sales as returns?
  • Options

<< <i>
    Halfstrike, I would assume that the orders being filled where already counted as sales orders. unless they do not count the sales until they fulfill the orders. However if that was the case then we would have seen a nice jump on numbers last week since they where still filling orders.

I think that once they run out and they cancel the remainder orders then we will see all of the orders subtracted from the sales as returns? >>

Yes I think the sales report is done by orders and not coins shipped, and all of the orders and backorders are already in on these. I am just going by memory but from past backorders the sales report goes up for two weeks past the backorder date and that is usually the final sales number until the audited mintages come out in about a year.

So I will be surprised if we see another increase this week in the sales report, they may adjust by a couple of coins though.
  • Options
    Anybody getting backorderd ones moving recently?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,377 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Anybody getting backorderd ones moving recently? >>

Yes, ordered 1/13. They keep moving further out of reach.

NN and Coin Update are both overdue with latest sales figures. Checking that more than I am my latest grade postings.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    I also ordered mine on 1/13, and today the "expect to ship" date is 2/14

interesting that today I also received an e-mail from the Mint, which started "We regret to inform you . . ." My heart sunk. But then it went on to say ". . . that your item is backordered, and you should expect shipment within the date listed (2/14)"

maybe they don't sent those e-mails out until 2 weeks after order (or thereabouts)?

Mark
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Anybody getting backorderd ones moving recently? >>

Yes, ordered 1/13. They keep moving further out of reach.

NN and Coin Update are both overdue with latest sales figures. Checking that more than I am my latest grade postings. >>

Coinupdate almost always publishes sales reports on Tuesday unless it's a holiday weekend, where it posts on Wed.
  • Options
    I got one of those backordered emails too... Gulp
    This is so fun
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I think that once they run out and they cancel the remainder orders then we will see all of the orders subtracted from the sales as returns? >>

Yes I think the sales report is done by orders and not coins shipped, and all of the orders and backorders are already in on these. I am just going by memory but from past backorders the sales report goes up for two weeks past the backorder date and that is usually the final sales number until the audited mintages come out in about a year.

So I will be surprised if we see another increase this week in the sales report, they may adjust by a couple of coins though. >>

Looks to bet the same number as last week. From Coin Update: "The complete US Mint numismatic product sales report appears below. The figures are compiled through January 30, 2012."

Product Sales Change

2011 AMERICAN EAGLE GOLD UNCIRCULATED COIN
    One ounce 8,822* 12
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8,822.............I wonder if thats it ???
  • Options

<< <i>8,822.............I wonder if thats it ??? >>

Not until mint says "final" sales figures.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>2011 AMERICAN EAGLE GOLD UNCIRCULATED COIN
    One ounce 8,822* 12 >>

Michael corrected the delta from last week's report. It is zero, not 12.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>

One ounce 8,822* 12 >>

Michael corrected the delta from last week's report. It is zero, not 12. >>

Thanks, makes more sense.
  • Options
    looks like that's it on mintage and further sales. And I still had more in the oven. image

These popped out of the toaster this morning:

Coins for NGC invoice number 2572603
    LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Grade Comments
    001 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    002 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    003 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    004 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    005 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 69
    006 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 69
    007 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    008 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    009 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    010 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    011 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    012 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    013 2011 P MEDAL OF HONOR $5 MS 70
    014 2011 P MEDAL OF HONOR $5 MS 70

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    Where did you get that toaster? :-)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

One ounce 8,822* 12 >>

Michael corrected the delta from last week's report. It is zero, not 12. >>

Thanks, makes more sense. >>

Looks like we have a winner (at least until the '12 Ws are final). The numbers should only go down in the final finals. The 2008 W $10 AGE Unc was 8883. :-)
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

<< <i>looks like that's it on mintage and further sales. And I still had more in the oven. image

These popped out of the toaster this morning:

Coins for NGC invoice number 2572603
    LineItem Year Mint Mark Variety/Pedigree Denom. Grade Comments
    001 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    002 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    003 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    004 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    005 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 69
    006 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 69
    007 2011 W EAGLE G$50 MS 70
    008 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    009 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    010 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    011 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    012 2011 P U.S. ARMY $5 MS 70
    013 2011 P MEDAL OF HONOR $5 MS 70
    014 2011 P MEDAL OF HONOR $5 MS 70 >>

You did very well indeed! Congrats.
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    Any new numbers??

Is 8822 the final sales number?
  • Options

<< <i>Any new numbers??

Is 8822 the final sales number? >>

Unconfirmed, but I believe that's a wrap.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Any new numbers??

Is 8822 the final sales number? >>

Unconfirmed, but I believe that's a wrap. >>

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing the little * by the number in NN.
  • Options
    I think we have a winner in this coin with that mintage, lowest 1 ounce gold coin since the 1930's.
  • Options
    Sold one on ebay NGC 69 for 2150. Buyer is returning because it has a nick in the rim image I keep thinking that is probably the best thing that could have happened to me. Taking it as a sign and will just put it back in long term storage image
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options

<< <i>Sold one on ebay NGC 69 for 2150. Buyer is returning because it has a nick in the rim image I keep thinking that is probably the best thing that could have happened to me. Taking it as a sign and will just put it back in long term storage image >>

It's a 69. What was he expecting? By definition it has some minor flaw.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Sold one on ebay NGC 69 for 2150. Buyer is returning because it has a nick in the rim image I keep thinking that is probably the best thing that could have happened to me. Taking it as a sign and will just put it back in long term storage image >>

It's a 69. What was he expecting? By definition it has some minor flaw. >>

Buyer wasn't to shift. I bet it was a very minor production flaw. Probably not post production. Well it's probably a long term plus for you, since it's a decent coin.
  • Options
    Backordered - shipping on 2/19 now... Likelihood?
    This is so fun
  • Options

<< <i>Backordered - shipping on 2/19 now... Likelihood? >>

very little to none. I have quite a few on order, not counting on them.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    My backorder is completely filled (3 coins) image
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options

<< <i>My backorder is completely filled (3 coins) image >>

is this from you 1/12 order?

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My backorder is completely filled (3 coins) image >>

is this from you 1/12 order? >>

Yes, the only order.
    BST reference: wondercoin, cone10, fivecents, jmdm1194, goldman86
  • Options
    My 1/13 order for six keeps getting pushed back, maybe there is hope, but I seriously doubt it.

I knew I should have bought more than a couple. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    It just occured to me this puts a serious damper on the price of the 2008-W 1 oz. burnished AGE, which had been the king of the short unburnished series. They're probably worth spot now.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options

<< <i>It just occured to me this puts a serious damper on the price of the 2008-W 1 oz. burnished AGE, which had been the king of the short unburnished series. They're probably worth spot now. >>

It will continue to be the second least minted of ALL gold eagles and will continue to draw a great premium. It's size makes it cheaper than the new king, even at high $10 premiums and still low $50 premiums.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    I think he was talking about the 1 ounce 08 not the 1/4 08.
    Backorder date To 2/20 now.
    It was a 1/14 order :-/
    Lol
    This is so fun
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2011 W $50 AGE order: Order Date:01/13/2012 at 12:08 AM

I guess I barely missed the cut off date.
  • Options
    hey fivecents, your order beat mine on 1/13 by 11 minutes!! if you get yours, and I don't get mine, I'm gonna have to set my watch ahead by 15 minutes for the rest of my life !!!

good luck to all !

Mark
  • Options
    Keeps getting pushed back... When do you all think this coin will take off?
    This is so fun
  • Options

<< <i>When do you all think this coin will take off? >>

It has already seen a significant bump on slabbed 70s ($2500ngc/$2800pcgs), but if you're waiting for this thing to take off you may be waiting for some time. *If* the mint announces that they're not going to release a 1oz burnished coin in 2012 than I would expect to see this coin pull closer to $3K, but otherwise it's probably going to hang around at its current level for sometime. I could only afford a couple of these and would love to see them take off, but when you consider the fact the prior 1oz AGE "key" was trading not too far from melt recently than it becomes clear there aren't that many 1oz collectors. Still, being the key to the entire AGE series thus far is significant in my eyes so for the moment I'm content with sitting on mine and seeing where they go.

• Options
    When comparing the 2011-W $50 to the 2008-W $10 it will help to consider................

1) The 2008-W $10 cost as I recall $300 for 1/4 oz of gold.

2) There has been an almost 70% rise in value of the gold content alone since the 2008-W was issued.

3) The collector dynamics for the fractional coins are different than for the continuing 1 ounce $50 coins.

4) Simply because of cost considerations there are more collectors for lower denomination coins than for 1 ounce examples.

5) Almost all of the discontinued fractional gold uncirculated W eagles sell at significant premiums.

IMO those hoping the 2011-W $50 will see a 4 fold increase in value similar to the 2008-W $10 are likely to be very disappointed unless there is a similar 70% rise in value of base gold (Think $2,900 oz spot) and a US mint decision to discontinue the 1 ounce coins.
  • Options

<< <i>

It's a 69. What was he expecting? By definition it has some minor flaw. >>

Exactly but once in a while that happens on the bay.
    Currently working with nurmaler. Older transactions....circa 2011 BST transactions Gecko109, Segoja, lpinion, Agblox, oldgumballmachineswanted,pragmaticgoat, CharlieC, onlyroosies, timrutnat, ShinyThingsInPM under login lightcycler
  • Options

<< <i>IMO those hoping the 2011-W $50 will see a 4 fold increase in value similar to the 2008-W $10 are likely to be very disappointed unless there is a similar 70% rise in value of base gold (Think $2,900 oz spot) and a US mint decision to discontinue the 1 ounce coins. >>

2X spot works just fine for me. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>IMO those hoping the 2011-W $50 will see a 4 fold increase in value similar to the 2008-W $10 are likely to be very disappointed unless there is a similar 70% rise in value of base gold (Think $2,900 oz spot) and a US mint decision to discontinue the 1 ounce coins. >>

Yah, 2X spot seems a realistic target. Fire away.image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the Mint announces the sale of burnished 2012-W $50's @ around $1,950/coin, anyone out there think the 11-W will sell for more than 10% above that figure at least until the 2012-W mintage exceeds the 2011-W (if that ever happens)?

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    If the 2011-W ends up the new low mintage king, then on the coattails of that publicity, the 2012 will sell more. --Jerry
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Depends if they mint the 2012 by demand in batches. Seemed the 2011 went on backorder a couple of times. Not sure if they were minting more because of the backorder or just a shipping delay from the mint.
  • Options
    I finally got around to opening my backordered 2011-W that arrived sometime last week. I was contemplating keeping it sealed, but couldn't resist. It definitely is not a return. Absolutely gorgeous coin with a strong strike.
  • Options
    The one I got from the Apmex "25" has a small scratch...no surprise there, but wonder what that makes it worth?image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file