Home Precious Metals
Options

GOLD AND SILVER, ECONOMIC NEWS, COINS, 2016

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> If you distrust the numbers then check out the Shanghai exchange and/or Chinese gold imports. >>

I took your advise and found nothing to substantiate Jesse's Cafe article. To the contrary, Chinese imports of gold appear to be on the decline.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> If you distrust the numbers then check out the Shanghai exchange and/or Chinese gold imports. >>

I took your advise and found nothing to substantiate Jesse's Cafe article. To the contrary, Chinese imports of gold appear to be on the decline. >>

Considering there are multiple inputs to Chinese gold imports, you may have left some things out. One only has to look at the Chinese SGE withdrawals over the past 6 years to show that it's been steadily growing. And everything that legally comes into China or is mined in China, has to be sold through the SGE (ie withdrawals).

Did you try this source???

SGE deliveries 2009-date

The reason the amount of gold withdrawn from the SGE is the best barometer of demand for gold in China is that, by law, all gold bought and sold in China must be transacted through the People’s Bank of China. The PBOC uses the SGE for this purpose. However, this does not represent the total amount of annual gold demand in China because it does include any gold purchased by the PBOC, as the PBOC does not have acquire its gold from the SGE.

Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I took your advise and found nothing to substantiate Jesse's Cafe article. To the contrary, Chinese imports of gold appear to be on the decline. >>

Keep in mind that China does not export any of it's gold production. Imports are in addition to what it mines for itself.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Considering there are multiple inputs to Chinese gold imports, you may have left some things out. One only has to look at the Chinese SGE withdrawals over the past 6 years to show that it's been steadily growing. And everything that legally comes into China or is mined in China, has to be sold through the SGE (ie withdrawals).

Did you try this source???

SGE deliveries 2009-date

The reason the amount of gold withdrawn from the SGE is the best barometer of demand for gold in China is that, by law, all gold bought and sold in China must be transacted through the People’s Bank of China. The PBOC uses the SGE for this purpose. However, this does not represent the total amount of annual gold demand in China because it does include any gold purchased by the PBOC, as the PBOC does not have acquire its gold from the SGE. >>

Thanks for the links, but they are dated....no reference to the alleged late July or early August transaction as reported by Jesse's Cafe.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Gold is tied to commodities following cheap oil my take. I really wanna buy~then again I think better buys ahead.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think we'll see a low some time in August. $1000 gold is probably coming, with probably a small overshoot down to $980's or so. That could be a back-up-the truck moment.
  • Options
    This guy writes for the WSJ. From gold and miners are undervalued at $1800+/oz to gold is a "pet rock" at $1090. Good value for your subscription fee. image

World's worst market timer?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, I'm sure that most of the subscribers of the WSJ read the paper primarily for the opinion on the gold market image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options

<< <i>yeah, I'm sure that most of the subscribers of the WSJ read the paper primarily for the opinion on the gold market image >>

My brother has followed the markets as a "hobby" for the past 35 years, starting with Robert Prechter in the early 1980's. He uses the WSJ a lot for data mining, including the gold articles, gold charts, gold sentiment, etc. He sends them to me all the time since I don't subscribe. I suspect a LOT of people do read the WSJ for opinions on the gold market....fwiw. I doubt they read Jim Sinclair or Martin Armstrong.

Article proving there is no inflation....lol.

I haven't checked in very recently on the various CPI's in play since 1980. US govt official figures are barely above 0%. The 1990 BLS model (pre-Clinton) shows CPI at >3%....probably not far from reality. The original 1980 model of the BLS still shows 7.5%. Clearly, of these 3, the "0% model" seems out of touch with reality. Even while commodity prices are reduced, there are lots of other things out there rising strongly in price as Smith shows. Too bad the FRED doesn't do a chart on the price of medical care. And even in the US has a 0-3% inflation rate, half the world has a rate of >4%.

Current and alternate CPI's

Why the CPI was revamped in the 1990's
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>yeah, I'm sure that most of the subscribers of the WSJ read the paper primarily for the opinion on the gold market image >>

I'm not afraid to admit I read it for the pictures. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think we'll see a low some time in August. $1000 gold is probably coming, with probably a small overshoot down to $980's or so. That could be a back-up-the truck moment. >>

@PC: August of 2015?
  • Options
  • Options
    Largest job layoffs in 4 years. What gives - Challenger, Gray and Christmas? This doesn't fit with what the fiat bugs have been spouting recently. ???? 106K layoffs in June?

------

10 tonnes left on the Comex? Russia bought 20 tonnes last month. image ..............wait a minute derryb.....that's a ZH link. So it can't be true. image.....and on the internet to boot.
  • Options

<< <i>wait a minute derryb.....that's a ZH link. So it can't be true. .....and on the internet to boot. >>

rr for once and most likely the only time, we agree on something.image
  • Options
    Besides yesterday's surprise 1.9% currency devaluation, the largest in over 20 years, the Chinese like Russia, are now reporting their currency reserves (including gold) on a monthly basis via their SAFE website (State Administration of Foreign Exchange). Interesting that their gold reserves were actually 5% higher in June. I wonder if linking to the website increases the odds your computer gets hacked in the near future?

SAFE?

Same old stuff, different day.

In early August, Goldmen Sacks and HSBC take physical possession of 7.1 tonnes of gold....at the same time telling their clients to sell/short as gold was still heading way down

I thought the fiat bugs said there was no gold demand? And India's gold imports were up 61% (155 tonnes) in April-May 2015 vs. the same period in 2014.
  • Options
    I thought the fiat bugs said there was no gold demand? And India's gold imports were up 61% (155 tonnes) in April-May 2015 vs. the same period in 2014

Well, I guess your talking about me since thats the pet name you have for me...I love you too...buts thats not what I said. I know you are the master of twist, but I believe I clearly stated that folks are spending less dollars on silver than they were in any of the last 4 years. Maybe we can eventually get an uptick sometime soon to appease the PM bugs. image

For the record, if I lived in India I would buy much more gold also. And lots more stocks, and real estate too. image

And regarding Russia.....http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/06/04/and-you-thought-the-russians-hated-the-u-s-dollar/

Yup, Russia is dumping Treasuries...lets rehash that BS while we're at it. LOL

• Options

<< <i>I thought the fiat bugs said there was no gold demand? And India's gold imports were up 61% (155 tonnes) in April-May 2015 vs. the same period in 2014

Well, I guess your talking about me since thats the pet name you have for me...I love you too...buts thats not what I said. I know you are the master of twist, but I believe I clearly stated that folks are spending less dollars on silver than they were in any of the last 4 years. Maybe we can eventually get an uptick sometime soon to appease the PM bugs. image

For the record, if I lived in India I would buy much more gold also. And lots more stocks, and real estate too. image

And regarding Russia.....http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2015/06/04/and-you-thought-the-russians-hated-the-u-s-dollar/

Yup, Russia is dumping Treasuries...lets rehash that BS while we're at it. LOL >>

For the record, you said demand was down. Of course, just like with charts, your statement can be viewed sideways to get the results one wants.

Rampant currency debasement will be the most important investment trend of this decade, and it will devastate most people.
    - Nick Giambruno
    Buy dollar insurance now, because the policy will cost more as the dollar becomes worth less.

• Options
    Demand is down over the last 4 years. Less crap fiat paper dollars are being exchanged for silver. Just as you don't know how to read charts, you don't know economics. image

• Options
    Russia and China are dumping treasuries....and buying 10-20 tonnes of gold each month. It's not a lot, but every bit helps.

If you checked some of the latest facts you'll find silver demand has escalated significantly the past few months. You were warned. image

I'm more interested in current market dynamics....not what happened 4 years ago with fiat vs. commods. Considering that 4 yrs is about half a business cycle....what could that mean? image

But I'm more than happy to debate/discuss what "happened 4-40 years ago" when fiateers try to rewrite history.
  • Options
    Streeter would be proud. image

Keep regurgitating the same old lies.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Thank you. image

• Options
    World silver deficit in 2012 and 2013.....https://www.silverinstitute.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/WSS2014Summary.pdf (link will not work here)

2015 expected to maintain a silver deficit

WGS expects silver production to be down in 2015 yet demand higher. Hmm, lower supply and more demand. Wonder what that leads to? Market dynamics?

In just March of this year, India imported $561.4 million worth of silver. In the same period a year ago, it imported $191.1 million worth of silver. This represents an increase of 194%! (Source: India’s Ministry of Commerce & Industry, last accessed May 6, 2015.). Someone is buying silver. image

If you only read the WSJ, Barron's, Streeter, and OPA, you'll never find a kind or accurate word on silver....lol. image

• Options
    That's OK, coho says silver demand is down.

- Nick Giambruno

• Options

<< <i>That's OK, coho says silver demand is down. >>

Then it must be so. Let it be said. Let it be done. .
  • Options

<< <i>Demand is down over the last 4 years. Less crap fiat paper dollars are being exchanged for silver. Just as you don't know how to read charts, you don't know economics. image >>

Charts are not read, they are interpreted. They are a snapshot of history, never the future.

I don't know your interpretation of economics. image

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    I've already admitted I don't know economics. It's a crackpot science....a mixture of psychology, sociology, media, and other behavioral sciences that economists try to force rules upon...that don't work. I opted out of my 2nd year Economics course because the prof couldn't teach the material. You can't learn something that is flawed right from the start. Economists were created to sit at the right hand of the politicians and comfort the people that things were under control. It's not much different than the Wizard of Oz assisting the Mayor of Munchkinland. If there weren't "some" charts and statistics tossed into an economics curriculum all you would have is behaviorial sciences 101. But, with govt/banks/hedge funds/media drones now the supply and the demand in most financial markets, there's no economics....and certainly no theory that holds any water.

Remember, these same guys gave us the fractional reserve, money multiplier and opaque otc derivatives...it doesn't get much more crack pot than that. Keynes was wrong. You CAN fool ALL 1 MILLION people, all the time. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That's OK, coho says silver demand is down. >>

Then it must be so. Let it be said. Let it be done. . >>

Your theory of economics would dictate that increased demand translates to higher prices. That obviously hasn't happened. So either your theory is wrong of you are going to cop out to some manipulation or conspiracy theory. Believers of the latter either lack understanding of the subject or they demonstrate profound arrogance and paranoia. Have you ever met a humble conspiracist?

• Options

<< <i>...Your theory of economics would dictate that increased demand translates to higher prices. That obviously hasn't happened. So either your theory is wrong of you are going to cop out to some manipulation or conspiracy theory. Believers of the latter either lack understanding of the subject or they demonstrate profound arrogance and paranoia. Have you ever met a humble conspiracist? >>

You apparently can't read. I have no theory on economics. There is nothing to theorize. It's just manipulated bunk. Now if you want to discuss a real science, we can do that.

I've never met a conspiracist until running into Cohodk. It seems to be in every post you write. You seem to be obsessed with that word, to the point of bordering on madness. You'd have made a good economics professor. You seem to obsessed with the fact that there can't be any massive manipulations/managements in the PM markets. And the proof is so obvious that everyone but you sees it. Guess that makes you an anti-conspiracy conspiracist (ACC).

The article I posted on silver stated increasing demand and decreasing supply. I know what that leads to, even if you don't. Market dynamics 101.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Demand is down over the last 4 years. Less crap fiat paper dollars are being exchanged for silver. Just as you don't know how to read charts, you don't know economics. image >>

Charts are not read, they are interpreted. They are a snapshot of history, never the future.

I don't know your interpretation of economics. image >>

I've already that otherwise, but you make predictions of what will happen in the future based on history, so what's the difference? To criticize my methodology is to criticize yours.

• Options
    You have never shown any proof. Show me where JPM actually owns such derivatives. Burden of proof is on you. And please don't link to some conspiracy or manipulation blog.

Show me some hard evidence and I will believe. Show me opinion based on some construed or massaged "information" and I will fervently dispute and discredit.

Wanna make me shut up? Provide proof.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...Your theory of economics would dictate that increased demand translates to higher prices. That obviously hasn't happened. So either your theory is wrong of you are going to cop out to some manipulation or conspiracy theory. Believers of the latter either lack understanding of the subject or they demonstrate profound arrogance and paranoia. Have you ever met a humble conspiracist? >>

You apparently can't read. I have no theory on economics. There is nothing to theorize. It's just manipulated bunk. Now if you want to discuss a real science, we can do that.

I've never met a conspiracist until running into Cohodk. It seems to be in every post you write. You seem to be obsessed with that word, to the point of bordering on madness. You'd have made a good economics professor. You seem to obsessed with the fact that there can't be any massive manipulations/managements in the PM markets. And the proof is so obvious that everyone but you sees it. Guess that makes you an anti-conspiracy conspiracist (ACC).

The article I posted on silver stated increasing demand and decreasing supply. I know what that leads to, even if you don't. Market dynamics 101. >>

I think most of the people who don't believe the markets are manipulated are victims that refuse to use common sense and logic. They have so much blind faith in a corrupt system that they can't possibly accept that it's rigged. Sort of like a child being told Santa is not real. I guess they should be pitied.
  • Options
    Speaking of rigging....US Treasury debt limit "freeze" March-Oct

Can't the SOT just "freeze" this into perpetuity? Problem solved. All those sites with debt clocks aren't even right....lol. The "broken" clock is now correct every minute of the day. That iwatch ain't worth squat now. image
  • Options
    Did the Final War Just Start?

Haven't read Sinclair for quite some time. But this lead article today on Chinese yuan devaluation is from that site. A number of the articles on the lead page are worthy. I read the one on the Govt as a Job Destroyer for a guy who wanted run a small bagel shop in Nevada. He ran into so much expense and regulatory red tape he had to shut it down before ever starting. Then there's dark pool trader ITG and its Project Omega where they just got gigged by the SEC for front-running their client's orders from 2010-2011 and making $Millions on "benign" HFT algo's. Never fear though. They will "settle" in private with the SEC and never do it again....lol. Maybe another one of those 1% wrist slaps and a 1 week time out from trading.
  • Options
    A victimized conspiracist that should be pitied.

That might just be my chosen title.

You guys illustrate a most precise definition of projectionism.

Thats some real funny sh--.

• Options

<< <i>A victimized conspiracist that should be pitied.

Thats some real funny sh--. >>

That's it! "The Projectionist"

- Nick Giambruno

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're unable to connect the dots after it's been clearly spelled out, then there's nothing more we can do. As your own tagline says, "you were warned..."
    Go ahead and keep on insisting that there are no lines connecting the dots.

And here's an observation: None of the current G7 central bank leaders have ever raised interest rates.
  • Options

<< <i>

If you're unable to connect the dots after it's been clearly spelled out, then there's nothing more we can do. As your own tagline says, "you were warned..."
    Go ahead and keep on insisting that there are no lines connecting the dots.

And here's an observation: None of the current G7 central bank leaders have ever raised interest rates. >>

I will probably never understand the mentality of making excuses in the face of the evidence, unless you are building a defense for the guilty party like a trial lawyer might do. As you say, all one has to do is connect the dots and it's pretty clear what is going on.
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    Yep, see that cloud up there?... Looks just like a bear...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Yes, connect the little dots in numerical order, make a picture.

Comprehend the picture.

Aaaand?

What?

Rant about it online image

• Options
    I guess you're just going to have to accept that I know more than you. Oh, the privileges offered the evil banksters. Lol

I will admit that this forum is becoming a bit boring and tiresome.

• Options

<< <i>Yes, connect the little dots in numerical order, make a picture.

Comprehend the picture.

Aaaand?

What?

Rant about it online image >>

I guess it's no different than the flip side that you represent, is it?
  • Options
    it sounds like you say, live your life because of these big problems with the world,
    while I say, live your life despite them.
    and that makes all the difference

• Options
    Or maybe I'm reading impaired. What exactly are you saying, Sultan?
    Try not to answer in vague tautologies, such as "They ought to fix it"

• Options
    streeterstreeter Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is this pick on Streeter day?

Have a nice day
  • Options
    I have not been here long enough to know all of the players, but I have came to one conclusion. This board consists of two teams. One team that points out the problems, and the other team that refuses to accept the evidence. Is there anyone on here that is a little bit on both sides that will at least acknowledge we are being fed a bunch of bull?
  • Options
    I acknowledge there is a bunch of BS being fed. And try as I might to expose the truth there are some that refuse to accept it.

• Options

<< <i>Yep, see that cloud up there?... Looks just like a bear... >>

That's all fine and dandy, but we all know it's a cloud as you stated.
  • Options

<< <i>I acknowledge there is a bunch of BS being fed. And try as I might to expose the truth there are some that refuse to accept it. >>

Your only exposing what you deem as truth. It doesn't make it so. Based on the evidence, you have been right on some stuff, but wrong on most.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I acknowledge there is a bunch of BS being fed. And try as I might to expose the truth there are some that refuse to accept it. >>

Your only exposing what you deem as truth. It doesn't make it so. >>

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I knew you had promise!!!

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Your only exposing what you deem as truth. It doesn't make it so. >>

Yes, yes, yes!!!! I knew you had promise!!! >>

I'm not even sure what you are talking about, but I gather that you think you know more than anyone else on here or something?
  • Options

<< <i>Or maybe I'm reading impaired. What exactly are you saying, Sultan?
    Try not to answer in vague tautologies, such as "They ought to fix it" >>

I think it's too far gone to fix it. That's the problem. It's like asking the wolf to guard the sheep at this point.