Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling Set....Ric Flair Fresh Scans Added

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@yankeeno7 said:
    Every time I see anything about these awesome cards it burns my a$$. I sent in a minty Koloff's to PSA about 3-4 years ago and came back with a smashed corner in a PSA 7 holder :(

Bummer.

Did you sell it for $175 on eBay?

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

@Dpeck100 said:

Bummer.

Did you sell it for $175 on eBay?

Yup, that was it.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

@Crashingwaves said:
    Awesome! Love your posts Dpeck100. I just picked up the 86 Carnation Road Warriors PSA 8 off eBay... and the 85 Wrestling All Stars Road Warriors Rookie Card SGC 84 (NM 7) as well. The Road Warriors and Robby Piper Rookies are what got me into WWF cards last year... now I cant stop. Sucks that I am buying during a 'sellers market' though.

Who is to say that it is too late? Cheap in comparison to other sports yet.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    CrashingwavesCrashingwaves Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

@wrestlingcardking said:

@Crashingwaves said:
    Awesome! Love your posts Dpeck100. I just picked up the 86 Carnation Road Warriors PSA 8 off eBay... and the 85 Wrestling All Stars Road Warriors Rookie Card SGC 84 (NM 7) as well. The Road Warriors and Robby Piper Rookies are what got me into WWF cards last year... now I cant stop. Sucks that I am buying during a 'sellers market' though.

Valid point.... I am used to MMA cards and paying that much for a non auto card seems like a lot.

Just hoping this is not a bubble about to pop... regardless, these cards are nostalgic to me and worth it.

• Options

@Crashingwaves said:

@wrestlingcardking said:

@Crashingwaves said:

Valid point.... I am used to MMA cards and paying that much for a non auto card seems like a lot.

Just hoping this is not a bubble about to pop... regardless, these cards are nostalgic to me and worth it.

There is getting to be more and more modern wrestling product and to me, that makes our older stuff just look that much better. :-)

Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

Just saw on my FB feed Road Warrior Animal has died. Ugh. RIP

I just saw him tweet a picture of his wife a day or so ago.

Reliable source. Promoter of the Jerry Lawler 50 year event in TN this weekend where he was going to be a guest.

• Options

I sold this card last week. It is one cool card.

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 23, 2020 6:29AM

Terrible news. The Road Warriors were the best tag team ever to me.

I didn’t care much for tag team wrestling until they came along. RIP.

• Options

10 1 48068697 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling the Road Warriors Card
    11 1 48068698 MINT 9 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling Rick Martel Card

The Road Warriors from the recent post graded an 8.5 and now is the highest graded. The Rick Martel graded a 9. I am guessing the minor issue on the back was the culprit and not enough to dock it to a wrinkle grade.

I paid $600 for the Martel 9 I had so nice to sub one myself.

In another thread I commented about the next Rick Martel and mentioned there was a surface issue on the front in the photo I didn't see and it was in the card. I wasn't sure how PSA would treat it so I sent it in Express and it came back a 6. This is what makes card grading tough is you just never know on some cards how they will treat them.

I recently won the Gem Mint 10 pack and the Martel on the front has a little chip on the right edge but the Road Warriors on the back looks like there is no wrinkle and the corners look sharp. Probably going to crack it searching for the elusive mint or higher grade.

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2021 4:21PM

these have no mass appeal at all, but i'll takem off your hands! 😉

i need to go find all my carnations along w those junk hogan and flair allstars we were discussing the other day. love the 82 flair, but this is by far my favorite card of his!

hopefully gary never discovers these.

• Options