Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling Set....Ric Flair Fresh Scans Added

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the first high grade Road Warriors card to ever be listed. It is a Pop 7 with none higher. Pretty wild that the seller listed it at $999.99 with no best offer feature. They also listed the Rick Martel. What a great pack they must have had.

Road Warriors

Rick Martel

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Why is that wild?
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Why is that wild? >>

Extremely high.

• Options
    halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭✭
    Just takes one strong bid
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • Options

<< <i>Just takes one strong bid >>

I certainly get that. As buy it now I just find it hard to believe someone will pull the trigger.

There are 7 of them in an 8 and I own 2. Naturally I would like to see it sell for the listed price but I am doubtful.

Time will tell.

• Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    The Rick Martel and The Road Warriors cards are mine. I just enabled the "Best Offer" feature.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options

<< <i>The Rick Martel and The Road Warriors cards are mine. I just enabled the "Best Offer" feature.

Kevin >>

Great looking cards. I wish you the best of luck.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Rick Martel and The Road Warriors cards are mine. I just enabled the "Best Offer" feature.

Kevin >>

Good luck with your auctions....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    I just listed the Rick Martel PSA 8 and The Road Warriors PSA in the BST forum for $600 each PayPal gift.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
  • Options
    WOW Bob.

I saw a nice Slaughter that sold a month or so back and see another 8 hit the pop report today.

Slaughter

Negative feedback rating selling blatantly obvious trimmed cards from orlando, not charleston. beware!!! u***0 ( 1985Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) May-05-14 15:34
    Reply by allen197811 (May-06-14 15:29):
    no way trimmed as seen in scans went out of way to ship while out of town
    Sergeant Slaughter 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling Card. Very Rare (#321392177580) US $150.00 View Item

You have a lot of nerve leaving this guy negative feedback.

Instead of throwing your stupid little temper tantrum you could have waited and just had the best set. Might as well load it and take over number 1.

What a punk move on your part. You should send that guy an apology.

Why did you bother to delete your insulting offer in the prior post?

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    What did I miss here?

I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options

<< <i>What did I miss here? >>

Go back a few pages and you will be brought up to speed.

After seeing this move by Bob now I am not at all shocked by his actions towards me.

• Options
    hilarious. card was trimmed and still have it from your buddy allen. will be glad to send it to ya! why don't you check amazon every once and a while and quit assuming that every carnation ends up on ebay. I also found an original carnation box unopened with the pack inside...

but yes, your down to number 2 again.....and I did it with out any lobbying!!!

whats your address? i'll send you this trimmed slaughter for free...wouldn't want you to un-wad those panties.

-sore loser

• Options
    but, to answer your question, dpecker...$190.
  • Options
    since dpeck wouldn't let me send it to him: I have put the exact trimmed card up for sale and would love someone from this list to buy it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251538850513?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

UPDATE:

david did supply his address and will be at his doorstep tomorrow via fedex # 770084236049. I assume he will be honest, see that the card was trimmed, give the apology SOLELY in regards to me leaving unwarranted negative feedback and we can be friends again.
  • Options
    I am glad these posts were made. Bob and I communicated and squashed our beef. I am pleased about that because he is an awesome collector and I have no desire to have any issues with anyone who shares the passion of card collecting.

Time to enjoy the holiday weekend.
  • Options

<< <i>Bob and I communicated and squashed our beef.

Time to enjoy the holiday weekend. >>

Good to hear!
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    due to my borderline ocd, I gotta 5 card starter set of carnations set to hit ebay tonight....just missing martel. straight auction w no reserve or buy it now option. grades range from 1.5 - 5.
  • Options
    and yes dpeck, it was extremely hard for me to include the flair in the set....
  • Options
    hey guys,

just an open warning in regards to these carnation cards....there's a slaughter on the bay right now from the same exact seller and the exact picture used in the previous one that was sold to me. I still have it, so just a heads up....

• Options
    Slaughter/Koloffs

Very solid price for this pack.

• Options
    makes that martel/road warriors pack I got look like a steal. wondering if it will be opened or submitted for as a pack. had my 3rd and final pack submitted which should be popping any day. gonna request all "pack" set.

assumptions
  • Options
    Not too many cards raw from the 1980s that sell for $300 plus raw......much less two!
  • Options

<< <i>Not too many cards raw from the 1980s that sell for $300 plus raw......much less two! >>

It is definitely a gamble when you can't see the front of the second card. If your goal is to get sharp cards this is a great route to go but the centering is all over the place and I have yet to find a Koloff's that has mint centering.

Pretty wild that just over three years ago a pack like this could be had for $20 or less.

• Options
    wild.
  • Options

<< <i>Yes I did.

He looked over the cards for me to see if there were any creases or surface wrinkles and found a crease on the Ric Flair.

I bought the re listed lot for $250. >>

Just for you Bob.

Didn't you buy a bunch of packs from this seller? He said you did.

• Options
    just for me? awe ya shouldn't have. but since ya did, allow me to stick your foot in your mouth for you:

yes, I bought the other 8 packs, but they werent listed on ebay and I didn't convince him to stop a listing with blatant lies. I contacted him to find out why the original listing was ended bc I was the high bidder...and it was because of you. he then offered me the other 8 packs after I dropped the real value prices on him! these are the 8 packs that helped me get the #1 spot the first time before you requested the set weight changed. you also falsely stated to the board earlier in this thread that these 8 packs were sold to a dealer...read on to see more of your false assumptions.

I also didn't call into psa to change weights around. which a. you stated I did. b. after a while you called in to have them changed....funny how you got mad when they were 1st changed, then you turn around and request to have them changed ONLY AND AFTER your subs came back insufficient. it was your last ditch effort and it only worked for a little while. ha!

and I also didn't call you out on a public message board stating I left neg feedback when the card got a psa 8 and overtook the 1 spot back in an honest fashion. that said card was even fedex'd to your house and you still couldn't even offer up an apology for your assumptions or for what you falsely stated about me in a public forum nonetheless. that was just plain immature on 2 fronts. the public forum thing and the fact you couldn't admit you were DEAD wrong. NOT ONLY THAT, THAT SHADY SELLER EVEN RELISTED THE CARD JUST A FEW MONTHS AGO....that proves you wrong again both by what you said and how you said it!

so how could it have gotten an 8

you are an absolute "punk" (word you used) who a. just stated that you purposely email folks to end auctions early b. cant admit when he's wrong. c. cant offer an apology when the evidence is actually at your freaking door.

sounds like the dpeck100isaclown handle was well deserved and abundantly true.

"and this makes me happy"

-dpeck100

• Options
    so, how does that foot taste?
  • Options
    sorry, board probs apparently
  • Options
    Sounds good Bob.

• Options
    hard to refute facts, david aka #2...which is why you didnt!
  • Options

<< <i>hard to refute facts, david aka #2...which is why you didnt! >>

I have nothing to add. Your obsession with me is comical.

Take care Bob.

• Options
    hilarious. i think your obsession w yourself and your cards are your problem.

...but let the record show that he didnt deny any of this, let alone admit he was dead wrong when the card was shipped to his house.

a grown man would admit his mistakes and offer an apology, which clearly you are neither grown nor a man.
  • Options
  • Options
    Kamala

Cool video and story. Interesting to hear the Andre situation.

• Options
    Horrible, all too familiar story. It is a shame how a multi-billion dollar company can be so callous to the plights of those who built it, on their very broken, battered bodies and lives.

It is all the more depressing to me since I am familiar with the historical backdrop. There was a time, at the beginning of the boom years, when a few of the more savvy "independent contractors" were pushing to form a union that would have protected them from the exploitation that so many of them them toiled under. Those at the very top, the very famous, mostly balding ones who still get cheers at center court at NBA games, and those that are billionaire CEO's, squashed it. And these still-young human beings, who thrilled and entertained and terrified so many of us, now can't possibly afford to purchase the very pieces of cardboard that bear their own likeness, weighed down as they are by more pressing concerns, if in fact they are still alive to experience them.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    PMKAYPMKAY Posts: 1,372 ✭✭

<< <i>Kamala

Cool video and story. Interesting to hear the Andre situation. >>

I'd rather pay this guy 179 dollars for his signature than Joe Montana.
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Great read and I'm looking forward to the book. It's great what his fans are doing.
  • Options

<< <i>Great read and I'm looking forward to the book. It's great what his fans are doing. >>

I enjoyed this article as well. Pretty sad to see where these guys struggle to this degree.
  • Options
    Just ordered my signed copy of the book. Can't wait until it arrives and I hope the money helps him!
  • Options
    pack set finally & officially complete:

23356544 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling Cello Pack Cello Pack Rick Martel-Top/the Road Warriors-Back

will post scans of all once i get this one in hand.
  • Options

<< <i>pack set finally & officially complete:

23356544 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 Carnation Major League Wrestling Cello Pack Cello Pack Rick Martel-Top/the Road Warriors-Back

will post scans of all once i get this one in hand. >>

Congrats on that great pack set!
  • Options

<< <i>pack set finally & officially complete:

will post scans of all once i get this one in hand. >>

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing the scans.
  • Options
    I have read a few articles that talk about this very rare wrestling figure. Here is a recorded sale on EBAY.

Kamala
  • Options
    Interesting. The moon on the belly makes it rare, right?
  • Options
    VERY happy to be making this post...today I walked into a store and saw these two beauties sitting on a shelf, raw. Thanks to this exact thread I knew right away what I was looking at.

Meet my two new friends:

• Options
    Awesome! How much they set you back?
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome! How much they set you back? >>

Thanks, I was quite pleased to find them. Believe it or not I didn't pay anything for them- I purchased a few other items and the guy offered to throw 'em in for me. I did not object image

After re-reading this entire thread I do have a few questions though:

1 - I understand the Martel & RW card came in the same pack. Then why is the RW card considered harder to find? Shouldn't the difficulty level of these two cards be equal?

2- Value. Is this set still blazing hot? I clicked around on ebay and can't make ends or tails of the pricing.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Awesome! How much they set you back? >>

Thanks, I was quite pleased to find them. Believe it or not I didn't pay anything for them- I purchased a few other items and the guy offered to throw 'em in for me. I did not object image

After re-reading this entire thread I do have a few questions though:

1 - I understand the Martel & RW card came in the same pack. Then why is the RW card considered harder to find? Shouldn't the difficulty level of these two cards be equal?

2- Value. Is this set still blazing hot? I clicked around on ebay and can't make ends or tails of the pricing. >>

What do you think the cards will grade?