Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official 1975 Topps Mini Thread

1515253545557»

Comments

• Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    I started to collect this set in graded form after I put together my raw set. Stopped to pursue another project and won't go back to this one. I have about 50 or so PSA 8 commons that I would like to sell as a group to raise a little cash and create some space. PM me if interested and I can provide numbers and pix if necessary.

PM Sent

Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, you're building a killer set. Good luck!

• Options
    Shamvette5Shamvette5 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

Recently secured.... With some sound advice, I've decided to leave this beauty intact.

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

Looking for 1975 mini PSA 10 or PSA 9. PM me with list and prices. Stay away from EBAY 13%+ fees!

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

A thank you to MrG. Easy fast purchase. Picked up just about all of my PSA 8's. Thanks and good luck with your set.

• Options

Looking for the following in PSA 8 or better:
    https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/mywanteditems

thanks!

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

@Shamvette5 said:
    I'm feeling very fortunate to have picked up these two beauties recently.... A couple more steps in a long journey.

man! You got two. Very tough cards at 10 especially the Doyle.I built my mini set and sold it a couple years ago. It’s retired in my PSA sets. It was a PSA 7 +. You have a nice but tough set to put together as several cards are miscut and cut too short .Good luck , it will be a nice challenge.

Good Luck

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    here are just a few samples. I've included the Yount which looks strong to me but Ill wait to hear what you have to say

They are nice cards PSA Was tough on my cards I would have to say a strait 7 to 7.5.
    I would take them any day.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

@fiveniner said:

@JRR300 said:
    here are just a few samples. I've included the Yount which looks strong to me but Ill wait to hear what you have to say

They are nice cards PSA Was tough on my cards I would have to say a strait 7 to 7.5.w.
    I would take them any day.

that's not too bad. I was hoping 8. I'm thinking of submitting a batch of those once PSA gets back to semi-normal. Just about the entire raw set I have are pack fresh....just dealing with the centering issues like most 70's Topps.

• Options
    rooksmithrooksmith Posts: 972 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Billy, is that your middle finger I see?

“When you don't know what you're talking about, it's hard to know when you're finished.” - Tommy Smothers
  • Options

Wow.... The Mini-World seems to have gone silent for some time. Not seeing much other than some unopened come up for sale occasionally.

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

I'm 10 cards away from putting a PSA 8-10 set up for auction. These last 8 have been very difficult to get in a PSA 8 thoughI
    338 Rich Stelmaszek
    557 Larry Gura
    50 Brooks Robinson
    345 Clay Carroll
    405 John Montague
    421 Mets Team
    481 Will McEnaney
    532 Gorman Thomas
    564 Tommy Davis
    570 Jim Wynn
    616 Rookie Outfielders

• Options

Mini Fans,

Not much of a "social poster," but I love this mini thread and would hate to see it disappear due to inactivity. Just a few 1975 Topps Mini thoughts:

Tim (et al.), we missed the "Guess what it will sell for?" game we usually throw out when a complete, high graded mini set hits the auction market. One of the big auction houses just sold a nice, completely graded set for $32,400 (premium included); all PSA 8 or better, with 187 PSA 9's. I thought that was a fantastic price. I do not recall ever seeing one sell for that high of a price. The PSA 8 (or better) singles market is very strong, even with the slight drop off that has occurred after the 2020 explosion. Some of the low pop 9's are selling for crazy, high prices.

Secondly, after numerous years in the 2nd spot on the Current Finest Registry List, "Tommie Tommie s ... Collection" has been bumped down to number 3. Welcome "natsturner" set! I hope some of the top folks take a few minutes to create a digital album. It would be great to see those 10's publicly displayed. By the way, the All-Time 2nd Spot still belongs to Henry's, "MintMoondog's ...". It will be a challenge for any of those top two spots ever being over taken.

Lastly, super cool to see Ryan Hoge in a leadership position at PSA. I recall him being a passionate Mini collector. He and I were neck and neck on the reg list for years. Who would have thunk it?

Well, would love to hear any Mini comments. Happy collecting one of the greatest sets of all-time!

Tony's 1975 Minis
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Tony, great to hear from you and hope all is well! I am avidly collecting still but haven't had an opportunity to upgrade my set of late, needing still about 50 cards in PSA 9, most of which are very low pops. And opening packs to self-submit is no longer financially feasible!

Still love the set as much as always and happy to see that prices have remained strong over the years and even increased in value for most cards, especially the stars.

I collect unopened primarily, but always on the lookout for 75 minis, too! Cool to see Ryan at the helm at PSA now, also. I remember his set well and he had some beauties in there! Still remember when he caught that run of centered wax packs from Steve years ago and cleaned him out to rip them all!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Glad to see people posting here! I jumped into the minis 18 months ago, and I'm five away from completing the set in PSA 8s - 10s (actually I only have 1 - 10). I'm #21 on the registry but just absolutely love collecting minis. I'm currently putting together multiple raw sets. Encouraging my nephew's collection hobby with lots of cards being sent in the mail!

• Options

@10sThyme said:
    Glad to see people posting here! I jumped into the minis 18 months ago, and I'm five away from completing the set in PSA 8s - 10s (actually I only have 1 - 10). I'm #21 on the registry but just absolutely love collecting minis. I'm currently putting together multiple raw sets. Encouraging my nephew's collection hobby with lots of cards being sent in the mail!

Welcome to the group! Lots on mini lovers here! Cool avatar!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

NEED THESE 4 CARDS IN PSA 8
    145 Ken Holtzman
    405 John Montague
    481 Will McEnaney
    532 Gorman Thomas
    Thanks!

• Options

Hey mini collectors! Just caught up on the latest activity here. Happy to see the community is still after it. Nat Turner just moved up to #2 on active sets. He's been talking about it non stop for the last month. I've still got my 2 raw sets and I've started building another graded set after breaking up my original one a few years back. Still can't get enough of the 75 minis.

Ryan Hoge - PSA President, IG: @maysmantle

• Options

Thank You Ryan! I have a long ways to go to catch Nate. My Ranking is number 46

• Options

@10sThyme said:
    NEED THESE 4 CARDS IN PSA 8
    145 Ken Holtzman
    405 John Montague
    481 Will McEnaney
    532 Gorman Thomas
    Thanks!

PM sent.

• Options

Sports Market Report magazine with Kansas City Royals Hall of Fame 3rd basemen George Brett on the cover! The magazine is from October 2007 Bought this at a flea market. Has a great story on 1975 Topps minis on PSA Set Registry. Wish the Prices were the same in 2023 as they were in 2007.

• Options

Hey Mini fans! That’s my PSA 9 George Brett card on the cover of that 2007 edition of the SMR. I upgraded to a PSA 10 several years back. Kevin Glew interviewed me for that story on the 75 Topps Mini’s! Very nice guy! Most of the cards displayed in the story are from my set. It’s been over 20 years since I started building my initial collection of graded 75 Mini’s. I now have two complete graded sets, and part of a third. Also have a pretty nice raw set. Pretty cool 75 Mini’s coming up on the 50th Anniversary of its release! Amazing set! Putting my 75 Mini set together has been one of the many joys of my life! I have been truly blessed. It’s been great to see so many other collectors enjoying this great set.
    Happy Collecting everyone! ;)

• Options

@MiniMaster said:
    Hey Mini fans! That’s my PSA 9 George Brett card on the cover of that 2007 edition of the SMR. I upgraded to a PSA 10 several years back. Kevin Glew interviewed me for that story on the 75 Topps Mini’s! Very nice guy! Most of the cards displayed in the story are from my set. It’s been over 20 years since I started building my initial collection of graded 75 Mini’s. I now have two complete graded sets, and part of a third. Also have a pretty nice raw set. Pretty cool 75 Mini’s coming up on the 50th Anniversary of its release! Amazing set! Putting my 75 Mini set together has been one of the many joys of my life! I have been truly blessed. It’s been great to see so many other collectors enjoying this great set.
    Happy Collecting everyone! ;)

You have been an inspiration to me and also help to motivate me to collect the 1975 Topps Minis

• Options
    CalamityToddCalamityTodd Posts: 70 ✭✭
    edited January 18, 2024 7:40AM

I've been collecting 75 Minis since 2010. The first Mini I bought was #140 Steve Garvey and it is still one of my favorites. My set is currently sitting at #30. Luckily, I focused on some of the tougher 8's when I started. Many of them would be crazy difficult for me to acquire now.

There was an old/deleted 75 Mini thread back then that was a wealth of information and a lot of fun to follow. It would be nice to know how some of those guys/gals are doing.

1975 Topps Minis, 1964 Topps
  • Options

@CalamityTodd said:
    I've been collecting 75 Minis since 2010. The first Mini I bought was #140 Steve Garvey and it is still one of my favorites. My set is currently sitting at #30. Luckily, I focused on some of the tougher 8's when I started. Many of them would be crazy difficult for me to acquire now.

There was an old/deleted 75 Mini thread back then that was a wealth of information and a lot of fun to follow. It would be nice to know how some of those guys/gals are doing.

I'm still here! Haven't upgraded any cards lately but still enjoy following the set and still have mine. The days of opening packs, now that a PSA 8 75 mini wax is about $350, are long gone, though.

• Options

I started out building a graded set of the minis but have abandoned this project. Been listing a few here and there on EBAY, but thought I'd mention it here to see if I can help anyone. I probably have about 40 cards total, 10 PSA 9's and about 30 PSA 8's. If you're building a set or looking to upgrade a card or two, please PM me and I'll see if I can help out.

• Options

Glad to see this thread got jump started again. This week I FINALLY finished my registered mini set with every card between 8's and 9's. I can't afford any 10's these days - the cheapest 10 seems to still fetch 300.00 or more. My set is #13 Shake & Bake. The last card I needed to upgrade was that #277 Taveras bastard.
    I have over 50 mini PSA 8's to trade / sell - especially if anyone has 9's to trade.

• Options

@Topps1975 said:
    Glad to see this thread got jump started again. This week I FINALLY finished my registered mini set with every card between 8's and 9's. I can't afford any 10's these days - the cheapest 10 seems to still fetch 300.00 or more. My set is #13 Shake & Bake. The last card I needed to upgrade was that #277 Taveras bastard.
    I have over 50 mini PSA 8's to trade / sell - especially if anyone has 9's to trade.

Congrats on the accomplishment!!I loved 75's but really have no idea what I wanted to collect being I have Minis, OPC and Topps. I think I'll grade what I have (just missed the 70s special) and take it from there. I may end up with a few cards that could fund other interests.

• Options

Baseballcardman,

I’m glad to see that you have found inspiration from this thread. Collecting the 75 Topps Mini’s in graded form has been quite the adventure for myself, and many fellow collectors. In a way, this thread is a window to view the many thoughts and expressions of passion collectors have had for this amazing set! For many years this was one of the most popular threads on the Collectors Forum. Wishing you continued success and happiness with your collection and life.

• Options
    PatriotTradingPatriotTrading Posts: 191 ✭✭✭

I bit the bullet finally. After a decade I'm sending in over almost 150 mini's to grade. All pack-pulled by me. Almost another combined 150 between Topps and O-Pee-Chee. All separated between 3 orders. May the 9 and 10 God's bless me.

• Options

good luck! May the grading gods shine down on you.

• Options

Good luck! Temper your expectations, those are 2 tough issues.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    good luck! May the grading gods shine down on you.

Thanks!

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Good luck! Temper your expectations, those are 2 tough issues.

I only picked the best from all those wax pack breaks and a cell box break I did a decade ago. I just saw a PSA reveal with someone getting a bunch of 8's and 9's. I'd argue mine are just as good or better! I'm sure I'll get PSA 7s for saying that now. :)

• Options

Hi All. First post here but not new to the world of minis. I remember liking them when I was a kid and I still don't understand why there isn't a much bigger premium for minis compared to the regular issue Topps set.

Anyways, I started building a semi serious set a couple of years ago. My set pales in comparison to most of the ones here. I have around 60 PSA graded minis and a few SGCs, average grade just under 8. My focus has been to have the worst card in the set be legit NMT+ and that has proven to be extremely challenging and fun. The factory short cuts are brutal, and there are probably 10+ cards in this set that are super duper tough to find in legit 8+ range, probably because you guys are hoarding all the good ones ha ha ha. In terms of #s off the top of my head: #16, 55, 143, 160, #277, #253, 339, 380, 405, 564, 603, of course 647 and countless others. In terms of star cards, some of the HLs, Garvey, Schmidt, Brooks R., Gibson, even Ryan are very tough.

Looking for 380 and 405 in particular in PSA 8 range if anyone can help. I also have a list of 40-50 cards that I'm hoping to improve and find better centering for, raw or graded. If you have any extras that fit the bill please IM me. Thank you!

• Options

Welcome JPerl - I have some of those cards to sell or trade. Mini set will rise over time due to how rare they are to get in high PSA grade! I will shoot you my contact info.