Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Official 1975 Topps Mini Thread

Comments

• Options
    picklepetepicklepete Posts: 414 ✭✭✭✭

Just looked, centering as u would expect.. damn..

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mistakenly bought these thinking they were the regular size; would they help any of you? Centering is off on most, but the Dave Freisleben is the best-centered one and has no print dots of any kind.

• Options
    Jasme11Jasme11 Posts: 31 ✭✭

Just a follow up (and shameless plug), I have listed on EBAY part two of my "8 or better set" (cards 331-660, along with some stragglers from part 1). So glad to see many of the cards going into registry sets. I have a whole new appreciation for any person that takes on the endeavor of scanning and listing an entire graded set (WHEW!!!). I now hate the phrase: "From a Set Break." No wonder why auction houses charge what they charge. I have also learned (or maybe confirmed) that PSA is the top dog by far. Some really nice SGC cards do not even get looked at, while PSA rocks. I guess the cost of crossing over and time it takes to get bulk orders back has had its effect. Sincerely, I want to thank you all very much for all the feedback, direct messages, and purchases. Take care and stay safe and well. I'm sure glad to have sports cards to keep the television set off and my mind away from this mess we are all in...

Tony's 1975 Minis
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck, Tony!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

I have a handful of 75 minis for sale if anyone here is interested or needs any of the following cards:

PSA 9 #83 Merritt
    PSA 9 #318 McAnally
    PSA 9 #496 Frias
    PSA 9 #546 Knox
    PSA 9 #614 Rookie Pitchers

PSA 7 #178 Tovar
    PSA 7 #480 May

$65 shipped takes all 7 cards. Please PM me if interested or would like scans. Thanks!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Shamvette5Shamvette5 Posts: 23 ✭✭✭

I rarely post on this Forum, but thought I'd share...

I almost had a major "Oops!" moment... I live near Vacaville Ca and we recently had the LNU Complex fire roar through our area. Many homes were lost, including several of my neighbors. I had time to get the majority of my collection into our car and have it running and ready in case I decided I had to leave. I stayed to fight the fire and fortunately I managed to save our house. As I was putting the cards back in our house a couple of days later, I saw several boxes that I failed to grab in my haste. One of them had many of my 1975 Mini PSA 10's in them... Including the Yount!! I felt sick to my stomach knowing that this could have easily gone up in smoke. My 2 cents to all of you is to have a plan, which includes easily marked boxes, or some way to identify which are the critical one's to get out. Insurance too is a must, but I must admit, I'm only now in the market. I hope none of you are ever faced with this possibility, but being ready is a must.

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

Good advice, Jeff. Glad to hear your cards emerged unscathed!

I highly recommend Collect Insure to insure your collections. They are easy to work with, very responsive and very reasonable.

https://collectinsure.com/

• Options

If the set break over the past few days is any indication, the 1975 mini set is alive and well! Very impressive prices!

• Options

A long time ago in a galaxy far away I frequently posted on this thread. I apologize for staying away so long.....2 years 1 month 2 days. Good to hear of new mini collectors joining the mix! Continued success with your daunting endeavor. Tim.... wow what a magnificent PSA 10 George Brett card you have.....why is that card hiding in a PSA 9 holder?? Card grading Sacrilege is what I call that! The pics of your #143 Cliff Johnson, #500 Ryan, #460 NL Championship, and #326 Twitchell PSA 9’s are top shelf! Fine job scoring those amazing minis!
    Jeff....good to hear your Minis are ok!

• Options

You’re spot on Tim.... The past several nights are a confirmation that the 75 Topps Mini’s definitely remain in high demand. High end examples have become extremely difficult to come by unless there’s a set break like this. It’s been quite some time since I’ve enjoyed following the sale of Mini’s on eBay.
    How many did you pickup? I picked up 10.
    Shamefully my 3rd PSA 9 of #173 Rodgers, nearly cornering the market on that one having 3 of the 4 PSA 9’s 😳 The #1 Aaron HL was a nice example and upgraded my 2nd set. The others I picked up were 27- Reitz, 158-Grote, 160-Graig Nettles, 187-Doyles, 208-70’s MVP’s, 219-Herrmann, 398-Sosa, 407-Herb Washington, 497-Jim Nettles, and 588-Auerbach.

• Options

Thanks, T! I didn't go all out this time but managed to pick up 3 upgrades for my set: #268 McRae, #515 Sanguillen and #545 Williams. I had been looking for a nice, clean Williams that filled the holder without the yellow strip on the top edge for a long time. Congrats on your pickups!

• Options

FYI....I opened the wax pack that yielded your #545 Williams card. I submitted the card to PSA. I recognized the certification number right away. I sold it years ago before I decided to upgrade a second set. Thus why I was bidding on that card. Now that I know it’s in your set I feel a little better ;)
    On a side note.... I also submitted the only PSA 10 example of #545 Williams, also from a wax pack I opened.

• Options

Very pleased to hear that, T, and glad to add that one to my set as it fits in well with the "pack fresh" theme!

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I have a raw 75 mini set. One of the people I met on the B/S/T forum helped me out with the completion of this set. He had a number of pack fresh cards that I was able to buy from him, and some seem so nice that I'm tempted to submit. My old eyes are not so sharp anymore, so if I post a few of the best ones here, would some of you be kind enough to look them over and see if they are worth sending? I'll check back before posting pix of these cards. Thanks.

• Options

Sure, go ahead a post a few.

• Options

here are just a few samples. I've included the Yount which looks strong to me but Ill wait to hear what you have to say

• Options

Those are some nice cards. The Perry, Lee and Moose cards look especially sharp. Always tough to tell for certain from scans, but they look NM-MT+ to me, maybe even a bit better on the right day. The Yount is not quite as sharp, though nicely centered, maybe 6 or 7. Definitely worth subbing all of them, in my opinion, at least.

• Options

@grote15 said:
    Those are some nice cards. The Perry, Lee and Moose cards look especially sharp. Always tough to tell for certain from scans, but they look NM-MT+ to me, maybe even a bit better on the right day. The Yount is not quite as sharp, though nicely centered, maybe 6 or 7. Definitely worth subbing all of them, in my opinion, at least.

thanks. I realized the Yount wasn't as nice as the others, but still very good with decent "eyes'.

• Options

Anyone out there trying to put this set together PSA Graded with extra's? I have about 65% of the Set and tons of extras to trade. Most of my extras are PSA 8.0 with no qualifiers. Message me if you have interest.

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

Great thread. I don't really collect '75 minis but appreciate them. I have three '75 Rose 320 minis in the grading process right now and am anxious to see how they fare. FWIW - they arrived in early August, were entered in early Sept, and have been in grading for more than three months now (Economy). I did have a sub move from grading to QA2 in a couple of days recently so there is hope!

• Options

I submitted cards to PSA that were accepted in Oct and when I called them last week they said to expect Approximately April - Whoa!!!! I sent in a regular Rose I hope to get a 9 on - 8.5 at a minimum. Same with a Johnny Bench. I also sent in a Mini Frank Tanana that I think has a shot for a 9 also.

• Options

@Topps1975 said:
    I submitted cards to PSA that were accepted in Oct and when I called them last week they said to expect Approximately April - Whoa!!!! I sent in a regular Rose I hope to get a 9 on - 8.5 at a minimum. Same with a Johnny Bench. I also sent in a Mini Frank Tanana that I think has a shot for a 9 also.

I would definitely be interested in purchasing the Tanana if it grades PSA 9. Good luck!

• Options

Last call to trade PSA 8 Minis before I put them on Ebay next week. I have over 200 extras and I would love to connect with others trying to put this set together and trade.

• Options

For any of you trying to put this 1975 Mini Set together, I just put 208 PSA graded cards on ebay - all 1975 Minis. 95% of them are graded 8.0 with no qualifiers. They are all in order and the auction will go until next weekend - Ends March 6th and 7th. Starting bids are at 6.50 with combined shipping available. Some stars and some low pop hard to find cards are in the lot. Here is a Pic of some:

• Options

Beauties, Jeff!

• Options

Wow - any 1975 Mini PSA 10 is a rare find! Congrats on the pick ups!

• Options
    edited April 7, 2021 2:03PM

I kind of did a thing.... Wishing I would have done this sooner, but never seemed like the right time. With the trend in sports cards, I figured better late than never...

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

You are on a good run......

1975 Topps Minis, 1964 Topps
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@Shamvette5 said:

Wow!

• Options

Stunning card, Jeff!

• Options

Crazy cool Card Jeff - congrats!! FYI - I just saw the Robin Yount PSA 10 Dimitri Young Collection card just sold on Ebay last week.

• Options

Heads up for any trying to put the PSA Graded Mini Set together! I have 100 different single PSA Mini's auctioning off on Ebay currently - all are NQ and most are graded PSA 8 NM-MT. Starting Bid is 5.50 per card - combined shipping available. Included are HOF cards like #1 Hank Aaron, #300 Reggie Jackson, etc...

• Options
    MiniMasterMiniMaster Posts: 505 ✭✭

Congrats Jeff on your recent “kind a did a thing” ;)

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting 1975 Topps Mini BB-related story a few days ago by Rich Mueller in Sports Collectors Daily:

Basically, some time in the 1980s, one collector traded away his 1916 Herpolsheimer's Babe Ruth card, in exchange for a 1975 Topps Mini set. BAD MOVE!!!!!; although he obviously felt good about it at the time. Last Thursday morning, the Ruth card sold for $328,800 through Clean Sweep Auctions.

Full Story:

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/babe-ruth-rookie-card-traded-for-1975-topps-mini-set-brings-328800-at-auction/

Steve

• Options

Welcome home Manny. There are manny mota get out there.. (sorry for the bad pun)

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

I came across a couple dozen of PSA 8-9 Topps 1975 Baseball minis. I was thinking about collecting the set but it's going to be too expensive for me to complete. I have decided to make them available for trade to anyone who might be interested. Send me a PM.

• Options

Still loving this set as much as always but miss being able to sub my own pack fresh cards for my set.

• Options

Just arrived today.... Planning on leaving in PSA holder as I'm working on a PSA graded Unopened set as far back as I can afford.

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

Many thanks to Mark Souza for making this available and the Yaz for Yaz trade!

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

Looking for PSA graded (8,9 or 10) 1975 mini >620, 600, 531, 514, 460, 421, 407, 400, 369, 345, 331, 322, 307, 277, 260, 245, 245, 228, 227, 210, 196, 195, 192, 186, 178, 163, 150, 143, 140, 130, 103, 75, 70, 58, 56, 55, 50, 23, 16

PM with offers. Also looking for big lots of PSA for starter set.

• Options

A couple of good cards came up for auction recently... felt fortunate enough to have picked one up:

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

I started to collect this set in graded form after I put together my raw set. Stopped to pursue another project and won't go back to this one. I have about 50 or so PSA 8 commons that I would like to sell as a group to raise a little cash and create some space. PM me if interested and I can provide numbers and pix if necessary.

• Options

Mail day this past Saturday. Got lucky on a couple....

Jeff Shamrock
  • Options

Congrats on the amazing additions, Jeff!

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭

Exquisite HOFers.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets