Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Heritages owns 30% of NGC

1235»

Comments

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The official over/under on this thread is 400. I'm taking the over. >>

Little over a half way there. Maybe someone will resurect it again in 2 1/2 years to get to 400. image
    Paul
  • Options
    AberlightAberlight Posts: 384 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>..... I am curious of the value seen in NGC vs Collectors Universe. >>

As NGC is privately held, it is not required to make its books available to the public. >>

True it is privatly held but still they choose NGC due to seeking value over PCGS which ownership could have been solicited from any major share holder(s).
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>..... I am curious of the value seen in NGC vs Collectors Universe. >>

As NGC is privately held, it is not required to make its books available to the public. >>

True it is privatly held but still they choose NGC due to seeking value over PCGS which ownership could have been solicited from any major share holder(s). >>

don't think that is the reason. NGC is privately held. Heritage is privately held. PCGS is a public company with SEC scrutiny. Why would Heritage want to take a big stake in a public company where they would have to divulge each and every trade and fill out endless SEC forms every quarter? Private companies don't want that public scrutiny.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>17% of my portfolio is in CLCT. Up 60% in less than a year. If only my PCGS graded coins would do so well. image Although, I'm to blame. I submitted them. >>

Good for you. I am surprised that more of the collectors here don't buy some CLCT. They submit 100's of coins every year but don't own any. Why not own enough so that the dividend pays for your Collectors Club, Coin Facts, and submission fees? Then instead of complaining about long submission times, they would realize they are benefitting from that. I've made enough off CLCT to literally put my kids through college. >>

But I did, back in 2009 when the price was around $3 a shareimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file