Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    darn, too late to make 15k myself...
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's not a question of reactivity. The problem is .999 is so soft, you've gotta be extremely careful. The last time I did it, I felt like I got abrasions drying with a soft kitchen towel. >>

After acetone followed by distilled water bath, only hot air to dry

• Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think PCGS grading standards have changed. That's why PCGS coins have the best value.

As an update, I got an email from APMEX yesterday that I am FINALLY getting my ATB set.

Also, I just got my grades on some 2011 pucks. The 2011 pucks were from Provident. PCGS received on 5-23.
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i> ...........
    I don't know about singles but I got a great looking roll of 10 Gettys from Provident and sent them all in for grading...... >>

When you sent them in, did you leave them in the tube or remove and place each in an airtite or slip?

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Who's going to crack out there high grades and see if they come back the same image >>

I had 4 yosemites 68dmpl cracked and dipped they looked twice as good took notes on scratches and spots could not tell which coins were which after dipping scratches went away they looked great . got 1-68 dimple back 2-67`s 1-66 so much for shooting for a 69. >>

How does acetone remove scratches? Doesn't seem possible as it would have to fill in the scratch... >>

they might have been smudges didn't remove all scratches but they looked a lot better after dipping this was my first dipping and i was impressed but the grades hurt i also sent in a yellowstone 69PL hopping for a dimple after dipping got a 67 pl back and had 68 dm hot spring come back 66 dm . ill have to try some non dipped regrades next ???
  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077

<< <i>I don't think PCGS grading standards have changed. That's why PCGS coins have the best value. >>

I'll know more on that next week. PCGS is sending my "lowball" 2010 pieces back today.

I am the owner of the 2 lowest graded PL pieces on record. A MS62PL and a MS63PL! These babies must be torn up.

I'll know as soon as I see them. They're either 6-7 points undergraded or have been damaged.
  • Options
    I have 8 best-looking 2010 ATBs picked from 6 sets (2 FT + 2 JH + 1 CNT + 1 MTB) at the PCGS eagerly waiting for outcome of this $400 gamble

They looked as good as the only Graded APMEX "D" set I've got and a few 2011 graded 69PL - will be interesting to compare when grades are out

I decided to leave 2 A-mark sets as they were received as they already slabbed and FS-stamped so I can grade them later if they prove worth grading down the road
  • Options
    How about some of you other dippers out there how did your grades turn out. This was my first try at dipping and thought it went well but my grades sure proved otherwise.
  • Options

<< <i> I had 4 yosemites 68dmpl cracked and dipped...got 1-68 dimple back 2-67`s 1-66.

sent in a yellowstone 69PL hopping for a dimple after dipping got a 67 pl back and had 68 dm hot spring come back 66 dm. >>

Seems like a lot more potential downside cracking and re-submitting, especially when you're already at a 69PL.

<< <i>ill have to try some non dipped regrades next ??? >>

You've either got money to burn or you don't learn lessons very easily.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> I had 4 yosemites 68dmpl cracked and dipped...got 1-68 dimple back 2-67`s 1-66.

sent in a yellowstone 69PL hopping for a dimple after dipping got a 67 pl back and had 68 dm hot spring come back 66 dm. >>

Seems like a lot more potential downside cracking and re-submitting, especially when you're already at a 69PL.

<< <i>ill have to try some non dipped regrades next ??? >>

You've either got money to burn or you don't learn lessons very easily. >>

Both
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I don't think PCGS grading standards have changed. That's why PCGS coins have the best value. >>

I'll know more on that next week. PCGS is sending my "lowball" 2010 pieces back today.

I am the owner of the 2 lowest graded PL pieces on record. A MS62PL and a MS63PL! These babies must be torn up.

I'll know as soon as I see them. They're either 6-7 points undergraded or have been damaged. >>

well..I have a 63 PL and a 63 DMPL!!!
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got my Pru set today.

Sent registered.

No notice was sent when it was shhipped. It just arrived.

stored in flips in a bubble mailer in a small priority flat rate box.

So, this last set will go in the the plat proof and the Yosemite Numispucks and some Olympics with the next round.... unless first strike for the Olympics is looming soon, then I'll send them in with the Olympics and not wait on anything.

These look like a wide range of >66 MS, PL and DMPL.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>These look like a wide range of >66 MS, PL and DMPL. >>

Yeah, that's probably what RH thought too.

May your pucks be 69s, the girls pretty and the beer cold.

Good luck! Let us know how your pucks grade.
  • Options
    My APMEX set finally arrived today. I was one of the first to order, as I placed my order before I even got the email that I was eligible to buy in the first round of this second release of ATB's.

I'm a "gold" customer. I think they lost my order though. They sent me the dregs. All PCGS BU.

What's the best place to sell this? APMEX is offering $1100.

Ebay going price is north of $1300, or about $1200 after fees. Anyone know of any better options?
  • Options

<< <i>Ebay going price is north of $1300, or about $1200 after fees. Anyone know of any better options? >>

eBay completed listings for these sets are in the $1300 to $1600 range lately with $1400 being about average. I'd take a shot with a $1450 BIN listing and hope to net $1275 after all fees and S&H.

A call to ModernCoinMart is always a thought too.
  • Options
    Seems like thevalue of the coins are dropping again. Anything less then a 69DM is going for pretty cheap. Seems like only the Yellowstone 69DM and Grand Canyon 69DM are going up in price, but then again they are HARD to find on ebay! I see a lot of yosemites but no Grand Canyons & Yellowstones!
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>Seems like thevalue of the coins are dropping again. Anything less then a 69DM is going for pretty cheap. Seems like only the Yellowstone 69DM and Grand Canyon 69DM are going up in price, but then again they are HARD to find on ebay! I see a lot of yosemites but no Grand Canyons & Yellowstones! >>

It'd be interesting to see how 68DMPLs are doing. I haven't really looked in awhile. Personally, I feel like the 68DMs are great coins and can be had at a far less premium.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Seems like thevalue of the coins are dropping again. Anything less then a 69DM is going for pretty cheap. Seems like only the Yellowstone 69DM and Grand Canyon 69DM are going up in price, but then again they are HARD to find on ebay! I see a lot of yosemites but no Grand Canyons & Yellowstones! >>

It'd be interesting to see how 68DMPLs are doing. I haven't really looked in awhile. Personally, I feel like the 68DMs are great coins and can be had at a far less premium. >>

image I'm planning to hold four sets of the 68 dm for the long term
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

It'd be interesting to see how 68DMPLs are doing. I haven't really looked in awhile. Personally, I feel like the 68DMs are great coins and can be had at a far less premium. >>

image I'm planning to hold four sets of the 68 dm for the long term >>

I think now is the time to buy. I think the prices have bottomed out.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The 68DM coins are going for less then $300 a coin.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

The 68DM coins are going for less then $300 a coin. >>

So question to all; Let's say you could buy a PCGS FS 68 DMPL set for $1500 to $2000 right now, would you? And what do you see the set being worth 2/5/10 years from now. Right now I could get a 5K loan from my credit union for about 6% interest and I am tempted. Or would there be a better investment out there?

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So question to all; Let's say you could buy a PCGS FS 68 DMPL set for $1500 to $2000 right now, would you? And what do you see the set being worth 2/5/10 years from now. Right now I could get a 5K loan from my credit union for about 6% interest and I am tempted. Or would there be a better investment out there? >>

My .02 - I wouldn't borrow $$$ to buy any Ag, let alone MS68 pucks. I'm buying Ag in small lots of 5 - 10 oz as close to spot as I can with cash on hand. I bought 10 sets of pucks at the mint directive price only, flipped four of the sets to bring the DCA down and kept six. All sets are ungraded, I'm not sure grading is a smart play with what I've recently read on the list.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    "So question to all; Let's say you could buy a PCGS FS 68 DMPL set for $1500 to $2000 right now, would you? And what do you see the set being worth 2/5/10 years from now. Right now I could get a 5K loan from my credit union for about 6% interest and I am tempted. Or would there be a better investment out there? "

Borrowing money to make an investment like this is always a bad idea.
    Silver can go up or down including way down and drag these bullion pucks with them.
    It would not be hard to get underwater on them.
    Slowly save your money or sowly stack away a little silver piece by piece but don't borrow and then jump into the deep end of your pool.
    Just my 2cents.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    There's more upside in buying silver near spot...
  • Options
    Was checking Blue Moon coins site for ATB coins they have no coins available. How could they sell that mountain of coins so quick. Looks like they would be the perfect sales option for the mint.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>"So question to all; Let's say you could buy a PCGS FS 68 DMPL set for $1500 to $2000 right now, would you? And what do you see the set being worth 2/5/10 years from now. Right now I could get a 5K loan from my credit union for about 6% interest and I am tempted. Or would there be a better investment out there? "

Silver can go up or down including way down and drag these bullion pucks with them.
    Slowly save your money or sowly stack away a little silver piece by piece but don't borrow and then jump into the deep end of your pool.
    Just my 2cents. >>

I think this advice is sound. Personally, I'd be pretty tempted to buy a set of 68DMs at $1500. But I wouldn't take a loan to do it.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>"So question to all; Let's say you could buy a PCGS FS 68 DMPL set for $1500 to $2000 right now, would you? And what do you see the set being worth 2/5/10 years from now. Right now I could get a 5K loan from my credit union for about 6% interest and I am tempted. Or would there be a better investment out there? "

Just my 2cents. >>

Well, I'd have suggested buying the set that ended yesterday, a 69DMPL, a 69PL, and 3 68dmpl's for $1,475...image

link
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a deal. The seller lost out on that one! Remember when a 69 Yos. brought $4K??
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Wow, what a deal. The seller lost out on that one! Remember when a 69 Yos. brought $4K?? >>

Holy Sh*t Batman! That MS69DMPL Yosemite alone is a $500 piece right now if sold seperately! This was a $2K set minimum.
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes Robin, that is a devestating blow to the BatCave sanctuary of ATB value!

As an example of this dilemma, MCM recogonizes the gamble of sealed over graded and the crap shoot involved in guessing.

Miles
    Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How about some of you other dippers out there how did your grades turn out. This was my first try at dipping and thought it went well but my grades sure proved otherwise. >>

My first dipping/grading experience.... Honestly I didn't see much of any difference in the coins.

Grand Canyon - MS69PL
    Yellowstone - MS68PL
    Yosemite - MS67DMPL
    Mount Hood - MS66DMPL
    Hot Springs - MS65
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Options
    Well at least some of us are bringing down the 69dmpl pops percentage wise anyway image My prudential will stay raw when it comes you can betch ur bottom dollar raw and sealed fer shure.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How about some of you other dippers out there how did your grades turn out. This was my first try at dipping and thought it went well but my grades sure proved otherwise. >>

My first dipping/grading experience.... Honestly I didn't see much of any difference in the coins.

Grand Canyon - MS69PL
    Yellowstone - MS68PL
    Yosemite - MS67DMPL
    Mount Hood - MS66DMPL
    Hot Springs - MS65 >>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be willing to bet that any of these coins that were dipped will develop a blueish haze within a year. Proof or prooflike surfaces do not suit well with dipping. It is next to impossible to remove all the dipping solution. Then months down the road a blueish haze will form.

Anyone who dipped their coins please keep us posted.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>

I would be willing to bet that any of these coins that were dipped will develop a blueish haze within a year. Proof or prooflike surfaces do not suit well with dipping. It is next to impossible to remove all the dipping solution. Then months down the road a blueish haze will form.

Anyone who dipped their coins please keep us posted.

GrandAm image >>

Does this apply to acetone as well? Or just the dip dips image?
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acetone will be OK as long as you didn't allow spots to form immediately after the rinse.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Borrow money to invest? Wow. Know the market before investing in anything.
  • Options
    received a glacier atb quarter in change today. the first atb i've seen.
  • Options
    I did the acetone dip I got them back from PCGS and looked closer. The bad spots I noted before dipping did not seem as noticeable as they did before the dip some of the scratches and rubs must have been smudges because they seemed harder to spot. I was able to id the coins by scratches I noted before dipping but some noted spots could not be found.And to be fair with PCGS my grades were very close to theirs But I did have four or more 68`s come back 67 or lower But I could have damaged them by cracking and handling but I tried to be very careful.
  • Options

<< <i>Borrow money to invest? Wow. Know the market before investing in anything. >>

Sometimes you have to take a chance to make some real money. As with any of my investments I take chances, penny stocks, etc. I have been burned a few times but have been very succesful so far.

• Options
    My Prudential set shipped on Friday so they are on the slow boat to Kansas. Willing to flip these for a few grand image Something in my body is extremely attracted to silver. It gets near me and I"m liable to hang on to it for extended periods of time.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

You are not going to get what they are worth at this time. I would hold if I were you unless you have to sell them.
  • Options

Still looking for that MS63PL Grand Canyon to complete a set.image
  • Options

<< <i>You are not going to get what they are worth at this time. I would hold if I were you unless you have to sell them. >>

I agree 100%. I don't have to sell and will hold. Only thing I want more than pucks is more spouses but I have some really good ones there as well. My ultimate goal is a lot more 90% but not the time to make the swap yet.
  • Options
    2010 Yellowstone ATB Guess the grade! I'll give you a hint it's a MS6*PL. Please fill in the missing number! That's a hair below the "Y" in Yellowstone. It is on the slab, not on the coin.

imageimage
  • Options
    JuanJuan Posts: 71 ✭✭
    I bought a 5 oz Silver Puck from APMEX previoously and was shocked when it arrived because it was a bright, shiny, and glossy-unlike the ones I ordered from the mint which were dull and unappealing. It was cheaper at APMEX but I didn't get a 5 oz box, it was in a plastic capsule. I was so impressed with APMEX that today I ordered a 2011 2 coin 5 oz set for $397.90!
    Those are the 5 oz Glacier and Gettysburg coins. But in actuality, they are hardly coins-they're bullion.
    oklahomakid
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>2010 Yellowstone ATB Guess the grade! I'll give you a hint it's a MS6*PL. Please fill in the missing number! That's a hair below the "Y" in Yellowstone. It is on the slab, not on the coin.

>>

Looks pretty clean with nice eye appeal. Should be 69. image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    PL67
  • Options
    And I guess MS67PL because it looks perfect, just like my submissions that came back 67-68.
  • Options
    MS64PL due to the problems on Washington's neck and some scuffs on the back, although it is a little hard to tell from the picture.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>2010 Yellowstone ATB Guess the grade! I'll give you a hint it's a MS6*PL. Please fill in the missing number! That's a hair below the "Y" in Yellowstone. It is on the slab, not on the coin.

>>

Looks pretty clean with nice eye appeal. Should be 69. image >>

I smell a trick here......

I'm going to go with MS62PL....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file