Home U.S. Coin Forum

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• don129don129 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Got dad a set too... order 573! >>

I would be careful ordering more than one set from the same IP address. >>

My dad has a different name, address, Paypal Account & credit card... why would IP address matter? Their T&Cs say nothing about IP addresses either.
    Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Lord...I feel like I just passed a bowling ball...now I know how childbirth must feel! I'm literally in a sweat here!

My order 14xx

And another family member's order...<10 minutes later...17xx

Going...going...
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver- Set of 5 $875.33 1 $875.33
    Sub-Total $875.33
    Shipping $99.00
    Tax 0% $0.00
    Order Total $974.33

or they must have adding the slabbing fees for shipping charges. $15 per coin or $75 plus $24 fedex for $99.
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    I'm almost through!! Transferring back from Paypal now!

-Paul
  • goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 624 ✭✭✭
    I can't get past the shopping cart, any suggestions?

Hit the back button, says shopping cart has 1 in it, hit shopping cart, time out. Been do the same thing for a hour.

• Sales tax kinda hurt 9.75%
  • The person with the highest order number wins.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks

• << <i>I can't get past the shopping cart, any suggestions?

Hit the back button, says shopping cart has 1 in it, hit shopping cart, time out. Been do the same thing for a hour. >>

Don't hit anything unless you get an error from the server. Let it spin, it should work eventually.
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • coinkid855coinkid855 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭
    Your order has been successfully processed!
    Order number: 204x

Woooo! image

-Paul
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of us couldn't get in. I was at the paypal portion but used my saved cc I guess I should have just put in all my cc info.

Now even after clearing cache, etc will let me back. I am using another laptop, wish me luck............lol
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I used firefox web browser and it never times out. Once you hit the next step just wait.

• << <i>I can't get past the shopping cart, any suggestions?
    Hit the back button, says shopping cart has 1 in it, hit shopping cart, time out. Been do the same thing for a hour. >>

Just make sure the window keeps processing. Sometimes I had to click a button 2 times in order to see the website processing.
  • WDHWDH Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    Order >1900, barely, 2:32 ET
  • paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Success! Order 31x....

If you get the "order limited to 1" message, that means it's already in your cart. Click on the shopping cart link at the top of the page instead. >>

Thank you, ProofCollection, for the tip. I was stuck for an hour.
    Didn't know that that was a link! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gotten a set.
    I owe you bigtime!
    Thanks again!
    #18xx

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
    anyone using the Guest Paypal, do you need a paypal account ?

Anyone using PO Box?

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    in the 2200's. Woo Hoo I got one!
    <<me of us couldn't get in. I was at the paypal portion but used my saved cc I guess I should have just put in all my cc info.>>

<<w even after clearing cache, etc will let me back. I am using another laptop, wish me luck............lol >>

Try using a Buyatbnow link from a Google search (or other search engine)...for some reason I also wasn't getting past the flag page until I tried a link from a search (and I also cleared my cache and cookies and everything else).
  • tcmitssrtcmitssr Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Got dad a set too... order 573! >>

I would be careful ordering more than one set from the same IP address. >>

My dad has a different name, address, Paypal Account & credit card... why would IP address matter? Their T&Cs say nothing about IP addresses either. >>

I did some telephone digging and spoke with someone at A-Mark working DIRECTLY on the puck program.

As for the fine print, it is ONE PER HOUSEHOLD REGARDLESS OF WHICH AP ***ANYONE*** HAS PURCHASED FROM, not one per household per AP. They didn't say if they had any common lists (names, IP addys, addresses that the coins were sent, cross-references to last names/neighborhoods, etc.). I'm pretty confident based on the rational and thoughtful explanation I was given.....that buying a second set (whether spouse to work addy, etc.), may just be "somehow" checked and voided out as an additional sale.

Or, worst case for worst case worriers, get one in legal trouble.

• << <i>

<< <i>Success! Order 31x....

If you get the "order limited to 1" message, that means it's already in your cart. Click on the shopping cart link at the top of the page instead. >>

Didn't know that that was a link! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have gotten a set.
    I owe you bigtime!
    Thanks again!
    image >>

Glad you got one, Paladin. I know you wanted one really badly!

<< <i>anyone using the Guest Paypal, do you need a paypal account ?

Anyone using PO Box? >>

My mailing address is a PO Box but I was afraid to use it. Gave them my street address.

~ Vince Lombardi
  • kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    I think all of their coins went for BU slabbing.
    A friend of mine had an order number of 22++
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Just placed a friends order #231X
  • taxmadtaxmad Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Or, worst case for worst case worriers, get one in legal trouble. >>

Legal trouble? There is no law against buyig two sets, just a 'rule' promulgated by the Mint. That and 6 bits would buy you a cup of coffee...

Got my set - 155X

<< <i>
    I owe you bigtime!
    Thanks again!
    #18xx
    image >>

Glad you got one, Paladin. I know you wanted one really badly! >>

Thanks. You have no idea! Been waiting a year! And I won't even complain about the $99 charge to ship them just 2 hours down the road! image

~ Vince Lombardi
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow! One hour exactly from start to finish. Order #79x. As a citizen of the once great state of Kahleefornia, a total of $1059.67

So it looks like they'll do about 800 in the first hour. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to sell out. There were a couple of completely useless steps in the process that could have been eliminated to speed things along: "Shipping" and "Confirm" There was only one shipping choice, so why the page? Same with the Confirm step - one would think that the Paypal payment is confirmation enough. It was probably a web package with those steps built in and rather than pay to customize it, they just went with the generic version... >>

Exactly!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Their sets are slabbed by PCGS as "Choice BU" and are $874 plus $99 in S&H fees. They are selling these at little or no profit.

A-Mark paid at least $725 to the mint + $150 to PCGS for slabbing + $20 shipping = $995 - the PayPal fees $29 = $966.

Thanks A-Mark!!!

<< <i>

<< <i>Or, worst case for worst case worriers, get one in legal trouble. >>

Legal trouble? There is no law against buyig two sets, just a 'rule' promulgated by the Mint. That and 6 bits would buy you a cup of coffee...

Got my set - 155X >>

Are you a lawyer, tax?
    OK...my 2 cents...for what it's worth...

Follow this logic...the closer we get to the magic 3000 (or is it 3300?) sets, it would mean that A-Mark's ENTIRE INVENTORY must have been slabbed by PCGS and not cherrypicked.

Otherwise, they would have had to pick and choose and trade coins with another AP.

Does this seem logical? What am I missing?

<< <i>Email received:

Thank you for your purchase of the

2010 INAUGURAL EDITION OF THE AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ SILVER QUARTERS

You can expect to receive your set of AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ SILVER QUARTERS in 6-8 weeks.

Your order has been completed. Below is the summary of the order. >>

I wonder where these will be in 6-8 weeks. A long time to shell out the money.

Must be neat to see A Marks PayPal acct. A few mil. in a few hours.
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    A-Mark probably sent all the tubes to PCGS so it was them who took them out with care and these may have pretty high grades!

<< <i>OK...my 2 cents...for what it's worth...

Follow this logic...the closer we get to the magic 3000 (or is it 3300?) sets, it would mean that A-Mark's ENTIRE INVENTORY must have been slabbed by PCGS and not cherrypicked.

Otherwise, they would have had to pick and choose and trade coins with another AP.

Does this seem logical? What am I missing? >>

Successful BSTs with adriana, barrytrot, Bochiman, Dabigkahuna, Modern Coin Mart, oilstates2003, terburn88, THEGENERAL
  • Finally got a set for dad..order 2350

<< <i>Finally got a set for dad..order 2350 >>

Your creepy avatar gets me every time!
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,996 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I used firefox web browser and it never times out. Once you hit the next step just wait. >>

Mine timed out! Switched to IE and got thru....

<< <i>How much was the price for MTB and GC?
    This basically came at $974 for the non-CA residents. >>

APMEX pre-sales at $860ish will likely be the best price.

• << <i>Their sets are slabbed by PCGS as "Choice BU" and are $874 plus $99 in S&H fees. They are selling these at little or no profit.

A-Mark paid at least $725 to the mint + $150 to PCGS for slabbing + $20 shipping = $995 - the PayPal fees $29 = $966.

Thanks A-Mark!!! >>

These are not graded. It would make no sense for A-Mark to pay for grading, so the $150 is too high. They probably got a special "slabbed, ungraded" rate and they included it in the $99 shipping charge.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am order number 24??
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
    <<Your creepy avatar gets me every time! >>

And Michael Myers & Jason Vorhees get as many sets as they want!
  • After getting bounced out of "Buy It Now" sixteen times and bounced out of the cart three times I finally have confirmation for set # 2333.

Thank You to everyone here for all of the help in getting us these sets. It's been quite a ride. I don't know if I can take this for eleven years!?!
  • My two cents:

I'm confused, like others are about what's going on here. Why throw them in choice BU slabs when there is plenty of demand for the raw coins in cheap flips?

They must have them already slabbed. I bet 2/3 of them are in the choice BU range and that's what they're selling. I'd be very surprised if we see order # 3xxx.

The higher grades may already have been spoken for....
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Order 260X, looks like 300 orders per every 10 minutes...Going to be gone very quick...

• << <i>OK...my 2 cents...for what it's worth...

Does this seem logical? What am I missing? >>

I agree, but as someone who teaches management, there should be a business reason to run these all through PCGS. I mean, why wouldn't Amark just send these raw to everyone and save the $5-$7 per coin bulk submission? Why would they spend an extra $15k to $21k? Normally, you would want to see a return on that investment?

Oth, I agree that the closer we get to 3000 the more unlikely it is they cherrypicked. In addition, what advantage would they have to cherrypick since they are still constrained by the mint...unless they are doing that for their dealers (as someone else suggested earlier)? Interesting?

Ftr, I'm tahnkful to get a set in PCGS slabs!
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Email received:

Thank you for your purchase of the

2010 INAUGURAL EDITION OF THE AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ SILVER QUARTERS

You can expect to receive your set of AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL 5 OZ SILVER QUARTERS in 6-8 weeks.

Your order has been completed. Below is the summary of the order. >>

I wonder where these will be in 6-8 weeks. A long time to shell out the money.

Must be neat to see A Marks PayPal acct. A few mil. in a few hours. >>

maybe A-Mark will have to fax a copy of their phone and utility bills. image

not.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

• << <i>Order 260X, looks like 300 orders per every 10 minutes...Going to be gone very quick... >>

Looks like my theory that the last third or so will not be sold will be proven right or wrong very soon.
  • Friend @ 154*

• << <i>

<< <i>Order 260X, looks like 300 orders per every 10 minutes...Going to be gone very quick... >>

Looks like my theory that the last third or so will not be sold will be proven right or wrong very soon. >>

Or, Amark may not be going in sequential order...it seems like they are, but we don't know for sure. I guess we'll know if an order number goes over 3000.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>After getting bounced out of "Buy It Now" sixteen times and bounced out of the cart three times I finally have confirmation for set # 2333.

Thank You to everyone here for all of the help in getting us these sets. It's been quite a ride. I don't know if I can take this for eleven years!?! >>

next year, they should be available at the local coin dealers and online for a reasonable price.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    A-Mark is now OUT OF STOCK!
    Well I absolutely could not get through from work, maybe work is messing me up, I get the shopping cart error and hit shopping cart, but that's it.

Luckly, a friend of mine was able to get me a set.

• ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Sold Out!

Order #12xx
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file