Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

APMEX is selling the 5oz ATB coins right now - $1,395 per 5 coin set - SOLD OUT - MTB SELLING ON eBA

Comments

• Options
    2010 5 oz America the Beautiful Silver Bullion 5 Coin Sets - Choice Uncirculated
    The America the Beautiful Silver Bullion CoinTM Program has finally been released by the United States Mint! These are the first 5 oz, .999 fine silver coins ever produced by the Mint, and this first set in the series is expected to sell out very quickly. Each coin is approximate 3" in diameter.

Due to heavy volume we have stopped taking orders for the day. Check back tomorrow.
    America the Beautiful 5 oz Silver- Set of 5

The set consists of coins representing the following National Parks: (AR) Hot Springs National Park,(WY) Yellowstone National Park,(CA) Yosemite National Park,(AZ) Grand Canyon National Park,(OR) Mount Hood National Park

$875.33

• Options
    That was fun!
  • Options
    What's the highest order # you guys have seen?
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    Made it thru for order 2299 then my "buddy" tried and made it thru to the confirmation and it states "buying disabled".......Sold out or same IP address?
    BST Transactions;
    Seller- thebigeng; morgansforever; bolivarshagnasty
    Buyer-nibanny; derryb; zubie; smittys; konsole; tootawl; socalbigmark; fullcameo; coinkid855
  • Options

<< <i>Amark may not be going in sequential order...it seems like they are, but we don't know for sure. I guess we'll know if an order number goes over 3000. >>

The order probably starts when you agree to the terms and conditions. There are likely a lot of incomplete orders, so let's wait to see how high the order number's get.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to heavy volume we have stopped taking orders for the day. Please register here if you would like us to contact you when we receive additional sets.

We are not accepting phone orders, only buyers who register here will be contacted, based on inventory and availability.

Thank you.
    A-Mark Direct

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

So #4127 is probably not a good thing, huh?

imageimage
  • Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

sold out. wow, I was like the last few minutes, #25XX.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,510 ✭✭✭✭✭
    take the poll!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    2 hrs 3 mins to sell approx. ~2600 or so sets.
  • Options
    And I bet if they had more bandwidth these would have gone in 45 mins.
  • Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    Does PCGS do Gem BU or just Choice BU? IF they do both, what is the difference?
  • Options
    RGTRGT Posts: 508 ✭✭
    My order went through about 5 minutes 'till noon, Pacific time. Order number 25XX.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That leaves a thousand sets. Perhaps those who just reisgered will get one.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    These didn't last the three hours that some thought. The rate of orders actually increased the second hour.
    Successful BST transactions: clackamas, goldman86, alohagary, rodzm, bigmarty58, Hyperion, segoja, levinll, dmarks
  • Options
    ProofCollectionProofCollection Posts: 5,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of suspicious they stopped selling about 1000 shy of their allotment... Not that I didn't expect this.
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭

<< <i>A-Mark is now OUT OF STOCK! >>

Hey I called it to within 4 minutes....Looks like 7/8's was dead wrong on lasting all day...image
  • Options
    My theory:
    Amark slabbed everything....as many as 3700 sets. They took everything that was lower grade and have sold it at not much profit, which has turned out to be roughly 2600 sets. The last 1000 sets are in higher grades. What will they do with these?

I really can't see why they'd stop the sale at 2600 otherwise. Their servers were starting to clear up and if they were really wanting to sell all, they'd go until they ran out. No reason to stop and start again.
  • Options
    Of course, the sales rates were picking up near the end. It's possible all 3xxx went very quickly, and since nearly everybody here already had theirs, we wouldn't know.

I'll be waiting to see if any order #s in the 3xxx show up.
  • Options

<< <i> What will they do with these? >>

That really is the question. The way I read the mint's terms, I don't think they can sell these at a higher price? Maybe they found a way?
  • Options
    Probablyt a whole bunch stuck in carts that haven't checked out.
    "If we are facing in the right direction, all we need to do is keep on walking." - David Brent
  • Options
    I just can't see why they would slab these and not sell in flips UNLESS they were looking for higher graded coins.
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Made it thru for order 2299 then my "buddy" tried and made it thru to the confirmation and it states "buying disabled".......Sold out or same IP address? >>

I have a relative over who was going to order. I was scared to place two orders from the same IP address. Didn't want to gamble that they would both be cancelled.

Did the last orders get through quickly or did it stay slow?

This is likely NOTHING compared to the numismatic versions. Any guesses what a PCGS FS set of the numis. versions will go for - and there will of course be 70s in the numis. version?
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    They have this on their website spelling out all the rules, so it seems like they would follow them. Mint's Rules

My hope is that they just chose PCGS because they are within a close proximity to them so no shipping charges, and it was easier than buying special holders.
  • Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    Well, I left one on the alter, I could not hit the confirm paypal button.... the bu slabbing(?), left me with cold feet.

I don't think you can lose money on this, but I kept thinking, there is a decent chance the mint will have better coins, that could be in your hand about the same time, but as confucious say...only time will tell.
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Probablyt a whole bunch stuck in carts that haven't checked out. >>

With people using different PCs/browsers, reloggin in after being booted, etc... This may account for many.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Ive got to admit.

there is a hell of a lot of flippers out there. like i said flippers paradise.

2 hours and done. wow.

get em and get out of them boys. this is not gonna look good once 3000 sets hit the bay.
  • Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they didn't want to risk over selling and they are going to process the last ones by hand?
  • Options
    Now we need a pic. of what these look like slabbed.
    Will they have an a-mark name on slab? or some kind of serial numbers or a serial numbered matched set?
  • Options

<< <i>Ive got to admit.

there is a hell of a lot of flippers out there. like i said flippers paradise.

2 hours and done. wow.

get em and get out of them boys. this is not gonna look good once 3000 sets hit the bay. >>

Agreed. The prices on these are going to fall like crazy once these hit ebay in mass.
  • Options
    game over
  • Options
    paladinpaladin Posts: 898 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, I left one on the alter, I could not hit the confirm paypal button.... the bu slabbing(?), left me with cold feet.

I don't think you can lose money on this, but I kept thinking, there is a decent chance the mint will have better coins, that could be in your hand about the same time, but as confucious say...only time will tell. >>

Didn't he also say "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush"? image

"The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary."

~ Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<get em and get out of them boys. this is not gonna look good once 3000 sets hit the bay. >>

But at least I doubt that anyone will be getting huge individual quantities of sets here...so we may not have any jokers dumping blocks of 50+ sets and seriously depressing prices.

And I'm also trying to imagine next week's CW headline "3,000 Sets Sold in Under 2 Hours!"

That should be supportive of the secondary market.
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    Maybe they are having these graded because it doesn't take much to put a coin in a BU slab. Almost all should qualify for that.image
  • Options
    So...getting back to Fidelitrade's lack of emails...

• Options
    goldbuffalogoldbuffalo Posts: 618 ✭✭✭

How about checking your paypal time.

My Time:
    11:54:17 PST

The first post of a sellout was 12:04.

10 minutes to spare image

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    That was not fun at all. I would sooner deal with the mint. And that is saying something!
  • Options
    HalfStrikeHalfStrike Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭
    I think the mint did 40,000 spouse coins in two hours or so, so this was a cakewalk for the mint.
  • Options
    Due to heavy volume we have stopped taking orders for the day. Please register here if you would like us to contact you when we receive additional sets.

The first 250 people who register will be eligible to purchase a set on Tuesday, January 25, 2011.

Looks like there is at least another 250 on hand.
  • Options

<< <i>Due to heavy volume we have stopped taking orders for the day. Please register here if you would like us to contact you when we receive additional sets.

The first 250 people who register will be eligible to purchase a set on Tuesday, January 25, 2011.

Looks like there is at least another 250 on hand. >>

I just realized that that is a week and a day awayimage
  • Options
    that was thrilling and scary/fun all in one #425, mine #427 my moms , and it is showing 1 in my cart still......i dont have another paypal account to use
    POSITIVE TRANSACTIONS
    gdavis70,Musky1011,cohodk,cucamongacoin,robkool,chumley, drei3ree, Rampage,jmski52, commoncents05, dimples, dcarr, Grouchy, holeinone1972, JonMN34, mission16,meltdown,Omega,PQpeace, SeaEagleCoins, WaterSport, whatsup,Wizard1,WinLoseWin,MMR,49thStateofMind,SamByrd,Ahrensdad,BAJJERFAN,timrutnat,TWQG,CarlWohlforth,Ciccio,PreTurb,NumisMe,Patches,NotSure,luvcoins123,piecesofme,perryhall,nibanny,atarian,airplanenut
  • Options
    This is good news and shows that maybe the cherrypicking theory might not have any weight.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<get em and get out of them boys. this is not gonna look good once 3000 sets hit the bay. >>

But at least I doubt that anyone will be getting huge individual quantities of sets here...so we may not have any jokers dumping blocks of 50+ sets and seriously depressing prices.

And I'm also trying to imagine next week's CW headline "3,000 Sets Sold in Under 2 Hours!"

That should be supportive of the secondary market. >>

Maybe not 50+, but looks like at least one, with his "crew", got 10 sets. Greed defeats all

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>101 minutes and #854

Back to work image

Joe >>

It didn't start until ~10am (PST) and it is only 11:03am (PST), so how did you get 101 minutes already? image >>

oooops yup 1 hour 1 minute not 101 minutes, must have been a little frazzled after 1 hour.

Joe
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's kind of what I thought imageimageimage

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i><<get em and get out of them boys. this is not gonna look good once 3000 sets hit the bay. >>

That should be supportive of the secondary market. >>

Maybe not 50+, but looks like at least one, with his "crew", got 10 sets. Greed defeats all >>

I got one set, I just told my friends about them and they ordered as well...jeezzz
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    BigDaddyzBigDaddyz Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭
    Would have been a LOT faster than 2 hours if the site could have taken it.
    Great BST experiences: abitofthisabitofthat, silvercoinsdude, gerard, coinfame, mikescoins, wondercoin
  • Options
    Well...I must say...that at least this seemed fair (relatively speaking), as compared to all the hoo-doo and voodoo we've seen by others in the past...

Nerve wracking, but at least you had a legitimate shot.

And no hijacking mailmen or FedEx deliveries required.
  • Options
    My brother got #24XX just before 2:00pm Central Time.
  • Options
    botanistbotanist Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is good news and shows that maybe the cherrypicking theory might not have any weight. >>

Didn't someone mention they won't be sent out for 6-8 weeks from now? Doesn't that indicate the coins have not yet been received back from PCGS for slabbing and possible cherrypicking? And furthermore doesn't it seem A-Mark is only retailing 3000 sets out of their allotment of about 3700 or 3800, so they can secretly funnel any high grade coins elsewhere? How are the buyers who paid big bucks on ebay or HSN going to feel when the price inevitably crashes?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file