Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    man that is beautiful! Ill be hitting the store tomorrow, he said he didn't get them direct...wtf is up with that?
  • Options
    Bought 2 blasters @ Target. Nothing major, but I did pull a Black Refractor Tommy Hanson.

Is there a SP and variation list anywhere?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    One of the Koufax autos listed has 14 bids and is up to $321 . How crazy is that?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    As much as I'd like to have a Koufax, at that price I'd have to sell if I pulled one......of course I don't have to worry because I never pull anything but scrub autos.
  • Options
    Im thinking about hitting the BIN for that Gibson red ink.....

I knew the Banks wouldn't last that long.

Already two Koufax, me likey
  • Options
    Holy Cow, BB just posted a dual patch card of Gibson and Halliday! WOW
  • Options
    I thought about it Kev, but I really think you'd be overpaying for it. I think I only gave $70 for my red ink Gibson last year.
  • Options
    Like this one? It has 6 days left and even with the beat corners is at $150.....early Heritage craze never ceases to amaze me.

• Options
    I was just telling my wife that in 3-4 weeks those same autos would go for a lot less. I have patience to wait at least a little while. image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    What's up with those corners??

• Options

<< <i>Like this one? It has 6 days left and even with the beat corners is at $150.....early Heritage craze never ceases to amaze me.

image >>

Good Lord, what happened to the corners on this baby? That's a shame.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Like this one? It has 6 days left and even with the beat corners is at $150.....early Heritage craze never ceases to amaze me.

image >>

Good Lord, what happened to the corners on this baby? That's a shame. >>

Topps aged the corners to match the 62's they are giving away with the Diamond Redemption cards.
  • Options
    Anyone see the Longoira/Brooks Robinson dual?? They went with the top and bottom design on the duals....nice pairing.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw that one as well, I really like the layout. Picked up one of the coin cards, sure I overpaid, but they're kind of neat.

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah I saw that one as well, I really like the layout. Picked up one of the coin cards, sure I overpaid, but they're kind of neat.

image >>

I like the look of that a lot. Hey with how silver is going up, up, up you never know that half dollar may end up worth more than what you paid for the card. $13ish in silver value right now.
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    The dealer I buy all my hobby from said it will be in tomorrow (Wed). I won't be back that way until Tuesday - ugh. No Walmart retail in six Western/Central PA stores. I really don't see myself ripping a ton this year. I cut way back last year and was content.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    so cost on this was 50 a box, what are you all paying for your hobby boxes?
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    Is it just me or does the Gibson jersey patch look like it was cut from something he wore in the last 20 years, instead of the last 35?

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

Good Lord, what happened to the corners on this baby? That's a shame. >>

Topps aged the corners to match the 62's they are giving away with the Diamond Redemption cards. >>

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    The red is missing in the star "Rookie" and around the RC logo at the bottom left for Scott Cousins. The mark in the star is from my scanner. Has anyone seen this on any other cards?

Jake McGee added for comparative purposes.

• Options
    it looks like sandy was getting writer's cramp on this signing.
  • Options
    Not sure if the red word of rookie missing is a variation but I did notice that out of the first few packs I have opened so far that some of the rookie cards have white stars instead of yellow.

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    The Cousins card is a green tint so I'm wondering if the missing red and other color variations are because of that.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Holy crap, there is a dual Musial/Utley....redemption though.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Got one of each package from Target yesterday - box, 3 pack with black border, and two pack strip. How'd I do???

----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    It's release day, where are all the rips? I'm sure Walt & Mike already have a stack of boxes......let's hear some reports and see some scans.
  • Options
    I'm at work image
  • Options
    I know Mike, I'm sure you will be going to pick up boxes at lunch...then we'll have to wait until you get off work before we get scans. By the way, I'll be needing you to pull the Musial & Gibson autos for me, thanks in advance. image
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    heading up to Joe's house in a few minutes to bust the other half of his case. Report to follow.
  • Options
    I'll be watching for that report with great anticipation. Even though the other half case is headed my way I really hope Joe pulls something spectacular from his half.
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭

<< <i>I'm at work image >>

True dat. This thread is driving me nuts. If my local guy doesn't get this stuff in today I might lose it.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I'm at work

Mike ( Zep33) I think your Sick!! time to go home!!
  • Options
    12 pack retail box from Target to commence...the card shop isn't open yet, so Target it was.
  • Options

<< <i>12 pack retail box from Target to commence...the card shop isn't open yet, so Target it was. >>

12 pack box?? didn't see those
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>12 pack retail box from Target to commence...the card shop isn't open yet, so Target it was. >>

12 pack box?? didn't see those >>

Yup, looks like a retail box, but it's full of styrofoam. Only Heritage they had, I got it all lol.

These are sharp cards in hand, best looking Heritage set IMO.

Pack 1 was star studded, but all base...those I don't know the difference in the cards numbered with a baseball and those that are numbered with a Baseball and the word Topps.
  • Options
    Pack 3 with a Chrome Peralta

That Heyward base is begging for TTM.
  • Options
    Pack 4

Pujols Base with no Topps logo on the number and a Pujols HR Leaders with No Topps logo on the number
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike ( Zep33) I think your Sick!! time to go home!! >>

Good news is that he is on his way home. Bad news is that he didn't think it through and slammed his hand in a car door to be allowed to go home "sick". Now he can't open anything for a month! image
  • Options
    Well, pretty standard box, 1 Chrome, 2 Flashbacks, 1 New Age

About 1/4 of the cards didn't have the word Topps in the numbering.

Now I just need to scan for variations.
  • Options

<< <i>Well, pretty standard box, 1 Chrome, 2 Flashbacks, 1 New Age

About 1/4 of the cards didn't have the word Topps in the numbering.

Now I just need to scan for variations. >>

I hate, detest, and abhor these "fake" variations like the "Topps/No Topps" logos. Just a cheap way to drive set builders nuts. It's a traveshamockery of the highest order I tell ya!!!
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Picked up 2 hobby boxes at lunch for $74 each. opened one box, 1 refractor, 2 chromes, hits were a josh johnson relic, and a stamp card with pujols/utley. #/62
  • Options
    Nice stamp Parker, let me know if it's available.
  • Options
    picked up 5 boxes at lunch. Bad news on the local card shop front though. He decided to charge me $95 a box after preordering a case for me and justifying his price with his replacement cost. Shouldn't be any replacement cost since the case was ordered for me specifically. Not cool

Might just be the last time I drop any money at all in there.

bought 7 loose packs that I ripped in the shop. 1 chrome and a Justin Morneau jersey card.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    just bought 3 blasters at my local target....they were the only ones left...they had lots of packs and racks.......may have to go back for them.....al.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    fyi, all hits and chromes will be available in exchange for refractors.
  • Options
    Mike, that's a pretty crappy way to treat a good customer. Did he quote you a different price when he ordered the case for you?
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    2nd box in: alexei ramirez/mike pelfrey stamp and ed bouchee blue ink
  • Options
    Glad Joe got some ink, wish it was a HOFER though.....I feel a red Koufax in his last four boxes.
  • Options
    Either Joe is the slowest ripper in history or you're the slowest updater Geordie.