Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    None at my Target
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    The same vendor that services northern Arkansas services my area of Missouri, shelves had been stocked, but no Heritage.
  • Options
    None at the Super Target in Sherman, Texas....

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Im going out.

cover me.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    3 Targets and a Wal Mart later...nothing here in Dallas. Plus my hookup for Heritage through the direct dealer at the Market Center for a looooot less than cases sell for on Ebay fell through because Topps will no longer sell to individuals or stores that aren't HTA....

Pretty frustrating.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>they still have last years Heritage at my local Target and Wal Mart. Is this years going to still be on shelves a year from now??? curious for advice from the Heritage collectors out there....should I get the boxes now or wait. >>

Just my opinion- I'd be interested to hear what the other guys here think...

Heritage prices have been going down lately. If you wait ten months, you'll probably be able to buy a master set for $100.

A 2002 master set just went for $82 on Ebay.

• Options
    These are just ugly.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just my opinion- I'd be interested to hear what the other guys here think...

Heritage prices have been going down lately. If you wait ten months, you'll probably be able to buy a master set for $100.

A 2002 master set just went for $82 on Ebay. >>

that's horrible news, Brian. I'm sitting on master sets from 2001-2008 that I've been planning on unloading for a long time now. Procrastination claims another victim.
  • Options
    BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>they still have last years Heritage at my local Target and Wal Mart. Is this years going to still be on shelves a year from now??? curious for advice from the Heritage collectors out there....should I get the boxes now or wait. >>

Just my opinion- I'd be interested to hear what the other guys here think...

A 2002 master set just went for $82 on Ebay. >>

The set you mentioned was 51 cards from being complete. Recent complete 2002 Master sets have sold between $113 to $202.

The most economical way to buy Heritage is to purchase complete master and chrome sets a year or two after they come out. The plus side is that you save money and do not have a 1000s of base cards taking up space. The down side is that it is not nearly as fun as opening packs.
  • Options

<< <i>The most economical way to buy Heritage is to purchase complete master and chrome sets a year or two after they come out. The plus side is that you save money and do not have a 1000s of base cards taking up space. The down side is that it is not nearly as fun as opening packs. >>

quoted for truth - well said.
  • Options
    Looks like the blue tint cards are the walmart exclusives.
  • Options
    Holy cow, topps listened to me on the SP backs, they are not differently colored, which means the SSP might not be either! WOO HOO
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    Does that make the "green tint" for Target?

I was wondering if the tint was going to be SSP similar to last year's color variation, or part of the set like the yellow letters of 2007?

But it sounds like a marketing ploy to make you buy retail, like last year's Mantle and Maris Chase 61 cards.

• Options
    BB has pulled both blue (easy to pull) and green (hard to pull) tints out of walmart packs.Also just pulled a black refractor.
  • Options
    Someone else found a box at sport authority. Get checking!
  • Options
    Walt,

Have a pic of the black refractor? I know you are not able to post pics but maybe a linK?

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    I can't believe retail is out already! GCX has not asked me for a deposit on my hobby case yet. The only Walmart around here carries very little Heritage/AG, much more a Pokeyman/Magic type of selection.
    I'll probably do basic set & SP's & inserts, I doubt I'll do chrome this year but it could change. I will definitely be looking for the Red Sox players in the parallels. I will NOT chase SSP's that are in only one product. If it is not in hobby, forget it.

Hello to all my Heritage friends and happy ripping !
    Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    Walt-

why didn't you like the SP's with the white backs?

So there are two versions of the tinted cards (so far)....I was only speculating... you can't confirm that they are exclusive to retail or Walmart, right?
  • Options
    "GCX has not asked me for a deposit on my hobby case yet"

Actually , he charged me on the 10th so 3/16 still seems like a release date for hobby.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    I really didn't care about the SP's being different colored, but I really wanted the SSP's to be truly hard to locate, instead of relying on the backs of the cards
    to show it, you had to have a keen eye and spot it. For most of us, we open a box of cards, take out the inserts and hits and the rest are at best commons, this
    way, we could have something extra good in our commons and not even know it! This adds to the thrill of the chase!

I'm going to have a first look on my blog later one, I will post the link then.
  • Options
    The tinted cards are not the SSP's right?

Green tint are 1:108 (retail I think)

• Options
    Many of the photos appear to be close-ups of players w/out hats...similar to '62 Topps design.
  • Options
    black and red variations??

imageimageimage

oh, and here's a green tint Victorino - only a $99 BIN/BO
  • Options
    I think topps has used one photo of Alex Gordon and just cropped it 4 different ways for all his heritage cards. Time for some new pics! It worring me that there
    are no autos up yet.

• Options
    I love the "floating head" leader cards. So old school!
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I just got back from mylocal target and no heritage.....someone even wiped out the boxes I previously saw from last year.....guess I'll have to check another target or the local walmart when I get off work tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>oh, and here's a green tint Victorino - only a $99 BIN/BO
    image >>

They didn't have enough green ink to tint his whole arm?
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Made my very first purchase of 2011 Heritage today from another site than EBay

2011 Topps Heritage Auto ROA-GWI Gordon Windhorn Athletics
    2 chrome cards (C42, C43)

$20.50

Good start!
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    So Whammy, Pumpsie, Coot..........who's it gonna be this year?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Well I drove down to Arkansas today, no Heritage....but there was a lot of banjo music.
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    That Mattingly card is fantastic.

It'll be curious to see what kind of collectible value his managerial cards hold this year.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Glad you asked. Here are the candidates:

Cuno
    Haywood
    Hobie
    Albie
    Zolio

Hard to decide, but Zolio it is.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Yep, that Donnie Baseball card will be on my 2011 single list this year!!!
    Why do superheros only hang out in New York or L.A.? Why not Bangor??
  • Options
    Kurt, is that Zolio or Zoilo? If Zoilo, then I'm voting for that. If it's Zolio, then I'm still voting for Zoilo.

so, how come no black refractors or autos have been listed yet?
  • Options
    no autos cause we all know topps doesn't need to put them in retail, one black refractor has been pulled. Has anyone called the Henry the 8th cut or can I sign
    up to pull that?

nick??
  • Options
  • Options
    Are the tint variation part of the SP or SSP group?

The SPs are still the last 75, right?

Did Topps go overboard with all the different cards this year?
  • Options
    bought 2 blasters at target near raleigh,NC. 8 packs per. got5 hi#s, 2 chrome, 1 refractor-mauer,2 new age, 2bb cflashback,1 then and now. probably will wait and buy what i want on the bay. traded with you guys before and did good. didn't preorder this year so we'll see what happens. good luck fellas.
  • Options
    I was going to suggest Smoky, Hobie, , Minnie & Turk as well.............Zoilo works. Happy ripping!
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    No Heritage in Vero Beach, FL yet.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    did some more checking around my area near Cleveland and found nothing.....guess it's not out here yet.
  • Options
    From what I have seen retail blows. Bring on Hobby and HOF ink!
  • Options
    I agree with you Walt...can't wait for my 2 and a half cases to get here. I didn't order as many this year, but 30 boxes is still a lot of ripping!
  • Options
    Doran, did you buy that half case from Joe?
  • Options
    Jeez, people that found retail early are making out like bandits on singles.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I can't believe someone hasn't hit that 99.99 BIN on the green tint Victorino.
  • Options

<< <i>I can't believe someone hasn't hit that 99.99 BIN on the green tint Victorino. >>

Yeah, better grab that now, before the product goes nationwide.....and that card goes through the roof!!??
  • Options
    It seems that people might be thinking that the black border cards found at Target are Black Refractors. The prices for these black borders seem very high in my opinion.

Craig from Texas

<< <i>bought 2 blasters at target near raleigh,NC. 8 packs per. got5 hi#s, 2 chrome, 1 refractor-mauer,2 new age, 2bb cflashback,1 then and now. probably will wait and buy what i want on the bay. traded with you guys before and did good. didn't preorder this year so we'll see what happens. good luck fellas. >>

• Options
    Will this year have the most variations ever? Am I reading this correctly? There are red, green and blue tints on some of the cards, in addition to black-bordered Walmart cards. Wow