Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

still no autos or black refractors listed that I can see.

retail sucks?

edit: that is until Nick or Mike finds some

edit #2: 201

• Options
    We'll have to rely on Mike this year, Nick has informed me that he is done with Heritage.
  • Options
    I will take Nick's place. image

It does surprise me that there have not been any autos or black refractors yet. Does anyone have any wrappers to post? If so, please specify Target, Wal-Mart, or hobby. Thanks!!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Nick will buy one pack and pull a Jeter Black Refractor 2/62.

I think Im just going to keep busting packs until I hit a Koufax auto, what da ya think?
  • Options
    So did gum get too expensive?
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    I did pick up an auto from Naxcom yesterday. Has to be retail, right?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>I did pick up an auto from Naxcom yesterday. Has to be retail, right? >>

of who?
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    How rare are the black variations? I see a Pedro Alvarez up but I don't know if they are pretty easy to find or 1/500 packs
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    I am questioning whether the black bordered cards are in fact black refractors.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Looks like there is a #139 Ruth card and a #139 Joba card.

#139 Ruth and Joba Front

#139 Ruth and Joba Back
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Looks like there is a #139 Ruth card and a #139 Joba card.

#139 Ruth and Joba Front

#139 Ruth and Joba Back >>

Yeah, cuz Joba has ANY business sharing a card number with Ruth,.image
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Don't they weigh about the same?
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah, cuz Joba has ANY business sharing a card number with Ruth,.image >>

Same waist size.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    LOL @ the last 2 posts.

I think all of the Heritage group here should send Nick multiple pm's until he agrees to get back on the train.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    psu92psu92 Posts: 283
    Topps had 2 #139 cards in the 1962 set. Heritage is following the tradition.

#139 Ruth and Joba Front

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>Topps had 2 #139 cards in the 1962 set. Heritage is following the tradition.

#139 Ruth and Joba Front

>>

Fair enough; I guess Hal Reniff and Joba are a fair pairing.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Walt, Gordon Windhorn.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options

<< <i>Walt, Gordon Windhorn. >>

Is this the same guy who is on facebook?
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LOL @ the last 2 posts.

I think all of the Heritage group here should send Nick multiple pm's until he agrees to get back on the train. >>

I still monitor this thread pretty regularly, but did not order any cases this year. My focus has shifted from cards to precious metals in the last few months. Will I be able to go without retail once I see it in my area? I dont know.

As for Kurt's name, Zoilo works for me.
  • Options
    Hi Nick!!
  • Options
    Hi Mike.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    If Joba doesn't start getting it together he may end up with worse stats then "Porky"

Harold Eugene "Porky" Reniff (July 2, 1938 - September 7, 2004), was a former professional baseball player who pitched in the Major Leagues from 1961-1967. Reniff debuted with the New York Yankees during the 1961 season and pitched for the Yankees into the 1967 season. He ended his career in 1967 with the New York Mets.

In seven seasons, he was 21-23 with 45 saves and a 3.27 ERA in 471.1 innings pitched. He recorded a career-high 18 saves in 1963 for the Yankees. He pitched in the 1963 and 1964 World Series with the Yankees and his career World Series numbers are a 0.00 ERA in 3.1 innings pitched.

• Options
    precious metals?? Don't tell Nick that there are coin cards inserted one per hobby case.

W
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    just checked out some of the ebay auctions....the stamps look pretty nice.....al.
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Just got my tracking number from Blowout. Not in UPS system yet though.
  • Options
    I'm hoping my cases arrive Thursday.....the wait is killing me.
  • Options
    Is Wednesday or Thursday official release day?
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Nick, I'll be sending you Walmart & Target flyers regularly. It won't be the same without you here.

Precious metals as in the actual material or stock shares?

edited to add 2nd line
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options

<< <i>......Precious metals as in the actual material or stock shares?........ >>

The actual metals.
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭
    In my neighborhood people who deal in precious metals are usually stealing the copper downspots off of people's houses. Not to mention piping out of foreclosed houses too.
  • Options
    Also don't tell Nick about the copper parallels and the "gold" packs.
  • Options
    Still no retail in SW Missouri, ebay should start exploding with hobby hits tomorrow.
  • Options
    hi, Nick!

can't wait to see what you guys pull.
  • Options
    well, here's the first ink to hit the Bay - Zoilo picked up one of these from Naxcom. Note the rubbed out logo.

• Options
    And the first red auto.

• Options
    the KC Athletics are getting some early representation.

wonder what the deal really is on these black parallels. Not one that's been listed has had any kind of numbering associated with it, but they've had the C designation that's usually reserved for the chromes. They don't look like chrome - sure hope they're not taking the place of the black refractors. Doesn't seem likely given the lack of stamping, but who knows?
  • Options
    I'm guessing they are nothing more than the Walmart exclusive parallel, they do it in the regular Topps Walmart blasters. I'm guessing they decided to parallel the chrome set for Walmart and didn't change the numbering....people paying a premium for them are going to be disappointed.
  • Options
    Art Ditmar is not a stranger to heritage.

Why the rubbed out logo on the hat?

Heading out tonight to walmart.
  • Options
    Well there are at least 3 versions of card #139, Ruth, Joba & Robinson.

• Options

<< <i>Well there are at least 3 versions of card #139, Ruth, Joba & Robinson. >>

the '62 set had four #139 variations, so unless Topps pulled some serious shenanigans (which we all know they wouldn't do, right?) that should be one more.

edit: looks like there are two different #140s as well - Ruth/Gehrig and Jackie. The '62 didn't have #140 variations.

edit #2: for some reason, I thought there were only three #139 variations, when in fact there are four.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the early sales can be the craziest!

I remember - I believe it was 04 - and Pettitte was in his new uni - Houston - and some were paying 20 bucks for the card when the wax went live.

I know this isn't a popular remark - but I kinda miss Kevin/JoeStalin at Heritage time. The guy knew the set just about better than anyone.
    Mike
  • Options
    This may be old news to some, but I thought I'd type up a comparison between the sets.

first, keep in mind that in the original 1962 set, cards 110-196 were all available with a green tint variation, which Topps probably (hopefully) copied. And even more hopefully, they won't be SSSSSSSSPed. In addition, some of the players in that number range had pose variations, one a regular card and the other green tinted.

1962 was a checklist with two different sets of numbers on the back
    2011 is the San Diego Padres team card. Have a look at the back to see if there's any funny business going on. However, the checklists were printed separately again, which brings to mind 2005(?), which had variations of every checklist.

1962 was Lee Walls - he can be found looking both right and left. His looking left pose was also a green tint.
    2011 is Carlos Quentin - if it exists, look for a looking left pose variation with a green tint

1962 was the Angels team card - one variation had two floating heads inset in the photo
    2011 is, guess what, the Angels team card. Hmm

1962 was Billy Hoeft, who had two poses. These poses weren't very distinct, but the regular one had a very distinct blue sky, while the green tint had... a green sky. image
    2011 is Brett Cecil - the one on eBay has has a VERY distinct blue sky. Hmm, guess we should be looking for a green sky, huh?

1962 had four total variations: two poses of Hal Reniff (pitching & portrait - one a green tint) and two poses of Ruth (one a green tint). For the record, Reniff is also #159. Fun, huh?
    2011 has a Joba, a Ruth, a Jackie, and probably another Joba with a pose variation. And of course #159 is Joba.

1962 was Bill Kunkel, who had a portrait and green tint pitching variation
    2011 is Joakim Soria - the one on eBay is a portrait - if it exits, look for the matching green tint pitching variation

1962 was Carl Willey, who could be found with and without a cap (yay, another green tint pose variation!)
    2011 is Jon Garland - the one on eBay doesn't have a hat - if it exists, the variation should be a green tint "with hat"

1962 was Eddie Yost, who had a batting and portrait variation (one a green tint)
    2011 is Chase Headley. The one on eBay shows him holding a bat - if it exists, the variation should be a green tint portrait

1962 was Lee Walls, who had a portrait and a green tint batting pose
    2011 is a shaggy-ass Todd Helton. The one on eBay is the portrait, which means a batting green tint might be out there.

1962 was another checklist card. There was a very subtle difference here. One said, "checklist, 3" and the other said, "checklist 3" (no comma)
    2011 is the Marlins team card. Look for another subtle difference, I'd guess

1962 was Bob Buhl, who could be found with and without an "M" on his cap
    2011 is SPed Ian Kennedy - look for a hat missing the Diamondbacks' "D"

1962 was Willie Tasby, who again could be found with and without a "W" on his cap
    2011 is SPed Magglie Ordonez - look for the same thing

early auctions show the blue tints are 1:6 packs, and fall within the 110-196 number range. I would assume the red tints will fall in the same ratio once they hit retail box stores.

• Options
    Just saw that a couple of black refractors have been pulled - Walt mentioned earlier that there had been one, but I couldn't find it. Turns out that if I had taken Topps out of the search, they would have popped right up.

imageimage
  • Options
    Hal Stowe, the great long time Yankee pitcher, has been spotted in real one auto form.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    The eagle has landed at my target, they also had the huge single pack container too

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    That middle pack of packs, appears where the black bordered cards are coming from. Wal Mart exclusives. I'm sure Target has their own color as well. Are those the reds?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    the middle pack came from target.

3 packs, 2 of them had 10 cards, the 10th card being the 1 of 6 possible checklists. Also included was a seperate 3 pack of black bordered cards.

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    so it looks like the black borders come from both Target and Wally World. Red tints and blue tints will be exclusive to either store.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 cases of hobby in hand. 9 boxes opened so far and have come across a hot box of sorts with a new twist. Each pack in the box had a green chrome card. I have also found 4 variations so far. More to come when I finish the case and post scans.