Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The Official 2011 Topps Heritage Thread: no sticker autos in THIS product!

Comments

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Box 3 was the green refractor box - no big names to speak of. A lot of Giants stuff that Joe is giddy about.

Three baseball bucks out of the three boxes, two of the Giants.

Cuban Missile Crisis dime, Kershaw relic
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    Don't know what is "normal" for blaster boxes but got the following in the 3 boxes I opened: Then and Now: Gibson/Weaver and also Killebrew/Bautista, 4 Flashbacks: Jamaica gains independence, B.Robinson slams KC, Mariner 2 Successfully encounters venus and Spauhn Delivers in all phases, Miguel Cabrera New Age Peformers and the following 3 that I scanned:

• Options
    Well now that joe has pulled ink and the case hit, I'm hoping the Koufax is in my six boxes. image
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    10 boxes from various cases. red ink 2 stamps 2 coins. Scans
    To follow.
  • Options
    Walt, need the scans now!
  • Options
    Yes. 15 minutes is way too long Walt!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    scanning now.
  • Options
    USPS shows my cases will be delivered tomorrow! image
  • Options
    Here we go. I opened 10 boxes total. They were from 3 different cases. The first box I hit was a green refractor hot box. The one thing I did notice while busting is that
    chromes and refractors are much rarer this year. Anyone putting those sets together will need lots of help! I also noticed that the distrubution of the New Age inserts
    sucked, so again we will need to help each other out with that, if anyone needs a Halliday let me know!

I blew threw it so fast I didn't notice any green tint cards, I will have to go back through. One thing that was disappointing was that the GU was most of the time
    in the second pack, which killed the rest of the box for me.....except when they threw in extra goodies. One of my boxes had not only a GU, but a stamp and a
    Coin....NICE. I hate the feeling of knowing the rest of the box is dead....not the case here.

Of course everything is for trade unless they are getting obscene amounts on ebay. Im doing the master set and any autos I can pick up as well has Phillies.

Here we go:

First off the box toppers....half originals and half panels, except the originals come with something called topps bucks, I don't know what that is yet, I opened one and
    it looks like monoply money with a players picture on it. I am happy to announce that the originals wrapper can't be seen through! Thanks topps! I have pulled many
    originals over the years, but these are two of the nicest:

The coin cards are very nice. Do you think they polished these coins? The quarter from 62 I got looks like it just came off the printer. I was happy with these two:

imageimage

As I mentioned one of my boxes had not only the Duke Quarter in it but a stamp card. Unlike last year, both of my stamp cards were of stars.

and the dismount. Autographs are super hard to pull. Odds say not even 1 per case, but BB is reporting 3 autos per 2 cases, which sucks big time. Here was mine:

Can wait to go through and sort, who knows what else I pulled!!

Thanks
  • Options
    Sweet post Walt! Thanks for sharing!

Craig from Texas
  • Options
    I'd say you did well above average with your hits.
  • Options
    Joerdie, where's the rest of the rips?
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    UGH! Just got word my local dealer is not getting his cases until tomorrow.

EDIT: Thanks for sharing everyone.
  • Options
    The backs of the chromes are really weird. There is a baseball where the card number is. It appears that some of the cards have a bigger ball and others smaller.
    Factory mistake? hmm
  • Options
    Is this card really from heritage or does the guy just have it mislabeled?

Al Auto
  • Options
    I wondered the same thing Cory.
  • Options
    yes the kaline is from heritage. the set is spread across all topps brands just like those fake patches were in last years heritage. There are supposed to be 3 player
    inserted in heritage, I have only see Kaline. Bryce Harper signed in base topps.
  • Options
    Sorry, we were semi sorting and making sure we didn't miss anything. Nothing really of note in the last boxes. Doran, here's hoping your six boxes have a nice HOFer auto and a black refractor in them.

Taking home a Dodger base set and a dupe rookie SP with a Dodger on it. Also a green refractor Casey Blake and a couple Jackie Robinson specials.

Out of the four baseball bucks box toppers, Joe ended up with a Pablo, a Lincy and Brian Wilson. Lots of Giants love in this case. Pretty painful to have to witness it.

Doran, Joe is leaving for the post office in a bit. He's sending insured priority, so it should be Saturday or Monday.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am half way thru with the sorting. It appears this is what I will end up with and hopefully trade to finish up some more sets:

3 Master sets
    1 Master set 75%
    12 Base sets
    2 Base sets 75%
    2 News and Baseball Flashback sets
    1 Nap set
    1 Chrome set 75%
    1 Refractor set 40%
    1 Green refractor set 45%
    1 Black Border set 50%

All stamps, panels, bucks, buybacks, relics, mints, refractors, green ref, black ref. and autos are for sale or trade. I will be doing the master set with red, green, blue and Robinson variations so if you want to trade lmk, I need some help. I am looking to trade to finish the master, base and chrome sets that are 75% complete. Lists will be coming in a day or say, trading should be in full swing by then.

Thanks
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Stopped by my local hobby shop and got I box plus 2 packs from a opened box. How did I do image, buck is jay bruce

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    I opened 4 blasters and I pulled:
    3 Chrome
    1 Prince Fielder GU
    and 2 neat rookies with the yellow missing. Anyone know anything more about this?
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I stopped at the Walmart in Punxsutawney. They had three blasters, a few racks and a groundhog. I bought the blasters. I'll report any great fortune.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Wow, some nice hits here. I really like the coin cards. Please GCX send me a tracking # ! Happy Heritage hunting guys.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Just got home to commence ripping image
  • Options

<< <i>Just got home to commence ripping image >>

HURRY UP!!! image
  • Options
    Get enough Sox auto dupes so we can trade Mike.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    My case from Blowout won't be here until Friday. Market should be saturated by then image

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Box 1 down

Started off great had both a panel and buyback boxtoppers - Royals stamps and Jack Balschun buyback
    First pack had a Clay Buchholz jersey

nothing after that

3 reg chrome
    1 ref (AL Strikout leaders - looks awesome!!
    2 New Age - Pujols and Carlos Gonzalez
    2 BB Flashbacks
    1 News Flashback
    1 Then and Now

no idea what the SPs are so don't know how many of those I got and didn't notice any tints

Is anyone saving the wrappers in case Topps decides to do a wrapper redemption? Or has it already been stated as no?

Do those packs that have a half dollar in it weigh a lot more than a normal pack? You must know instantly if you're about to open one.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    The Musial auto. that just hit ebay looks pretty cool, too! (although, admittedly, the quality of his signature has gone down somewhat over the past decade or two)

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Mike, you are awful slow on reporting....I hope that means you are fighting with the cat over the scanner.
  • Options
    lol no, nothing to scan yet

I rip slow when I'm just beginning a set cause I sort each pack as I open them image
  • Options
    I'll be in buy mode this year - here are my remaining needs for this year's Dodger set:

base team set
    174 Garland
    174 Garland green tint
    174 Garland blue tint
    174 Garland red tint
    444 Furcal
    461 Mitchell

black bordered team set
    all of 'em

Jackie subset
    136, 137, 138, 139, 140, 142, 143, 144

chrome
    C35 Blake (base, refractor, black)
    C43 Mattingly (base, refractor, black, green)
    C62 Kuroda (base, refractor, black, green)
    C79 Billingsley (base, refractor, black, green)
    C92 Loney (base, refractor, black, green)
  • Options
    I'll keep my eye out for you Geordoe. image
  • Options

<< <i>I'll keep my eye out for you Geordoe. image >>

I've noticed several variations in the spelling of Geordie's name today........are you collecting all of them Doran? image
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    Doran,

I don't know if I like the celebrity couple nicknames you are coming up with. A little disturbing to say the least.

I will get some scans up this afternoon.

I didn't hit much of note but I will scan for everyone to see.

I left a black refractor and the Sandy auto in your boxes.

Check your email inbox
  • Options
    I've decided that he and Joe are the same person so I'm trying to come up with a combo name that I like. image
  • Options
    ahhhhh, it all comes together .............Joedie?
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Box 2 ouch - no hit image and got the same buyback I got in box 1 LOL

4 reg chrome
    1 ref
    2 New Age
    2 BB FB
    1 N FB
    1 T & N

baseball bucks Sabathia
  • Options

<< <i>These are sharp cards in hand, best looking Heritage set IMO. >>

No kidding? Really? Have you collected every year? I can't imagine anything would top 2003-2006.
  • Options
    box 3

Josh Johnson GU
    Kennedy Embargo with a 1962 dime
    #141 Jackie Robinson variation

2 reg chrome
    1 ref
    2 new age
    2 bb fb
    2 news fb

dodgers panel

that's it for the night gonna save the last 2 for tomorrow
  • Options
    Finally found some retail, picked up the 3 blasters they had and 5 packs, 4 racks. They had more packs & racks....don't know if I'll go back or not. Reports coming soon.
  • Options

<< <i>.don't know if I'll go back or not. >>

LOL
  • Options
    Racks & packs nothing to report really.
    1 Chrome
    1 Refractor
    2 Short Prints
  • Options
    Not much from the blasters.
    2 Chrome
    9 Short Prints
  • Options
    After my Hal Naragon success TTM, I thought I would buy a few packs. I'm out on the road in IN and bought 15 loose packs from WalMart. I like the cards. I pulled a Upton/McCann stamp and one chrome.

I can't tell what's a blue tint and what is the actual background. To my eye, it looks like McCutchen and Price are blue tints but it may just be the background??

Does anyone have an idea of what the short print numbers are?

I also noticed that the background on Youkilis' card is the old Polo Grounds. I think that is true of Ortiz's card as well.

I can't scan anything as I'm traveling and don't have access to a scanner. Now I have to figure out how to get the cards back home in one piece...
  • Options
    I also have a Brian Bogusevic card that has a white "Rookie" star. It's doubtful that it is a short print of some kind, but I thought I would share so that others can confirm that white is the standard color.
  • Options
    Bought a total of 3 blasters from target.

No Chrome
    No Ink
    2 Black Chrome - Tommy Hanson and NL RBI Leaders

Not bad. Can't complain.

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    All retail for me at this point..
    But nothing to good as of yet but it's still early in the game for me. Good luck to all of you with this years Heritage guys.
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    May be a dumb question, but what exactly would be included in a "Master set" this year?

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    Headed home to 4 boxes and a pizza. Would have been home sooner, but Heritage release always coincides with tax season...oh well.

Report coming.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders