Home Sports Talk

The 2010 Red Sox

15678911»

Comments

• thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The weird thing is, despite today's hideous nightmare of a performance, they still have a better record than the Texas Rangers. >>

Despite your comment, I hope the Red Sox catch and beat the Yankees. They are only 6 games back and are in position to take matters into their own hands as they have six games left against NY. Seeing how the lowly Rangers swept the Yankees last weekend, surely the mighty Sox can sweep them twice.

Go Red Sox!!! I'm sure the Rangers fans are pulling for y'all, I know I am.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    John Lackey might be the best signing of the offseason so far.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Well, we're finally out of our misery. One of the few saving graces of the season was doing our part to prevent the Yankees from winning the AL East by beating them on the last day of the season.

And now we can look forward to offseason signings and trades. The Red Sox will have plenty of money to play with this year. According to the Globe, they'll have $22 million just from Mike Lowell retiring and no longer needing to make payments for Julio Luso and Billy Wagner. Throw in Beltre and V-Mart leaving and that figure grows to $39 million. If David Ortiz goes to another team, the total would go up to $52 million.

It will be fun to watch how things shake out. I'm sure we've all got ideas of who we'd like to see in Boston next year as well as who we wouldn't like to see in Boston next year (Papelblown).

Personally, I'd like to see Carl Crawford get signed. My #1 target is still Adrian Gonzalez but I don't know the likelihood of that happening. At this point, I'd be content to land a guy like Crawford and just wait until Gonzalez becomes a free agent and see what it takes to sign him then.

I think the bulk of the remodeling is going to take place in the bullpen though. That was clearly the team's most deficient area. It's not that exciting from a fan's standpoint but it is definitely necessary.

What are your thoughts and hopes for the offseason?
  • BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, we're finally out of our misery. One of the few saving graces of the season was doing our part to prevent the Yankees from winning the AL East by beating them on the last day of the season.

And now we can look forward to offseason signings and trades. The Red Sox will have plenty of money to play with this year. According to the Globe, they'll have $22 million just from Mike Lowell retiring and no longer needing to make payments for Julio Luso and Billy Wagner. Throw in Beltre and V-Mart leaving and that figure grows to $39 million. If David Ortiz goes to another team, the total would go up to $52 million.

It will be fun to watch how things shake out. I'm sure we've all got ideas of who we'd like to see in Boston next year as well as who we wouldn't like to see in Boston next year (Papelblown).

Personally, I'd like to see Carl Crawford get signed. My #1 target is still Adrian Gonzalez but I don't know the likelihood of that happening. At this point, I'd be content to land a guy like Crawford and just wait until Gonzalez becomes a free agent and see what it takes to sign him then.

I think the bulk of the remodeling is going to take place in the bullpen though. That was clearly the team's most deficient area. It's not that exciting from a fan's standpoint but it is definitely necessary.

What are your thoughts and hopes for the offseason? >>

how about a thread for the topic. This thread is saddening and maddening!