Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OFFICIAL Topps Million Card Giveaway Thread - Post your "wins" on 2/15!

Comments

• Options
    If the person who offered me the 62 Hook and the 70 Dalrymple for the 58 Jim Grant reads this board; please send offer again; I tried to accept your offer but the system failed me.

Update; Despite the error message; the trade went through -- but it would have been nice NOT to see the error message, Zep check again; your trade may have gone through -0- but that error message sucked

Thanks!
    Rich

Note to BKing:

See my problem; and that was a trade I TRIED to accept. Darn system

Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    yeah, I had some guy offer me 2 1972 commons for a 1989 Nolan Ryan Turn Back The Clock card. Tried to accept and it failed image
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    I got 1 78 Bob Stanley for a 99 Chipper Jones and a 69 Mets Pitcher (forget his name) for a 76 Cey.

Mep- the Stanley is yours if you want/need it
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Contest 1: Most 2009 Cards
    Prize: 3 Boxes of 2010 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on Apr 18, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, April 19, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 2: Most Catchers
    Prize: Johnny Bench Autographed Baseball
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on May 2, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, May 3, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 3: Most Red Sox
    Prize: 2 boxes of 2009 Topps Tribute Baseball
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on May 16, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, May 17, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 4: Most 1968 Cards
    Prize: Unopened Pack of 1968 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on May 30, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, May 31, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 5: Most Giants (SF or NY)
    Prize: 2001 Willie Mays Auto card
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on June 13, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, June 14, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 6: Most Cardinals Cards
    Prize: Albert Pujols Autographed Mini Helmet
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on June 27, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, June 28, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 7: Most 1955 Cards
    Prize: Unopened Pack of 1955 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on July 11, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, July 12, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 8: Most cards featuring 2010 All Star Starters
    Prize: 200 Topps HD Derek Jeter Auto
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on July 25, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, July 26, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 9: Most Yankees
    Prize: Reggie Jackson Autographed Baseball
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on August 8, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, August 9, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 10: Most 2nd basemen
    Prize: 3 Boxes of 2010 Topps Baseball Series 2
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on August 22, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, August 23, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 11: Most 1968 St Louis Cardinal Cards
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on September 5, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, September 6, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 12: Most Mets
    Prize: Nolan Ryan and Tom Seaver Baseballs
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on September 19, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, September 20, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 13: Most Red Sox
    Prize: 3 Boxes of 2010 Allen & Ginter
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on October 3, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, October 4, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 14: Most 1975 Cards
    Prize: 3 Unopened Packs of 1975 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on October 17, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, October 18, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 15: Most 1968 Detroit Tiger Cards
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on October 31, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, November 1, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 16: Most Cards from team that wins the 2010 World Series (any year)
    Prize: Three 2010 Topps Complete Sets
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on November 14, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, November 15, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 17: Most 3rd basemen
    Prize: Yogi Berra Auto card
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on November 28, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, November 29, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 18: Most 1960 Cards
    Prize: Unopened Pack of 1960 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on December 12, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, December 13, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 19: Most cards with first name "David"
    Prize: 2 Boxes of 2010 Triple Threds
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on December 26, 2010
    Winner: TBA Monday, December 27, 2010 upon verification of results.

Contest 20: Most 1987 Cards
    Prize: 3 Unopened Packs of 1974 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on January 9, 2011
    Winner: TBA Monday, January 10, 2011 upon verification of results.
  • Options
    Didn't someone have a boat load of '55's from the redemption? If so, looks like they may be winning a '55 pack!
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    yup, I sent a PM to RCRacer when that contest came out, I think he has 155 different ones! If someone has more, I would be shocked. Also, Kat I had sent a PM about some of your 52 topps if you still want to move them lmk.

Ted
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    Contest 20: Most 1987 Cards
    Prize: 3 Unopened Packs of 1974 Topps
    Ends: 11:59pm ET on January 9, 2011
    Winner: TBA Monday, January 10, 2011 upon verification of results.

thats why they have redeemed so many of those

I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options

<< <i>yup, I sent a PM to RCRacer when that contest came out, I think he has 155 different ones! If someone has more, I would be shocked. Also, Kat I had sent a PM about some of your 52 topps if you still want to move them lmk.

Ted >>

Actually Ted, I'm taking delivery on them--just trying to move a handful of cards before delivery. I made a lopsided trade for one of the autos to get the free shipping, so now I'm just looking to weed out the four or five cards I could live without.

1955 #66 Ron Jackson
    1959 #475 Jack Harshman
    1970 #323 Wayne Comer
    1971 #479 Dennis Higgins
    1972 #97 Tom Kelley

Would really like a '61 high number if possible
  • Options
    After being disappointed by the topps contests (they totally ignored the first professional baseball team). I just traded the last of the cards I had that weren't in line with what I wanted delivered to me. Was fun while it lasted!

Thanks kathy!
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    Having not received the cards which I ordered and paid for three weeks ago (March 17) , I called Topps Customer Service this afternoon. The man I spoke with told me that Topps was "experiencing trouble" delivering some of the orders. All I needed to do was wait "a few more weeks"; if the cards didn't arrive by then, I could call back. When I asked what would happen then, he had no answer.
    Just wondering how many of you here had received your orders.
  • Options
    has it been 4 to 6 weeks?,,, thats their out,,bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    wooo hooo, maybe yours is next just got this in my email,,,bj

Thank you for your order

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Got liquored up and made a trade, here's what's left

1952 Willard Marshall (Braves)
    1959 Luis Aparicio (White Sox)
    1959 Hector Lopez (KC A's)
    1961 Clem Labine (pirates)
    1962 Joey Jay (reds)
    1976 Doug Griffin (Red Sox)
    Pete Rose Special (1979-1982)
    1987 Steve Garvey (Padres)
    1987 Don Mattingly All star
    1989 Will Clark (Giants)
    2002 Playoff Bound Astros (#356)
    2005 Ron Gardenhire (Twins)
    2005 Luis Ramirez (Orioles)

• Options

<< <i>Having not received the cards which I ordered and paid for three weeks ago (March 17) , I called Topps Customer Service this afternoon. The man I spoke with told me that Topps was "experiencing trouble" delivering some of the orders. All I needed to do was wait "a few more weeks"; if the cards didn't arrive by then, I could call back. When I asked what would happen then, he had no answer.
    Just wondering how many of you here had received your orders. >>

I got an email tonight from them with my UPS tracking #. Should have mine in a few days now. I had ordered mine the 2nd day of availability

• Options

<< <i>Got liquored up and made a trade, here's what's left

1952 Willard Marshall (Braves)
    1959 Luis Aparicio (White Sox)
    1962 Joey Jay (reds)
    1976 Doug Griffin (Red Sox)
    1987 Steve Garvey (Padres)
    1988 Gary Carter (Mets)
    2005 Ron Gardenhire (Twins)
    2005 Luis Ramirez (Orioles) >>

"Just sent you a PM ref trade" paedog
  • Options
    I'm interested in the 59 Aparicio. Are you looking for a particular player, team, year, in trade?
  • Options
    fattymacs -- I'm interested in the 59 Aparicio. Are you looking for a particular player, team, year, in trade? paedog
  • Options
    evil.... someone saw I was done with the Topps Million so they offered me a '55 for my 2008 Adam Dunn...
  • Options
    I keep trying for the 53 Klu, no luck.
  • Options

<< <i>I keep trying for the 53 Klu, no luck. >>

you interested in trading the 59 Aparicio? paedog
  • Options

<< <i>I keep trying for the 53 Klu, no luck. >>

let me know if you want to work on a trade for the aparacio 59? I'm building a 59 set.
  • Options
    Still trying to trade down to less cards, let me know if you want to seperate a more expensive card for two or more of mine, I have a couple 52 hi #'s but they are out of the picture unless it was about 1.5 to 2x book

want 52's and 52's hi's and will settle for stars, red sox, or 53's
    My 52 Hi numbers are sacred

Bob Wellman 1952
    Bob Wellman / Outfield / Philadelphia Athletics
    Card Number: 41A

Lou Kretlow 1952
    Lou Kretlow / Pitcher / Chicago White Sox
    Card Number: 42A

Willie Jones 1952
    Willie Jones / Third Base / Philadelphia Phillies
    Card Number: 47A

Marv Rickert 1952
    Marv Rickert / Outfield / Chicago White Sox
    Card Number: 50A

Jim Russel 1952
    Jim Russel / Outfield / Brooklyn Dodgers
    Card Number: 51

Virgil Stallcup 1952
    Virgil Stallcup / Shortstop / Cincinnati Reds
    Card Number: 69A

Dale Coogan 1952
    Dale Coogan / First Base / Pittsburgh Pirates
    Card Number: 87

Sam Zoldak 1952
    Sam Zoldak / Pitcher / Philadelphia Athletics
    Card Number: 231

Jim Wilson 1952
    Jim Wilson / Pitcher / Boston Braves
    Card Number: 276

Hal Newhouser 1953
    Hal Newhouser / Pitcher / Detroit Tigers
    Card Number: 228

Bill Norman 1953
    Bill Norman / Coach / St. Louis Browns
    Card Number: 245

Johnny Pesky 1954
    Johnny Pesky / Second Base / Detroit Tigers
    Card Number: 63

Frank Smith 1954
    Frank Smith / Pitcher / Cincinnati Redlegs
    Card Number: 71

Clem Labine 1954
    Clem Labine / Pitcher / Brooklyn Dodgers
    Card Number: 121

Tony Conigliaro 1965
    Tony Conigliaro / Outfield / Boston Red Sox
    Card Number: 55

Have to be wowed on the Tony C, I have refused close to 40$ already
  • Options
    JohnnyDJohnnyD Posts: 520 ✭✭
    The prices for unredeemed cards are outrageous now. A lot of 30 just sold on ebay for $183. $6.00 apiece? Really? Before the website went active I bought a lot of 10 for $12.00....
  • Options
    Since I don't think anyone has shared how exactly their order was shipped from Topps yet, I'll go ahead and share mine.

I "withdrew" 22 cards on 3/16/10 for a total of $14.05. They shipped via UPS in a 6x9 padded envelope. Each card was in a penny sleeve and inside a top loader, with the exception of the 1953 that was without the penny sleeve (due to size). The condition of the cards we what we pretty much have expected all along. Hit and miss, but mostly miss. They did screw up one card on my checklist. Instead of receiving my 1960 Billy Goodman, they gave me a 1976 #69 Hegan Father & Son card. Yeah... that sucked.

Overall I'm very satisfied with my cards. Especially since I used my own redemption cards pulled from packs, and from trades. I never did buy redemptions on ebay (not that there is anything wrong with that), and I made more than my money back from the 2010 Topps Product. Anyway, here are the pics and scans:

• Options
    To add to my post above, in regards to the 1960 screw-up, the 1960 card was check-marked on the invoice as if it was added to my order. Not sure what I'm going to do about it, but I suppose I can contact them and see what they say.
  • Options

<< <i>The prices for unredeemed cards are outrageous now. A lot of 30 just sold on ebay for $183. $6.00 apiece? Really? Before the website went active I bought a lot of 10 for $12.00.... >>

$6 each is crazy! May be a good time to start selling, or wait till series 2 comes out, and try for t-206's?
  • Options
    paedog, not looking for anything in particular. It's gotta be pretty good for me dump Luis. I could trade it for squat next week, but for now I'm just checking the offer once a day.
  • Options
    I have a 1970 Jake Gibbs card that I must have had close to 50 offers for since this program began. None of them have been of a card of the same year or older than the Gibbs so I've turned them all down. Was wondering why this card is so popular and was thinking maybe I had the only one or something. I just checked and there are 9 of them.

So I just offered my Jake Gibbs card up for the same card. Wonder if it'll get accepted image
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I have a 1970 Jake Gibbs card that I must have had close to 50 offers for since this program began. None of them have been of a card of the same year or older than the Gibbs so I've turned them all down. Was wondering why this card is so popular and was thinking maybe I had the only one or something. I just checked and there are 9 of them.

So I just offered my Jake Gibbs card up for the same card. Wonder if it'll get accepted image >>

It's a Yankee, it's low pop graded, and its a semi-high number. Other than that....

In fact, there are almost as many in the Topps Million card population as there are 9's & 10's in the Pop Report.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have a 1970 Jake Gibbs card that I must have had close to 50 offers for since this program began. None of them have been of a card of the same year or older than the Gibbs so I've turned them all down. Was wondering why this card is so popular and was thinking maybe I had the only one or something. I just checked and there are 9 of them.

So I just offered my Jake Gibbs card up for the same card. Wonder if it'll get accepted image >>

Sent you an offer: 1968 Jerry McNertney for the Gibbs. Looking to build on my Yankees (1960-1974). If it works, great. If not, I understand...
  • Options

<< <i>

Sent you an offer: 1968 Jerry McNertney for the Gibbs. Looking to build on my Yankees (1960-1974). If it works, great. If not, I understand... >>

got any Red Sox?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sent you an offer: 1968 Jerry McNertney for the Gibbs. Looking to build on my Yankees (1960-1974). If it works, great. If not, I understand... >>

got any Red Sox? >>

Only Red Sox card is a 2007 Alex Cora... Want me to add it to the McNerney?
  • Options
    nah, now that I know why I get so many requests, i might just keep it now or hold out for something really good if I get lucky - sorry man

• Options
    zep:

Did you accept the trade? Cuz the Gibbs now shows in my collection...seconds after I sent the McNerney and Cora offer... ???
  • Options
    got em,, some good some bad, heres a few,,,bj

This is my prize of the batch i guess
  • Options

<< <i>zep:

Did you accept the trade? Cuz the Gibbs now shows in my collection...seconds after I sent the McNerney and Cora offer... ??? >>

nope, wasn't me. Guess you got one of the other 8 - congrats

• Options
    question for jeffmcbay and bigjohn--looks to me from the scans that the '63s are in the best shape. Are they?
  • Options
    Hello new to posting here, but I have been following this thread all Month......I paid on March 16 and still waiting for the few redemptions I paid for......also I decided to put my remaining cards on ebay in one lot 215+. I can transfer them into your account if you buy them....Im going to wait till series 2 comes out , then get some more redemption cards and maybe try for t-206's... I wonder how many of them Topps bought back? Im sure it's not many...anyway please keep posting the pic's when you receive your cards, I enjoy seeing them....If your interested in the 215 I have let me know.....Dee
  • Options

<< <i>question for jeffmcbay and bigjohn--looks to me from the scans that the '63s are in the best shape. Are they? >>

I'd say the 63s might be the best cards, but the colored bottoms can really show the wear/chipping. Centering is what really killed me with these cards. The Frank Shea and Billy Martin have really bad rubber ban marks. It seems like these really ARE my Dad's Cards that his Mom Threw Out.
  • Options
    downtowndowntown Posts: 671 ✭✭✭
    link to ebay auction please
    or item number
    I collect Seattle Pilots autographs, 1969 Topps autographs, Signed Mickey Mantle Home Run History cards and have a JC Martin collection (he was my college Baseball coach)
    Doug
  • Options
    I should have 52 high number in about an hour or so image

• Options
    $400 bones

400$
  • Options
    Here are the 23 I asked for so far. Overall pretty happy. The Mazeroski is a beauty. Appears that they dogeared the 52 when putting it in the holder though image

• Options

<< <i>I should have 52 high number in about an hour or so image >>

Who is it and are you willing to trade? :-D
  • Options
    The hacker is very nice
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I should have 52 high number in about an hour or so image >>

Who is it and are you willing to trade? :-D >>

top card in the post above yours - it's a beater and stained (top right corner - that round thing isn't supposed to be there but looks like part of the card)
  • Options
    Gotcha.. Oh well, For sure not expecting much out of the high 52's!
    Still cool to have! :-)
  • Options
    Just redeemed 3 codes and got a 1954 Red Sox player Sid Hudson

Got 10 more to redeem later but I'll have to fight through the cards that surround them first

• Options
    Must have been a good day for 54's as I picked up an Angel Scull today and I swear within 15 minutes there was a trade offer (easy to turn down as nothing good in the one I saw) for that card.

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!