Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The official 2010 Topps Heritage thread: rip, sort, trade

Comments

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Probably going to buy a case this year.
  • Options
    I'm officially excited now, a month away and I just ordered 4 cases....by far my biggest heritage purchase to date.
  • Options
    Can someone fill me in on the Topps Heritage. What sets it apart from the others? What are the tough pulls for this specific brand?
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    RUN!!!!

Heritage 2010 is live

I'm not sure how true this is, but I know what I'll be doing today.

Well, at least it was some wishful thinking.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    I just looked at the checklist and saw a Dual Real One Auto with Yaz and Pedroia!!!! OMFG I would do bad things to good people for it! If anyone hits one please let me know since I would trade you my soul for it!
  • Options
    Your soul huh? I've always wanted one of those. image I'm just hoping that the checklist doesn't change too much as it looks like there will be some good hits for Cardinals collectors this year. With four cases coming I better pull something decent.
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    The 2010 Heritage link was funny..................
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    This should be fun again this year.
  • Options
    No problem Mick.

I have 2 Hobby cases and 2 retail cases ordered. I have 1 hobby case for Geordie but I will probably have at least 1 case availible.

Then again, I might open the other 3. I am a little torn.

I am with you, Doran. This should be fun.
  • Options
    Should be a blast Joe, you just need to get in on the trading early this year. If you need me to split that 2nd hobby case with you I might be able to work something out.
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Just to start the hype, I just received this in the mail today and couldn't be happier since I am 1.) a Heritage collector 2.) a Lincecum collector and 3.) a Giants' fan.

IWTDMBII
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I'm pleased to announce that I will probably purchase a package of this product
  • Options
    Does anyone have a checklist in Excel format?
  • Options
    Try this website:

http://magazine-exchange.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=3
    Checklist link

This is where I get most of my pre-release info and excel checklists.
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    Thanks for your help!!
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Topps Heritage Production:

Just curious if everyone agrees that 2009 production was cut a great deal. Here's a VERY Rough production estimate over the years tied to the Chrome insert rate.
    (2008 is MUCH higher than this because the retail odds {1:59} were a great deal higher than HOBBY.)

Topps Heritage pack Production:
    Chrome count.....per pack hobby odds.....Total cards......Minimum Pack production estimate
    2001 552.....................25.........................110...................1518000
    2002 553.....................29.........................100...................1603700
    2003 1954......................8.........................100...................1563200
    2004 1955......................7.........................110...................1505350
    2005 1956......................7.........................110...................1506120
    2006 1957......................9.........................109...................1919817
    2007 1958....................11.........................110...................2369180
    2008 1959......................8.........................100...................1567200 (understated)
    2009 1960......................6.........................100...................1176000

Any guesses on 2010 production? For those of you who sell a lot of Heritage, any differences in set selling prices for 2009?

I have a complete 2001 Topps Heritage Chrome set, glad to see these cards are appreciating, that's a rarity for most of my hobby purchases. Glad I'm a collector and not an investor. Otherwise I'd be out of business.

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Forgive me for the breach of etiquette - I have at least one, and maybe two cases of hobby available. Please PM for details.
  • Options
    I think 2010 is going to do well.

i may be alone in the thought, but horizontal cards never did much for me
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    I'm in again in 2010.

Pretty much committing all my chase collecting to Heritage. The 1960s are my big collecting decade so we are entering the Heritage period that brings back the most memories for me. I'll always purchase a base set of Topps each year to keep my consecutive sets streak going, but I'm going after the Heritage master set, autos, game used, chrome, and refractors. Purchased a case on line last week from Atlanta Sportscards for $715 with free shipping. I thought that was a decent price for a case. I'll be ready for some trades next month.

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    You can believe that master set builders will be hitting ebay hard and early this year. There are big time collectors out there who won't mind
    spending big money on the harder to pull inserts..usually the #ed to 25 auto relic cards.

Over the past 10 years there have been plenty of high end sales as far as topps heritage is concerned. Back in 2001 chromes were cheap, trading at 30% of
    book value. The red ink autographs have always been big sellers. There are at least two big collectors who have registered PSA sets, but you have to wonder
    if the magic of those sets is wearing thin when no namers are showing up on the checklists.

The great thing about heritage, from a money stand point, is that the top tier cards were always great, that trickled down, to the refractors, to the chromes, to the
    SP's to the base cards. If you can get collectors excited about ripping into packs, even with the "hit" has already been pulled, then you are doing things right.

I was looking through an old issue of fair value, a price guide that came out in the late 90's which gave values and reviews of cards based not upon sale
    values, but they took into account rarity and other factors. Here is what they said about 2001 topps heritage back in the winter of 2001.

STRENGTHS: We estimate this will be realatively short printed. Set building is a reasonable challenge. If all else fails, you do get a slab of gum in every pack
    WEEKNESSES: In our opinion, this product is cleary an attempt to clone the successful novelty of the 1963 throwback cards featured in last year's Fleer Tradition
    baseball. Clones have a poor track record of success. Do we really need swatches of Koream War military uniforms passed off as memorablila cards?

end quote..................

If you picked up a beckett this month you saw they had decade award winners, the product of the decade...........you guessed it...01 topps heritage.

Here is to another 10 years!

Walt
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Well, thanks to Craig I found the thread! I think I am going to love the set this year, more than last. There are a ton of inserts and putting together anything close of a true master set will be really tough. I just hope Michael Eisner stresses quality control at Topps. That was one of his strengths at Disney. Well going out and getting my 5,000 count monster boxes. Think I'll need two!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Will you guys put together more than one set? I'm sure i will! If so how many?
  • Options
    Here is a blast from the past, might this be the earliest saved heritage thread?

Link
  • Options
    Actually here is the first ever topps heritage post, made in 2001, before it was named official!

01 heritage link

ahh what history!
  • Options
    PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS
    - 500 Stars Of Today And Yesterday On The 1961 Topps Design!
    - New! Chase ‘61
    - New! Framed Topps Stamps!
    - New! Topps Dice Game Card Backs!
    - On-Card Autographs & Relics From 1961 Legends & Today’s Stars!
    - Gum In Every Pack!

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    BASE CARDS (500) All players on vintage paper stock featuring the classic 1961 Topps card design!
    - Rookies, Veterans, Legends (425)
    - Short Prints (75) Inserted 1:3 Packs!

CHROME PARALLEL CARDS(300 total cards)
    - Black-Bordered (100) #’d to 61
    - Refractor (100) #’d to 561
    - Chrome (100) #’d to 1961

NEW! CHASE ‘61 (32 total cards)
    - Ruth Chase ‘61 (1 subj;14 cards)
    *Relic Parallel (14) #’d to 3 – Hobby Exclusive!
    - Chase ‘61 Dual Relic (1) hand #’d to 5
    - Chase ‘61 Triple Relic (1) hand #’d to 5
    - Chase ‘61 Dual Cut (1) #’d 1 of 1 – Hobby Exclusive!
    - Chase ‘61 Triple Cut (1) #’d 1 of 1 – Hobby Exclusive!

NEW! TOPPS STAMPS (TBD)
    - Topps Stamps (207) #’d to 50
    - Buyback Topps Stamps (TBD) Hobby Exclusive!

INSERT CARDS (45 total cards) 6 PER BOX!
    - New Age Performers (15)
    - Then and Now (10)
    - Baseball Flashbacks (10)
    - News Flashbacks (10)

AUTOGRAPHED RELIC- CARDS (20) One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box! All Autographs Signed Directly On Each Card!
    - Flashback Stadium Relics (5) hand #’d to 25!
    - Clubhouse Collection Relics (10) hand #’d to 25!
    - Clubhouse Collection Dual (5) hand #’d to 10 – Hobby Exclusive!

AUTOGRAPHED- CARDS (65+ total cards) One Autographed or Relic Card Per Box! All Autographs Signed Directly On Each Card!
    - Real One (20+)
    - Real One Spec Ed (Red Ink) (20+) hand #’d to 61-Hobby Exclusive!
    - Real One Dual Autographs (10) hand #’d to 25 – Hobby Exclusive!
    - Flashbacks (5) hand #’d to 25
    - 1961 Cut Signatures (10) #’d 1 of 1!

RELIC- CARDS (43) One Relic or Autographed Card Per Box!
    - Clubhouse Collection (40+)
    - Clubhouse Collection Dual (5) hand #’d to 61
    - Flashback Stadium Relics (10)
    - Dual Flashbacks (5) hand #’d to 10

BOX LOADER – HOBBY EXCLUSIVE!
    - Advertising Panels – 1:2 Boxes! Alternates w/Topps Stamp Album
    - Topps Stamp Album – 1:2 Boxes! Alternates w/Advertising Panels
    - 1961 Topps Originals – 1:2 Boxes!

I was hoping the Stamps would be a little easier to collect, I thought that was a cool twist, but it looks like I may be able to get lucky to get just one.
  • Options
    Wow, this thread is like a ghost town! I guess it will all change in 2 weeks.

Goerdie, you still got that extra case? I think I'm gonna need it! Yes, I'm serious...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    86nova86nova Posts: 187 ✭✭
    Perhaps I am asking a question that no one has an answer for, regarding the stamps. Will the same two players always appear together?

RE: Say Jeter & Sizemore appear on a stamp together. Is that going to be it for those two? Or might Jeter appear on a different stamp

with another player like Zito? 86 nova (Craig in Ohio)
  • Options
    Oh man, talk about the variations! I hope not!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    OK, this is going to be good, gotta a case getting shipped in (with help from Geordie) and I just reserved another 1/2 case from my local card shop (What's on Second). I really hope to pull some good stuff. I will keep 2-3 boxes for backup, but most of this stuff is going to get ripped!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    jmmiller777, where are you? One of the local shops near me is What's on Second. Is it Jordan's place in San Mateo?
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Ok - now REALLY jumping the gun. Next year... regular tints AND green tints?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Alma,

Regarding your pack production numbers, the problem with using the chrome insert rate for hobby only is that we don't know the ratio of how many of the total chrome production run was allocated to retail versus hobby. Its probably much closer to figure out the pack run rate via the hobby-only inserts.

I have it on good source that the production run increased significantly in 2006. I think your numbers are only hinting at the increase. I think that increase was maintained for 07 and to a lesser extent in 08.

I do believe that 2009 shortprints are equally as hard to come by as 2001 hi#s. The 2009 boxes as well as sets sell for higher than any other recent heritage run as well.

As for 2010, all indications are that it will probably be equally printed to 2009, rather than the 2006-2008 period.

- jim
  • Options

<< <i>jmmiller777, where are you? One of the local shops near me is What's on Second. Is it Jordan's place in San Mateo? >>

No I am in San Antonio, TX. I grew up in the Los Altos/Mountain View Area. I'm also considering a move back to CA, gotta job offer in San Pablo. It's a pretty good one too, but I am not sure I want to live in that area and have to commute an hour a day each way. Are there a lot of shops in the Bay Area? I know there used to be a lot of card shows and events.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    I just saw this on another message board, check it out:

2010 Topps Heritage Info
  • Options
    i have a stupid question,,, what do you guys do with the gum they stick in the packs, i bought some high number packs and got this Gosh aweful tasting gum in every pack,, is this just an attemt to stick with the "heritage" theme?,, taste like that pine tar gum i got at cooperstown when i was a kid,, lol,, bj
    imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i have a stupid question,,, what do you guys do with the gum they stick in the packs, i bought some high number packs and got this Gosh aweful tasting gum in every pack,, is this just an attemt to stick with the "heritage" theme?,, taste like that pine tar gum i got at cooperstown when i was a kid,, lol,, bj >>

I chew some, let my kids have some, let them give away some and throw away a bunch. The gum is not great, but '09 Heritage High gum was much worse than previous sets (including regular '09 Heritage) for some reason.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>i have a stupid question,,, what do you guys do with the gum they stick in the packs, i bought some high number packs and got this Gosh aweful tasting gum in every pack,, is this just an attemt to stick with the "heritage" theme?,, taste like that pine tar gum i got at cooperstown when i was a kid,, lol,, bj >>

I put in my neighbors gas tank...image
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    tillertiller Posts: 149 ✭✭

<< <i>I just saw this on another message board, check it out:

2010 Topps Heritage Info[/

Walt, thanks for the great info.. Great reading. Looking forward to another year of heritage. Dave.
  • Options
    The first year that I collected Heritage I chewed the gum, I had 2 cavities the next time I went to the dentist.

First cavity since my teens.

Never chewed the gum again, no cavities.

I wasn't going to build the set this year but I'm starting to get the itch.

I'll wait until the first boxes break, but I bet you will see me trading here again this year.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    edit: Beckett is getting a box to play with - the pics in the link are merely more images that came available. In my haste to post before I had to head back to work, I didn't read the opening paragraph in the blog closely enough.

Just saw a thread over on FCB that said Beckett got a box to play with. Here's a linky, and here are some pics from the break:

• Options

<< <i>Just saw a thread over on FCB that said Beckett got a box to play with. Here's a linky, >>

That Elvis Andrus is a sweet looking card. Cannot wait for this set!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Geez they really washed out the colors. Orginal '61 cards color is better than those.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭
    That Ichiro MVP card is nice. How big is that subset?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    They should make all the World Series cards o/c like the original 61's.

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great looking cards
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    It almost looks like they used the same picture of Jeter for the 2006 ('57), 2008 ('59) and 2010 ('61) cards.
  • Options
    My first reaction is that the colors and photos look completely washed out, moreso even than the last two years.
  • Options
    I'm really hoping that the washed out look is due to the scans. I'm getting pumped now, 4 more days well maybe 5 for me depending on when they ship out.
  • Options

<< <i>My first reaction is that the colors and photos look completely washed out, moreso even than the last two years. >>

First thing I thought too. The original 61's have better photography.