Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The official 2010 Topps Heritage thread: rip, sort, trade

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few binder labels I whipped up this morning:

• Options
    I, echo the sentiments, that the current flame war between Walt and LSU could best be taken to emails.

Regards
    Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    Is anybody chasing any particular autos/relics? I've been chasing the cardinals stamps/autos/relics and it's going to kill me. I've got a blaster case coming Walt.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    I have tried to pick up some Ryan Howard but so far nothing. He actually has an autgoraphed bat in the set, but no real one auto. I guess he just charges too
    much for topps to put him in a product that costs 3 bucks a pack. I can't wait for retail.
  • Options
    I've managed to pick up a few, but some have just gone way out of my price range, I'll get some scans up when they start arriving.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Doran, I've got a Wainwright GU if you need/want it?

Talking about team collecting, the Giants crap is EXPENSIVE! I've been trying to pick up the Blacks and ALL have been getting at least $30 per.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    I have always made the majority of my box and case purchases on the hobby side.
    When it comes to Heritage and everyone's history with the product, what are the pros and cons of hobby vs. retail?
    Is retail the better buy if you are targeting to complete the set and hobby has the bigger pull potential?
    My cost per hobby box for 2010 was $59.59, how does that compare to what retail is priced?
    Are blaster boxes preferred over 24 pack retail boxes?

just looking for some Heritage veteran education, I've collected all the base Heritage sets, but as Heritage moves into the 1960s, this will be the major and probably the only product I will purchase new. Most of my past Heritage sets were built via ebay and sportlots purchase. thanks for the info, Mark
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options

<< <i>Doran, I've got a Wainwright GU if you need/want it?

Talking about team collecting, the Giants crap is EXPENSIVE! I've been trying to pick up the Blacks and ALL have been getting at least $30 per. >>

Easy solution - collect Dodgers! No autos this year, six GU that will be easy squeazy lemon peasy to pick up, and only three black refractors. Not even a high number this year. Woo hoo!

• Options
    Speaking of Dodgers Geordie, I'm about done sorting so I should be able to put your team set and the two relics in the mail for you tomorrow. Coot, thanks for the offer but wainwright was on of only two cardinals I pulled from my cases. Are you going after the Giants stamps as well Coot? Geordie what about you and the Dodgers stamps?
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My new needs list, please help me finish before I go buy another case. image

NEEDS:
    BASE: 12,14,59,89,91(2),111,140,171,184,187,214,268,322,399
    CHROME: 3,23,25,27,35,39,47,49,52,57,64,66,71,79,96
    DICE BACK: MAUER, AROD, J UPTON, DICE-K, JETER,ICHIRO, HANLEY, VLAD
    CHASE: #60 RUTH
    SP’S: 428,430,433,435,438,459,463(TEX),479,485,486,494,498
    NAP: 2
    TN: 6

AVAILABLE:
    CHROME: 2,5,8,9(2),11,14X2,15,28,3032,40,61,65,70,73,78,80,81,88,89,93,100
    REFRACTORS: 8,12,19,20,30,42,45,47,50,54,63, 67,68,69,70,72,80,82,90,91,97,99X2
    SP’S: 436
    BF: 1x4,3x2,4x3,6,7,8x3,9,10x2
    NAP: 5
    TN: 1x2,4,8x2,10
    NF: 2x2,5x2,6,7,8,10
    ’61: 1x3,2x2,4x2,5x2,6,7x4,9x2,10,11,12
    STAMPS: GUILLEN/HARDEN
    SSP: 463X2
    DICE: PUJOLS
    CC:Millwood,Howard,Ethier,Berkman,Marmol,Bulger,Baldelli,Guzman,Sabathia,Wood,
    Navarro
    Seat: Piersall
    Dual: Mantle/Teixeira
  • Options
    Just ripped through a retail box.....kinda disappointed
    7 sp's
    2 bf
    2 nf
    2 t&n
    2 nap
    1 chrome

wtf?
  • Options
    Doran, yes, I am. I have one with Cain, but need to find the checklist and see what other ones there are that feature Giants (that would be the impending National League West champions!).

I will post my trade list in a bit once I start to recoup, but I have a Maris SP chase card if anybody wants to swap for it.

Coot
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    I'd like to see a stamp checklist as well, I can tell you there is also an A. Rod / Lincecum stamp that will set you back a bit.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Several obersvations here. After five boxes from the case and one box from another source, I have not had any significant pulls:

1)The Ruth pulls are too numerous and I am tired of pulling them. I have not pulled any variations (unless they got passed me) as of yet.
    2)The TN and NAP are also tuff pulls.
    3)What the hell is that color bar card doing in one of my packs? Couldn't I just have another card?
    4) Six GU and two dice backs highlight my dedication to a controlled rip.
    5)No black fracts, no auto, nothing else
    6)Could the little disclaimer on the top of the box (WARNING:CHOKING HAZARD) mean just that? So far I am choking on any decent pulls!

A break, some chanting, and a signature dance is called for, right after I go eat a one pounder from Five Guys! Something has to change...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options

<< <i>I'd like to see a stamp checklist as well, I can tell you there is also an A. Rod / Lincecum stamp that will set you back a bit. >>

A Rod has at least two stamps, maybe three. I have been bidding and won several on ebay. Going for some of the cheapies for $5-$10. I really blew the chance on the BIN $60
    A Rod. I have a pretty good checklist of stamps I got from one of the sites stated on this thread. Not sure how accurate it really is.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options

<< <i>Just ripped through a retail box.....kinda disappointed
    7 sp's
    2 bf
    2 nf
    2 t&n
    2 nap
    1 chrome

wtf? >>

We will be able to answer Alma's question better if you could post some odds. Where did you get this retail box? No Maris or Mantle inserts?

• Options
    2 and a half box hobby rip highlights:

CC Sabathia Black Ref
    Kinsler/Upton Stamps /50
    Jerseys of Young,Navarro and Aramis
  • Options

the link is where I got it from and the scan is of the pack link
  • Options
    Found 3 boxes by the side of the road at lunch today.

Those should get me through tonight until my other case arrives tomorrow image
  • Options
    there were no maris or mantle inserts in the retail box sorry about the scan of the pack. I don't know how to post so you can see it
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Those retail odds don't look so attractive. Chrome 1:18?? Clubhouse collection 1:63. Dice cards appear to be the same odds as hobby.

Wonder what the odds are on blaster boxes?

-Mark
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    I think the Target retail might be better.....I hope
  • Options
    Geordie, you started the thread this year it's about time we see some rips from you. image
  • Options
    Note to TNP -- TY for letting me know I had never turned on my PM's. They should be operational now

Regards
    Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options

<< <i>

7 sp's
    2 bf
    2 nf
    2 t&n
    2 nap
    1 chrome

wtf? >>

We will be able to answer Alma's question better if you could post some odds. Where did you get this retail box? No Maris or Mantle inserts? >>

And only 1 chrome, wow? Back to my original question a while back on the blasters; are they made specifically for Wal-Mart and Target? If so, there must be a third line made for non Wal-Mart and Target Retail outlets, right?
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

7 sp's
    2 bf
    2 nf
    2 t&n
    2 nap
    1 chrome

wtf? >>

We will be able to answer Alma's question better if you could post some odds. Where did you get this retail box? No Maris or Mantle inserts? >>

And only 1 chrome, wow? Back to my original question a while back on the blasters; are they made specifically for Wal-Mart and Target? If so, there must be a third line made for non Wal-Mart and Target Retail outlets, right? >>

I think you're right, walmart & Target have their own and places like MLB.com, Sports Athority and Dick's Sporting goods have a different blaster version mostly filled with crap
  • Options
    Phew, there's some serious change being thrown around out there for the low numbered autos.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Yeah one of the big time buyers scdad2be buys one of everything right at the start, you are better off waiting until he's got one of what you're looking for.....he's outbid me on nearly every cardinals auto I've bid on. Although he was the underbidder on one that I won and it ended up costing me more than I thought thanks to him.
  • Options
    lkk66lkk66 Posts: 106 ✭✭
    Breaking case #2 now. Case #1 was pathetic, 1 auto = J Upton, Kaline Seat Relic and Mantle and Braves ssp. So far in 3 boxes this is what I got in Case #2

Email: leo.kim66@gmail.com
  • Options
    Or selling to him early, Doranimage
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    That Beckham is Big!
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    Nice case so far Leo, you do know now that you've scanned there are no breaks and you must give a box by box report until the case is empty. image
  • Options
    That Beckham Is a huuuuge pull. eBay that thing immediately if you're not going to keep it. Now, is that an original stamp??? I haven't seen a single stamp pulled yet, and that's not a name I recognize. That might be a pretty nice pull, too.

As far as your first case, that's brutal. Not to kick you in the sac, but your Braves team card isn't a SSP - seems to be a regular ol' SP. Lots of them out there.

edited for spelling - stupid phone

edit #2 - Looks like that is an original. Ike DeLock is #77 on the all time Red Sox list according to this site
  • Options
    Geordie, it's strange but even the 1/1 original stamps aren't bringing much money for some reason, case in point I picked this one up for $17.

• Options
    OH wow, those are 1/1? Guess I didn't read the insert list all that closely.
  • Options
    Ya I agree with Geordie, ebay that thing if you don't really want it. I was looking at some of his stuff earlier and it is selling good. He has two spots on the Beckett top fifty list too. That's a great pull.

Anyone pulling blasters from Wal-Mart or Target? I checked and there was nothing. I was just walking by and had to look. Ended up buying a blaster of 2009 Ticket to Stardom. Nice stuff, no good pulls but a real clean set. Also noticed they replenished stock with last years Heritage low an high series. Got enough of that.

Box seven starts now...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do regular chrome cards sell for more than the chrome refractors??
  • Options
    lkk66lkk66 Posts: 106 ✭✭
    BOXES 3-7 UNVEVENTFUL

BOX 8 Had this

Email: leo.kim66@gmail.com
  • Options
    Wow!! some great pulls out of that case

Decided not to bother sorting as I go for these 3 boxes

compared to my first case, this first box was great LOL

• Options
    Wow that was a fantastic box Mike, now keep it going for the next two!
  • Options
    Too bad Walt is such a Mets fan, because that Howard black is a sweeeeet card. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find a Phillies phan somewhere that'll give it a good home.

• Options

<< <i>Too bad Walt is such a Mets fan, because that Howard black is a sweeeeet card. Oh well, I'm sure you'll find a Phillies phan somewhere that'll give it a good home.

image >>

ahem...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • Options
    Can't scan 2nd box cause my lap is being held down by a fat cat

Jimmy Piersall seat relic

normal spread of everything else

One thing I noticed in these 2 boxes is the SP is now in the middle of the pack. Every pack out of my first case had the SP as the last card.

How were they in the packs you guys ripped?

• Options

<< <i>Can't scan 2nd box cause my lap is being held down by a fat cat

Jimmy Piersall seat relic

normal spread of everything else

One thing I noticed in these 2 boxes is the SP is now in the middle of the pack. Every pack out of my first case had the SP as the last card.

How were they in the packs you guys ripped? >>

SP's have always been on the back for me, the SSP's and dice backs have been in the middle...sure you didn't get a string of SSP's?

• Options
    I think 3.5 of my cases had the sp on the back and the last 1.5 had it in the middle.
  • Options
    Box 7 was disappointing. The highlight was the 463 Braves team card. That's about it. I think this was the first variation card I have seen. Pulling alot of cmissing commons, gues that's my silver lining so far.
    My take on the chromes and fracts, well I never bought in to the fact that they changed a border and dropped the production number. I just view them as another chrome. Anyone collecting fracts, let me know, I'll trade 'em. So far I have the following fracts: 5,11,2638,41,75,96.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    All 3 boxes had the SPs in the middle, maybe 4th card from the back. Only variation I got was the Maris which I already had

Box 3

Buchholz jersey
    Adam Jones dice back
    Tommy Hanson refractor

everything else was normal qtys

time to watch Lost....
  • Options
    Have you noticed that most of the money cards have been in the bottom three rows? Thats been the case with mine. SP's also on the back for me. I also noticed that Topps did not print "saves" as a category. Was this to copy the 61 set, think? Doesn't do justice for the closers.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options

sell that Howard black to me. I'm a way bigger Phillies phan than Walt.