Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The official 2010 Topps Heritage thread: rip, sort, trade

Comments

• Options
    Josephcb09Josephcb09 Posts: 286 ✭✭
    I too am a huge Phillies fan.

More hardcore than Geordie.

I probably love the Phils as much as Walt loves the Mets.

Sell it to me.
  • Options
    Wow I didn't realize you guys were such big Phillies fans, maybe one day SF and LA will get real major league teams instead of the Texas League teams they have now. image
  • Options
    Whoa, Doran
  • Options
    Sorry, maybe I did step over the line with that one. image
  • Options
    I don't know what I am more offended by.....

Being called a Texas League club or being lumped in with Los Angeles.

I do know.

Sorry Geordie but being included with LA is way worse.

• Options
    Now that's funny Joe!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sorry, maybe I did step over the line with that one. image >>

Good thing you realized that, Doran. You were about to get a mass mailing of Cubs junk wax, postage due.
  • Options
    alma1960alma1960 Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Box #6:

More of the same, no ink. After 6 boxes I have a Chris Carpenter chrome, chrome refractor and black chrome refractor.
    Pulled my 4th dice card, this time of Ian Kinsler. Based on the odds that should be my last one for the case, not sure if everyone found these cards more plentiful than the odds.
    The relic card was a Flashback Tiger Stadium seat relic featuring Al Kaline, a change of pace from the standard Clubhouse Collection. I like the card.

The quest for an autograph continues tomorrow. -Mark
    Collect HOF on card autographs -PSA graded

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

Topps Heritage Blue Autos (2016-2022)
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Box #6:

More of the same, no ink. After 6 boxes I have a Chris Carpenter chrome, chrome refractor and black chrome refractor.
    Pulled my 4th dice card, this time of Ian Kinsler. Based on the odds that should be my last one for the case, not sure if everyone found these cards more plentiful than the odds.
    The relic card was a Flashback Tiger Stadium seat relic featuring Al Kaline, a change of pace from the standard Clubhouse Collection. I like the card.

The quest for an autograph continues tomorrow. -Mark >>

I love the cards and could use all three Carpenter cards.
  • Options
    Today I received the base set I bought off Ebay. These cards are very bright and crisp in person. I'm dissapointed 2008 and 2009 photos weren't this clear, because I loved the design for those two years. These are nice cards though. Very happy with the set.
  • Options
    Walt,
    I'm going to put together a chrome and a refractor set, but the black chrome has your name on it. Let me finish busting the case, organize my want list, and we can put together a trade. -Mark

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Love the original stamps!

Are those going to be availble in retail product? Thanks.

Robert

• Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Guys you hade some good pulls there congrats
  • Options

<< <i>Walt,
    I'm going to put together a chrome and a refractor set, but the black chrome has your name on it. Let me finish busting the case, organize my want list, and we can put together a trade. -Mark >>

Thanks Mark, I appreciate that, actually I was just kidding, Doran is the big Cards fan, so give him first crack. Im sure we can trade this year, let me know when you
    have your numbers ready.
  • Options

<< <i>Love the original stamps!

Are those going to be availble in retail product? Thanks.

Robert >>

From what the wrapper said that was posted earlier yes the stamps will be falling in retail packs also.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Nice Job mark, the seat relics are far tougher pulls than most people realize and far better than most of the clubhouse collections. I can use the kinsler dice if its for trade. Wow, those are some nice pulls guys, love the howard black, thats a nice one to see. Walt is salivating i am sure!

I'm closing in on the refractor set - down to just 2 now. anyone to the rescue?

2010 Heritage Available

SP's: 427x2Wright, 437x2, 444x2, 448x2, 450x2, 462x2, 467, 471x2, 474x2 a-rod, 479 Howard, 482
    Ruth Chase '61: Full Set, 15, 14, 13, 12x2, 9, 8, 7x2, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2
    New Age Performers: 1, 6, 11x2, 13, 14
    Baseball Flashbacks: 2, 3x2, 8, 10x2
    News Flashbacks: 2, 3x2, 8, 10x2
    Autos: Reno Bertoia Red Ink #30/61
    Clubhouse Collection Jersey Relics: Jenks, Kendry Morales, Haren, Bulger, Billy Wagner, Alexei Ramirez, Jeff Francis, Kerry Wood

2010 Heritage Needs

Blue ink Autos: Gibson, Schoendeinst, Aparicio
    Short Prints (10): 432, 441, 452, 457, 463 Braves, 466, 470, 477, 480, 491, 497
    Refractors (2): 33 Posey, 83 Romero
    Dice Back Variations (5): Kemp, Justin Upton, Daisuke Matsuzaka, Kinsler, Ichiro

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I just wanted to add this here....

If anyone is selling any team sets w/SP's I would be interested in 1 set of Indians with the Masterson SP. (15 cards I think). Someone on ebay is selling for 11.00 with shipping.

I'd prefer to buy from someone here. I would also like 1 CC Sabathia Card and 1 Arod.

Shoot me a PM if you can help.

• Options
    Is anyone working on the ad panel sets this year?
  • Options
    bjbrall4bjbrall4 Posts: 277 ✭✭
    I just won a set of 68 panels, which I should have by the end of the week. I also have a dozen coming from parkerj. I hope to put the set together, assuming there are again 88 total. I'll also try to post a complete or partial checklist.
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Went to Super Target for groceries and the little old lady was hanging these up, 5 cards and the gum in the top section, 9 cards in the bottom section. $4.99 per rak and yes you can make out the cards on top and bottom although you can only see the middle of the card behind the gold. Yes I know it's wrong but I picked up all the ones with SP's showing on the back image

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Nice to see that Topps (and others) take under 1 second to think about packaging. Not bashing anybody, it's just such a different game these days than before where now there could be some truly unique and pricey cards uncovered by a few moments of poking.

Once again, nothing personal, moran. I use to scour the hanging rack packs in the 70's (at 7-11) looking for cards I needed.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    how about a scan of a retail pack odds?
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

<< <i>how about a scan of a retail pack odds? >>

How's this, only did a quick review but they look like half of a normal pack for sp, TN, BF and NF. No Maris, Ruth or Mantle HR chase though

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm too lazy to go back and read. Has anyone mention the fact that Card #29 has Reid Gorecki as a Yankee, but in his chrome cards (#C10) he is a Brave?
  • Options
    Thanks for the scans!

My comments on those odds:

Slightly better than hobby for almost twice the price.
    By these odds there are 580,000 hobby packs
    If that is right, then there should be 780,000 retail packs.
    I figured this out using the 6100 total black refractors and those pull odds
    Of course regular retail packs will have different odds
    So not only do certain retail boxes not have the Maris and Mantle gear, but these rack packs don't either. This is making 24 count retail boxes that come from
    target and walmart look even better.
    Can you get those off the secondary market cheap?
  • Options
    Hey there, just joined today and looking forward to the Heritage stuff. No luck finding any product retail side here in FL yet. Just spent the last hour reading over all the posts from this thread. Good stuff guys.

Shawn.
  • Options
  • Options
    Here are my needs:

497-494-491-480-477-470-457-452-443-441-434-429

I have plenty to trade, chromes, refs, GU inserts and of course other SP's

Thanks
  • Options
    Here's where I'm at:

What I Need:
    SPs - 475.
    Chromes - 74 and 94.
    NAP - 8 and 15.
    T&N - 5.
    BF - None.
    NF - 9.
    Ruth - None.

What I have to trade:
    SPs - 427, 428, 431, 435, 437, 444, 448, 449, 450, 451, 453, 458, 460, 461, 462, 465, 469, 471, 472, 473, 474, 476, 481, 482, 483, 488, 492, 495, and 499.
    Chromes - 11, 15, 18, 19, 22, 24, 41, 43, 44, 49, 50, 53, 57, 65, 67, 70, 78, 80, 84, 88, 90, 93, and 95.
    Refractors - 3, 4, 7, 10, 13, 18, 26, 31, 32, 37, 39, 43, 44, 51, 52, 61, 64, 71, 77, 78, 80, 83, 84, 86, 88, 93, 94, and 98.
    NAP - 1, 6, and 10.
    T&N - 1, 4, 6, 8, 9, and 10.
    BF - 1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10.
    NF - 1, 4, 5, 6, and 10.
    Ruth - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Just got back from Target and found these in a box. There were only 5 of them so I bought them all.

CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Box 9 finally delivered:

Going to play racquetball now. Should I open the other boxes in the case? Will there be any more autos? Should I instead open the other two boxes from another case? These are all questions I gotta answer!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options

<< <i>Box 9finally delivered:

image >>

MASSIVE
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but this is where the THeritage action is!

im looking for one gradeable copy of base cards of Pujols. his regular card, and and subsets hes included in,
    for example the League Leader cards.

Thank You Very Much,
    Eric
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Hey guys I just finished opening a 16 box blaster case.

pulls:

42 sps - no variations
    5 cc relics - all commons
    3 chrome ref
    5 chrome base
    1 dice game back - Utley
    1 stamp - Richardson/Pelfrey

Overall not too bad for what ended up being the price of about 3 hobby boxes
  • Options
    Wow Joe, good amount of SP's there. That may be the way to go in the future. II pulled ink out of the 05-06 blasters, not sure which year. So it is possible, slim but possible.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    John,

I think it is a good route to go if you are looking to make a master set and aren't so worried about pulling an autograph. At the rate autographs are falling in hobby, I wouldn't worry about it anyway.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm too lazy to go back and read. Has anyone mention the fact that Card #29 has Reid Gorecki as a Yankee, but in his chrome cards (#C10) he is a Brave? >>

What he said. image
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm too lazy to go back and read. Has anyone mention the fact that Card #29 has Reid Gorecki as a Yankee, but in his chrome cards (#C10) he is a Brave? >>

What he said. image >>

It wouldn't surprise me. The Vlad Guerrero is this way as well. Base/Dice Listed as a Ranger, chrome listed as an Angel.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    Box 4 of 6:

Box 5 of 6:

My first five years of opening Heritage (2005-2009; I opened at least 8-9 hobby boxes/year) I never hit one black refractor. I pulled my first one from last year's high-numbers (out of 3 boxes) and this year I've now hit 3 in 5 boxes! Go figure...
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys I just finished opening a 16 box blaster case.

pulls:

42 sps - no variations
    5 cc relics - all commons
    3 chrome ref
    5 chrome base
    1 dice game back - Utley
    1 stamp - Richardson/Pelfrey

Overall not too bad for what ended up being the price of about 3 hobby boxes >>

My 3 hobby boxes cost about $60 each or $180. Not sure what this blaster case cost but I'm guessing around $200.

In any of my 3 hobby boxes I would have averaged:
    24 sps - no variations (-18)
    3 cc relics (-2)
    5 chrome ref (+2)
    15 chrome base (+10)
    1 dice game back (same)
    ? stamp -

If you are looking to focus on just collecting a master base set, looks like the blasters are the route to take.

Just curious if you pulled any Mantle or Maris chase cards from your blasters.

Topps Heritage 2001-Now

• Options
    No Mantle or Ruth chase cards.

These blaster cases aren't Wal Mart or Target specific, I guess.
  • Options
    I think Mike said he had a case coming in today, you better start ripping soon and I don't want to hear any of this I think I'll only open three boxes tonight crap.....no breaks, no dinner, no tv until the entire case is ripped!image
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I think Mike said he had a case coming in today, you better start ripping soon and I don't want to hear any of this I think I'll only open three boxes tonight crap.....no breaks, no dinner, no tv until the entire case is ripped!image >>

LMAO

just about to dig in - box 1 coming soon

• Options
    Dud 1:

My 3rd Kendry Morales jersey

normal SP, insert spread

oh well, maybe next one image
  • Options
    Don't worry Mike, 11 more to go and you know the last box will contain the big hit.
  • Options
    Certainly didn't come in in this box

dud #2

Lance Berkeman jersey

8 SPs - 6 of them were the same as first box
    5 chrome
    2 ref - Victorino and Uggla - one of them is probably my case hit

and on to the next....

• Options
    Box 3 a little better

Another Jimmy Piersall seat relic
    Matt Kemp black ref
    6 chrome
    1 ref - Posada

1 more before dinner

• Options
    Doran,

Blaster case was mailed out this afternoon
  • Options
    since I can't fit any more wrappers in my trash can, maybe all these crappy cards can weigh them down to fit more

Donner Navarro jersey

Arod refractor

through 4 boxes, I got one card I needed.
  • Options

<< <i>Box 3 a little better

Another Jimmy Piersall seat relic
    Matt Kemp black ref
    6 chrome
    1 ref - Posada

1 more before dinner >>

3rd Kemp black that's been pulled here - first Nick, then Chris (knopfler), and now Mike. One will reside in At-water someday, most likely Nick's since he pulled the first one - it was barely out of the pack and he had a PM in his inbox! image

sheesh - had to back up and edit - looks like the town I live in has a forbidden word in it. image