Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Outside Shot at Banner 18 Thread

123457»

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That was painful.

Rondo played pretty well, Kobe shot awful and the Celts still lost....23 offensive rebounds has to be some sort of record. 37-17 FT disparity didn't help either.

I like how Kobe stole Jordan's "5" celebration on top the scorer's table. Just like he steals every other Jordan celebration. He's such a putz, I can't stand him. I'm more pissed that he won a ring than I am sad that the Celtics lost. >>

Whatever!!! It was Kobe and the Lakers moment tonight and who cares about Michael Jordan right now.

I want to congratulate the Celtics fans on an incredible run this year. The Celtics clearly proved everyone wrong by making it to the finals.

As a Lakers fan I don't lose any sleep when they've had some bad seasons or when they lose championships, but the losses to the Celtics were tough. Reading comments like the one I quoted make it even sweeter.

brian
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>That was painful.

Rondo played pretty well, Kobe shot awful and the Celts still lost....23 offensive rebounds has to be some sort of record. 37-17 FT disparity didn't help either.

I like how Kobe stole Jordan's "5" celebration on top the scorer's table. Just like he steals every other Jordan celebration. He's such a putz, I can't stand him. I'm more pissed that he won a ring than I am sad that the Celtics lost. >>

I couldn't agree more. What makes this interesting for me is that I positively cannot stand Jordan either, but I find myself rooting for his legacy (if that makes any sense) every time Kobe Bryant takes the hardwood. I don't have any use for the Celtics, but I found myself passionately rooting for them in game 7-- or, at least, passionately rooting against Kobe.

Ah well- on to more important things, like the World Cup. Here's hoping for a great game tomorrow.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Disgusted that they couldn't pit that game away. The 7 minute to the 3 minute mark in the 4th was a microcosm of the whole season. Didn't have one guy to go to when then needed a bucket. I don't think the got out-efforted at all. Lakers caught the breaks when they needed to. I don't blame the officials. I never thought they lost control of the game despite the FT disparity.

The discouraging thing was that this was it for this group. Be 5+ years before they're near an NBA Finals again. Such a shame.

Kobe got bailed out of a monumental choke job by Ron Artest. He almost single handedly won them that game. Hats off to the Lakers, they played well. Tough one to take though. They had it.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Disgusted that they couldn't pit that game away. The 7 minute to the 3 minute mark in the 4th was a microcosm of the whole season. Didn't have one guy to go to when then needed a bucket. I don't think the got out-efforted at all. Lakers caught the breaks when they needed to. I don't blame the officials. I never thought they lost control of the game despite the FT disparity.

The discouraging thing was that this was it for this group. Be 5+ years before they're near an NBA Finals again. Such a shame.

Kobe got bailed out of a monumental choke job by Ron Artest. He almost single handedly won them that game. Hats off to the Lakers, they played well. Tough one to take though. They had it. >>

personally, I thought the 2008 championship was it for this group of Celtics. They overachieved in the playoffs this year, which was pleasant. I'm not really upset about the loss
  • Options

<< <i>

. >>

Mike, You don't think the Celtics could do a slight reload over the next year or so? A trade or sign and trades????? With key players like Rondo, Pierce, Garnet, and Perkins I would think the Celtics would need another key player to go along with their bench and role players. Then again I don't know what contract lengths they still have on Allen and Wallace. What do u think?

brian
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Ron Artest did come through with a special performance in Game 7.

Then in all of the post-game interviews, he came through with even more "SPECIAL" performances.

Good for him. He's an inspiration for millions of people out there with special needs. Most of them can only get jobs bagging groceries or greeting people at Walmart. But Ron Ron made it to the big time!!

Well done!!
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    the last two games of this series were played by exhausted athletes, a tip of the hat to the schedulers who wring every last drop of drama out of their show.....the only thing i could think of while struggling through last nite's horror show, was how fluid basketball used to be when the Old School was at it.....now it's just like a title fight as dull as two overweight boxers trying to earn a last paycheck.

thanks, NBA.

.....Garnett's face.....Artest's shrink.....Scalabrine's defense!? WTF???? why didn't he play more? LOL image
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    That 4th quarter killed me! Now I'm dragging at work from the lack of sleep I got last night.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    This one hurt
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    Well, at least we got to see some good old-fashioned LA rioting.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭
    The game was really simple to explain. As much as I hate to say this===Gasol is much better than KG. KG got really old in 1 year. Not a great player anymore. To explain it a little bit. The Celtics needed rebounds badly and KG could not provide.
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474

<< <i>The game was really simple to explain. As much as I hate to say this===Gasol is much better than KG. KG got really old in 1 year. Not a great player anymore. To explain it a little bit. The Celtics needed rebounds badly and KG could not provide. >>

Not one offensive rebound in games 6 and 7 by KG. OUCH!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    KG, Allen and Pierce got old very quickly.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Agreed, Gasol is the best center in the league, not a muscle man, but excellent skills and athleticism.

Bottom line is the Lakers are a little bit better than the Celtics, and the better team won.

But Celts had a great year, nothing to be ashamed of.
    Capecards
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭
    Too bad we didn't get to see a CLE/LAL finals or a PHX/ BOS finals. Wouldn't mind seeing something different next year, I feel like I've seen enough of Kobe.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    Question for you Boston fans. I heard on the radio yesterday and read online that Doc Rivers is contemplating leaving Boston. What do u think and what available coaches could take over the team? I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of seeing recycled average coaches getting hired all of the time. There has got to be more guys waiting for a first time shot at a head coaching job.

brian