Home Sports Talk
Options

The Official Boston Celtics 2009-2010 Outside Shot at Banner 18 Thread

Comments

• Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Looks like Big Baby will be back for the Raptors on Jan 2. Definitely be a good thing getting him back to give Perkins and Garnett a couple extra mins of rest here and there.
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    ugh - Bill Kennedy hates the Celtics. Let's hope they don't ever see him in the playoffs. That was a travesty.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i hate losing to the sixers!!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i hate losing to the sixers!!! >>

Well, a game against the T-Wolves helped them out of their "slump".
  • Options
    and to think that half their team was wearing green and white a couple years ago...
  • Options

<< <i>and to think that half their team was wearing green and white a couple years ago... >>

Yeah, I still can't believe that trade got done -- Al Jefferson is a good player, but I don't think he has developed into the "superstar" that McHale saw in him.
  • Options
    bad system for jefferson, he was good with the Cs. the grass is not always greener, especially when leaving the celtics.

your right he just hasn't developed like they thought he would

nice win though
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

• Options
    Nice win without KG -- Paul Pierce stepping up nicely, Rasheed avoiding the T's, it's all good! image
  • Options

<< <i>Nice win without KG -- Paul Pierce stepping up nicely, Rasheed avoiding the T's, it's all good! image >>

I turned it on when they were down 15 and was worried. Was a nice comeback win though. Well done. This Christmas game in Orlando should be interesting. That team has their number.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    without Pierce for a couple of weeks it could be like it was late last year without KG, except the hurt this time will be on the offensive end of the court. The Dec 25 game might not be so much fun to watch unless you are an Orlando fan.
  • Options
    nice win without pierce over the magic!!

merry christmas C's
    Fred

• Options
    beat at the buzzer by byron

hope they can beat goldenstate tonight
    Fred

• Options
    what a crummy week!!!!
    Fred

• Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Too bad for the Big Three Ancient Warriors that the season is 82 games and not 30 games. Time to get out the alleve and geritol.

Doc has to figure: just make the playoffs, have everybody healthy at the end - even if it means lots of rests during the season, losing more games, and dropping a couple playoff seeds.
    Capecards
  • Options
    finally off the schnide!!!
    Fred

• Options
    nice win over the heat!!! sounds like it was a great game to watch
    Fred

• Options

<< <i>nice win over the heat!!! sounds like it was a great game to watch >>

I watched it holy crap, it went from one of the most aggravating things ever to awesomeness. then they won in OT. Rondo was amazing.
  • Options
    this team can not beat ATL, hope we don't play them in the playoffs

now sheed out maybe a week, they need to get healthy
    Fred

• Options
    Yuck, a home loss to the Hawks. Scal had a good first half, but he's no 'Sheed.

Looks like they are going to be banged up for the next couple weeks. image
  • Options
    interesting that the SI poll had 3 celtics in the top 10 or so for trash talking, led by KG
    Fred

• Options

<< <i>interesting that the SI poll had 3 celtics in the top 10 or so for trash talking, led by KG >>

Yeah, KG by a landslide! 62%, next was Kobe at 7%.
  • Options
    nice to have some swagger back, for a long time we had players that would talk but not be able to back it up
    Fred

• Options
    How are we still in this game tonight? We look absolutely awful without KG!
  • Options
    Simply pitiful loss...image
  • Options
    not good, not good at all
    Fred

• Options
    Ugh, a home loss to the horri-Bulls. image

I feel sorry for the fine folks who wasted money and time attending that game in person.
  • Options
    another home loss, not good
    Fred

• Options
    As long as KG comes back by mid Fed and they finish 3rd or so, I'm satisfied.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully CavvyShaq can get the #1 seed and you guys can deal with the Master of Panic and the Orlando Tragic in the playoffs. Boston and Cleveland deserve to play for the Eastern Conference, not the other pretenders.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    no props for the the Mavs D last night?
  • Options
    nice win by the mavs

back to the winnning ways finally
    Fred

• Options
    Looks like Ray Ray really likes that ring on his finger.

Pay Cut...
  • Options
    i don't know why they would want to trade him, he's quiet a pure shooter and shows up for big games???

besides i love to watch him shoot andhe's my favorite C right now
    Fred

• Options
    Watching the game right now. Sheed just got his 12th Technical Foul on the season. The announcer just made mention that after 16 the league starts handing out 1 game suspensions fpr every T that the player recieves. Since he will pretty much be over the limit by the time we get to the playoffs I see his ego being a huge detriment to the team down the stretch.
  • Options
    well i thought they blew that game they were up 12+ many times and then lose. that sucked
    Fred

• Options
    wow swept by the hawks!!!!
    Fred

• Options

<< <i>wow swept by the hawks!!!! >>

Unless Doc gets these guys clicking quickly, the Laker game on Sunday is gonna be ugly! image
  • Options
    yes should be interesting today against the lakers

i hate losing to the lakers, hopefully they can pull it out today
    Fred

• Options
    The " Dagger " strikes again !
    Collector of anything and everything of the Dallas Cowboys
  • Options

<< <i>The " Dagger " strikes again ! >>

Could have gone either way -- Ray had a good look on that last shot. I actually feel better about the C's after that game. Hopefully they stay healthy!
  • Options
    i hate losing to the lakers!!!

nice shot though, i tip my hat
    Fred

• Options
    yeah!!!

a win

over washington
    Fred

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Folks in Boston have to accept the fact that KG is NEVER going to regain the form he had in 2008. A guy with that many miles on his knees and surgery this late in his career will never recover.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, but the writing is on the wall. Ray Allen's $20m expiring contract is too valuable not to use. In 1987 after the Cs missed out on the title, Ainge told Red his best move would be trade the nucleus of that team (including himself) to rebuild for the future. Red would have none of it, which precipitated (along with Bias' death) 20 years of non-competitive basketball in Boston. So if anyone thinks that Ainge would never dismantle the new Big 3, think again.

As a fan, I'd love to see this team make one last run at it as currently constituted. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to play out that way.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>
    I'm trying to stay optimistic, but the writing is on the wall. Ray Allen's $20m expiring contract is too valuable not to use. In 1987 after the Cs missed out on the title, Ainge told Red his best move would be trade the nucleus of that team (including himself) to rebuild for the future. Red would have none of it, which precipitated (along with Bias' death) 20 years of non-competitive basketball in Boston. So if anyone thinks that Ainge would never dismantle the new Big 3, think again.

>>

Absolutely true. Let's also not forget how quick he turned this team around, it was just a few years ago that the C's were awful. I don't know if there is any way that Ainge could get involved in this upcoming FA class, but if there is a way and he has to trade KG to do it, maybe he will.
  • Options
    i read an article yesterday that i agree with, that KG's knee is not really healed yet and that they should shut him down for a while. i agree get him healthy for the playoffs. they really need to get healthy that would help.
    Fred

• Options
    rumor has it that Pierce broke a bone in his left foot. If that's the case, Ainge will be firing up trade wires daily, since the team will have zero chance of winning without Pierce.
  • Options
    this is getting worse
    Fred

• Options
    time to dismantle the team and create cap space or gain some draft pics, lest we create another "post-Len Bias" void for Boston basketball.
  • Options
    Pierce's foot is strained, not broken, so there is some hope for this year. Not a heck of a lot, but some.
  • Options
    lbcoach20lbcoach20 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭
    The Celts are not the team of 2 years ago. They are aging very quickly along with injuries that are not going away. Can't run with Hawks or pound with Cavs or Magic. Will be tough.