Home PSA Set Registry Forum

OFFICIAL Roberto Clemente Master Set thread

12346»

Comments

• BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baez, Nice new additions. The Wheaties Stamp/Card is extremely hard to find. Nice pickups!!image
    "EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Heads up Clemente collectors. I am going to organize a meeting of Clemente collectors at next years (2014) national! Just an opportunity for those whose names we see all over the internet - CU forum or Net 54 or ebay or ..... to get together and meet the faces behind the names and talk Clemente. Put the date on your calendars!

-Howard
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Heads up Clemente collectors. I am going to organize a meeting of Clemente collectors at next years (2014) national! Just an opportunity for those whose names we see all over the internet - CU forum or Net 54 or ebay or ..... to get together and meet the faces behind the names and talk Clemente. Put the date on your calendars!

-Howard >>

Great idea Howard. I plan on attending next year and it will be my first national.
  • kimo75kimo75 Posts: 263 ✭✭
    I know this is a PSA site, but this card is sweet and for sale. The last 2 PSA 8.5's sold for $669 and $667. Looking for $625. PM for more scans
    or offers.

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r758/kmdeniro/IMG_9062_zpsfce46420.jpg

Sorry, no idea how to get a picture in here.
  • jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

nice card.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
    Latest pickup....thanks chris! cpettimd

<< <i>I know this is a PSA site, but this card is sweet and for sale. The last 2 PSA 8.5's sold for $669 and $667. Looking for $625. PM for more scans
    or offers.

http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r758/kmdeniro/IMG_9062_zpsfce46420.jpg

Sorry, no idea how to get a picture in here. >>

That's a nice card! Good luck with sale!
  • Baez - what are you looking for in Clemente? E-mail me at hcv123@att.net. I have A LOT of Clemente items to sell.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
    Very nice dial
  • Hi guys,
    Just an interesting story. I am not a Clemente set collector, but was fortunate to win the PSA registry run for 1000.00. They asked me what I wanted and I said - anything would be most welcome. After they pressed me a bit - I told them anything from the 60s and two players came to mind: Clemente and Koufax.
    I told them to surprise me and here is what they sent

[URL=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/MintMoondog/media/1963F_Clemente_zps8e8424ca.jpg.html]image[/URL]

75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
    image wow...nice card! Congrats!

Latest Clemente
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Baez578,

Thanks for posting your recent Clemente; of course that is one of the cards I need for my 1970 Kellogg's set. It's a beauty!!!
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

<< <i>Baez578,

Thanks for posting your recent Clemente; of course that is one of the cards I need for my 1970 Kellogg's set. It's a beauty!!! >>

Thanks.... I'm especially happy as it was a self-sub. Finally some success with subbing Clemente cards image
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Henry,

That's pretty cool that they asked you what you wanted. I thought it was pre-determined.
  • cpettimdcpettimd Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    just moved up to #6 on the registry with these 2 subs

Collecting Clemente master (#6) and basic PSA registry sets, Hank Aaron master and basic sets, Mantle oddball issues, 1970's mega decade HOFs, 1967 Topps pin ups, and high grade Topps Clemente and Aaron. Numerous transactions with over 100 board members.
  • scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    Just noticed that the SluCha team of Howard and Brian just made it to 100%

Congrats to the two of you -- quite an impressive effort. image
  • Chris - AWESOME! Tough pick ups. Congrats on moving up in the rankings!

Scott - Thanks for the recognition. It is a labor of love and feels great to have achieved 100% (We had it for a day or 2 before the closing of the award deadline and then a bunch of new items were added). I am hoping to organize an informal meet up at the 2014 national for Clemente collectors. Just putting the word out. Be well and happy collecting to all.

-Howard
    Another addition to the collection

Can't believe this threads been buried. I'm going to have to post some of my new purchases later this week image
  • So,

The national is around the corner and I am taking my 7 year old son to his first national! Any other Clemente collectors going and want to try to meet up and talk Clemente cards-memorabilia?

-Howard
  • favoritethingsfavoritethings Posts: 171 ✭✭
    edited May 12, 2018 1:14PM

oops

• Well,

Almost 4 years have passed since my last post (and the last in this thread). I am now getting ready to take my 9 year old and 11 year old sons to the national. Any other Clemente collectors going?
    Brian decided to sell off his part of our set. I am rebuilding with mine - currently #5 - have a couple of rare beauties. I refuse to send my pristine 1962, 1968 and 1971 Bazooka boxes to PSA so they can fold the tabs to accommodate their holders. Have picked up some AWESOME stuff since i last posted and will start to share. Who is still out there collecting Clemente - please post - let's try to keep this thread active - started in 2009!! I'll start it out with 1 I'm not sure if PSA will grade - it is a 1960's Horne's department store issue - from a 1 day appearance by Clemente .

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Hi Howard! :)

The only sorta new Clemente item I have is this '59 Kahns card from a submission last year.

• burghmanburghman Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

I don't suppose anyone Clemente collectors are in need of a Wendy's hologram card from '94? I have one that's never been removed from the Wendy's holder that's looking for a home - just cover shipping and it can be yours. I know it's not part of any official Sets but figured you guys might appreciate it more than me... PM me if interested.

Jim

• A little more Clemente eye candy!!

Awesome Kahn's Bob!! Super tough in that grade. How's your 58?

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭

Awesome Kahn's Bob!! Super tough in that grade. How's your 58?

Missing in action.....sadly. Sweet Bazooka boxes. :)

• kcherevkakcherevka Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm Ken. My set is currently #16 in the registry, "The KC Collection." I found this thread when looking up the Allied Memorial Postcard to learn more about that. While I have been a member of these Boards for years, I never knew about or participated in this thread. I've mostly been adding items in whatever grade I can find/afford and upgrading as I can. I love the oddball cards!

This was a fun thread to read through! Thanks to those that laid the groundwork for the weights and showing pictures of some of the harder items to find. I wish some of the photobucket pictures were still working as I love seeing new items.

Here is my most recent pick up for my set:

I have two more making their way to me in the mail and I will post those when they arrive!

Thanks for reading, I hope this spurs some more activity :)

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@favoritethings Hi Howard, didn’t know you were a member over here. Some tremendous Clemente items!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

Picked this up as an upgrade to my 8 (OC).

Picked this up from a fellow board member. These jumbo slabs are huge! It didn't fit on my scanner so i had to take a picture with my phone.

New addition to my set!

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@favoritethings said:
    There are actually a number of vaiations that are not yet recognized by PSA:

Nabisco team flakes wide border and narrow border
    1967 Dexter Team and all star
    Post cereal tint variations
    Salada 180 back
    1968 3-d blank back/printed back
    1969 stamps - 3 different full sheet variations
    Kellogs print variations

-Howard

the 1969 sheet variations are recognized

@kcherevka said:
    Picked this up from a fellow board member. These jumbo slabs are huge! It didn't fit on my scanner so i had to take a picture with my phone.

glad you liked

@lawyer05 said:

@favoritethings said:
    There are actually a number of vaiations that are not yet recognized by PSA:

Nabisco team flakes wide border and narrow border
    1967 Dexter Team and all star
    Post cereal tint variations
    Salada 180 back
    1968 3-d blank back/printed back
    1969 stamps - 3 different full sheet variations
    Kellogs print variations

-Howard

the 1969 sheet variations are recognized

i just realized that post was like 8 years old lmao

i just realized that post was like 8 years old lmao

Haha, yea, I resurrected an old thread a few months ago. Didn't seem right to start a new one. It's mostly just been me talking to myself but glad to see a new comment that wasn't mine :)

Yes, I'm enjoying the Arco. Still trying to save up for your ESSO, just other shiny things keep popping up and draining my card budget!