Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

The 1952 Topps PSA Boards Set Build..Now 89% complete.......................

Comments

• << <i>I think Felicia sold out on the '52s.

well since it was her money that was buying it.. it doesn't matter
    I know she had some big picture stuff going on that hopefully is going well >>

I hope so too. I've emailed and PM'ed her numerous times. Hoping all is well. Anyone her from her?
  • I emailed her as well when I saw all her high $$$ cards going up. I think she kept most of them, and just sold some of the most expensive ones. I am selling out of my 52s right now on ebay...
  • I guess this quest and contest is over. Felicia has 52's on ebay, unless these are doubles.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't care about the contest, I just hope everything is going great for her, because she seems like a really cool person.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    do you guys have a link to her ebay auctions?
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    [not necessarily trying to speak for her, but just to quell some of the rumors]

Felicia has not sold out on her '52s, and the contest is still going. Last I heard (as of 1/7/10), she was at just over 97%. That translates into about 15 cards short.

Edited to add: Post #407 in this thread image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, she has completely sold out. In fact, she just put up the holy grail...

PSA 7 Mantle >>

From what I gather Felicia was a Man, and a complete weirdo.

Im not saying it wasnt a good person, just straight up weird for playing games and getting a kick out of fooling an entire message board that its a Woman when in fact it was a MAN.

Felicia, maybe a TV? Crossdresser? Try and explore that next since your done with the Message Board thingy image
  • All recent feedbacks were 1952 Topps PSA cards.
  • Where did that information come from?
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    From what I gather Felicia was a Man, and a complete weirdo.

Im not saying it wasnt a good person, just straight up weird for playing games and getting a kick out of fooling an entire message board that its a Woman when in fact it was a MAN.

Felicia, maybe a TV? Crossdresser? Try and explore that next since your done with the Message Board thingy image >>

Are you serious Paul? I thought bosox1976 (Mike) confirmed that felicia was a woman?

• << <i>Where did that information come from? >>

Yeah..... no fair saying "turns out she was a man" and just leaving it at that! How do you know?
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    What the hell?!?!
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a LENGTHY PM from a friend of mine here and he gave me pretty much example after example including links, ect.. ect.. to back up what he was saying.

I gave my Word I would not tell anyone where this info came from- I gotta stick with that.

Again Im not saying it wasnt a Bad Person but I do stand by my previous post.

Edit: I will direct that person to this thread and leave it up to him to explain, if he choses.
  • Crickey, what's next? BigDaddyBowman turns out to be PetiteMommaPhiladelphia?

Hi Ryan.

Snorto~
  • a SAD day in mudvilleimage
    succesful deals :richtree, Bosox1976, Bkritz, mknez, SOM, cardcounter2, ddfamf, cougar701, mrG, Griffins : thanks All

Go Phillies
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    So the pics she/he posted were really her/him, just in drag?
    Freakin awesome
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Felicia lives in TX? I thought she lived in the Midwest somewhere.

• Wow! This is better than reality Television. Can't wait for the next episode.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I'll give Felicia the benefit of the doubt until someone proves otherwise.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    ok, so the WOMAN i sold a card to, who gave me HER name and address, was just a dude poser.

this is the BEST M*&^%#^&*N CHAT BOARD EVER!

you guys crack me straight up. image
  • pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Felicia lives in TX? I thought she lived in the Midwest somewhere. >>

I card I purchased from her came from TX. I also still need to see some proof.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Well ... even before I met Felicia on these boards, I sold a card on eBay and I mailed it to:

Felicia L*******
    ***** Lemonade Street
    El Paso, TX *****-****

Anything I ever received from her had the same return addy, as does her PayPal info.

For those doubters, yes I KNOW you can put anything in the return addy area.

For those who are saying FELICIA is not who she says she is, I'd really like to see some proof.

Thanks.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

"...For those who are saying FELICIA is not who she says she is, I'd really like to see some proof...."

//////////////////////

ditto
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"...For those who are saying FELICIA is not who she says she is, I'd really like to see some proof...."

//////////////////////

ditto >>

J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • I looked at the back of a check I sent her and it looked liked a woman's signature. I know this can also be faked. Just saying.
  • Does anyone know why Felicia has not posted on the boards for quite a long time?
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    I also think she is who she says she is, and anyone who thinks differently should have some serious proof before spreading something like this. As if it even matters. The fact that Felicia has done so much for so many people on here, it shouldn't matter if she is an alien from Mars.

If you do a search for her email address (from page 1 of this thread) on Facebook, it takes you to a page for "Scott Johnson". That person's only Facebook friend is "Felicia SoaperSupplies". Their website is http://www.soapersupplies.com/. Their mailing address is: Soaper Supplies, 11060 Dyer St. Ste D-13, El Paso, TX 79934.

This is all public info, so any other research you feel the need to do is up to you.

Personally, I think this is a MAJOR travesty to see people drag her name through the mud, I don't care what proof you may think you have. Like I said, none of it matters. She has been a top-notch member of this community, and EXTREMELY generous while asking nothing in return. pisses me off to see this ugly side of people on here...
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know why Felicia has not posted on the boards for quite a long time? >>

Could be in part or in whole because of stuff like this. I have no opinion either way, but what I do know is that whoever Felicia is, many people here have been blown away by IJLC's generosity. Just sayin'.

• << <i> She has been a top-notch member of this community, and EXTREMELY generous while asking nothing in return. >>

Couldn't agree more. She sent me a free 75 Topps pack and purchased candy from my company. A very generous person.

• << <i>The fact that Felicia has done so much for so many people on here, it shouldn't matter if she is an alien from Mars.

<< <i>

Snorto~
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭
    The fact that Felicia has done so much for so many people on here, it shouldn't matter if she is an alien from Mars.

exactly, what difference does it make? It's not as if she/he was swindling people here. Perhaps it could be someone who has some level of fame even at a regional level and is using the mailing info of his/her personal assistant, or accountant, or business manager or something.

• << <i>Does anyone know why Felicia has not posted on the boards for quite a long time? >>

For the same reason alot of people dont post here anymore, because of ridiculous crap like people thinking Felicia is a dude.

If I was her, I'd pretty much be done with this place too, shut the door, turn out the lights and never come back.

• Can I have the last word here? She bought several hundred cards from me a few years back, so I actually talked to her. I'm 99.9% sure it wasn't a she-male trying to sound like a woman that I talked to.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe that this moronic crap still goes on.

Perk - I'VE MET HER. SHE SAT IN MY OFFICE AND WE TALKED FOR AN HOUR. THERE IS NO "PROOF" NOW, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE.

Why the hell do you people insist on trying to tear her down? Now go back to your Elvis lives, bigfoot chasing, UFO flying, conspiracy loving little worlds and do something more productive - and less venomous - PLEASE!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Guys

FWIW Felicia is a woman and a very nice person. If she sold her 52 set so what?

Steve
    Good for you.
    Another point to ponder, and this is not directed at Felicia inclusively.

Many times people will build a set, have fun while they are doing it, enjoy the thrills of the chase and then

when they finish it or get to a certain point where they feel they have accomplished what they set out to do they sell it.

They then take those funds and build another set, buy a house, car, or simply stuff it under a mattress.

I built a 65 set in 7, 8 and 9 and when it was finished I held onto it for a while, grew tired of having it in 3 large boxes

(as opposed to a binder) and sold it. I took that money and put it into the checking account where only God knows

and the wife probably where it went.

Not everyone builds or accumalates items for ever.

Just an opinion, not stating fact here.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    1952 Topps Set build : $50,000

1960 PSA 8 Mantle : $1000

Board Generosity : $10,000+

Tuesday morning gender conspiracy theories : Priceless

for everything else there's paypal mastercard.
  • I put up a $1500 bid on that Mantle. When I told my girlfriend she freaked out! "Where are we going to come up with $1500? Are you insane?!?!?!?". For about an hour I was high bidder. Once it reached $2000 I had to drop out of the bidding. It was entertaining while it lasted. I'm just stunned that I didn't win. ;-)

Sam
  • RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    What the board needs now, is love sweet love
    It's the only thing, that there's just too little of
    What the board needs now is love sweet love
    No not just for some.........but for everyone

Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Burt Bacharach
  • corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I put up a $1500 bid on that Mantle. When I told my girlfriend she freaked out! "Where are we going to come up with $1500? Are you insane?!?!?!?". For about an hour I was high bidder. Once it reached $2000 I had to drop out of the bidding. It was entertaining while it lasted. I'm just stunned that I didn't win. ;-)

Sam >>

I know who has the high bid now. image
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>"...For those who are saying FELICIA is not who she says she is, I'd really like to see some proof...."

//////////////////////

ditto >>

image >>

Fourthded.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't believe that this moronic crap still goes on.

Perk - I'VE MET HER. SHE SAT IN MY OFFICE AND WE TALKED FOR AN HOUR. THERE IS NO "PROOF" NOW, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE.

Why the hell do you people insist on trying to tear her down? Now go back to your Elvis lives, bigfoot chasing, UFO flying, conspiracy loving little worlds and do something more productive - and less venomous - PLEASE! >>

Looks like all the proof is right here,I remembered Mike saying he met her, while caring for her grandma
    again it doesn't matter to me either way.The way I look at it,I was shown and given some things I would have not
    have seen on my own,so I say thanks again,hope your other project is working itself out.Good luck on the Mantle!
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Just a thought, if no one here slept with him/her does it really matter what his/her true gender is?
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you people need to get a life besides stupid gossip. Get out of that chair AND GET A LIFE or
    keep you mouth shut if you don't know what you are talking about. If I was her, I'd tell you kiss my a$$
    good bye and join a board where she is appreciated.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i have a sneaking suspicion that already happened. image
    Joe, she already did that.

Steve
    Good for you.