Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The 1952 Topps PSA Boards Set Build..Now 89% complete.......................

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Joe, she already did that.

Steve >>

Yes, I know. But screw those people that don't know.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I never had any dealings with her (her stuff was WAY out of my league), but I did ask her a question or two and I found her to be very cordial and knowledgable.

I'm curious about what would be someone's motivation to make such an unprovoked, public accusation about someone like that. I mean, I've had my share of drama around here lately, but what that dude did was pretty hardcore.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Joe, lol I know you know.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BillWalton

Not exactly sure who you are referring to. If it is Perk, he is generally an outstanding guy.

I think in this specific instance he is simply mis informed and took the word of someone else.

If you were referring to someone else then I don't know what that persons specific motivation is/was.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Now I better get back to work before the boss (my wife) gets on me.

Which wouldn't be a bad idea.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    I was referring to Perkdog, the person who posted that he heard she was a man, and referred to her as "it".

I've never dealt with Perk, and I'm sure he's an ok guy. But making statements like that in a VERY public way is pretty lowdown.
  • Options
    If I was Felicia, I would not dignify this board with any future comments. Some collectors need to get a handle of their jeoulsy and chauvinism. Imagine how difficult it is to be a woman in a male dominated hobby. Then, imagine how difficult it is to maintain your enjoyment in the hobby when some collectors are constantly trying to undermine your enjoyment. We come to these boards to enhance our hobby. It is fun to talk about our collection. However, when the boards stop being fun because of unsolicited personal attacks, why come to the boards. The experience is ruined.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I spoke to her several times on the phone, a very nice FEMALE. She made a serious move and if she does JUSTLOVECARDS she will be back with a vengence and be set for life. I spoke to her about a month ago. A great person and very generous here on the board to say the least. Maybe someday I can join her and the rest on the other board image
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

Yo mods.

This trashed thread should be deleted.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    I'm confused now for sure. Very "un-Perk-like"

In before the lock.

I'll miss Felicia being around, and can't blame her for leaving.

shawn
  • Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    Why does anyone really care? As mentioned previously...she didnt swindle anyone and was one of the most generous...if not THE most generous person I have ever seen on these boards. To me, She was a genuinely good person and thats really all that counts in my book. I dont care what gender a poster is and as long as their actions dont degrade someone or rip someone off....who really cares what gender they are.
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I think Perk was making a statement based on what he believed to be evidence.
    If Perk has a lengthy PM with what he believes to be evidence that she wasn't who she said she was, he has a right to say so.
    Perhaps the PM he received was entirely incorrect, but to accuse him of trying to spread rumors is inaccurate, IMO
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe someday I can join her and the rest on the other board >>

What is this other board you speak of?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    The first rule is..we dont talk about it
  • Options

<< <i>I think Perk was making a statement based on what he believed to be evidence.
    If Perk has a lengthy PM with what he believes to be evidence that she wasn't who she said she was, he has a right to say so.
    Perhaps the PM he received was entirely incorrect, but to accuse him of trying to spread rumors is inaccurate, IMO >>

If he doesn't have first hand knowledge, he has no evidence and therfore it is hearsay and a rumor. And a stupid statement to make with out any facts to back it up. Perk screwed up listening to someone talking out their a$$.
    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

<< <i>The first rule is..we dont talk about it >>

The Second rule is we don't talk about it. image
    W.C.Fields
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

What is this other board you speak of? >>

I've been there, and it really isn't all that great. No offense. It's just full of even more angry people, and the only difference is they talk less about the hobby, and they get to cuss. Who farking cares about that? Have fun over there. Like I said, no offense.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

What is this other board you speak of? >>

I've been there, and it really isn't all that great. No offense. It's just full of even more angry people, and the only difference is they talk less about the hobby, and they get to cuss. Who farking cares about that? Have fun over there. Like I said, no offense. >>

Some places aren't meant for everyone . No offense taken.
    W.C.Fields
  • Options

<< <i>It's just full of even more angry people, >>

No board could ever be filled with more angry people.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I'm probably thinking of a different forum. image
  • Options
    Hey check it out, I was banned from a forum without making a single post on it, lol. Sorry Matt, I simply don't like it over there. No offense.
  • Options
    gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I simply don't like it over there. >>

Then you shouldn't be too upset.

<< <i>No offense. >>

None taken.
  • Options
    Bob

I read once that the optimum number of people in a forum is 125 to 150. That way everyone generally knows each other.

Here we have a constant flow of people, more than a forum could ever tolerate. Please, no one take this wrong I really don't want a pissing match.

It is just something I read along the way. Here we have just too many personalities, no real guidance, and a just about anything goes mentality.

We all have our faults and God knows I have mine, but to be effective here a person needs a really thick skin. Something I and many lack.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>We all have our faults and God knows I have mine, but to be effective here a person needs a really thick skin. Something I and many lack. >>

I have very thick skin and really don't care if Felicia is a man or woman. However, when someone publicly calls me a thief and a liar and is even allowed to post it in his sigline with no reprocussions, I get defensive.
  • Options

<< <i>Then you shouldn't be too upset. >>

I'm not upset at all, I just thought it was funny that I got banned without posting anything over there. If the CU moderator read THAT forum, I'm sure she would insta-ban some people on here too.

Honestly, I never made it past the "Any Topic" section. Way too much negativity going on over there. I get enough of that over here. Hey, what can I say man, to each their own.
  • Options
    lol geez Bill I wasn't talking about you, lol I was talking about everyone, me included.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>lol geez Bill I wasn't talking about you, lol I was talking about everyone, me included. >>

I know but caught me in a bad mood.
  • Options
    I seem to be good at that.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Another solid thread in the crapper!

• Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Another solid thread in the crapper! >>

eating more fiber will fix that.
  • Options
    BBCEBBCE Posts: 111
    OK, let me help try to clear this up. I see people getting pretty upset and all with he said/she said.

I have spoken many times over the phone when the deals were consumated. Every single time (e-mail or phone) I dealt with a person named S****. I never knew about anyone
    named Felicia. S**** Lindeman was most likely Felicia's husband, dad, brother, etc.

Then there is Felicia on the CU forums. Yes, she is a real woman and S**** is a real man. The person I know (S****) is very, very friendly, generous and knowledgable. Therefore, I assume they are the same team (married, siblings, etc) since they are both well liked around here.

No big deal, I just want everyone to know there is no gender problem! Just a team of some sort that I have dealt with, and most others have dealt with the other half.

Thanks, Steve
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>I never knew about anyone named Felicia. S**** Lindeman was most likely Felicia's husband, dad, brother, etc.
    >>

Sure not going to sit and argue with Steve, but Felicia told me a while back that she knew Steve personally, had met with him on several occassions and even offered to send him a text message regarding a possible group rip.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    she sent me a pm when I was thinking of buying the '72 Wax box stating that she would call Steve and get his thoughts on it and she might go in halves with me. Apparently she/he talked to Steve at some point and got his take on the box and what it's worth/series would be.

EDIT to say that I don't care whether its a she or a he and that whomever it is was very generous. I am inclined to think it might be 2 people but that is just my opinion, nothing more nothing less. The photos of the aledged Felicia were pretty hawt, imo.
  • Options
    Yes, it did get text messages, e-mails, phone calls, but I dont think ever met anyone in person (could have at a show and not put 2 and 2 together), but it was never with a woman named Felicia. Was always with the other half named S****.

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Steve, I find your willingness to comment on this publicly very puzzling. Shouldn't doing so much business with someone grant them a degree of confidentiality (especially if you wish to continue doing business)?

I can speak for myself when I say that I wouldn't want a merchant speaking publicly about my business and unless you decide to clarify your reasoning for doing this, I shall refrain from future business, even if it's to my detriment.

I've always found you a reliable figure in the hobby. This has me baffled
  • Options
    OK, just checked past e-mails and see that I have had both Felicia and S**** sign off their name at the bottom of the e-mail. However, all the voice communication I ever had was with S****.

I never suspected anything that was up. I just assumed they were a team (most likely married) that both enjoyed and bought/sold cards! Hope this helps! Steve
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Oh good grief, now we're going to whack Steve over this? Steve, the guy who is regularly hailed on this board - with good reason - who merely made an effort to step in and say what he knows?

BFD, PEOPLE. GET FREAKING OVER YOURSELVES. If it's one person, two people, 8 people, someone who's transgender or confused, WHO. FREAKING. CARES.

Really?
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Mike I think he was hiding the person's identity by not posting his name.

• Options
  • Options
    I still don't see why it even matters, it in no way impacts what she brought to the board. I will say that the address I used to send her something is in fact listed on the tax records as being owned by Felicia Lindemann.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

..."I guess I will refrain from all activity on here...."

///////////////////////////

A poor idea.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    I agree 100% with HeratigeAddict. It doesnt matter because they were both generous, honest, and trustworthy! I just wanted to help with some of the arguement going on!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All I tried to do was clear up some debates going on. I assumed saying they spent money with me was probably understood, since they always posted on here the results of the 1974 vending, 1975 vending, 1976 vending, 1952 Topps, 1971 Topps boxes, etc.
    People know I had these on my website, then they were gone, then they were shown on the CU boards. At least I know many of my regulars knew.
    Anyone who followed their posts about what they were buying (I.E. the 1952 Topps set) knew they were real players in this market and spent real money.

If I offended anyone somehow, then I apologize.

This is pretty much why I only have 47 posts over the last several years now. What I thought was just to settle peoples questions is going to get me more questions. I was warned I should say.
    I thought coming on here to help with disputes, fraud, pack resealers, groups of bad packs I'm getting hit with at PSA was only to help.
    I guess I will refrain from all activity on here. Goodnight! >>

I wasn't gonna get involved in this but I believe Steve "walked the chalk line" on this one - trying to clear this up without saying too much.

The fact that this person/couple has spent large amounts of money is OBVIOUS since the posts were pretty much an open book - rather conspicuous IMO. So, most know that they spent a handsome amount.

Felicia even went to the trouble of posting where she stayed and what the rooms look like - so that ship has sailed if ya know what I mean - for me - personally it was TMI.

I have no "axe" in this game.

I like Felicia and I like Steve.

I would prefer that no one is thrown under the bus - please.

Steve's a good businessman - and I'm sure knows how to handle confidentiality - he "knew" she had pretty much told people what/how much she spent by posting all the pics.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭
    Steve and I exchanged very cordial PMs. My only issue was privacy. Nothing more. Issue is resolved as far as I'm concerned.
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    I think Steve should stay and I'm glad Mike and Steve worked it out.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Gotta agree with my friend Mike.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    BigDaddyBowmanBigDaddyBowman Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Crickey, what's next? BigDaddyBowman turns out to be PetiteMommaPhiladelphia?

Hi Ryan.

Snorto~ >>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now that I have stopped laughing!!!! too funny.

Did my manboobs give me away?
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Steve and I exchanged very cordial PMs. My only issue was privacy. Nothing more. Issue is resolved as far as I'm concerned. >>

Glad to hear this Mike.

mike
    Mike