Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The 1952 Topps PSA Boards Set Build..Now 89% complete.......................

Comments

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    What a great idea...and a beautiful start to an amazing set.

My guess is $57,257.00

thanks

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    uyu906uyu906 Posts: 276 ✭✭
    My guess is: $58,433

Good Luck!!!
    Looking to trade for, or purchase, raw or graded vintage for my baseball sets: 1927 York Caramel, 1951 Bowman, 1957 Topps, 1967-1979.
    http://richsbaseball.webs.com
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    $54,902.21
    Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    kidzfundkidzfund Posts: 565 ✭✭✭
    $49,999

You know, many of us live vicariously through your purchases and rips...great idea for a thread and contest

Thank you,

Joe
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck!

$62,524.23

Robb
  • Options
    My guess is $63,573.07

This is one awesome thread!!! Thanks for including us all in the journey!!!
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    I guess 53,678.99 !Good luck,should be a very interesting journey.

Lou
    Collecting Roberto Clemente and Willie Stargell cards.
  • Options
    I don't post much but read these boards every day.
    I will follow this with great interest.
    My guess $54,787.50
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    Cool contest and thread! I'll take a shot with $51,832.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I think she'll benefit from some well-deserved generosity along the way.....46,789.33
  • Options
    Dude, let's get real here. This is your set. Lol that this is a board project. "Look at me! I can afford high end cards"
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    She's not a dude
    I think we already established that

My guess is 59,999
  • Options

<< <i>Dude, let's get real here. This is your set. Lol that this is a board project. "Look at me! I can afford high end cards" >>

It appears that BurritoJimmy is jealous. Know just go back under your rock and stay BurritoJimmy.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Good luck. Looking forward to some great scans and a nice little ride.

My guess is $47, 819.31
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Dude, let's get real here. This is your set. Lol that this is a board project. "Look at me! I can afford high end cards" >>

It appears that BurritoJimmy is jealous. Know just go back under your rock and stay BurritoJimmy. >>

Two things this board can all get behind: A beautiful group of cards being put together, and being a hatter on TacoBilly.
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    once again, illegal Jimmy surfaces. "look at me, I can't afford high end cards, so I'm gonna be an ass in every post I make"
  • Options

<< <i>once again, illegal Jimmy surfaces. "look at me, I can't afford high end cards, so I'm gonna be an ass in every post I make" >>

image Very Well Put.
  • Options
    Have fun!!! My guess $52,343
  • Options
    Good Luck. $53,819
  • Options

love it.

$48,019.61

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Be nice Burrito.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Be nice Burrito.

Steve >>

isn't that an oxymoron? or just a moron?

• Options
    ok,

was able to get some additions today..

I was able to get:

#'s...

3, 6, 9, 11 (rizzuto), 33 (spahn), 56, 62, 65, 70, 76, 103, 123, 127, 132, 133, 137, 147, 152, 165, 174
    183, 186, 188, 209, 218, 238, 239, and 321.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    So does anyone wanna take a shot at guessing how long completing this set will take...a week or two....image
    A collector of all things Braves
    Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options

<< <i>ok,

was able to get some additions today..

I was able to get:

#'s...

3, 6, 9, 11 (rizzuto), 33 (spahn), 56, 62, 65, 70, 76, 103, 123, 127, 132, 133, 137, 147, 152, 165, 174
    183, 186, 188, 209, 218, 238, 239, and 321. >>

Hopefully will have a HUGE amount of the high numbers knocked out over the weekend. A dealer I know contacted me and is buying a 52 set today/ tomorrow that has a bunch of PSA 6's and 7's.
    I inquired and I was told most of the graded cards are high numbers. He wont sell a card until he offers them to me first. So, if we can strike a decent deal for them I might be able to knock out a huge amount of the high numbers this weekend.

I will keep you all posted.
    The Link below will take you to the PSA Boards 1952 Set Build, I also have made 5 slideshows each slideshow is 100 cards long, card numbers 1-99,100-199,200-299,300-399, and 400-407
    Link To Scanned 1952 Topps Cards Set is now 90% Complete Plus Slideshows of the 52 Set
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Yes, is there a time frame for completing this set??
  • Options
    sfmays24sfmays24 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭
    Amazing progress, Felicia

I wish you could take over our State's mess and clean house...

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Yes, is there a time frame for completing this set?? >>

IT will depend on what my dealer friend has high number wise...If he has most of them and I can knock out the high numbers I think we can have this done by the end of the year or sooner.

We shall see...

Im staying off ebay until I need to go there as I have contacts that are emailing me and paying them via checks saves me and them money so I can get some discounts on larger purchases.

Now I will say, if any 52 set builders can chime in and let us/me know the real toughies excluding the high numbers I would love to know. I will then go on a search and destroy mission as we have 70 or so helpers here.

To Burritio Breath:

YOU HAVE NO FREAKING CLUE WHAT I AM GOING TO DO WITH THIS SET ONCE COMPLETE. YOU DONT HAVE ANY IDEA AS TO WHAT I MAY HAVE IN MIND FOR THE BOARDS..SO BEFORE YOU FLAP AWAY YOUR GUMS CHECK YOURSELF AT THE DOOR.

Ok, now back to our regularly scheduled program...

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $60,350.08 which stands for a 1960 Mick #350 in PSA 8. image

Good luck, should be fun to watch, although I voted for 63's.
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    Felicia their is a really tuff card that has a variation (Campos) the star on the back is black I think and not red.

Are you going to also do the red and black backs that are found I think in the early numbers?

I'd prolly just do a basic set.

39, 678. 90

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>SO BEFORE YOU FLAP AWAY YOUR GUMS CHECK YOURSELF AT THE DOOR. >>

LOL, that's pretty funny!

<< <i>I have contacts that are emailing me >>

I wish I had some dealers friends that would email me and help me out with my Stan Musial/Clemente needs. Its amazing that you've knocked out 33% of this set in two days.

• Options
    Steve,

Just doing the basic set..not doing the different red and black backs..

Just trying to find out if there are any low pop commons in the set that are not in the high number series.

• Options

dude I didn't mean to make you mad I just wanted to say it's not a group effort. As usual it's all you. R u sure there's not something else u need to tell us?
  • Options
    I don't think you will have any problems since you are doing the set in mid grade.

If you were doing it in 7 and above then the low pop phenomena would affect you.

I'd be surprised is all the cards could not be found in 4 5 and 6.

A quick look at the pop report might help?

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the scans, good luck with the project!!

I'll guess $48,877.

shawn
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.....Just trying to find out if there are any low pop commons in the set that are not in the high number series. >>

Since you are flexible between PSA 5, PSA 6, and PSA 7, I really don't think you will encounter anything too tough.

Edited to add: Steve types faster then me. image
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>dude I didn't mean to make you mad I just wanted to say it's not a group effort. As usual it's all you. R u sure there's not something else u need to tell us? >>

IJustLoveCards, Not a dude!!
  • Options
    Good luck on the set. At your current pace you should have it done in a couple days.

Guess is $63,037
  • Options
    cohocorpcohocorp Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    Enjoy the venture Felicia! I am glad I was able to contribute. You shouldnt have too hard of a time with any specific card since you are building a set between psa 5- psa 7.

My guess without the Mantle is $52,525.25

Pat
  • Options
    DamageIncDamageInc Posts: 150 ✭✭

<< <i>$60,350.08 which stands for a 1960 Mick #350 in PSA 8. image

Good luck, should be fun to watch, although I voted for 63's. >>

That's a little too close to my guess, I beat you to the punch with that numerology. Check 2 or 3 pages back.........
  • Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Steve,

Just doing the basic set..not doing the different red and black backs..

Just trying to find out if there are any low pop commons in the set that are not in the high number series. >>

Herman Weimreiner or Weissmueller or whatever is TUFF
    Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    $53,658.43
  • Options
    KarbKarb Posts: 557 ✭✭✭
    This is too cool!! I thought watching your rips was awesome image This will be a fun ride
    Robert

Hoarding silver and collecting history
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    $40,000
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Good luck with the set, Felicia.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    If it's not too late to guess I am guessing $100k for the cost of this monster.

For me that would be a choice between a box of cardboard or a pool house in our backyard! I think I know what my wife would vote for. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Felicia,

Glad that you have found so many in such a short time. I have an email out to a person who may have some cards to help with the set. I will let you know if I get a positive response.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    123slider and I just made a trade...

I was able to get the cards for our set...

Please make sure you all thank him...

he let me put these in the set..I will scan when they get here...

#110 Leonard - PSA 6
    #218 McCullough - PSA 7
    #91 Schoendienst - PSA 5
    #125 Rigney - PSA 6
    #100 Rice - PSA 6.5

• Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    And we movin' on up (movin on up), to the top (to the top), to dee-luxe apartment in the sky-high.......

Yeah movin on up (movin on up), to the top (to the top), we gonna get a piece of the 52 pie! image
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is $58,888.88!!

MAN I wish I would have waited to sell my recent sub of 1952 Topps cards. I'm going to a show this weekend with checklist in hand to search for gradable 52s. What a set! image