Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL 2009 Allen & Ginter Thread...LET'S SEE SOME RIPS.

Comments

• Options
    kmnortonkmnorton Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Anybody else see the '07 mini set up on the Bay for $99 BIN? Kind of makes me worried about long term value.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    OK, I think this will work:

Kevin
  • Options
    Let the pubic hair jokes begin:

• Options
    This one might not last the night in intact form. It is numbered to just 50:

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Why would Topps make an open window to this guy's beard...I wouldn't desire to touch it.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    This was a good start:

• Options
    bwahaha

link

• Options

Wish me luck!
  • Options

<< <i>bwahaha

link

image >>

the back says "The relic contained in this card is not from anything at all" I LOVE IT!!!!
    White Whales:
    1996 Select Certified Mirror Gold Ozzie Smith
    2006 Bowman Chrome Orange Refractor Chris Carpenter
  • Options
    Good luck Kevin!
  • Options
    meh

• Options
    I think your luck ran out with those autos and the DNA you pulled earlier image
  • Options

<< <i>meh

image >>

Not meh to a Mariners fan - hint, hint.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, everyone -- for all the fun of this thread. It seems like every year I get closer and closer to getting sucked in. Right now, I am so eager to buy case after case of this product. In the meanwhile, I truly appreciate everyone's love and passion for collecting. It is truly a joy to read through threads like this.

Good luck on continued great pulls and some better rips than Kevin's :-)
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Great rips so far I cannot wait to get my hands on a case. I just purchased one from eBay for $930 dlvd using 8% cashback and 2% with ebay bucks so not a bad deal. Hopefully it will be here by Saturday.
  • Options
    I will mention this, the first card I saw when I started my rips was the back of the Ryan Howard card. 288 packs last the last card I would see
    would be the same Ryan Howard card. That might of been the best part!

Kevin
  • Options
    Is that Felix just a normal base card or a special variation?
  • Options

<< <i>Is that Felix just a normal base card or a special variation? >>

It is whats called an extended mini. These are card #'s 351-400 which can only be found in rip cards. We never quite know the print runs on them
    but judging by the pull odds this year and that not all of the rip cards are numbered to 99 like last year, these are going to be rarer than usual.

Kevin
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Wow, just got home and have seen some amazing breaks! You did real good this year, Kevin.

If I've kept track the right way, I see some nice Dodger stuff:

Stoney - Kemp auto
    Kevin - Kershaw auto
    Dave - Billingsley bazooka

I know a lot of you guys are doing mini sets this year. If you come up with dupes, I'll be attempting the Dodger mini run again (base through bazooka).

Keep the rips coming!
  • Options
    fur72fur72 Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
    Cant sleep knowing A&G is out there. My case is in Addison IL.... Where the heck is that!!! image
  • Options
    magellanmagellan Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to bail early last night guys. I'll be ripping today.

Marc, jump on a case , it's great stuff. I can set you up with a '08 base & SP set cheap.

Dave
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
    Did I leave anything out?
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    way to go kevin. nice rips. tough rip card, but no guts, no glory. i ripped all 3 of mine last year...to not much luck either. I'll be putting all my big hits on ebay, but I'll post here first to give you guys first dibs....and to pickup some a&G minis.

peace,
    jim
  • Options
    Box 7
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Great stuff so far guys! While Blowout still hasn't shipped my 3 boxes, I did get some great news about my case, it went out today and is scheduled for delivery Friday! Rippage before the weekend. image
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭
    I'm collecting the Sizemore cards if anyone wants to sell me theirs just drop me a PM.
    Thanks and happy ripping.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    nice rips great pulls. ONLY?????????? Is the Cat Osterman going to be a hoax card?????

I have seen ebay auctions not only for the redemption auto BUT ALSO A REDEMPTION FOR THE RELIC (unsigned/just the relic). My concern is how could topps not have the piece of unifrom (or whatever) to make the relic card already in hand.???????

I'll still buy the CAT redemptions for $10 (image) nowing full well I'll receive any auto but HERS when the friendly folks at topps cave in to the realization they don't/won't have any "CAT" Osterman auto's.

SKY
    The Sky Pilot

• Options
    Topps has occasionally put relic redemptions into products. Back in 2001 they had to issue an Eddie Mathews bat redemption. Last year I pulled
    a Curtis Granderson bat redemption (how lame is that?). I am seeing a few redemptions pop up, hopefully it won't be the usual 6-8+ weeks wait
    on them.

I think today might be the big day that we see a wood 1/1 pulled.

Kevin
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Picked up the first box from my case today at lunch (only had enough $$ for one today)

Fun ripping tonight image

• Options
    2 boxes to start immediately
  • Options
    meuandthelotmeuandthelot Posts: 183 ✭✭
    Cool 2 lunchtime boxes image

Loaded product, hopefully some blasters hit the local stores soon !!
    Until then, I'm living this great release thru you guys.
    Thanks for sharing great stuff so far...
    Sig: Looking for a recent smr magazine, Please pm if you have one to recycle. Thank You
  • Options
    If you recall - the snakes were 1/case a few years ago, but then the retail boxes were loaded with them. Sell the invention cards now to the guys that will pay up front and then get them back when they tank in 3 months.
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options

<< <i>nice rips great pulls. ONLY?????????? Is the Cat Osterman going to be a hoax card?????

I have seen ebay auctions not only for the redemption auto BUT ALSO A REDEMPTION FOR THE RELIC (unsigned/just the relic). My concern is how could topps not have the piece of unifrom (or whatever) to make the relic card already in hand.???????

I'll still buy the CAT redemptions for $10 (image) nowing full well I'll receive any auto but HERS when the friendly folks at topps cave in to the realization they don't/won't have any "CAT" Osterman auto's.

SKY >>

How much more do you think the card would be worth if it was a piece of her game used panties instead of jersey?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>nice rips great pulls. ONLY?????????? Is the Cat Osterman going to be a hoax card????? I have seen ebay auctions not only for the redemption auto BUT ALSO A REDEMPTION FOR THE RELIC (unsigned/just the relic). My concern is how could topps not have the piece of unifrom (or whatever) to make the relic card already in hand.??????? I'll still buy the CAT redemptions for $10 (image) nowing full well I'll receive any auto but HERS when the friendly folks at topps cave in to the realization they don't/won't have any "CAT" Osterman auto's. SKY >>

How much more do you think the card would be worth if it was a piece of her game used panties instead of jersey? >>

Depends on whether or not it has sweat stains on it. Oh - sorry. That was uncalled for - but funny no less!

Also - hello guys! It's been nearly a year image
    kshorton says: i gots an Empire State Building card... seeking advice.. is this better and worth more than my psa 3 franco harris 1973 topps card which i defouled by trying to make a baby with ? Please advise. the franco card is graded.. the ESB card is not yet, and I do not want to have a baby with the ESB card.
  • Options
    8 packs in on the first box...pack 8 had first hit...the Fosbury Flop himself, Dick Fosbury

Also odd, through the first 8: 5 A&G back minis, 1 regular mini, 2 black border minis, 1 WBHHB, 1 National Hero

Next 8 to come.
  • Options
    Other than 2 SP minis and some mini inserts, the next packs were pretty dry...final 8 of the first box to come.
  • Options
    Box 1 Breakdown:

12 base sp
    2 code cards
    4 Highlights
    2 National Heros
    2 Hoodwinks
    3 Blackborder
    10 regular minis
    2 regular mini sps
    6 A&G back minis
    1 A&G back sp
    1 Auto: Dick Fosburg
    2 Relics: Cameron Bat, Gallardo Jersey

Box 2 to come
  • Options
    Through 8, 1 hit: Utley jersey
  • Options
    Nice Auto Ross,,,,,,,,,I have about 1/2 as many AG backs as reular minis thru 7 boxes.

Hi to Bill, good to see you back.
    Topps Heritage

Now collecting:
    Topps Heritage

1957 Topps BB Ex+-NM
    All Yaz Items 7+
    Various Red Sox
  • Options
    Yipee, Skippy. Local just called to say his shipment arrived and he set aside 2 boxes. I have to go home to pick up a sick kid, so it will be 1 box in the car on the way home and 1 during naptime. Good news and bad news all rolled into 1.
    IWTDMBII
  • Options
    The next 8 were more friendly and brought what I had been looking for:

and this LaShawn Merritt

Always nice to beat the odds.

Last 8 packs of a 2 box break to come. This will be it until my boxes show up in the mail...unless I get weak and go to the shop again.
  • Options
    After pulling the silk, it was no surprise that my 3rd hit in box 2 would be a plain Eric Chavez jersey...but there is always room for hit number 4....

Conclusion:

I like pulling two 1 per case cards in a single box.

I also pulled a George Washington National Heros card that I like.

2 box total scans to come.
  • Options
    That was a heck of a 2 box break Ross, congratulations!
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Sweet box Ross!!!
  • Options
    dont rip any more boxes until you rip the card first!
  • Options

<< <i>dont rip any more boxes until you rip the card first! >>

Your wish is my command...

edited to add:

Looks like I have an empty rip card for you Geordie.
  • Options
    Thanks for the well wishes guys, here are the totals

2 with two boxes:

24 base SP, including Jason Wong (code breaker) and Porcello RC
    6 Black Border Minis, Utley, Van Gogh, Custer
    18 regular minis
    4 regular SP minis
    11 A&G back minis
    2 A&G back SP minis
    4 National Hero minis, including G. Washington
    4 Hoodwinks minis
    1 Creatures of Legend, Werewolf
    4 Code Cards
    8 Baseball Highlights, including Thomas, Griffey, Jeter
    4 Relics, Cameron, Chavez, Gallardo, and Utley
    1 Auto, Dick Fosbury
    1 Silk, LaShawn Merritt
    1 RIP Card (RIPPED), James Loney
    1 Extended Mini, 389 Teixeira

edited for image:

• Options
    gj! If I get a rip card in the 4 boxes I ordered I'll make sure to rip it too!
  • Options
    Man Ross, that might be the best two boxes in the entire case! Great job. Geordie will be happy too.

I saw a break on the freedom boards, they guy was listing SP's...anyone have a list yet?

Kevin
  • Options
    Didn't make it home with boxes intact (did witness 2 fender benders), but, as Kevin would say, ehhh. 6 relics cards (1 of a fish and 1 of some motocross dude), 4 hoax, 4 black, 4 heroes, a hydra a unicorn and a Lester no number. Full recap to follow
    IWTDMBII