Always looking for Chipper Jones cards.
    Im a very focused collector of cards from 1909 - 2012...LOL
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭
    Very cool rip, thanks for sharing it!!!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    This is hands down the best thread on the board !!!
  • Options
    Cool rip. What does the gum look like in 70/71?
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    good enuff to give away at halloweenimage
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it rolling! This is better than must see TV!! How about some 1973-1975 Topps baseball!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Fergie, way to go on the jordan...you deserve it!

looking forward to your 2001 heritage rip fest!
  • Options
    jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing again!!

P.S. I love the oddball inserts of the 70's, what poster did you get?

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Fergie, Congrats on the Michael card and I hope it gets the high grade it deserves. Thanks for sharing all of these rips with us.

brian
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    one of my favorite threads!
    sweet jordan.
  • Options
    mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    nice cards, fergie!! so what poster did u get?? and can u post a pic of it?? (and the gum, too??)
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭
    Got the grade back for the Jordan rookie

NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1986 FLEER 57 MICHAEL JORDAN
    Date Received: 2/20/2009

Figured it was an 8 or 9 so within expectations. I will be opening the 98 Contenders fb box and 2004 Heritage this week.
    Will be buying some more unopened come March 1st not sure yet what it will be.

The 70/71 poster was Oscar Robertson.

Robb
  • Options
    I thought you had a good chance at a 9.
  • Options
    Time to open a couple boxes and packs. Going to start with a 1998 Playoff Contenders football box. The big hits are Peyton Manning auto rookie, Randy Moss auto rookie and Hines Ward auto rookie. I purchased the box for $184.50 off Ebay.

• Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    ALways wanted to open 98 Contenders, but I heard auto rookies run like 1-2 per case.
  • Options
    Well didn't hit a big rookie but it was a fun rip. The cards are definitely not in mint condition because the packs can move around too much in the box. I am not sure what the auto rate is but I did get a Curtis Enis auto (he was the 5th pick in the 98 draft). I'll probably buy another box sometime this year and see if the autos come one per box.

Edited to add grades:
    GEM MINT 10 1998 PLAYOFF CONTENDERS LEATHER 52 RANDY MOSS RED

Date Received: 3/10/2009
    Grades posted 3/16/2009
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I think you did great to hit an auto. Here was my thread from a while back.

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=556791&highlight_key=y&keyword1=1998
  • Options
    Next up is a 2004 Topps Heritage box. I purchased this box off ebay for $99.90.
    Could someone PM me the SP list for 2004 Heritage?

The non SP commons for this rip are available to the first person that PMs me and asks for them.

• Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Me! Me! Pick Me!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options
    Check the weblink in my sig...there is an xls spreadsheet that has all the lists for all years.
  • Options
    Thanks for the list.
    No ink but still fun to open. The Pedro is numbered 045/555, Reyes 1493/1955, A-Fraud 0840/1955 and Myers 1178/1955.

• Options
    The 2004 Heritage commons have been claimed.

Lastly a 1979 Topps hockey pack. Sadly no Gretzky yet again. Pack was $54 from BBCE. I only have one pack left of 79 hockey, guess I will have to add some more to my next BBCE purchase. Sooner or later I am going to hit a Gretzky.

As for next rips I have a box of 89 Score football on the way. That is a fun box to open with tons of HOFers. Sadly most of the cards don't even go for grading fees in PSA 9. I am headed off to Hawaii in a couple days but I will rip one of the 2001 Topps Heritage boxes before I leave.

Rooting for a big snowstorm in Northern Virginia so I don't have to go into the office on Monday.

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭✭
    Fergie: cool moss leather rookie card. PM me with a price if it's not going into your collection.

John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Great Contender box. Nice Young card....which I happen to be missing. image
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good stuff as always Fergie.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Just ordered some new stuff from BBCE to go with the 3 packs of 1986-87 Fleer basketball I purchased as part of the 86 Fleer bskt group box rip.

(3) 1990/91 Upper Deck Hockey Unopened Low Series Foil Box
    (3) 1976/77 OPC Hockey Unopened Wax Pack
    (1) 1986 Topps Football Unopened Wax Box
    (5) 1978/79 OPC Hockey Unopened Wax Pack
    (5) 1979/80 Topps Hockey Unopened Wax Pack
    (5) 1977/78 Topps Basketball Unopened Wax Pack
    (2) 1991 Stadium Club Football Unopened Wax Box

Going for PSA 9 worthy IGOR LARIONOV and VIACHESLAV FETISOV RCs in the 90/91 UD hockey; PSA 9 worthy BRYAN TROTTIER RCs in the 76 OPC; the typical stars from 1986 football; PSA 9 worthy MIKE BOSSY and BERNIE FEDERKO from the 78 OPC; Gretzky from the 79 hockey; PSA 9 of Dantley from the 77 basketball (already have a Parish PSA 9); and of course Brett Farve's from the 91 stadium club.

Should be delivered before I head off to Hawaii on Saturday so will probably open one pack of 86 Fleer before leaving.

Robb
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    Thanks for the great busts and sharing.

PLMK, if you are willing to trade off the Justin Leonard shirt card. I really like the colors.

hook'em

eloy100@gmail.com
    Hook'em
  • Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭
    Always a great thread image

79 Hockey has sucked for me too, just don't give up

Nice additional purchases too!

I wana see the 86 Football Rip image
  • Options
    May I ask what is special about IGOR LARIONOV and VIACHESLAV FETISOV 90 UD? I have opened a ton of that stuff over the past couple of months and probably have a mint one sitting in a box right now. Are they low pop, what is special about those?
  • Options
    Received my order from BBCE. Had it overnighted since I leave for vacation tomorrow.
    LARIONOV and FETISOV rookies are in 1990/91. I don't think there is any sort of premium for either of the cards but I need them in PSA 9 for my Hockey HOF RCs collection and the boxes are cheap so why not pull one and self-submit?

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    image HEY!! What do I see in the bottom left?? image
  • Options
    Ok gonna do a box of 2001 Topps Heritage along with random packs from my just received BBCE order. Purchased the box of Heritage from DACW for $293. Overpaid but sometimes that is the nature of the beast.

• Options
    Dibs on Ripken SP!! image

GOOD LUCK!!
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to the '01 Heritage box. Only one card I'd really love to find - the Mays/Williams dual Time Capsule Korean War relic.

• Options
    Sadly no ink in the 2001 heritage box. I did get 3 chromes: Maddux 380/552, Vaughn 369/552, Hudson 366/552.
    I think I will open a box of 2008 Playoff Contenders football next.

• Options
    How'd you do on SPs?
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    this is awesome to follow- he is going to pull a Gretzky this go around
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    DoctorKDoctorK Posts: 867 ✭✭✭
    I look forward to checking this thread daily. Great stuff, Robb.
  • Options
    Nothing special in the 2008 Contenders box which I purchased from my local card shop for $124.99.
    Next up some packs : 76 OPC hockey, 77 Topps basketball, 78 OPC hockey, 79 Topps hockey

• Options
    3 chromes in one 2001 heritage box is a really great rip.
  • Options
    1976 OPC hockey pack no star power. Purchased the pack for $35 from BBCE.

• Options
    1977 Topps basketball two HOFers but the centering in the pack was all over the place. Purchased the pack from BBCE for $15.

• Options
    1978 OPC hockey pack. Decent centering but no stars. Puchased the pack from BBCE for $18.

• Options
    1979 Topps hockey pack will open the last remaining pack I had prior to my latest BBCE purchase. Pack cost $54.
    I will also open one of the 79 packs I received this morning.

• Options
    Ok I am going to open 1979 Topps hockey packs until I pull a Gretzky or run out of packs. After this last pack four are left.

Robb

• Options
    No Gretzky but the corners in these packs are pretty sharp, whoever owned this box/packs prior to BBCE did a good job of storing it.
    Some HOFers and I almost did a flip when I say the Wayne Cashman, I was looking at the cards from the back and thought I had finally hit my Wayne Gretzky. Alas it was not to be.

• Options
    The quest continues. Two down two to go.

• Options
    The Great One!! Card was 2nd from the top. I also included the card prior to the Gretzky and after the Gretzky!
    Super cool and I have one pack left to open when I get back from Hawaii! Now let's see if I can pull a Jordan rookie, that would be quite the doubleheader.

Robb

Edited to add grade:
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1979 TOPPS 18 WAYNE GRETZKY

Date Received: 3/25/2009
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The Great One!! Card was 2nd from the top. I also included the card prior to the Gretzky and after the Gretzky!
    Super cool and I have one pack left to open when I get back from Hawaii! Now let's see if I can pull a Jordan rookie, that would be quite the doubleheader.

Robb] >>

Great Job!!!

That looks like a beauty too!

This is by far the best thread ever.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies