Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Unopened Rips - Jordan RC review bump

Comments

• mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing!
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Looks like Claude Osteen finally figured out that zipper.

Thanks for sharing.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Well ... as my sig line states, I had to sell some real nice unopened packs recently. I still have some left ... a few '67 baseball cellos graded PSA 8 and 9 and a few other years, but not too much. I do have about 5 or 6 '86 Basketball Wax Packs. I never sent these in for grading, because I'm not too sure if they are resealed or not. (Leaning toward them being resealed). SOOOOO, I think that later this week I will rip open a pack ... I'll post the cards here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Thanks again for sharing the rip. The Kareem card looks very good..is that a spot up on the top left?

• daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Nice pack. Thanks again for sharing.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Well ... as my sig line states, I had to sell some real nice unopened packs recently. I still have some left ... a few '67 baseball cellos graded PSA 8 and 9 and a few other years, but not too much. I do have about 5 or 6 '86 Basketball Wax Packs. I never sent these in for grading, because I'm not too sure if they are resealed or not. (Leaning toward them being resealed). SOOOOO, I think that later this week I will rip open a pack ... I'll post the cards here.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! >>

what unopened '60's stuff do you have left and how much do you want for it?

<< <i>what unopened '60's stuff do you have left and how much do you want for it? >>

Hey Corvette ... since I only have about 5% of what I had a couple of months ago I am not looking to sell the little that I have left. Here are 2 packs that happen to be sitting next to my PC. They are both 2nd Series ... which is the MANTLE series.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Nice Doug!
  • stevekstevek Posts: 28,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep rippin' those baseball packs - ya gotta get lucky sometime - hopefully.
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭
    nice basketball pack, also nice finish with cornbread.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I was going to say nice Malone as well but you got three different ones.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
    I just ripped one of my 86 Fleer packs. I have another thread on this forum with the results!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    All of these GREAT high-dollar rips are making me very happy, thanks for sharing them with us!
  • flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    good job on the rips. I love them!!

Manny
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭
    here's the (crappy) video of me ripping the 1974 wax pack I won from Manny, sorry about the quality, my wife used her cheap a@# camera.

P.S. Be nice, I was coming off throat and nose surgery 2 weeks earlier.

74rip

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the video Jmoran. I have butchered Cards managers name for YEARS! I thought it was "Shandeest" Thanks for the correct pronunciation!

<< <i>here's the (crappy) video of me ripping the 1974 wax pack I won from Manny, sorry about the quality, my wife used her cheap a@# camera.

P.S. Be nice, I was coming off throat and nose surgery 2 weeks earlier.

74rip >>

Hey Hey jmoran ... hope you are doing well ... didn't Manny tell you he looked thru the pack first? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA ONLY JOKING! That was fun to watch. Maybe I should try a video on the next '86 fleer basketball.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

<< <i>Thanks for the video Jmoran. I have butchered Cards managers name for YEARS! I thought it was "Shandeest" Thanks for the correct pronunciation! >>

I THINK it's pronounced SHANE-DEENST.

Hey, let's ask Ricky Henderson how to pronounce it! LMFAO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    wow! thanks for sharing. this was awesome. can't wait to see the 71s and the results of your 86 pack.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭✭
    Next up 1971 Topps football graded GAI 8. Got this for $250 which was on the high side.

Ugggg, complete disaster of a pack. No stars, no centered cards, nothing worth submitting. It appears to have been a series one pack.

• Never mind
    On the bright side the boxes for my next rips have started to trickle in.

I will be doing a run of Topps Heritage hobby boxes from 2001 - 2008. Also picked up a 1979 OPC Hockey GAI 9 pack, a hobby box of 2005 Topps All Time Fan Favorites (after seeing that dual Ryan/Bench auto card in the auto thread yesterday) and still have one 86 Fleer basketball pack left. I am going to have to space these boxes out a bit since I've burned through more than 1/2 my January card budget.

Robb
  • bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Robb, It's ok if you rip them all tonight. I'm sure some others will step up between now and the end of the month. Thanks again for sharing those rips.
    Robb,

Just a suggestion ... If you are going to buy 1960's and 1970's wax to rip open, I think you would get a lot more for your money if you purchased GAI "7" packs as opposed to GAI "8" or "9" packs. All of those packs are usually decent (as far as condition is concerned) and by buying the "7's" you may be able to get 2 for the price of one "9" in some years.

Looking forward to more of your RIPS!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Nice O'Bradovich pull, he's a great sports talk guy here in Chicago - I've never seen a card of his since I was negative four when that card came out.
  • Thanks alot for showing us these rips- you musta been shorting stocks the past 6 months to have that kind of disposable income.
    I live through your rips!
    Better luck next time pulling some money cards rather than the Horst Muhlmann card where they seemingly airbrushed his eyes in with the haunting steely blue
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭✭
    Fergie, rough '71 pack. I am looking for these:

71 topps fb (nm/m or better)
    50 133 150 156 174 177 185 189 192 201 206 209 217 227 244 245 250 259 260

thanks
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭✭
    fergie23, you are my new best friend. Thank you for sharing your sweet rips with us! image
  • jmoran19jmoran19 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭
    Fergie, thanks for sharing your rips, in the 71 fb pack what poster and game card did you get?

Current obsession, all things Topps 1969 - 1972

Well went to the card shop to buy some supplies and ended up with some boxes as well.

2006 Bowman Chrome football and 2006 SPX Football to be opened today. 2007 Topps Co-signors football and 2007 Artifacts Basketball to be opened tomorrow. Altogether the 4 boxes cost me $250 which is about $100 more than I could have gotten them on ebay for. Impulse buying can be expensive! The sad part of the whole story is that I wanted to get a 2008 Topps Heritage box, to complete the 2001-2008 run for my up coming rip, and they didn't have any.

I will post any hits from the 2006 Bowman Chrome first.

Robb
    Not sure if this is standard with Bowman Chrome football but I got a Uncirculated Rookie Parallel Card pack in my box. Will be opening this pack last.

Well nothing too special in the box.

I'll rip the SPX box when the playoff game starts or may do the 2007 NBA Artifacts box instead. 2006 football boxes haven't been kind to me recently.

Robb
  • Not bad rookies, and nice Jennings refractor. Too bad about the auto though.
  • mikelowell25mikelowell25 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭
    i, like john (jmoran), would also like to know what game card and poster fergie got in that 71 football pack--the corners on those cards looked kind of funky which leads me to believe that pack was resealed--i've opened a few early-mid 70's gai graded packs that were supposed to have had inserts or scratch-off game cards in them that were curiously missing--not to say that if fergie's pack had the game card and poster the resealer couldnt have scrounged those up, but if neither of those two inserts were present in his pack, that is a definite red flag. (and i know that topps would forget to include the inserts in the packs from time to time, but if his pack didnt have either of these inserts, then something is definitely fishy!!)
  • awesome thread. love the hester and urlacher
    Bill
    looking for PELLE LINDBERGH's psa and 1960 fleer baseball psa 8 and up
    sets in progress
    R.I.P. Barstow 24 April 1999 - May 15 2009
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Hold on to that Vick card.

I've heard good things about that kid.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
    I opened the SPX box over the weekend but didn't get the desktop hooked up to the scanner onto the internet until today. Sadly nothing really of interest was pulled. On a positive note I did get a 1970 Topps Series Two basketball pack so that will get ripped sometime in the near future.

Well I have some Java code that just won't work correctly and I need to rip something so I don't break my laptop.

So a 2005 Topps All Time Fan Favorites hobby box will have to do. I got this for $90. The hobby box comes with 2 autos per box! I saw that BBCE had some of the retail boxes but they only come with one auto.

Robb

• mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Lets see some SP autos!
    Sadly I don't think either of the autos was an SP. It was kind of a fun rip. Well back to the grind.

Well I opened the 07 Topps Co-Signors football and 07 UD Artifacts basketball. The Steve Smith is #12 of 50 which is kind of cool, matches his jersey number. The Jones brother auto card is cool as well.

• Hey a Laron Landry sighting. What you planning on doing with that there former LSU star?
    The 07 UD Artifacts basketball box was a total dud. I don't think I will be buying any more of this product. I am not a huge Chris Bosh fan, I think he is one of those players whose stats are inflated because he plays on a bad team. When he opts out of Toronto and gets a max contract to play somewhere else we will get to see if I'm right.

I will be ripping a 79 OPC Hockey pack later today in honor of the 79 Topps Hockey box I am buying today. I am getting a couple packs of 86 Fleer basketball with the hockey box as well.

The 79 Topps hockey box will be added to my growing unopened box collection.

Robb
  • EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    Fergie, if you'd like to part with the "commons" from the Fan Favorites box, shoot me a PM.
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭