Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL 2009 Topps Heritage Thread

Comments

• Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    I want some
  • Options
    They had the jumbo packs in the 2008 High Numbers at retail stores and unless you wanted base cards, then these were not worth getting as the odds were much tougher than hobby packs. The only way to tell if retail is going to be a better buy than hobby is to find out what the odds are per hobby packs versus retail packs versus retail jumbo packs. Normally when a product is scheduled to be in hobby stores on an upcoming Wednesday we usually see a few cards listed on EBay on the prior weekend. As of right now, I have yet to see any but I would really like for anyone that sees Heritage, to shoot a scan here of the wrapper!

Thanks!

www.mytoppscards.com

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Let's see. There are three different retail versions as well as hobby boxes. I really doubt there is ANY cut in production.

The dealer I spoke with heard that Topps is only filling initial orders for most products, and that it all they are making. He said he doesn't believe a word of it.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Great info guys. This could be very good and we could see another 08 update style pack for 2009...what do I mean by that?

*Less overall product (there was a TON of 2008 heritage, and boxes and boxes of retail)
    *Better pull odds. If it is like 2008 Update I will be very happy. Cases should contain 3-4 autos not 1-2

If I remember right, and someone might be able to help me with this, the jumbo packs had odds close to, or actually better than hobby. The downside is that you
    are spending 5 bucks and getting at the most one SP. I think retail might be the way to go this year.

I am planning an intoduction to collecting topps heritage on my blog page. I know it will be below many people here, but it will hopefully be a great resource
    for those looking to get their feet wet.

T minus 6 days now!

Kevin
  • Options
    My life has been in a bit of a flux for about a year now. My plan for Heritage last year was to pick up what I could where I could. That is exactly what I did, and I had a blast collecting it. I was able to put my master set in a binder, just like all of my older Heritage sets. This picture is how last year wrapped up.

My plan is similar this year, just a bit more aggressive. I wonder where 2009 will leave me.

The SPs are in a different 2-piece box beside my desk.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Jim (parkerj) is correct about the new type of retail packs this year, and I have ordered 1 hanger case and 1 blaster case from my retail source. I was also told by that retail seller that the 2009 heritage production was cut by 40% this year, but I don't know if I believe that......yet.

The hobby shop owner in my area said he was told by his Topps' representative that cards had only been produced to meet orders submitted and that production was down "significantly" this year. Unfortunately, the rep did not define "significantly."
  • Options

<< <i>The Topps website no longer shows a release date for 2009 Heritage. I hope this is just typical Topps, not a bad sign of a delay. Does anyone know if any distributors have received their cases, which should have been shipped February 16? >>

Why would they take Heritage off their web site? This has me concerned....

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The production on base Topps appears to have been cut significantly this year, sold out 2 months before release I understand, so I wouldn't be surprised if Heritage and A&G are likewise cut down.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    wow Jim, looks like mine!

• Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Kevin, not sure on your math.....Jumbo = 120 packs in a case ~$340/case = ~2.80 for a 14 card pack...not $5.
  • Options
    Are we talking about the hanging double packs? These have always been 4.99 at my store...cheaper is good.

Kevin
  • Options
    oh, got it....my price was calc'd based on nick's 340/case for them.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    when do you guys get them?

If anyone wants to sell my boy and I something, we'd be interested in 4 team sets of the Indians including their new additions such as Kerry Wood, and any Indians SP's.

I'll post a WTB ad when they are out!

• Options
    Where are you guys getting your retail cases? Are they Walmart, Target or Generic retail? They are all diferent.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    Speaing of retail, I wonder if there will be retail only inserts, I made a KILLING on those walmart inserts early on.

Kevin
  • Options
    Still no sign of Heritage. I'm beginning to believe it is going to be delayed and not available this week. Anyone else have any ideas?

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    It is not coming out until the end of the month.Probrobly Friday or so.
    Mike
  • Options
    was told today that one of my cases should ship on wednesday or thursday

local shop told me Sunday he got an email from his dist. saying it was delayed 2 days

no other updates
  • Options
    My local dealer told me thursday, I bet Korea will have it tonight!

Kevin
  • Options
    any idea where to get retail at the local wholesale price? sam's, costco,etc. thanks,foot.
  • Options

<< <i>any idea where to get retail at the local wholesale price? sam's, costco,etc. thanks,foot. >>

I have never seen it at a local costco. Not sure about Sam's

Tim
  • Options
    Keep in mind that retail blasters have a free pack in them, so cost is under 72 per box. You will have to check on line sites for retail cases, these aren't available
    all over the place. Good Luck finding one, if you do let us know!

KEvin
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    imagebecause I am excited for the cards to show up and this thread will catch fire........
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Yes, I am waiting for the fire to start. I am ready to start some major ripping!!!! Where is the Heritage? BRING ME HERITAGE!!!! image

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I saw on Topps website they are sending the first boxes to Zep's house to make sure he gets choice inkage.

brian
  • Options
    Maybe Topps decided to put some good autos in the product and that is causing the delay.
  • Options
    ...or they couldn't get the guys to sign, like 08 Topps Mayo....

I hope its the former, not the latter.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I'm not ripping, but I can't wait to see some scans. My local guy said his card was charged almost 2 weeks ago now and that he expects his product no later than the 1st...whatever that means.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options

Oh man, I am ready also. Im planning to have pulled the Ryan Howard autograph by my Birthday this Saturday. Every year I tell myself...I will be happy if I pull
    that one card. Some years I do and some years someone here trades me for it. This is the best place to be this time of year, everyone has their niches...chrome
    sets, refractor sets, a mix of sets, Indians for their kids, Braves, Cards, GU sets. I also hate to look at book values or ebay values, I just like to trade...whatever
    you need goes in the box, why would I want a card sitting in my box at home if you needed it? I like to trade when both sides are happy. I need this card, what
    will it take to make you happy with this trade?

Besides Ryan and John Basilone, the whole gang is here. I was hoping my old friend Craig would be by too, but times change, I'm still hoping he stops by
    and maybe we can make another trade, he is afterall my longest going trade buddy..9 years!

I think tomorrow I'm going to dust off the binders and take a stroll down memory lane. Maybe notice something I have never noticed before, maybe remember
    that last card I needed one year and finding it in the mailbox a few days later sent by a board member for free. Maybe Ill recall the long time traders and their
    kids and sending them a little something extra for the collection.

Is this about ripping the wax, the smell of gum, the thrill of the retail hunt? Maybe, maybe not, more for me, the memories..new ones AND old!

Are you all ready to chew A LOT of gum??

I am

Kevin
    (addict since 2001)
  • Options

<< <i>Is this about ripping the wax, the smell of gum, the thrill of the retail hunt? Maybe, maybe not, more for me, the memories..new ones AND old! >>

Big freaking ditto man!!! My first pack was 1989. This brings backs the memories. Can't imagine what you old timers actually feel if you collected these original Topps sets.....

Hope it hits soon. Can't wait to the Rangers in the set. Love me some Hamilton!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options
    KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh man, I am ready also. Im planning to have pulled the Ryan Howard autograph by my Birthday this Saturday. Every year I tell myself...I will be happy if I pull
    that one card. Some years I do and some years someone here trades me for it. >>

Ha, I think I traded you an '07 Howard auto!
  • Options
    My jaw is already starting to hurt from the gum.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    yes you did, it is one of my best cards, you also traded me a Don Zimmer which is also a favorite card of mine. Im looking forward to more trades!

Kevin
  • Options
    rube26105rube26105 Posts: 10,225 ✭✭
    don zimmers wife signed a card for me, i told her all about it to, ruining my card, dum bytchimage
  • Options
    Geez, Kevin, is it getting dusty in here?
  • Options
    Just talked to my local shop owner, who said he was told by his Topps' rep that the shipping date was now Friday, the 27th. He expects to receive his order late Friday or early Saturday. I hope my two case supplier gets his at the same time.
  • Options
    I would love to get the Ryan/Anderson dual.

I believe Sparky Anderson has his own auto this year. That would be cool to have too.

Would be better if it was him in a Tigers uniform.
  • Options
    Why can't they ever release it early, always just delays....I'm already so anxious that I'm like a little kid trying to go to sleep on Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    That's why your name is HeritageAddict!

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    my local shop says it will be on store tomorrow!
  • Options
    I have one shop saying it has been delayed and it will be in his store Friday and another one stating that he will have it tomorrow.

Craig in Texas
  • Options
    The guy I'm getting my case from said that his distributor told him it is now the 27th.
  • Options
    I want my Maypo!!!
  • Options
    I'll see if my case is in tomorrow. If it isn't, then I am tough out of luck until Monday. If that is the situation, I will be working and/or drunk all weekend.

I can't take the wait. I want my Heritage!

edit***There is nothing live on ebay yet. This is not a good sign.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    i want i need i gotta have
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    Is it just me or is anyone else tired of wading through all the 09 American Heritage to see if anything has popped up on Ebay yet.....

In a related note, is it just me or is anyone else tired of waiting for this set to come out!!!!
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Options

<< <i>i want i need i gotta have
    image >>

whoa, what is that?

Kevin
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

image >>

I'm a little disappointed to see a real player's picture on the hobby box. Does anyone have a real 1960 box? Was it the same?

Oh, and where the heck did the box pic come from?
  • Options
    DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, and where the heck did the box pic come from? >>

Japan.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • Options
    The pic from the auction on Ebay is from Illinois. So maybe the release date is today????

<< <i>

image >>

I'm a little disappointed to see a real player's picture on the hobby box. Does anyone have a real 1960 box? Was it the same?

Oh, and where the heck did the box pic come from? >>