Gold just fell off a cliff

Comments

• Options
    well on its way to $1000 and beyond.
  • Options
    GritsManGritsMan Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

There must have been a trampoline at the bottom of that cliff. >>

Platinum must also have a trampoline under it!
    Winner of the Coveted Devil Award June 8th, 2010
  • Options
    Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac had a lot to do with today's gold move, methinks.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit to add the yearly charts for those who may be trippin'

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>well on its way to $1000 and beyond. >>

I would say that Gold is well on its way up about $20-30, then well on its way down $30-$40, then well on its way up again $50.00, then on its way down $60.00. Gold is well on its way to repeat and rinse that cylce about fifty more times. image

Tyler
  • Options
    15 minutes to go until Thursday's close and Gold is up to $946.90, silver's at $18.29.
  • Options
    Good day because of Fannie and Freddie...

Was reading over some posts of some peeps on other sites saying that gold is near an alltime high and that it must come down soon. Well they are wrong, dead wrong. Inflation adjusted price of gold per ounce is over $2,000. I think that these "dips" are minor potholes in the street. Occasionaly we will hit a cone in the road (could be up to a 15-20% hit in price of gold) but i think that we will ultimately see much much higher prices. Of course this is only my opinion.

~Ryan
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some serious cliff climbimg going on today!!!!!!!!

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    James Sinclair just may be right.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn, gold just fell UP the cliff!

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    Looks like more Fannie and Freddie Fallout.
  • Options

<< <i>Climbing the cliff once again!!!!

image >>

$965 and climbing!!!!image
  • Options
    It may be Fannie and Freddie fall out this month but there is a long line of replacements who will contribute their share of failed debt as we go forward.

roadrunner
  • Options
    sbeverlysbeverly Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

The financials are taking numbers to stand in line for the Fed free money.
    Positive transactions with Cladiator, Meltdown, ajbauman, LeeG, route66,DennisH,Hmann,FilamCoins,mgoodm3,terburn88,MrOrganic, weg,dcarr,guitarwes,Zubie,Barndog,wondercoin,braddick,etc...
  • Options
    Can we take another week like last week???

And we're off..........image
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Place your bets gentlemen......
    ----- kj
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478
    I'll take gold for a thousand Alex! image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    Alex: Gold for$1000. Ok here we go: Of gold and silver, the metal with the best electrical conductivity.
  • Options
    rgCoinGuyrgCoinGuy Posts: 7,478

<< <i>Alex: Gold for$1000. Ok here we go: Of gold and silver, the metal with the best electrical conductivity. >>

What is SILVER? image
    imageQuid pro quo. Yes or no?
  • Options
    Correct. Gold is used to plate electrical terminals for it's corroion resitance. It's specific conductivity is slightly less than both silver and copper. We'll be right back for Final Jeopardy. Our category today is Astrophysics....

At least that's what it always was when I was dreaming I was on Jeopardy....--Jerry
  • Options
    notwilight, that is the description of astro projection in astrophysics, is it not? Oh, almost forgot to frame answer as a question: 'What is astro projection?' Respectfully, John Curlis
  • Options
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>Can we take another week like last week???

And we're off..........image >>

Dollar up/Gold up!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can we take another week like last week??? And we're off..........image >>

Dollar up/Gold up!! image >>

Yes, that means gold is going up rather than the dollar going down. Looks like the big boys are buying. --Jerry
  • Options
    I like the way this cliff is heading.

Can you say $1000 this week?

• Options
    StellaStella Posts: 689 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm also happy with this cliff! Let's keep it going...
    Coin collector since childhood and New York Numismatist at Heritage Auctions.
  • Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I wish all my investments would fall off the gold cliff.......
  • Options
    It can't reach a $1000 yet because too many former sellers are still waiting for the "real" 2nd/3rd quarter bottom closer to $800.

Watch out for stones and rocks falling "up" that cliff, you can get hurt.

roadrunner
  • Options
  • Options

<< <i>Damn, did it again!!!! http://www.kitconet.com/images/live/s_gold.gif image >>

If you could figure a good way to play $30 price swings in gold you could get rich. --Jerry
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If you could figure a good way to play $30 price swings in gold you could get rich. --Jerry >>

Um, buy low, sell high? (I'm just guessing)
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price of Oil is also falling of a cliff....down $4+ to $126 ... relief may be in sight image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Price of Oil is also falling of a cliff....down $4+ to $126 ... relief may be in sight image >>

but but gold is a sure thing! i read it in an email that came through the tubes!
    this is not a commodity bubble.... it is the real deal. total US disaster of the economy!
    i am sure it was supposed to all take place when Obama gets elected.

ah, investing in gold and silver. fun fun.
  • Options
    LALASD4LALASD4 Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Damn, did it again!!!! http://www.kitconet.com/images/live/s_gold.gif image >>

If you could figure a good way to play $30 price swings in gold you could get rich. --Jerry >>

Futures contracts?image But you just don't know which way it is going.
    Coin Collector, Chicken Owner, Licensed Tax Preparer & Insurance Broker/Agent.
    San Diego, CA

• Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Price of Oil is also falling of a cliff....down $4+ to $126 ... relief may be in sight image >>

You're welcome.

I bought USO when oil was at $143 -- very near its late June peak -- knowing that would cause oil to crater given my track record. In fact, I actually bought it with the hope of making oil drop. I've never been happier to lose money on an "investment."
  • Options
    WalmannWalmann Posts: 2,806
    Clearly a conspiracy by forgein elements to suppress US Mint sales of gold fractional Buffalos.
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    With gold tied to oil I really wouldn't be heartbroken to have gold fall off a cliff and I have about 15% of my investments in gold. I know people really want gold to skyrocket, but if that happens, and gold is still tied in with oil, the price of gas you put in your car, the milk you drink, the food you eat, etc will all skyrocket too. I don't want to see the "glorious depression" like some people seem to want.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options
    Gold currently at 945.50 +/- with trades. As someone mention Gold is a long term investment. In the early 70's soon after the gov't removed it's ban on private gold ownership I bought a 10oz bar of Gold from Leon Hendrickson (Silvertowne) for $420. I still own it to this date. Nice investment. Of course I still own my first 09svdb VF cent that I bought in the 40's from B. Max Mehl for the astounding price of $3.50. I worked as a kid all summer hoeing beans and corn here in Michigan (2 cents per 1000 foot rows) and saved up for that. He had it in his little green book listed as Fine. By todays ANACS standards it is is full split cheek VF. Another nice investment.

Gold will always go up and down with the economy but I do believe it has the potential of $1200 by next year. Just my oldtimer guess. Silver is the one that is way underpriced in todays market in my opinion. I guess time will tell. image

We sell more Gold and Silver on our website than we buy and I have to rely on my wholesalers for restocking and/or drop shipping for me.

Just an old mans opinion for what its worth. image

jerryb
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to see the "glorious depression" like some people seem to want.

I think that your perception is incorrect. I think that we are being ridden down a hard road by Congress and the Fed (and many bad choices, taken by alot of people who want something for nothing), and being heavily invested in PMs provides a bit of consolation, but it's not the desired outcome - making the best of a bad situation doesn't give anyone a big "warm fuzzy".
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>With gold tied to oil I really wouldn't be heartbroken to have gold fall off a cliff and I have about 15% of my investments in gold. I know people really want gold to skyrocket, but if that happens, and gold is still tied in with oil, the price of gas you put in your car, the milk you drink, the food you eat, etc will all skyrocket too. I don't want to see the "glorious depression" like some people seem to want. >>

I don't know of anyone wanting a depression. I do want a little protection in these unsettled times and I think only a fool would just do nothing when all the warning signs are there. What do you think about these links?

Paulson Warns Of More Tough Times

Quotes from the great depression

Place your bet but like most buying PM's they are going to be poorer if a depression comes but they will have a little hedge won't they and if the stock market streaks up and you've done it right the PM's will drop but your other assets become quite a bit more valueable. It's called having a balance of investments. No buy and hold here for me I move with long term trends and have done fine.
  • Options
    coolestcoolest Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

You are being sarcastic right?

You do know that the price at the pumps will never go down below $4/gal. no matter how cheap a barrel gets.
  • Options

<< <i>

You do know that the price at the pumps will never go down below $4/gal. no matter how cheap a barrel gets. >>

I don't know where you live or pump your oil, but the oil in my neck of the woods (Fredericksburg VA & surrounding area including Richmond ), never touched $4 a gallon. I always fill up in NJ on my way to Atlantic City & again, I've never filled up with $4 oil....
  • Options
    DirtroadRider
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You do know that the price at the pumps will never go down below $4/gal. no matter how cheap a barrel gets. >>

I don't know where you live or pump your oil, but the oil in my neck of the woods (Fredericksburg VA & surrounding area including Richmond ), never touched $4 a gallon. I always fill up in NJ on my way to Atlantic City & again, I've never filled up with $4 oil.... >>

Well more than likely your not buying 100% gas. In Oklahoma it was $3.99 a gallon which is one of the cheapest places in the country but 10 cents less for the corn blend stuff that gives you 1 to 4 miles per gallon less mileage.
  • Options
    Huh... I just read "GOD just fell off a cliff"...

Thinking of the motto on your coins then... would you still trust him?
    (or her.... I bet it's a her...)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I don't know where you live or pump your oil, but the oil in my neck of the woods (Fredericksburg VA & surrounding area including Richmond ), never touched $4 a gallon. I always fill up in NJ on my way to Atlantic City & again, I've never filled up with $4 oil.... >>

Well more than likely your not buying 100% gas. In Oklahoma it was $3.99 a gallon which is one of the cheapest places in the country but 10 cents less for the corn blend stuff that gives you 1 to 4 miles per gallon less mileage. >>

Sorry dude ... that stuff is not available in NJ & very few stations cary it in VA. I only use reg. unleaded gas & it's currently at $3.87 at most of my stations....
  • Options
    Maybe OBAMA has struck a deal on his trip to the EAST...image
    DirtroadRider
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,313 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locally, it moved down to $4.25/gallon where I live (some still have it at $4.37 for regular unleaded) at the local Chevron (I don't do arco...AM/PM...other low end ones.

I try not to let it affect my life as it really isn't "that" much to me, in the scheme of things, but I have found that the price of gas + some of the summer traffic conditions (road construction primarily) has led me to visit local (1 hour or so drive) coin shops a lot less. Last summer, I was driving the 40+ minutes almost every weekend (about 20 miles or so) to go to a local shop. Been there once in the last 10 months or so.

As for gold....sure, could go up more, but it could (and I hope it does) go down a lot.
    And, I am someone who has a few ounces put away.
    I watched my 1oz AU Gold Lunar Dragon go from the $625 I paid for it to over $2000 recently (on ebay sales).
    I haven't sold. I bought it for my son and family and as a small hedge.
    Also have the horse (bought for $500...going for $1500+) and the monkey (another $480 or so and going for just over a grand recently).

Have a few more ounces that I will sell when gold goes back over $1000 (more likely, would sell around $1050+).

Even given that, for the economy, the country's health, and my own, other, likings, I would be very happy to see gold tank. Even if unlikely, I would love to see gold back down to sub-$500 and silver back down to sub-$8 per ounce.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>image
    "I've fallen, and I can't get up" >>

.... for the 99th time.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>image
    "I've fallen, and I can't get up" >>

.... for the 99th time. >>

Still funny for the 100th post!!