Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold just fell off a cliff

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A real "Wile E. Coyote Moment"...........
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,893 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Here we go again!!!

image >>

Now this is a cliff, it was up 15 minutes ago, down 40 15 minutes after NYSE opened, under 800. >>

And again!!!!!!!!!! >>

And again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image >>

Yet again!!!

Love it CaptHenway....."A real "Wile E. Coyote Moment" image
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold ain't got anything on silver right now. It ain't pretty. MJ

Timber
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been waiting for that 2nd shoe to drop since Tuesday's splunge. $1360's/$25's would be my next target area. The G20ers might want to see a PM's "bang" before they wrap it up.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,402 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those bad people are playing with the markets again.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Somebody put a fence around that dang cliff!!!!!!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    3%???...And off the cliff it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! image
  • Options
    We need one of you folk what be clever with computers to create a little graphic showing a submarine cruising along on the surface and then suddenly the words DIVE! DIVE! DIVE appear above it and the sub goes 30 degrees down by the nose and disappears under the water......
  • Options
    Paper long today

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    Maybe I shouldn't have bought that 100oz bar for $.65 over spot on Friday...
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe I shouldn't have bought that 100oz bar for $.65 over spot on Friday... >>

Yup .. you could have waited until this afternoon, but it still would have cost you $.65 over spotimage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    And yet again!!!!! image

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    look at silver!

(thanks to kitco)
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    I was watching silver on the 1m chart from 3:55pm to 4:00pm. Wow a $.40 drop from $29.20 to $28.80...........Shnike's...................MJ
  • Options
    Well, it is Pearl Harbor Day... $2 drop in one day... so what major bank is pulling their sh.... I mean shenanigans this time?
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    Stick around. You ain't seen nothing yet up or down. I mentioned yesterday in another thread not to crow about silver being over $30.00.

The shakeouts will be fierce along the way. Especially on silver.

MJ
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope so.
  • Options
    Gravity once again, steals the show.
  • Options

<< <i>And yet again!!!!! image

image >>

Dive Dive Dive!!!!! image
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

Dive Dive Dive!!!!! image >>

• Options
    Gold is falling again fast today!
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    Down more than $20.00 and still diveing!
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
  • Options
    down now $23.60
  • Options
    Go to Jim Sinclair's webpage. I always check to see what the dollar is doing when gold tanks. The charts are self-explanatory.

Yesterday, we were told that the "risk trade" in stocks was back "on". Today, the dollar is being pumped up in support of that story.

I don't know the Chinese president's visit the White House relates to all this, but you can be certain that there is an underlying situation we are not being told about.

The question isn't about gold. The question is - why is the dollar so strong today? Of course we all know that the Chinese want a stronger dollar so that they can cash in their Treasuries at the higher price. They've been complaining to Geithner for months about the cheap dollar.

I believe this simply to be a gesture of good faith towards the Chinese. This too shall pass.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    Intial jobs claims came in better them expected. They were released at 8:30 am. The slide start at around 8:25 and accelerated upon the release. I'm watching the dollar live. It's really not that strong today in light us this, 78.78 as I type..........All the pm bulls that have been clamouring for lower prices to re-load should be doing a happy dance on a day like this. In retrospect gold is down exactly what the Nasdaq was yesterday percentage wise and I didn't see any stock guys anywhere jumping out of windowsimage

Silver is getting hammerimg right now

MJ

• Options
    I didn't see any stock guys anywhere jumping out of windows

MJ, did you not receive the Obama civility memo?? image
  • Options
    It is a good time to buy the dip.
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAA
    ....................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    .........................................................GGAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DIVE!
    DIVE!
    DIVE!
  • Options
    Gold just fell off a cliff
    Wile E. Coyote, please call your office!
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold hung around at high levels for a couple of months probably on the coat tails of the other commodities and general dollar weakness/indecision. It's time was due.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Gold hung around at high levels for a couple of months probably on the coat tails of the other commodities and general dollar weakness/indecision. It's time was due.

roadrunner >>

Why is it falling? All I hear & see is every thing getting worse~economicallyimage Except big banks & wall street.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

image >>

Will Gold ever come back!!! image
  • Options
    Why is it falling? All I hear & see is every thing getting worse~economicallyimage Except big banks & wall street.

The official reason is that the "risk trade" is back "on", that the economy isn't cratering and that gold is a barbarous relic.

As you stated, the big banks and wall street are still knocking down their big salaries and huge bonuses.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

image >>

Will Gold ever come back!!! image >>

Such fun!!!! image
  • Options
    Deja vu
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gold just sits there and glitters.

..might have to sell some and buy something that DOES something, like a useful machine, or hire a person, or invest in a company that invents something or makes something good and sells it for a decent margin into a growing market, or produces entertainment that people will pay for, or buy something that I can use, like a vehicle or some clothes or a meal or a home improvement. Maybe there's a company that has intellectual property on a paradigm-shifting drug delivery or a breakthrough treatment for solid tumors or cardiovascular disease or diabetes or obesity.. you know, something cutting edge, something that makes progress for the human condition, something that improves the quality of life... something beyond "hiding" in a "safe haven" because I'm "scared" of "them"

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    All good ideas, Baley...all good ideas. And that is the American Business Model - the one that is being systematically destroyed, and the one that monetary & tax policies are so critical in maintaining. The reason that people are "hiding" is because the very essence of everything we work so hard to achieve is being stolen and regulated into oblivion by nameless, soul-less, faceless bureaucrats who don't have the same admiration for the work ethic and American Dream that you epouse. Elections, and public policies matter. Just my opinion, of course.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

image >>

Such fun!!!! image >>

Not AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to add: I love this thread!!!
  • Options
    Every few months it gets it time in the lime light. It is an interesting drop however...
    Remember that the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.

BSTs with: Coll3ctor, gsa1fan, mkman123, ajbauman, tydye, piecesofme, pursuitofliberty

Travelog - 20in20travels.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

image >>

Such fun!!!! image >>

Not AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to add: I love this thread!!! >>

And I still love this thread! image
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    margin requirement hikes tend to appear right after a big dive, they like to kick you while you're down. Don't think this one is enough to bring them out. They prefer to act on vertical lines down.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are tricky that way. If possible, be trickier!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>They are tricky that way. If possible, be trickier! >>

I learned the hard way. Now I've got their number, I think. image

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    MesquiteMesquite Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭
    Myopia?

Did not gold rise about $200 per oz in the past 30 days? Who gives a rip that it retreats $32 per oz today. At $1760 or $1550 I'm not selling. I am more likely to buy at $1550 though. Keep on stacking folks.
    There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.
    –John Adams, 1826
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,503 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Myopia?

Did not gold rise about $200 per oz in the past 30 days? Who gives a rip that it retreats $32 per oz today. At $1760 or $1550 I'm not selling. I am more likely to buy at $1550 though. Keep on stacking folks. >>

The bottom line is that in a few years todays gold prices will look cheap.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

image >>

image >>